Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I forget if they mention this, but how old is Aqua and Ruby's half brother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

El Burbo posted:

There’s so many death flags stacked up in those last few pages it’s gotta be a reversal right? Right??? She literally did the “When this is all over” thing!

I can only think of one character who dodged this many death flags in a non-comedic context off the top of my head, but one example is sufficient for precedent.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mraagvpeine posted:

I forget if they mention this, but how old is Aqua and Ruby's half brother?

20. It's said in the very first page of this chapter.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This feels almost too direct to not be a fakeout

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It’s just Kana in a raincoat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the way the shadow falls on the guy's face definitely makes it look like aqua's haircut. who knows, though.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

20. It's said in the very first page of this chapter.

I misread that page, I thought that was the age of the brother's mother at the time. Oh geez, how old was the mother then?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is 99% a fakeout, my guess is that Akane baited out the killer and hid her own knife in the flowers :getin:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

This is 99% a fakeout, my guess is that Akane baited out the killer and hid her own knife in the flowers :getin:

hell yeah

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Super Jay Mann posted:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I misread that page, I thought that was the age of the brother's mother at the time. Oh geez, how old was the mother then?

She would have had to have been married at the time to avoid looking suspicious to her husband, so probably in her twenties at least. Or maybe she was 18 and had a shotgun wedding with the man who wasn't the father of her child.

Why is Akane so suspicious of this Hikaru, anyway? It feels like the name came out of no where and she just jumped on it.

It was never really dwelt on, but what possible motive could Aqua's father have in arranging for Ai's death? I can understand the fan's motive ("you betrayed us!") even if it is disgusting, but why would the father want her dead? I feel like the assumption that "it was Aqua's father" hasn't been questioned much since Aqua made that connection. But the details of Ai's living situation could have easily been leaked by accident.

Why can't these people just have an honest conversation with each other? Poor Communication Kills

Nebrilos fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 13, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It is weird that they aren't questioning it, but one possible motivation would be to protect his own reputation by tying up loose ends. That said, I think it's pretty likely that this suspect is a red herring.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Oct 13, 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nebrilos posted:

Why is Akane so suspicious of this Hikaru, anyway? It feels like the name came out of no where and she just jumped on it.

Isn't she initially suspicious because he looks almost exactly like Aqua. And has Ai's acting style, which implies he taught it to Ai.

quote:

Why can't these people just have an honest conversation with each other? Poor Communication Kills

I mean poo poo's hard to communicate.

Akane specifically doesn't want Aqua to know (yet) because she knows that if he realizes his dad is alive, he'll go back to his obsessed state, and she wants to be sure before she tells him.

Aqua probably doesn't want to tell anyone about his past lives because it sounds fuckin' crazy. Also right now he's at a crossroads and pretty much desperate for anyone to just tell him what to do which is probably not a good mental state to be in for a proper conversation.

Ruby is, uh, well, she's not the Ruby we knew.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh yeah that makes sense especially as she is obviously wrong about who the killer is. She'll kill the wrong guy and go crazy probably

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Have we considered that she's right and we're just dealing with a Damien situation? This series is practically built on kids with bad vibes, and whose vibes are worse than the prince of darkness?

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

Have we considered that she's right and we're just dealing with a Damien situation? This series is practically built on kids with bad vibes, and whose vibes are worse than the prince of darkness?

My prediction is The woman with the long hair on the bridge is Hikaru and Akane is actually the hooded figure sneaking up behind them. They have the same hair color, which is how the trick works.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Promo art work for upcoming magazine to celebrate vol 9 apparently according to reddit

doomisland fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 17, 2022

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

doomisland posted:

Promo art work for upcoming magazine to celebrate vol 9 apparently according to reddit

lol.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
can't wait to find out that bad dad is actually the reincarnation of some other fucker who had past life blood vendetta against ai who was the the reincarnation of someone else entirely, let's say, oda nobunaga maybe

copy
Jul 26, 2007

man poo poo keeps fuckin escalating good god

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
New chapter up.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1014442

Good call by some folks, but also I don't know that I saw this happening either.

e:

copy posted:

man poo poo keeps fuckin escalating good god

:emptyquote:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Maybe I am in the wrong mood to be reading this or whatever, but something about the dialog felt very flat to me. Like it's supposed to be a raw, emotional scene (I think?), but it just didn't come across that way at all to me. Like it was more concerned with moving pieces around on the board or something, I dunno.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

Maybe I am in the wrong mood to be reading this or whatever, but something about the dialog felt very flat to me. Like it's supposed to be a raw, emotional scene (I think?), but it just didn't come across that way at all to me. Like it was more concerned with moving pieces around on the board or something, I dunno.

the tl is a bit stiff in spots. 'i thought i had an equal relationship with you'

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Knife Akane

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

At this point I'm just waiting for Ruby to reveal she bugged Aqua and was following him.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Could double star Ruby/Aqua beat Sasuke and Itachi?

Nice that I called Akane hiding a knife in the flowers :smug:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol akane's plan just this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SQDabg-CeM

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Welp, now that that's happened, there's finally space for the true OTP Ruby x Akane

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Clarste posted:

Yeah I'm finding the official translation a lot now unnatural than the fansubs, which given how ridiculous the story is doesn't real help with its accessibility.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

Could double star Ruby/Aqua beat Sasuke and Itachi?

Nice that I called Akane hiding a knife in the flowers :smug:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Why do I have a bad feeling about this

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xelkelvos posted:

If at this point you can have a good feeling about anything that happens in this manga, you're a more optimistic person than me. These poor teenagers' lives are just constant suffering at this point.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Well now this will feel like a bill of goods when he doesn't use drinking.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xelkelvos posted:

She's making business connections and possibly finding work, I'm happy for her.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/akasaka_aka/status/1587986787569651712

quote:

Notes from the letter:

Weekly serialization was stressful & made Aka realize their shortcomings as a manga artist
Aka has decided to stop drawing manga, but will focus on writing stories & work with manga artists
Aka had many fun memories with the manga though
Thanking fans for 7 years of support
There are more leftover Kaguya-sama stories to tell
Thank you message to G3ida (We Want To Talk About Kaguya author)
Kaguya-sama: Love is War is complete

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

So this one (written by him drawn by someone else) will keep going?

I'm glad he's able to set boundaries and find comfort, the manga industry kills.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
New Chapter

:ohdear: Kana

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The pain train never stop.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Weeeeeeelp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Well, this promises to be a fun and wholesome arc where we learn more about the inherent goodness and human decency of the entertainment industry.