Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
I think the new sanity system wasn't bad so much as perhaps a little too strict with the SP it provided. It made E.G.O. less worthwhile, too, considering even Legerdemain would completely waste a won clash with it.

I think there's a middle ground that can, and probably should, be reached for, especially as it made Grippy Sinclair crazy good and probably would have made future negative coin IDs a bit broken.

Probe 17 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh lord is the singularity of K corp the loving Luminous Bracelet

the most evil of technology

e: finished the story so far. rip Mini Hod we barely knew ye

also Faust please get Dante a text-to-speech so that weirdos stop monologuing at them

I kinda get where the complaints on the new Sanity system came from now, some of the new story fights are brutal and would probably be way rougher if you got nothing from clashes

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 1, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Tricky posted:

I think the middle ground they proposed before the hotfix looked pretty good, but there's clearly a ton of pushback even to that if they're dropping 1300 compensation sanity and a hotfix.

To be fair, "we're never touching this again" and "we'd rather have people use the too-generous system over the not-generous-enough system until we figure out a better alternative" are identical until they actually start poking at Sanity again. I still think we're going to get something close to that middle ground at some point, but for now all we know is that they're generous.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I liked the new system, it rewarded a slower and more deliberate style of play where managing sanity was an actual thing. I think it's a much cooler style of play that can make just slamming the win clash button suboptimal and that actual complexity to the combat system is really important to me maintaining interest in the game.

I hope their new system keeps adding volatility to the sanity meter to make the steamroll +45 something you have to aim at and -45 something that needs to be played around.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The problem is this is a gacha game, and if you encourage people to play repetitive content daily/weekly but also make it a pain you're gonna drive people away.

...maybe they could nerf sanity gain, but make it so you start with more sanity on dailies you've completed? Or just make skipping cost the same as doing it. MD would be less of a problem since you keep sanity and get bonuses, and MD Hard should be somewhat challenging even if it's a weekly thing.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
just use the other sanity system for railway or extreme challenge events instead of daily chore stuff, ez

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

just put in zero-cost sweep buttons for everything people aren't supposed to pay attention to, it's the most humane option

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
I'm like 95% certain we aren't going to see MD Sweeps. Having people be unable to just transform their Enkephalin to meta currency that can be used to straight up buy stuff without time investment is how the monetization system is balanced.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
MD sweeps seem incredibly unlikely, but I'll note that even with my complaints about the new system I never felt like I was losing too much because of it. In a MD, with E.G.O. gifts and carried over Sin resources, it would probably have been even less noticeable. I just don't think the new system felt good, and I hope there's a balance that can be reached there.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Maybe make the new Sanity system togglable? New Sanity is hard mode that gives more rewards in normal stages if you win with it, perhaps an automatic EX rank?

Alternatively add more ways for the player to manually interact with Sanity on a more direct level. For example, bringing back the Discard glitch as an actual mechanic that costs (or gives) Sanity - burning someone's S1 costs, say, 5 or 10 Sanity (down to a minimum of 0 Sanity to prevent it being abused by negative coin IDs) while burning an S2 or S3 refunds you Sanity instead, with throwing away your S3 giving you a big chunk of Sanity in return.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Consider: an E.G.O. that corrodes the Sinner at -45 and +45 Sanity.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
It would not be a PM game without the Silent Orchestra, I suppose :v:

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I keep rolling on this lovely banner hoping for this Rodion i'm not sure i'll ever use. Finally, on the 7th roll, I see a gold pull!

It's W mersault, and my eyes roll in to the back of my head. Then a second gold pops out, and by god it's R-Heathcliffs music.

Now i'm watching my little rabbit boy gun down everything everywhere, and holy crap there was 0 exaggeration about how much poo poo he kicks.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Yeah but the later robot levels aren't great for him. Too much HP, too many robots, not enough bullets.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Theantero posted:

My main Semi-Spoilery Lore Question is: How can it possibly be in any way profitable to use the K Singularity to regenerate chicken for consumption if the entire reasoning for why people don't just K Ampoule all their injuries away is because those things are ruinously expensive?

