Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
That's Heathcliff. And notably, they've never actually teased an EGO in this format before, which implies this is actually our very first EGO ID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Saigyouji posted:

That's Heathcliff. And notably, they've never actually teased an EGO in this format before, which implies this is actually our very first EGO ID.

If so, I am definitely expecting the final "version" of the base identities will be them wielding their personal EGO permanently.

Branch of Knowledge Sinclair, Snagharpoon Ishmael, Walpurgisnacht Faust etc.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Saigyouji posted:

Really hoping it's an actual EGO that changes your ID after you use it rather than a standard ID. That'd make R Heath even better since you can just equip the EGO once you run out of ammo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lord_Magmar posted:

If so, I am definitely expecting the final "version" of the base identities will be them wielding their personal EGO permanently.

Branch of Knowledge Sinclair, Snagharpoon Ishmael, Walpurgisnacht Faust etc.

legerdemain gregor :v:

e: poo poo, missed your even better faust joke

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 2, 2023

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1664481559871909888

Finally seeing Sunshower Yi Sang's Corrossion.

I'd also like to mention that there's a bit of a story behind this EGO, or at least it's clearly based on a Korean fairy tale/folk tale.

It's one of those 'explain why natural phenomenon happens' stories, like how Persephone explains the seasons in Greek myth: There's a story involving a fox marrying a tiger, which causes a cloud, who loved the fox, to cry behind the sun, creating sunshowers-days where it's raining despite the sky being clear.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 2, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Saigyouji posted:

It might also be an L corp Heathcliff using an EGO

anyway Heathcliff without ammo will be pretty novel

watchedclock
Mar 23, 2023

Yinlock posted:

anyway Heathcliff without ammo will be pretty novel

That’s just every Heathcliff after 3 turns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

watchedclock posted:

That’s just every Heathcliff after 3 turns

fights he participates in rarely last that long, so my point stands

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
okay yeah, uptied and (mostly) leveled rose rodion, and this is it, this is her good identity

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

She's got that sweet spot where she's just a generically good identity alongside being really fantastic Tremor support.

Meursault's new identity in comparison is...fine. It's fine! Nothing spectacular but you'll want to run it on a dedicated tremor team. (Which, unfortunately, describes all of Meursault's identities, poor guy)

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Rose Rodya even has great Sin elements on her attacks. Pride for Representation Emitter, Gloom for half a dozen different great EGO, and Envy's valuable too with Heathcliff and the Telepoles. It means that both W Don and N Faust want to take her along, so between that and her solid damage and clashes and the Tremor I imagine she'll see a lot of use in the next Railway.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's not like you're gonna take any of her other Identities in the railway, this one's a clear winner.

It's also probably worth dragging along Rose Meursault and LCCB Ishmael for a nice little Tremor package, as they don't have a ton of great identites either.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Seems like Heathcliff isn't the only one getting an EGO ID this season, if these shots of backgroundless EGO from the trailer are any indication.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 2, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

is that melting love ishmael, except green

*resets the IT HAS BEEN X DAYS SINCE THE LIMBUS FANBASE GOT UPSETTINGLY HORNY counter*

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

*resets the IT HAS BEEN X DAYS SINCE THE LIMBUS FANBASE GOT UPSETTINGLY HORNY counter*

Probably the Sticky Muck abno.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Probably the cool fat fairy dude who offers you a drink.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Everyone else who has the EGO: Somber and sad

Mersault: God bloody dammit, who's the loving twat that decided it would be a good idea to stab me with a broken umbrela?

Um, that's Heathcliff, not Meursault.

Notice the stormy symbol? That's Heathcliff's.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I've got to be honest, every time I look at Heathcliff's symbol I just see an eggplant. Which fits, because he's a dick :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

also re meursaltchat: honestly he's a pretty important boss-killer with his default, ultra-cheap zayin ego

so i kinda understand why PM might be hesitant to give him a really good identity

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Google Jeb Bush posted:

also re meursaltchat: honestly he's a pretty important boss-killer with his default, ultra-cheap zayin ego

so i kinda understand why PM might be hesitant to give him a really good identity

I think the thing about all his identities is they're sort of like, backbone/foundational to whatever team/gimmick they're meant to support, but never the standout star of that theme. N Corp Meursault is a tank and a half, who applies a lot of nails and gives the sins you want, but Sinclair/Faust are way more standout in terms of actually looking good in that team. Rosespanner Meursault is similar, he doesn't really stand out but he does really beef up the Tremor team and if more Rosespanner identities come out he'll be a solid way to keep them going. Liu again, on his own isn't super amazing but he's a good source of burn count for that theme and clashes well, plus he's got the new EGO that really works well for that stuff. W Corp needs more charge stuff across the board that actually have ally functions rather than most charge characters being solo one-shot wonders, or bad.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

are you perhaps saying that meursalt is a boring :geno: sinner that does useful things but isn't particularly remarkable until he snaps

