Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It may be that there will be a second chance to :post:

:dance: :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I used to post on my old account as a teen until I autobanned in 2008. Then my friend bought me this account (caustic username and all) as a gift a year later. I mostly lurked for the next 10 years, and now I’m posting again baby! The key to posting is to look down on everyone in the threads you post in, and hell, everyone else in the forum. Once you fully internalize the idea that everyone who disagrees with you is an ugly nerd/loser/idiot/evil/whatever you can attain posting nirvana, and rack up that sweet 5-digit post count and forum rep. Just go loving nuts.

Cherube Goldberg
Nov 15, 2014

2-bits posted:

Social anxiety. Honestly though, seeing the forums about to go up in smoke made me feel pretty stupid about it.

:same:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

2-bits posted:

Social anxiety. Honestly though, seeing the forums about to go up in smoke made me feel pretty stupid about it.

Same, seeing a looming apocalypse kinda made me realize I might never get another chance, it's the sort of logic that keeps people buying the McRib. Plus all the goatse everywhere helped break the ice, it's "The Aristocrats" of posts

DrOnline
Oct 21, 2007

WilWheaton posted:

Same man, these dead gay forums have been a huge part of my life and I barely post on them

Also same. If the alternative is reddit I would rather jam a lifetime of posting in here as fast as possible

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
if you ever think for a second "maybe I shouldn't post this" that's when u mash that reply button. eventually, if you're a bad poster for like 5-10 years straight, you might get a permaban, and that's just natural selection baby

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
i registered as a near child to play garrys mod with forums members

no regrets, only shame

DrOnline
Oct 21, 2007
Its like this account is my 13 year old son I dont talk to and my drunk rear end just walked into middle school graduation pretending everything is gravy

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Hot steamy tip, i think every thread I've made about peeing or pooping has gotten at least 3 pages. The subject gets a lot of traction and sometimes earnest discussion around here. Give it a try!

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Heard u become a wizard of u don't boat for 30 years. True?

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

WilWheaton posted:

I've got a long time lurker question, how late is too late to quote something to reply to it in a thread? 1 page later?

Usually I end up reading a thread from the start and by the time I find something I want to reply to its pages between me and the end of the thread.

is it too late yet to quote this post? i’m still confused

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Lamare posted:

is it too late yet to quote this post? i’m still confused

Ha nope

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012
I'm a useless white noise poster every where I go, but I hate those and scroll past them in every thread! So I just don't post anything instead. Seems to work out.

And I joined on an ugly day, the day that the paywall came up on Let's Play because of the Dangan Ronpa thread. I wish I hadn't done that, but I wanted to keep reading the forums!!!

Lamare
Mar 7, 2014

2-bits posted:

seriously, :same:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why'd you feel anxious posting in front of some loving goons?! It's not like they're real people

Hic Sunt Dracones
Apr 3, 2004
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.
I joined in 2004, but I very rarely post anything, and most of my small number of posts were in the first couple years after I joined. Despite my lack of posts, I do read the forums quite regularly and have done so consistently since a couple years before I registered.

There’s no complex or interesting reason why I prefer to lurk and read than to post. It doesn’t make me anxious or self-conscious, and I don’t care about how others might react to my posts. I just don’t usually have a desire to contribute. In any given discussion, there’s a good chance someone else has already taken the position I would, but I don’t see any value in empty-quoting them just to say, “I agree.”

Also I find my username to be stupid; I will acknowledge that’s probably a factor in my remaining mostly a lurker (not that a name change is too expensive). It was actually a product of a GBS thread circa 2008 (?) by former admin Livestock called something like, “If you post ITT I will change your username to something you will not like.” I can’t complain about getting exactly the result that was promised.

2-bits
Jun 20, 2006

He's the chief He's the king, but above everything He's the most tip top - Top Cat!

I mean, that's all very obvious now.

Mostly I was worried that I would get dunked on for being unfunny, but again, it's just goons.

Aginor
Aug 1, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I used to hardly ever post because Lowtax's threads and a lot of the old mods would infuriate me with their actions to the point it was better not too.

The Furious Pirate
Oct 10, 2005
ARGH MATEY!
I post now more than ever before because the forums are dying, Lowtax is a gently caress, and I don't give a poo poo anymore. I mean I love y'all good goons but gently caress abusers and the mods who knew but didn't say poo poo.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Felt like lurking, might post later

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Well. I posted in fyad a lot from 03-07 or so. Then I fell off the world for about 6 years. Now I'm content to read funny things and giggle to myself now and again.

Bongo432
May 6, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why'd you feel anxious posting in front of some loving goons?! It's not like they're real people

Anxiety is garbage and makes you paranoid about the dumbest poo poo.

I also really hate my name but am too lazy to change it.

Oh, and, gently caress LOWTAX!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It was prophesied that the end times shall be signaled by countless lurkers coming out to post.

But it appears the prophecy may have been misread.

Team Beagle
Apr 29, 2009
Even now while this forum is in chaos I've started writing half a dozen replies and deleted them without submitting because I wasn't happy with them, nothing of value was lost

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

I've posted more in the last 2 days than I have the whole time I've been here.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Good morning lurkers!!!!!

:love:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Team Beagle posted:

Even now while this forum is in chaos I've started writing half a dozen replies and deleted them without submitting because I wasn't happy with them, nothing of value was lost

Believe it or not I don't post stuff far more than I do despite being a chatterbox, yea

Deepfried
Sep 20, 2001

I'm old and unfunny

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
I paid 10 bux 20 years ago so I didn't have to read the rest of the internet. It makes you stupid, you see.

specialmias
Sep 1, 2006
I need a good one
I forgot SA existed until today when other parts of the internet brought me here.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Good morning, Lurkers. Have you had your daily post today???

Unone
Nov 29, 2005
I was shown this place by my old dealer, my how things have changed.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Unone posted:

I was shown this place by my old dealer, my how things have changed.

As in, you're the dealer now???

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Well... Deal with it :frogc00l:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Makeout Patrol posted:

i was called out in a helldump "call out the lurkers" thread and i have never felt safe since

If you posted more you wouldn't be called out for lurking.

Makes you think (but obviously not post).

Unone
Nov 29, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

As in, you're the dealer now???

I wish i dont have that kind of business acumen

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Unone posted:

I wish i dont have that kind of business acumen

Etsy?

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Deepfried posted:

I'm old and unfunny

Quoting this so you feel the surge of endorphins and dopamine at seeing the sweet, sweet yellow box (or purple words if you're on the app).

It gives you posting energy.

Unone
Nov 29, 2005

I should of said any business acumen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fooziex
Nov 4, 2000

I met a lot of people on here back about 15 years ago, and keep in touch with them. A lot of them are still regular users, and as it turns out my sister still reads this site as well. I just log in occasionally to check my reg date like homeboy earlier said. Love y'all (except for the shits).