Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I wonder if it's odd that I feel a little bad for the Big and Will be Bad Wolf based on the final paragraph. It's undoubtably a monster, but it implies that it was punished before it did evil for being a wolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TeeQueue posted:

I am absolutely talking about a Yu-Gi-Oh character, but also I am talking about the best Yu-Gi-Oh character by a factor of approximately Chazzfinity.

Also the answer right now is 'I don't know yet.' Like, objectively speaking the entire thing is up in the air and I'm only starting to work on conceptualizing what a LoR run would even look like, given that it's such a different game than Lobcorp on a conceptual level.

Chazz it up, as an Agent York and Zach kind of thing, so he’s basically a spirit guide who the main character talks to regularly.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Chazz it up, as an Agent York and Zach kind of thing, so he’s basically a spirit guide who the main character talks to regularly.

As hilarious as it would be for Roland to be possessed by THE CHAZZ, that wasn't quite what I had in mind. It'd be more like...

Chazzing in a Manner Inverse to Gravity posted:

Listen up you librarian losers, The Chazz has taken time out of his busy schedule to tell all of you jibronis about the ins and outs of card games. Whenever you see this beautiful face, stop. Give it a read.

Then another, because it blew your mind the first time.

He's an entirely OOC concept for the purposes of explaining card game stuff to the audience. :v:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I don't know who he is but he's beautiful and I love him :allears:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It is a shame you cannot pre-rate threads before they exist :five:

Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012
Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, do this.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's beautiful. :allears:

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
This is going to be fantastic. I can't wait.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

I mean, given all the poo poo that happens to people playing it, I'm pretty sure Yu-Gi-Oh would qualify as a Urban Legend at least, so having it be in-universe text would make perfect sense to me.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

TeeQueue posted:

The key with -20 is being able to blitz its HP bar down in forms 1 or 2. You'll want to have your full facility deathball standing *right nearby* ready to go.

Mission complete. I had the deathball ready, but kept everyone with Red resistance below 0.5 in the room outside -20's hallway because on earlier attempts some of them were getting hit and dying to its attack. Once form 2 started I was free to wail on it with everybody, of course. -109 and -75 were cakewalks because I kept things on my terms and not theirs.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1307876693948862465

e:
https://twitter.com/1987_YM71D/status/1308058436970577921

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 22, 2020

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Apocalypse Bird defeated! I had an entire 7 survivors (I did not handle the meltdowns very well, and cleanup went terribly). Still, that’s some nifty EGOs that I can’t actually use.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

This got nerfed pretty hard

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
By the way, anybody have any tips for (LoR Urban Plague) Dawn Office? I've beaten the other three fights but with this one I've only been able to alpha strike down Salvador before getting overrun by the other two

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
The new attribution thing has shaken up the meta such that its hard to give solid advice, but...

Olga.

Olga is a busted busted page, give her 3 copies of the discard entire hand, 3 copies of gamble and 3 copies of Wait up! or whatever that light card was that gives +1 light, then ditch your hand and start going ham every turn after that. Outside of that, a defensive-based walter card to intercept enemy attacks is nice too, and remember that you can attribute characters with Pierre's instant cooking in order to regain 20% HP on kills. Which is wonderful.

Beyond that, you generally want to focus Phillip down first, then the second lady, and the salvador guy last. Phillip's passives make him nasty if he gets to late stages, so you gotta prioritize him right off. Good luck!

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

The new attribution thing has shaken up the meta such that its hard to give solid advice, but...

Olga.

Olga is a busted busted page, give her 3 copies of the discard entire hand, 3 copies of gamble and 3 copies of Wait up! or whatever that light card was that gives +1 light, then ditch your hand and start going ham every turn after that. Outside of that, a defensive-based walter card to intercept enemy attacks is nice too, and remember that you can attribute characters with Pierre's instant cooking in order to regain 20% HP on kills. Which is wonderful.

Beyond that, you generally want to focus Phillip down first, then the second lady, and the salvador guy last. Phillip's passives make him nasty if he gets to late stages, so you gotta prioritize him right off. Good luck!

...Okay yeah I've definitely been using Olga wrong, holy crap. I had 3 Art of Dodging instead of 3 Gamble and switching over made all the difference. The gambles ramp up the damage so much

That got me through, thanks!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You'll probably want to do the two fights in the top left before the two fights in the top right in Urban Plague too

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
"Library Of Ruina will be on a 20% sale for 6 days, starting 10 PM on September 25th, KST (UTC +9).

The base price of Library of Ruina will be raised to 29.99$ in November."

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1256670/view/2813018322419948000

Also apparently they're taking a break and no updates for the entirety of October

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 24, 2020

Rinoka
Sep 15, 2012

Is this hope...?
...No! That's wrong!
Y'know, I've been looking over some of the meta for LoR.

I've been seeing people saying Bleed is a low-tier status effect. Would you guys agree with that? I've used it to clutch out multiple encounters, so I'm really curious why it's being looked down on.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Rinoka posted:

Y'know, I've been looking over some of the meta for LoR.

I've been seeing people saying Bleed is a low-tier status effect. Would you guys agree with that? I've used it to clutch out multiple encounters, so I'm really curious why it's being looked down on.

I have no idea. Everyone in the meta talking groups I’m in universally agrees it’s better than burn and hilarious for burning fights down quickly, especially things with multiple dice throwing out multi-attack cards en masse.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

bleed's numbers are just falling behind because like most other archetypes it hasn't gotten new cards in a while. it still completely melts bosses who throw out a ton of red dice every turn.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
I just won the Hod realization fight while tossing something ridiculous like 65 stacks of bleed without using the Sanguine Desire EDIT: Obsession EGO page, I now get why people complain that bleed is ridiculously powerful.