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

gonna say it right now: meursault capote's gonna be the finisher for the burn team

land a whole lot of burn counts that don't matter unless the fight drags on which you don't usually want, then push the meursault button for a buttload of stagger damage AND ALSO possibly a WHOLE lot more burn

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Google Jeb Bush posted:

gonna say it right now: meursault capote's gonna be the finisher for the burn team

land a whole lot of burn counts that don't matter unless the fight drags on which you don't usually want, then push the meursault button for a buttload of stagger damage AND ALSO possibly a WHOLE lot more burn

I'd agree with this in general, Meursault's identities are workable but not standout fantastic (they clash well but don't do damage for the most part, or don't clash well but never die so they get you sins). His EGO on the other hand, are all single target boss-busters in one way or another, Chains on its own just stops single enemies dead for a whole turn, and if you can do it every turn yeah Meursault isn't doing poo poo for the rest of the fight but use the EGO, but the boss is probably as soft as a kitten and completely controlled.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1664571639798067202

And there it is, Sunshower EGO Heathcliff ID.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
No tail :furcry:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

GilliamYaeger posted:

And there it is, Sunshower EGO Heathcliff ID.

Notably they seem to be specifying this is a 'Lobotomy' EGO, probably to distinguish it. I wonder if it pulls at EGO rates, 000 rates, or something else entirely? Does it cast and Synchronize or is it equipped as an Identity?

I am excited regardless. :D

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ariamaki posted:

Notably they seem to be specifying this is a 'Lobotomy' EGO, probably to distinguish it. I wonder if it pulls at EGO rates, 000 rates, or something else entirely? Does it cast and Synchronize or is it equipped as an Identity?

I am excited regardless. :D
It's probably the ID of a member of the Technology Liberation Alliance wearing a Lobcorp EGO.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

It's probably the ID of a member of the Technology Liberation Alliance wearing a Lobcorp EGO.

Yeah this, it's almost definitely the 000 identity of the two, and those have often been characters (Rodion is the leader of the Rosespanner Workshop in the current story stuff). Not always of course, and they're still different people, more if the Sinner had the life/endpoint of the other character (N Meursault has different characterisation from Guido even though they're both Grobhammer in the same situation for example).

Mostly because Gregor's is a 00 Identity, since it's one of the Rosespanner Mooks with the chainsaws, like Rosespanner Meursault being one of the mooks with a hammer.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Lord_Magmar posted:

Yeah this, it's almost definitely the 000 identity of the two, and those have often been characters (Rodion is the leader of the Rosespanner Workshop in the current story stuff). Not always of course, and they're still different people, more if the Sinner had the life/endpoint of the other character (N Meursault has different characterisation from Guido even though they're both Grobhammer in the same situation for example).

Mostly because Gregor's is a 00 Identity, since it's one of the Rosespanner Mooks with the chainsaws, like Rosespanner Meursault being one of the mooks with a hammer.

Yeah looking at the preview vid again, there is actually a 000 right there on Heathcliff's titlebar.

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Finally figured out a solution for my biggest issue with Limbus Company: every time I'm getting bored as combat animations play out, I bust out a quick set of reps right then and there

Limbuff Company

my old guest account got deleted and I lost my riot shield Ishmael :(

Ramie fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 2, 2023

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Um, that's Heathcliff, not Meursault.

Notice the stormy symbol? That's Heathcliff's.

I am touched by a very rare, incurable and terminal disease: Being stupid and illiterate

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

the longer I go without learning which one is Lust and which one is Sloth, the funnier it will be

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

It's interesting that this is the first time they've done a banner that isn't split gender. Wonder if it's because Rosespanner Don is going to represent an enemy we haven't seen yet (since she's presumably going to be the 2* on the Fairy Ishmael banner).

Edit: Come to think of it, might be because they didn't want to have the 2* going Don -> Meursault -> Don.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 2, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Saigyouji posted:

It's interesting that this is the first time they've done a banner that isn't split gender.

happy pride

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Wonder how talisman doll Sinclair will fit into it as well.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Saigyouji posted:

It's interesting that this is the first time they've done a banner that isn't split gender. Wonder if it's because Rosespanner Don is going to represent an enemy we haven't seen yet (since she's presumably going to be the 2* on the Fairy Ishmael banner).

Edit: Come to think of it, might be because they didn't want to have the 2* going Don -> Meursault -> Don.

Do we even know that we're getting Rosespanner Don any time soon? Yeah, she's in the art, but we've got a bunch of implied Sinners in art that we don't have as IDs (W Hong Lu, Liu Faust, Rabbit Ryoshu).

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

The Rosespanner IDs are Season 2 IDs, not standard ones, so we should be getting her pretty soonish.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
It's hard to imagine Don with any skills other than violence and insane fanboyism. She just doesn't seem the type.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean, quite frankly, a capacity for incredible violence can get you hired anywhere in the city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

professional deprecated equipment smasher. just taking a hammer to stuff all day long