Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

"Cock'n'Balls" is a pinnacle of modern medicine.
Here is a running list of places I have sent a news tip to regarding this story, including all relevant posts, pictures, police reports, background etc:

CNN, NPR, NBC, Missouri News Tribune, The Verge, Kotaku, Gizmodo, Jezebel, HuffPost
Slate, The Atlantic,The Daily Beast, 4 parts of Vice, Motherboard, Buzzfeed
Mother Jones, Reuters, AP, Chicago Tribune, ABC, CBS,
Scott Vance and Barbara Vobejda at Washington Post (both Deputy Managing Editors), NYT, Mashable, Polygon

Any other suggestions on how to get this out there? I realize the chances are slim to none that anyone will give a gently caress but it's worth a try. I used to have a job pitching video news releases to the top 100 TV stations in the country so I don't give a gently caress about calling and talking to news directors, I just need suggestions or contacts as I have none anymore.

Anyone want to amplify my voice and send the story out too? This story could benefit from a good investigative journalist or 10 to get at the truth. They'd obviously protect the identities of the alleged victims unless they choose to be identified / if they want to remain anonymous or not speak at all.

gently caress you Lowtax. Believe women.

I can't believe I ever actually defended you to anyone. I don't give two shits if Lowtax bans me for this - it'll be my first and loving last ban and I'd deserve it for 19 years of thinking Lowtax wasn't a shitbag.

Truly, Lowtax, you are Something Awful.

Edited to add:

Buzzfeed, TMZ, Benjamin Landy, the digital news editor at Vanity Fair.

Rashaverak fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I love you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
you are misguided if you think the world gives a poo poo about some has been web host that only contribution to the internet in the last five years is youtube videos watched by like 20 people in this time of cops bad/blm/corona

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

you are misguided if you think the world gives a poo poo about some has been web host that only contribution to the internet in the last five years is youtube videos watched by like 20 people

yeah but lmao if CNN talks about something awful only because its collapsing

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

you are misguided if you think the world gives a poo poo about some has been web host that only contribution to the internet in the last five years is youtube videos watched by like 20 people

You're misguided if you think media doesn't love reporting on poo poo that shouldn't be BREAKING NEWS at all.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
if this gets some of the star wars 9/11 photoshops aired on the news im all for it

otherwise lmao how does this help anyone

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty much no media outlet gives enough of a gently caress about the Somethingawful website enough to do a story about how the owner is a wife beating rear end in a top hat.

The only people in the world that give a gently caress about this website is us, the people posting on it :(

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It can help get rid of the remaining patreons.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe you could get a beer to sponsor lowtax. Like find a beer that a lot of wife beaters drink and then make up some slogan about how he won the battle or something. :shrug:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Bronze Fonz posted:

It can help get rid of the remaining patreons.

who the gently caress is paying lowtax that wouldn't have noticed this by now AND is watching the news on tv like a stone age person

hell if anything its more likely to get a bunch of right wingers to fund lowtax or something equally crazy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CNN has informed me that they have heard your pleas and an ICBM affixed with a hydrogen bomb is on its way to these very forums.

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

I did contact Buzzfeed and forgot to list them. TMZ notified because gently caress it, scum begets scum.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Ha omg def keep me informed so I can illustrate the story later

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

you are misguided if you think the world gives a poo poo about some has been web host that only contribution to the internet in the last five years is youtube videos watched by like 20 people in this time of cops bad/blm/corona

I was a paramedic for 12 years. I've seen domestic abuse up close and personal - the silent kind where the victim can't talk because of his/her abuser, the silent kind where the victim can't talk because his/her abuser killed them, and the all too rare cases where the victim is able to get away and struggles to eke out a new life due to the fallout of the relationship/abuse/accusations.