I figured that the reason the ampoules are expensive isn't because they're costly to make but because K Corp has a monopoly on their manufacture because they've patented them. They'd rather jack up the price sky-high and profit rather than make it cheap and available to all, kind of like insulin in America.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
"Surely I have plenty of xp tickets", I mutter as I boot up the game to 35 my sinners

and well i have enough for 7, which is workable

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
meursalt's capote ego from the battle pass looks pretty meaty tbh

cost isn't so bad (three colors, 5 cost total, if you're running liu meursalt as you're obviously meant to he can theoretically power it himself) and jesus that's a lot of burn and potentially quite respectable tremor, the passive is pretty solid too

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay what's a good team for this drat bull?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Junpei posted:

Okay what's a good team for this drat bull?

i just went in with my usual G Gregor, N Faust, R Heathcliff, Tingtang, Chef Ryoshu

it was a bit rough, partly cause I hadn't leveled them to 35 yet, but much less infuriating than Kromer

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The Bull's not too bad, you want to bring in at least 1 really strong clasher to deal with Charge In, but his other moves aren't too difficult to clash with.

Do keep in mind you probably want to just defend against Overflowing Sorrow, if he loses 3 clashes with that move he starts going ham with his Gloom moves and those are extremely hard to clash + debuff you + buff him.

Best damage types to use against him are Blunt/Gloom/Sloth, which means the new Rosespanner Workshop IDs + N Sinclair are pretty fantastic against him. Also the usual suspects are still good, W Don and R Heath still do absurd damage despite not being strong against him, etc.

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.
The key to dealing with Charge In is to use an evade action against it, which has the side-benefit of looking like you're doing the cool matador thing.

The bull mostly only has one body part so anything that applies debuffs to it is very good value since it affects three dice at once. Mersault is great for this, but N Mersault and another Nails applier is even better.

Ch 3 so far isn't bad at all at level 30 for the record, even with a sub optimal team(why does everything still resist slash).

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Wow it hadn't occurred to me that I could force the Bull to stay in form one by using defensives, that's a very neat strategy!

It's weird because form 2 feels like you're intended to experience it but then if it takes just a single turn or two you start getting hopeless rolls on almost everyone and he rolls you over (please remember I am bad at this game and my RR clear-time was 168), I beat him because of form 2 making the head targetable and if you ever break that you pretty much win the next turn, so I was making sure the big it was clashed with but then everybody focused on getting un-clashed damage in and that won me the fight. After a couple of retries, but hey it worked!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay managed to beat the second fight with a W Don/7 Outis/N Corp Faust/N Corp Sinclair/Reindeer Ish team.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

To be honest I completely hosed it up the first time; when it hit phase 2 I took a good look at all his stuff and realized I could've avoided it.

That being said, he only lasted a single round in phase 2 because nothing really stands up to Quick Supression + Rip Space + Self-Destructive Purge. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Yeah I just kind of murdered the thing…

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Strategy? I just had N Sinclair destroy it. That was my strategy for this entire chapter though, the sanity changes may have been bad for everyone else but they sure turbocharged him!

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Infinity Gaia posted:

Strategy? I just had N Sinclair destroy it. That was my strategy for this entire chapter though, the sanity changes may have been bad for everyone else but they sure turbocharged him!

Yeah... that's what I've been doing too. He's been doing around a third of my total damage on this level.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Had a couple of nodes where Sinclair was doing almost half the party's total damage, which was kind of silly even by his standards.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Arcvasti posted:

(why does everything still resist slash).

this chapter's resists are a 'bring new rodya' because she has both blunt and pierce which literally everything in it is weak to one or the other.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I'm trying to see how far I can get at level 30 and still finish in 10 rounds, and I'm actually finding that Reindeer Ishmael works really well. She's all about building up momentum. She starts out really fragile, but once her sanity gets up, she gains charge real fast and clashes better than I remember. Mind Whip can beat up a robot real real well.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I found getting the bull into form two very good, because if you beat three of the form two things he insta staggers. So just, use EGO against the head attacks to knock him out and turbo murder him in one go the turn after.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
The bull has a second form? What triggers it?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

There are some downsides so relying on him, fights later on take a while and he'll sometimes corrode while having 3 actions in a row and just murder your entire group

definitely didn't happen to me twice

e: Also the Rose boys are designed with one mission in mind: murdering N Faust. They are very good at it. I got more mileage out of L Faust against them.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 2, 2023

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1664462041879556096

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Yinlock posted:

e: Also the Rose boys are designed with one mission in mind: murdering N Faust. They are very good at it. I got more mileage out of L Faust against them.

Oddly enough, when I did the last fight for the first time, N Faust was the SOLE survivor and I SOMEHOW still won.

I did not accomplish the 10 turns challenge, though.

And advice on who I should bring?

BTW, it took me many tries to do the Lv 32 three waves robot level 10 turns challenge, but I was able to do it thanks to threadspinning Wallop, Fluidsac and bringing N Faust, N Don, N Meursault, R Ishmael and N Sinclair.

I hope one day, we'll see a stage with a different challenge (not counting the dungeons).

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My team for the last fight was R Heath, W Don, N Sinclair, 7 Outis, and Rose Rodion.

It was honestly a pretty standard "just push the big buttons and watch big numbers", with the only real exception being Heath. I had to do a ton of defense and Bodysacks to ensure he really only spent ammo on Quick Supression. Still worked out really well though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I used R Heath, W Don, N Sinclair, L Faust, and Kurokumo Ryoshu/G Gregor depending on my mood

The main challenge is having enough gas to outclash the boss because he will gently caress you up if you let him get going at all or if someone gets staggered

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Boksi posted:

I figured that the reason the ampoules are expensive isn't because they're costly to make but because K Corp has a monopoly on their manufacture because they've patented them. They'd rather jack up the price sky-high and profit rather than make it cheap and available to all, kind of like insulin in America.

This was how it read to me as well - I'm pretty sure the line was that it wouldn't make financial sense to use them without restrictions, not that they were necessarily expensive to produce. I can see how you'd go for an alternative interpretation since this happened in the context of security staff self-mutilating in order to qualify, which seems like a pretty silly inefficiency for the company making the stuff, but it's not like silly inefficiency has ever bothered a real company.

35 N Sinclair carried that entire chapter on his back, winrate handled everything up to the last fight where I used some ego. Rest of the team was my stock R Heath/Chef Ryoshu/Warp Don/N Faust. Warp Don would obviously have been dropped for Rose Rodya if I'd pulled her in time, but c'est la vie.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Oddly enough, when I did the last fight for the first time, N Faust was the SOLE survivor and I SOMEHOW still won.

I did not accomplish the 10 turns challenge, though.

And advice on who I should bring?

BTW, it took me many tries to do the Lv 32 three waves robot level 10 turns challenge, but I was able to do it thanks to threadspinning Wallop, Fluidsac and bringing N Faust, N Don, N Meursault, R Ishmael and N Sinclair.

I hope one day, we'll see a stage with a different challenge (not counting the dungeons).

I've just been using full N Corp Team since they're all pierce/blunt and the fights in question don't have the bleed protection the robots have.

Against said Robots I was using tremor/rupture squad with Both Rose Identities, N Don, Seven Outis and rotating the final option before settling on R Ishmael, because she's the highest blunt damage I have. I'd probably put in N Sinclair if I had him.

Other rupture identities sometimes got played, but in the end the fact that robots are resistant to slash makes rupture not a good answer unfortunately. Outis Queen of Thorns EGO was an absolute life saver though.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Everyone else who has the EGO: Somber and sad

Mersault: God bloody dammit, who's the loving twat that decided it would be a good idea to stab me with a broken umbrela?