Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i dont think burt really has any blame for whats going on here frankly and ive never seen him say or do anything supportive of beating people

every single one of you that accuses him of raping his daughters or whatever grim poo poo, for no reason, adds nothing but more doubt when goons accuse people of, idk, beating their wives, etc.

yall make it pretty easy to assume that goons that say loving anything are just petulant idiots crying wolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Statutory Ape posted:

every single one of you that accuses him of raping his daughters or whatever grim poo poo, for no reason, adds nothing but more doubt when goons accuse people of, idk, beating their wives, etc.

This is fukkn shameful behaviour.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 26, 2020

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A terrible thread by terrible people about bullshit.

Fine work. poo poo, we got, let's see here, forums drama, offsite chat logs (always so classy), some more he-said-she-said about whatever.

Boy this is just awesome. You guys are really all charming adults here sometimes. Just fuckin normal rear end regular people acting properly all the goddamn time.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Hey, you know why most of us didn't know about Lowtax being an abusive piece of poo poo?

Because of people getting banned and told to shut the gently caress up about Lowtax being an abusive piece of poo poo.

This is loving bad.

Some people are posting stuff like this:

[link removed by me, keeping this to the subject at hand]

What I'm asking is for Burt to stop being a coward since he has no reason to fear Lowtax, it's not like he's getting paid to tell people to shut up about abuse.
He was doing it for free. Now it stops. A simple "I'm sorry, I was wrong and you know what wifebeating bad" would be nice.

gently caress off Burf.

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 26, 2020

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

hey, whatever you need to tell yourself to justify having some guy get falsely accused of literally raping his family.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009
lovely rear end boat too

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Statutory Ape posted:

hey, whatever you need to tell yourself to justify having some guy get falsely accused of literally raping his family.

Bronze Fonz posted:

A simple "I'm sorry, I was wrong and you know what wifebeating bad" would be nice.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Statutory Ape posted:

i dont think burt really has any blame for whats going on here frankly and ive never seen him say or do anything supportive of beating people

yall make it pretty easy to assume that goons that say loving anything are just petulant idiots crying wolf

yeah, unless I've missed some context here, a mea culpa and rescinding any punishments against people bringing up issues in good faith is fine

I don't think mods are somehow complicit in wifebeating for telling people in the first instance to stop talking about lowtax's personal life when it's on a forum which has had countless weirdos since day one who thought harassing lowtax and his family to mine for drama was a hilarious way to get internet cred

of course, if they're still pushing that, then gently caress em

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bronze Fonz posted:

Some people are posting stuff like this:

Don't repost some psycho's allegations as though it's something even approaching legitimate. Someone posted a link to the album later and there's absolutely nothing to it. If you want to baselessly accuse someone of being a pedo have the balls to do it in your own words.

I don't think Burt should be a mod but being a bad mod isn't justification to have psychos try to ruin his life. Get some perspective.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 26, 2020

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Spinz posted:

Really
You accuse Burt of pedophilia
Smh

Weirdo

it is kind of the gbs mod standard though

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

your thread is bad and its got multiple people lying about teenagers being raped

keep quoting things to show that youre ok with that tho

because, obviously, you're demanding justice here. haha

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
this like getting your age old parents to realise their cynical jaded views makes them sound racist/sexist/bigoted

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Statutory Ape posted:

your thread is bad and its got multiple people lying about teenagers being raped

keep quoting things to show that youre ok with that tho

because, obviously, you're demanding justice here. haha

I removed the link. You're right. I was wrong.

Wifebeating bad.

e: I mean you had time to do your usual bs of "hey let's not talk politics in a thread about nationwide unrest" (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3924960&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=611#post506035587) last night but let's just hope this poo poo goes away?

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 26, 2020

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I like how all the "name brand" posters defend management

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

A terrible thread by terrible people about bullshit.

Fine work. poo poo, we got, let's see here, forums drama, offsite chat logs (always so classy), some more he-said-she-said about whatever.

Boy this is just awesome. You guys are really all charming adults here sometimes. Just fuckin normal rear end regular people acting properly all the goddamn time.

thank u we try

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

500excf type r posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3832769&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post476004054

its not so much that i care about management, so much as im extremely dubious about "GETTING ANSWERS" in a public call out thread where somebody is being falsely accused of heinous crimes against nature :)

also its funny how, idk, certain posters that have grudges against mods tend to post shittily lmao

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bronze Fonz posted:

A simple "I'm sorry, I was wrong and you know what wifebeating bad" would be nice.

It's the principle of the thing, you see. If they do this for you, then people will think they're some flippy-floppy pancake about the real important issues.