Believe women. I don't give a gently caress if anyone pays attention, I'll keep shouting into the loving void until I feel like stopping.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rashaverak posted:

I was a paramedic for 12 years. I've seen domestic abuse up close and personal - the silent kind where the victim can't talk because of his/her abuser, the silent kind where the victim can't talk because his/her abuser killed them, and the all too rare cases where the victim is able to get away and struggles to eke out a new life due to the fallout of the relationship/abuse/accusations.

Believe women. I don't give a gently caress if anyone pays attention, I'll keep shouting into the loving void until I feel like stopping.

Yea, I get why it's bad. But lowtax is a small fry, no media outlet is going to give a gently caress. If they gave a gently caress, there's probably plenty of more newsworthy women beaters out there than a guy that lives in Missouri who happens to own a website.

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, I get why it's bad. But lowtax is a small fry, no media outlet is going to give a gently caress. If they gave a gently caress, there's probably plenty of more newsworthy women beaters out there than a guy that lives in Missouri who happens to own a website.

I guess my only response is you'd be loving surprised how many news directors were loving happy to have a story to run about incremental upgrade in medical product X or heartwarming story about medicine Y or disturbing report about person Z that can be substantiated. The things people would pay us to advertise as "video news releases" was incredible.

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

Why am I putting myself out there?

I am a survivor of sexual assault in the military. I've been abused and I've treated the abused. I made a promise to myself that I would never miss a chance to speak up, and I didn't even see what was lurking here in these forums.

gently caress Lowtax. Believe women. Get this story out. Professional journalists will make sure the alleged victim(s) are protected.

Make sure this never happens again.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
What about Fark?!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
hey intern reading this thread, print this

:krust:

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Contact FAU I heard he's in journalism.

*News Update*

FAU is no longer in journalism

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

I informed Benjamin Landy, the digital news editor at Vanity Fair.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
As unfortunate as this situation is, it isn't really newsworthy in itself. The drama and intrigue might be. I'm not sure what is accomplished through tabloid journalism (i.e. speculating on people's personal affairs, distasteful though they may be).

I've seen thousands of posts but very little information. A lot of calls to burn this place down.

Before we do, I just want to say the forums for me has never been about Lowtax, but hanging out with all of you. I understand if you feel like you have to riot, but it still makes me sad to see people equate the clubhouse with the landlord.

I will miss our happy times together.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Rashaverak posted:

Here is a running list of places I have sent a news tip to regarding this story, including all relevant posts, pictures, police reports, background etc:

CNN, NPR, NBC, Missouri News Tribune, The Verge, Kotaku, Gizmodo, Jezebel, HuffPost
Slate, The Atlantic,The Daily Beast, 4 parts of Vice, Motherboard, Buzzfeed
Mother Jones, Reuters, AP, Chicago Tribune, ABC, CBS,
Scott Vance and Barbara Vobejda at Washington Post (both Deputy Managing Editors), NYT, Mashable, Polygon

Any other suggestions on how to get this out there? I realize the chances are slim to none that anyone will give a gently caress but it's worth a try. I used to have a job pitching video news releases to the top 100 TV stations in the country so I don't give a gently caress about calling and talking to news directors, I just need suggestions or contacts as I have none anymore.

Anyone want to amplify my voice and send the story out too? This story could benefit from a good investigative journalist or 10 to get at the truth. They'd obviously protect the identities of the alleged victims unless they choose to be identified / if they want to remain anonymous or not speak at all.

gently caress you Lowtax. Believe women.

I can't believe I ever actually defended you to anyone. I don't give two shits if Lowtax bans me for this - it'll be my first and loving last ban and I'd deserve it for 19 years of thinking Lowtax wasn't a shitbag.

Truly, Lowtax, you are Something Awful.

Edited to add:

Buzzfeed, TMZ, Benjamin Landy, the digital news editor at Vanity Fair.

i dont really think this is newsworthy. its just sad and it'll better serve the victims if it remains unknown to the world at large.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Docahedron posted:

Contact FAU I heard he's in journalism.

