Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm not fond of custom stylesheets, but I've only ever seen them as insanely garish obnoxious LOLMONKEYCHEESE ones, so maybe an anime tractor would be good. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Indiana_Krom posted:

How about instead of an anime tractor, make the background automatically pull a new image from This Waifu Does Not Exist every time you load the page.
I'm willing to compromise, if you can find a neural network that generates tractors

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

voting yea

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

homeless snail posted:

I'm willing to compromise, if you can find a neural network that generates tractors

how about trains

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Anime, Done The Right Way!

That's... actually great.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Coxswain Balls posted:

Anime, Done The Right Way!
Wasn't this the old name of the subforum?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Making acronyms is fun but frankly I really would rather not have a name that refers back to Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse. There’s some things you just kind of can’t whitewash by saying it stands for something different now!

The name should be Animated Nuisances In Media, Exciting! or some such. That way you nerds can talk about what the acronym stands for without having “but really it stands for something deplorable” in the back of everybody’s minds

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
You could just, y'know.... not bring it up or hint at it, and the problem solves itself.

If people keep bringing it up, of course it's unsavory. But it's been like a decade, let it finally rest.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
More recent regs probably don't even know the old name.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
This forum has always been called Animated Drawings To Replace Women.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

just give ADTRW the old FYAD background imo

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yay tractor!

also:

Namtab posted:

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Stylesheet where our text is in speechbubbles and the avatars are on the right

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

how about trains

motherfucking tetsudou-musume stylessheet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Stylesheet where our text is in speechbubbles and the avatars are on the right

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Captain Cappy posted:

Why haven't the mods renamed ADTRW yet?

Seriously.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Namtab posted:

this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Namtab posted:

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Namtab posted:

agreed

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

only if the avatars are also horizontally flipped

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Namtab posted:

Can avatars be flipped to look left instead of right?

It may create a situation where, in your case Namtab, the av looks left and the repeating custom title looks right. Can't mess with the custom title images because of gang tags.

Wark Say posted:

Official name? Nah. But I knew about that back in 2003 when I had an ADTRW license plate at the GoonCon in Toronto.

Anime Done The Right Way was the "Not Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse" version of the name when Studio ADTRW was doing scanlations way way way back when.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jun 28, 2020

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
tractor yes

nice

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wark Say posted:

There's been a half dozen or so, yeah.

The other ones I remember are like...

Animated Drawings To Replace Women
Aesthete Daimyo's Treasured Rare Wares
Anime Dabbler? Tantalizing Recommendations Within!
Animated Drawings To Replace Women
Anime Done The Right Way

I think there's been a couple of others along with the original, but I don't recall.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
VEGETA!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Frankly it’s an outrage that this subforum isn’t still called VEGETA

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We won't be changing the name

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Let's concentrate on the stylesheet/background.

And while tractors are perfectly fine...

What about some fine construction machinery?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Is that saber? If so then yes

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

While we're at it, I request that the list of subforums be alphabetized so that ADTRW is on top, purely for my own convenience.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wark Say posted:

Let's concentrate on the stylesheet/background.

And while tractors are perfectly fine...

What about some fine construction machinery?

no non japanese art

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DrSunshine posted:

While we're at it, I request that the list of subforums be alphabetized so that ADTRW is on top, purely for my own convenience.
That'd be convenient as heck.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The appeal of the anime tractor is its cozy simplicity. Anything with a detailed face or machinery is verboten

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DrSunshine posted:

Or be listed by forumid which puts ADTRW (27) right behind SH/SC (22) as the second oldest forum. GBS used to be forumid 1 but it was changed for GBS 2.0 and blah blah blah I forget that era of the forums.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Wark Say posted:

That'd be convenient as heck.

If you think about it, as a rational utilitarian maximizer, the positive net utility from the very slight amount of time minimized summed up across all users' clicks such a change might be the greatest good a single tiny change might have ever done to the forums.

What I am saying is let's turn towards Omelas.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 28, 2020

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Namtab posted:

We won't be changing the name

We should be.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Animated Depictions of Tractor-Riding Women

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

McTimmy posted:

More recent regs probably don't even know the old name.

this is my take. Although I wouldn't be opposed to changing the acronym, it won't have the pervasive recognition that it does now, unless the acronym is literally ANIME.

It doesn't really sound like people want to change the acronym, either.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i've no particular love for the ADTRW acronym/backronym, but any attempt to change it is gonna be pointless anyway when most people will continue to think of and refer to it as ADTRW anyway

what i have love for however is the anime tractor

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I believe the consensus of the last thread was it should be changed to The Sea of Porcupines. You don't need to go look you can just take my word for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

perhaps a dropdown menu featuring a tractor representing a variety of genres?

standard anime tractor:

fightman tractor:

mech fan tractor:

dogsicle tractor: