Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nebrilos posted:

What proof could Aqua have offered that he was AI’s son?

He showed him his eyes. How many people do you know with star-shaped pupils?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Pull up, Aqua, pull up!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
This week's chapter.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015476

Chainsaw Man trending at #3 during all of this is a fun little touch that I really enjoy in this very serious arc.

Supremezero posted:

Pull up, Ruby, pull up!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

EVERYTHING IS DIEJOUBU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Totally reasonable reaction from Ruby tbh

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
the thread title is really hitting differently now

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Super Jay Mann posted:

A therapist would have a field day. E: agreed end edit
Since I'm not one, is it valid to think after both recent debacles, Aqua is subconsciously pushing away and hurting all people close to him because he's scared shitless of a repeat performance by dad?
Probably not since this debacle was to save a friend but nonetheless one wonders.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Super Jay Mann posted:

counterpoint: Aqua is entirely correct that Ai's reaction would be "lol ok!"

but of course it's still not his secret exclusively

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think ai would be fine with the secret getting out, but shed probably feel weird about her kids having to market themselves around it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Kana is suffering.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1015585

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Kana is at least 50% responsible for her suffering

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Classic Kana

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Goddammit girl get it together.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
To be fair Aqua loving sucks so this is a good thing.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kana stop playing yourself.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kana Maki'd that to perfection.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Omobono posted:

Goddammit girl get it together.

Eh. I've seen much worse recently.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wait I didn’t realize they broke up.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
aww man, why are you so perfect Kana.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait I didn’t realize they broke up.
I think this is the first the audience has heard of it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
It was very very heavily implied 'yea we're breaking up' when she caught him with the listening device and the fallout though.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Sindai posted:

I think this is the first the audience has heard of it.

10 chapters ago he told her he wouldn't have anything to do with her anymore.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
He literally dumped her on screen (on panel?) after finding the knife in her bouquet of flowers.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
For some reason I remembered "I broke up with her already" as "I broke up with her yesterday" and got very confused.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not sure if it was discussed, but what was Akane planning on doing with that knife? That guy everyone suspects is Aqua's father knows who Aqua is, knows who Akane is, knows that they are dating, and if Akane visited him, could easily guess that Akane suspects he was Aqua's father. Being an adult man, he is stronger than her and, given everything, is unlikely to be taken by surprise. Did she really think she could stab him to death? If not, why bring the knife? It only increases the danger level. It seems like a really rash action to visit him at all, which is out of character for Akane.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Love, much like the internet, makes you stupid. She probably didn't think that far ahead.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

oh, yeah we're in the endgame now.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
So it's Aqua's plan to get the guy to kill himself or something? Really interested it what needs so much time and preparation.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Pretty obvious, but I checked to make sure. It's the same movie from the intro.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Handy mangaplus link here.

SpacePig posted:

So it's Aqua's plan to get the guy to kill himself or something? Really interested it what needs so much time and preparation.
Bio father is in the business, right? Or at least that's what Aqua thinks.
Somehow reveal he's behind Ai's death with a decent amount of evidence and his life is over.

Metaphorically at first but some madman will have a decent shot at finding where he lives

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Wow just given the same treatment. Hope we don't get some cruel twist like Aqua you got the wrong person

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Huh.

I always wondered why Aqua was talking so openly about revenge in the flash-forward. I guess he's going mask off at this point

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Um

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
New chapter is up Tuesday instead of Wednesday, and...

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Good lord

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Okay I'm convinced Get his rear end Aqua

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Cheering for the twins revenge now instead of their recovery. Although honestly I don't really like that twist.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Yeah, to be honest, the dad being a serial killer is a lot lamer than him being innocent, or him just having killed Ai to protect his own career.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

considering the star eyes thing the actress had going on, its possible theres something more interesting than just 'Killer Man.' at the very least it seems like his deal is targeting actresses and idols with star potential and such, which could at least loop into the series' commentary on the entertainment industry - him as a metaphor for what the industry does to a lot of young women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Endorph posted:

considering the star eyes thing the actress had going on, its possible theres something more interesting than just 'Killer Man.' at the very least it seems like his deal is targeting actresses and idols with star potential and such, which could at least loop into the series' commentary on the entertainment industry - him as a metaphor for what the industry does to a lot of young women.

Well she wanted to be remembered even a century later. Now she'll be remembered forever as a talented actress who died tragically in her prime.