*News Update*

FAU is no longer in journalism

those "10 reasons the star wars prequels were actually good" articles arent gonna write themselves

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rashaverak posted:

I guess my only response is you'd be loving surprised how many news directors were loving happy to have a story to run about incremental upgrade in medical product X or heartwarming story about medicine Y or disturbing report about person Z that can be substantiated. The things people would pay us to advertise as "video news releases" was incredible.

Well, those 1st two scenarios are most likely paid advertisements than actual news pieces.

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Well, those 1st two scenarios are most likely paid advertisements than actual news pieces.

The secret is that there's no difference in the news world. Paid advertisements run just like news stories. All that matters is getting eyeballs on the screen, and this has potential.

Edit to say:

I pitched many "advertisements" that ran like news stories. Yeah, I was part of the problem for a while. Now I want to use those skills for good - to gently caress over Lowtax.

poo poo pee pee
Feb 10, 2020
This forum isn't some super secret thing, if anyone wants to report on this they could have already

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

poo poo pee pee posted:

This forum isn't some super secret thing, if anyone wants to report on this they could have already

You're right, but there's so much poo poo going on if you don't grab a news director's attention in the first 30 seconds they don't care. The purpose of my emails, phone calls, tweets, and such is to get news directors to pick this story up.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Rashaverak posted:

You're right, but there's so much poo poo going on if you don't grab a news director's attention in the first 30 seconds they don't care. The purpose of my emails, phone calls, tweets, and such is to get news directors to pick this story up.

bro stop doing this embarrassing rear end poo poo. respect the victims and stfu.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Though abuse is common enough that this may not pick up, I like the idea of pushing out this cretin and getting some press coverage saying that our community didn't stand for this dogshit and demanded a changing of the guard (and you can do it too!)

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

Muscle Wizard posted:

bro stop doing this embarrassing rear end poo poo. respect the victims and stfu.

Please know I have no desire to expose any of the victims of this. I believe in professional journalists to vet the story, protect the victims, and do their due diligence.

I just don't want to be part of keeping this silent. Let the victims stay hidden - let the abuse come out.

gently caress Lowtax. Believe Women. Get this story out.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Literally laughed in real life that poster on dead comedy forum thinks the editor of CNN will interrupt their broadcast of the global pandemic & riots to bring viewers a story about a web admin who shoved his girlfriend and now the future of a website with daily visitors measured in the low hundreds might be in jeopardy

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

didnt lowtax get interviewed by vice for shutting down fyad

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I think we should let the women he's abused ultimately decide who to talk to about this. Also, going public now will gently caress up her court date in September. Chill, nobody should get famous off this.

edit- yeah lemme just say this as the person who posted it to the frontpage.

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 26, 2020

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

935 posted:

Literally laughed in real life that poster on dead comedy forum thinks the editor of CNN will interrupt their broadcast of the global pandemic & riots to bring viewers a story about a web admin who shoved his girlfriend and now the future of a website with daily visitors measured in the low hundreds might be in jeopardy

Literally don't care. I'm a sexual assault survivor myself.

The day I saw the people who were responsible for my experience front page on the Army Times was the best day of my life at that point.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Hahahahaha are you loving 12 years old?

Get a loving life dude.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

It wouldn't be the first time media report on SA when it could've been a simple tweet.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Maybe Vice will do another report :shrug:

I get your good intentions op but this is relatively local small times forums drama.

Rashaverak
May 13, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

Maybe Vice will do another report :shrug:

I get your good intentions op but this is relatively local small times forums drama.

I've talked to plenty of news directors who were happy to run something outside their usual. 95/100 I'd call wouldn't care about XYZ story but there's always the few that're "HOLY poo poo hey Bob c'mere, he might have something".

At least no one can say I stayed silent once I knew.

gently caress Lowtax. Believe Women. Get this story out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rashaverak posted:

Please know I have no desire to expose any of the victims of this.

Uhhh, what do you think is going to happen? If this became a huge story their names would get out and they'd probably be dealing with tons of stupid poo poo that they never wanted. This is knee jerk idiocy.