Possibly it's less useful when fighting multiple enemies that mostly toss around defensive dice.

(Also the combination of Gin and Yang's passives makes every slash card a bleed card).

SITB fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 25, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Well, this is just great...

I just bought Lobotomy Corp and it literally just crashes on startup every time. Verifying files does nothing.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Google isn't helping. I don't want to immediately have to refund this.

Edit: I might have found something... Apparently it's caused by Citrix Workspace, which causes certain games to crash on startup.

Except I can't uninstall that, cuz I kind of need it to... y'know, work.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 25, 2020

Rinoka
Sep 15, 2012

Is this hope...?
...No! That's wrong!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Edit: I might have found something... Apparently it's caused by Citrix Workspace, which causes certain games to crash on startup.

Except I can't uninstall that, cuz I kind of need it to... y'know, *work*.

Couldn't you just close the Workspace program while you play? Or are we talking about some sneaky corporation business. :v:

It's kinda wacky if it seriously causes startup crashes just because the system is installed, though.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Rinoka posted:

Couldn't you just close the Workspace program while you play? Or are we talking about some sneaky corporation business. :v:

It's kinda wacky if it seriously causes startup crashes just because the system is installed, though.

I did try that. It's not showing up in my task manager and everything.

Yet it's still crashing the second I click on the play button.

:negative:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

you could try the 2nd solution here, if you're able to

https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019138814-Citrix-Workspace-and-Unity-games

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Just finished a Violet Midnight with seven agents dead. Definitely gonna do either a full reset or go back to checkpoint after this. The deciding factor is whether or not Zayin or Teth abnormalities will spawn from Day 37 onward. I only have two Zayin and one Teth left to research (though one of said Zayin is Plague Doctor so the rules might apply differently to it), and I want to do that before getting to the end of the game.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Wonderlab has revealed what the fourth magical girl looks like when breaching. Sadly, it's not nearly as cool as I had hoped.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I like the theme though, of Justice turning into Wrath, and making the whole Justice is blind thing kind of meaningful. Because she's no longer blind but sees everyone as monsters in need of punishment.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Welp. Apparently it WASN'T this.

And I'm not running out of memory either as it says 19% of my memory is used.

Just going to have to refund this. Oh well.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Ugh, that's unfortunate. :(

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Chesed's suppression has me a bit puzzled. If, say, -89 melts down when everyone's weak to Black damage, is there anything I can do other than ignore it and prepare to suppress it when it comes out, push the facility into another meltdown and hope the damage types shuffle, or sacrifice an agent?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Solitair posted:

Chesed's suppression has me a bit puzzled. If, say, -89 melts down when everyone's weak to Black damage, is there anything I can do other than ignore it and prepare to suppress it when it comes out, push the facility into another meltdown and hope the damage types shuffle, or sacrifice an agent?

Portrait + lots of Black Bullets is an option, or possibly someone with its weapon, and maybe the Smile armor if you have that.

There's also always backwards clock if you have that.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TeeQueue posted:

Portrait + lots of Black Bullets is an option, or possibly someone with its weapon, and maybe the Smile armor if you have that.

There's also always backwards clock if you have that.

I was already using someone with the Smile armor to work -89, but I could give Portrait a shot. Does the special ability of -89's weapon trigger in the containment unit?

Worst case scenario, I can just do Gebura's suppression and get a full reset, giving me better picks to work with in Welfare and Extraction.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It does indeed trigger even in a containment cell-so it blunts both the damage you'd take AND the initial fear damage it deals.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

-89's weapon combined with the Smile suit worked like a charm. On to Gebura.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Is it ever specified exactly what the relationship between X and A is?It feels like the game pretty heavily implies X is a copy/clone or whatever it is Hokma does to recycle the employees, but he also has some implied backstory from early on, and it's hard to imagine A at basically any point in his chronology not having a severe reaction at encountering Angela. Then again, it's not entirely clear how much sense of chronology or continuity the resurrected employees have anyways- even if we assume they're kept in the facility 24/7, which employee chatter and Wonderlab imply isn't the case, you'd think at some point discrepancies like what year it is would come up, but there's no evidence any of the agents ever see anything wrong with the situation.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I guess I spoiler this for major plot stuff. X is a mindwiped (and probably physically reconstituted) A who has been consistently mindwiping and/or restoring himself a whole lot of times for the purposes of achieving enlightenment and creating a pillar of light to restore hope to humanity. Most of the questions about his early days don't actually have anything to do with his actual early days and seem to be there to get the player to identify with X.

At least that's my take on it.

As for the employees of X-394 specifically... they have it different from every other lobcorp branch because of the shenanigans A is running there. The employees there don't leave, and haven't for the 10 years they've been down there.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Spoiler for semi recent update In Library of Ruina Urban Nightmare The track for the boss battle w/ Crying Children is amazing. It's haunting and emotional and probably the best track in an already jaw dropping OST. Phillip's story is heart breaking and I hope against hope he finds peace. or a happy ending, but thats really unlikely.

Also, the warp train segment is one of the scariest things I've ever seen/read and plays off some of my deepest fears, so A+ for PM's writing staff making me viscerally frightened at a video game. That existential dread is... disturbing.

As a horror fan, I'm so happy to have run across the LobCorp thread, and gotten into the franchise. Thanks TeeQue!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Spoilers for Trains in Library of Ruina (Urban Nightmare) I actually didn't start Urban Nightmare, just have been vaguely following updates and summaries, and I didn't do WARP clean up crew, and I was already disturbed by Love Town, but the reveal that harvesting time from passengers who've gone insane for thousands of years is business as usual is probably the most :stare: reaction I've had in a video game. If/when TeeQueue gets to it a LoR LP, I can't wait to see people's reactions to that revelation after Love Town probably already disturbed you