Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

InediblePenguin posted:

somebody on here anonymously sent me an Amazon gift cert back at the start of quarantine which bought me a hair clipper which literally saved me from getting gender dysphoria over my hair getting too long lol. whoever that was: thank you (i had enough left over to buy a book on Heian-era culture for myself and a scratch pad for my cat, it was very kind)

i'm a very low-tier poster but i've really enjoyed my time here. learned a lot, read a lot of funny and/or interesting things, joined a couple discords then immediately quit out of social anxiety. thanks, goons

holy poo poo, I also got an amazon gift cert then from some goon. Goons are cool.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Back when the site was huge it was insane, if people were talking about basically anything a ton of people with a lot of expertise in that field would show up and drop knowledge bombs. I learned a ton lurking here back in the day.

"And how do you know all this?"

"Someone on this website- no they're legit- yes I trust them why- no but- ugh you wouldn't understand."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
An anonymous goon ordered nearly a hundred bucks worth of delicious grubhub restaurant food to my apartment when me and all my roommates had covid, and it was loving amazing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hey fellow goons, I want to say this is probably the only website that's ever been a positive influence on my life, vs practically everywhere else where I'd prolly join a gang to go find the servers and smash them up.

This place has brought me so much help and joy for near on two decades, and even spending those years aggro and never funny, it feels nice to be part of some weird dweeb family. Y'all rule.