Nope. it's all just too much of a slippery slope.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

500excf type r posted:

Two decades of mods being pedophiles, groomers, serial abusers, sexpests, illustrations of violent fantasies against women, and the subsequent cover-ups of all of these actions. And yet there are still forum users bootlicking and giving mods the benefit of the doubt. It's disgusting. The cycle of abuse is just going to keep on going because people want to continue to believe that this place and its mods can be redeemed, when it has been a hunting ground for predatory staff members and most people were none the wiser.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I hope burt keeps ignoring this thread lol.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Entorwellian posted:

Two decades of mods being pedophiles, groomers, serial abusers, sexpests, illustrations of violent fantasies against women, and the subsequent cover-ups of all of these actions. And yet there are still forum users bootlicking and giving mods the benefit of the doubt. It's disgusting. The cycle of abuse is just going to keep on going because people want to continue to believe that this place and its mods can be redeemed, when it has been a hunting ground for predatory staff members and most people were none the wiser.

why are you still here if you think this place is run by "pedophiles, groomers, serial abusers, sexpests,"

is this literally the only place that you feel comfortable? fuckin weird

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
G'morning burt

Bronze Fonz posted:

loving say it.

Abusing women is bad. Lowtax is a piece of poo poo for being a wifebeater.

Something along those lines.

I'm sure you can.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Grevling posted:

I hope burt keeps ignoring this thread lol.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Statutory Ape posted:

why are you still here if you think this place is run by "pedophiles, groomers, serial abusers, sexpests,"

we should improve the forums somewhat

The Furious Pirate
Oct 10, 2005
ARGH MATEY!
hey Burt you're about as spineless as Lowtax

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

500excf type r posted:

I think he should demod as that's the only honourable path.

I think users accusing him of being a pedo should be banned, cos he isn't, and they remain toxic arseholes to this day.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jun 26, 2020

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
gently caress you Burt

You did an absolutely awful thing and instead of trying the bare minimum to make amends you've acted like a smug piece of poo poo the whole time. These forums are better off without you in any position of power

drunkenmonkeystyle
Jan 16, 2020

Gonk!!

It feels like this thread's entire intention is in bad faith.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Jeff Fatwood posted:

we should improve the forums somewhat

Has anybody mentioned that you are participating in these forums at this very moment?

Checkmate. :smug:

The Furious Pirate
Oct 10, 2005
ARGH MATEY!

CharlestonJew posted:

gently caress you Burt

You did an absolutely awful thing and instead of trying the bare minimum to make amends you've acted like a smug piece of poo poo the whole time. These forums are better off without you in any position of power

this but burn the whole thing down

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Bronze Fonz posted:

loving say it.

Abusing women is bad. Lowtax is a piece of poo poo for being a wifebeater.

Something along those lines.

I'm sure you can.

I asked him to do this in a pm (just state clearly whether he intended to keep modding if lowtax stayed and, if so, whether he
Intended to probe people for discussing the newest round of allegations too) and his reply was literally "who are you again?".
Coward then probated me for six hours until the ban he tried to queue for me fell through

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

drunkenmonkeystyle posted:

It feels like this thread's entire intention is in bad faith.

Change your name to burt then you little coward

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Entorwellian posted:

Burt is, uh, like the most normal dude if you're ever actually interacted with him, so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. There is no grand conspiracy where he's been shilling for Lowtax's woman puncher rear end in a top hat for the better part of a year or whatever you imagine this to be.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 26, 2020

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Burt is, uh, like the most normal dude if you're ever actually interacted with him, so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. There is no grand conspiracy where he's been shilling for Lowtax's woman puncher rear end in a top hat for the better part of a year or whatever you imagine this to be.

Protip most normal middle manager dudes are exactly as sad, spineless and hungry for any modicum of power as burt, if given the opportunity

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Statutory Ape posted:

Nice username/post combo.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i think burt should maybe stepdown over the lowtax stuff. i don't blame him for what happened as i believed lowtax too but it's hard to not be tainted by that stuff.

all this insane kiwifarm conspiracy stuff is real lame and insane though.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I genuinely don't give a poo poo about Burt at all, but if he defended lowtax in the past, I don't see why it's so hard to just say you hosed up and that you're sorry.

drunkenmonkeystyle
Jan 16, 2020

Gonk!!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Coward? How would me changing my name to burt prove that I'm a coward?

fauisuseless
Jun 24, 2020

RESPECT WOMEN!

pnumoman posted:

I genuinely don't give a poo poo about Burt at all, but if he defended lowtax in the past, I don't see why it's so hard to just say you hosed up and that you're sorry.

It's pretty hard to make an honest apology when you think you did nothing wrong by aiding a wife beater

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

drunkenmonkeystyle posted:

Coward? How would me changing my name to burt prove that I'm a coward?

Hooooooohboy youre so god drat lucky your name isn't burt or I'd come down there and piss in your cornflakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean?