Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Don't be afraid to backtrack if the gear/training situation is untenable or you get a particularly lovely abnormality. Just hold out till you can get Hod's first upgrade to boost your stat gains. It's even okay if you don't really get breachers till you start breaking into Training and Safety. I didn't get my fourth breacher till day 18 on my current loop. (Ideally you want to clear out Hod''s fourth mission around day 19-20 so you don't have to risk a Dusk Ordeal messing up your plans and you can focus on gearing up to deal with those)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
New project wonderlab, with some neat world building.

Hookah Caterpillar sounds like fun.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just started to read it and it does an excellent job of showing just how hosed up Lobotomy Corp can get.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I think it's really neat how they show in Project Wonderlab that promoting clerks to Agents for exceptional service like what happened with Zeta in the LP is actually a canon possibility.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Seeing The Road Home and Scaredy Cat in action, I sorta want to see all 4 abnormalities get together and make it to the home. Also, having an unpredictable house smash down in a random room sounds like a nightmare to deal with.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I enjoy Catt but wish to see the other two viewpoint agent characters die horribly to an Aleph-class

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
... but why?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's also Library update day talk about a hell train lmao

Big improvements to the way effects show up during rolls

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It looks like we will finally get another multi-stage reception again in Library of Ruina. Almost everyone's been one-and-done since the end of the Zewi section 6 chapter.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mentioned this in the LP thread, there are a bunch of little web apps that let you recreate your LC employees here. Kinda spoilers.

^ made with this one

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

So anyone got any tips for getting the game to actually work?

Every time I start up the game I get the following.

Dr Google suggested a few other people having the same issue but no solution. I don't suppose anyone knows a way around this?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I just encountered the "Magical Girl" SCP anomaly. Lol to take that the 12 year anime girl is really 900 year old dragon trope to it's rightful conclusion: Anime is evil and will destroy everything unless its strongly contained.

The dragon is immune to all damage but white so I currently can't kill it. I'm going to go back few days and not pick that SCP and hope for an easier one.

What class is anime girl? So far the worst was the scarecrow (HE) but she's seems to be on the next rung up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
She is Waw though in terms of difficulty I would actually rate her an Aleph as unless you know exactly what you are doing and have the right tools for the job she can easily wreck your entire facility.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ferrosol posted:

So anyone got any tips for getting the game to actually work?

Every time I start up the game I get the following.

Dr Google suggested a few other people having the same issue but no solution. I don't suppose anyone knows a way around this?

what's in the crash report?

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

lets hang out posted:

what's in the crash report?

Lobotomy [version: Unity 2017.4.7f1 (de9eb5ca33c5)]

UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0033:c84bc75e.

Error occurred at 2020-07-10_180806.
D:\User\Steam\steamapps\common\LobotomyCorp\LobotomyCorp.exe, run by User
54% memory in use.
16309 MB physical memory [7458 MB free].
32693 MB paging file [18406 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134213151 MB free].
Read from location 0000000e caused an access violation.

and then what looks like a log of memory access.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 10, 2020

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ferrosol posted:

Lobotomy [version: Unity 2017.4.7f1 (de9eb5ca33c5)]

UnityPlayer.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module UnityPlayer.dll at 0033:c84bc75e.

Error occurred at 2020-07-10_180806.
D:\User\Steam\steamapps\common\LobotomyCorp\LobotomyCorp.exe, run by User
54% memory in use.
16309 MB physical memory [7458 MB free].
32693 MB paging file [18406 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134213151 MB free].
Read from location 0000000e caused an access violation.

and then what looks like a log of memory access.

I think that's something else on your computer not getting along with unity. Sounds like it could be caused by an antivirus program or something like Citrix, or by outdated video drivers or directx. You might also try running the game as an admin.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

lets hang out posted:

I think that's something else on your computer not getting along with unity. Sounds like it could be caused by an antivirus program or something like Citrix, or by outdated video drivers or directx. You might also try running the game as an admin.

Uninstalling Citrix fixed it thanks. Stupid work from home... Now I can finally see what all the fuss is about!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Ferrosol posted:

Uninstalling Citrix fixed it thanks. Stupid work from home... Now I can finally see what all the fuss is about!

Have fun, and remember: It's not a failure, it's a learning experience. :buddy:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Holy poo poo there's new Love Town music :stare:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

lets hang out posted:

Holy poo poo there's new Love Town music :stare:

It's so nice :allears:

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

In LC you can reset days and reroll stuff/grind, in increments of days, correct? People have been saying that, especially when you're starting out, you can pick out Abnormalities that will absolutely end you if you don't know what you're doing and in some cases call for a full game reset back to Day 1. Does Library of Ruina operate similarly? I'm not too keen on the game if there is a "whelp, this 20 hour run with grinding is a wash, time to start over" thing that can happen, but I'd really like to try Ruina once the SA LP is complete. Are full resets a thing in Ruina, and for that matter are points of no return?[

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

KazigluBey posted:

In LC you can reset days and reroll stuff/grind, in increments of days, correct? People have been saying that, especially when you're starting out, you can pick out Abnormalities that will absolutely end you if you don't know what you're doing and in some cases call for a full game reset back to Day 1. Does Library of Ruina operate similarly? I'm not too keen on the game if there is a "whelp, this 20 hour run with grinding is a wash, time to start over" thing that can happen, but I'd really like to try Ruina once the SA LP is complete. Are full resets a thing in Ruina, and for that matter are points of no return?[

Ruina is balanced overall to be much less brutal than LC so far, and there isn’t that same level of “oh poo poo bad abno time to start over.”

The most you can ever lose is a couple of books-which force you to do one of the previous fights to get them back-and the fights are much shorter than a day is in LC. This far into the early access, there is no way to reset back to day 1, and no reason to either.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

lets hang out posted:

You're going to be annoyed. If you don't alternate expanding the two departments in the bottom layer you aren't able to do one of their suppressions which will prevent you from finishing the game. Since you're on day 46 your only choice is a restart.

It got me too :shobon:

Raise my hand for also having to do a Day 46 restart.

It at least takes the sting out of losing 9 employees to the core suppression I did I guess.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

TeeQueue posted:

Three different ALEPHs. :unsmigghh:

I'm actually interested in seeing what people's three ALEPHS were in completing that mission.

Mine were Mountain of Smiling Bodies, CENSORED, and Blue Star.

rye on white
May 5, 2013
i'm having so much trouble clearing that one. sick of throwing myself at nothing there, blue star, and the silent orchestra.
might just try for the birds. get that all done in one go even if it sucks

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Keldulas posted:

I'm actually interested in seeing what people's three ALEPHS were in completing that mission.

Mine were Mountain of Smiling Bodies, CENSORED, and Blue Star.

Mine has always been Birdzodia, because it's a very profitable event and counts as five different ALEPHs.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I had Mountain of Smiling Bodies, Blue Star, and Nothing There.

Mountain of Smiling Bodies is a joke if you keep corpses out of his hall and can be death balled from 500-0 by 5-6 agents with ALEPH and WAW gear. Nothing there was the real problem and required a death ball of everyone I had in the facility with ranged HE+ gear and my other WAW/Alephs to actually take him down. For Blue Star, I just clustered everyone into an elevator, and sent in the rabbits while I was constantly shooting white bullets. Had to suppress MoSB right at the start but it wasn't too hard to ride out.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
I didn't really understand Gebura's upgrades by that point, so I ended up having to brute-force it myself. CENSORED was actually pretty easy due to my gear, especially with Mountain of Smiling Bodies present in the facility. Mountain of Smiling Bodies actually managed to max out, and I was saved only by Hornet gear being awesome. Shoot shoot shoot, run, repeat. With some magical wand assistance. Never stood close to it until it downgraded, then my death-ball of Red damage weapons munched him. Blue Star was me giving an attack order to all the combat capable dudes scattered around the facility to rush it, and stacking the weak dudes in an elevator for stacked white shielding. Nearly lost some dudes (literally one pulse from losing them) since I didn't realize the people in transit weren't getting the white shields from the attacking group or the hiding group. Oops, but it worked out.

Silent Orchestra is absolute rear end, it has way too many hit points and its resistances just flip too quickly. I actually sicced the Rabbits on it once when it was literally in the smallest department possible in Extraction. The Rabbits BARELY killed it before the finale happened.... and it still drained my energy to 0. That was some salt, there.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I'm finally caught up on content with Ruina. I'm honestly super involved with all the world building it has, especially as it's given me context for just how powerful Gebura was as 'The Red Mist'. Heads up for those still on Lobotomy Corporation, Gebura was INSANELY strong.

It's also super fun getting to know the characters more personally. Having major sympathy for the devil moments.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

KazigluBey posted:

I feel it's important to note that you don't lose all of your progress when you reset to day 1. You get to keep all of your weapons and research which makes going back to where you left off considerably easier. Same goes for repository days - so you can grab a lovely abno, farm it for all it is worth, then start the week again to get rid of it while keeping everything.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
I did a day 46 restart because I wanted to rebuild my facility to be more accommodating for the last 5 days. I have cheesed my way past missions so I decided I will cheese my way through the end-game :argh:. Currently on day 49 trying to muster the will to do the penultimate day after the game forced a bullshit abnormality choice on me Don't Touch Me, Nameless Fetus and the Parasite Tree.

As per Aleph suppression I suppressed CENSORED, Melting Love and Mountain Of Smiling Bodies (while also having Blue Star and Nothing There in the facility, but I thought it would be a pain to suppress them).

Ironically enough, suppressing the Silent Orcehstra is a cinch if you have Gebura's upgrade and attack him with 2 agents equipped with Justita; it leaves the abnormality with low enough HP that his second phase dies super quick.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

SITB posted:

I did a day 46 restart because I wanted to rebuild my facility to be more accommodating for the last 5 days. I have cheesed my way past missions so I decided I will cheese my way through the end-game :argh:. Currently on day 49 trying to muster the will to do the penultimate day after the game forced a bullshit abnormality choice on me Don't Touch Me, Nameless Fetus and the Parasite Tree.

As per Aleph suppression I suppressed CENSORED, Melting Love and Mountain Of Smiling Bodies (while also having Blue Star and Nothing There in the facility, but I thought it would be a pain to suppress them).

Ironically enough, suppressing the Silent Orcehstra is a cinch if you have Gebura's upgrade and attack him with 2 agents equipped with Justita; it leaves the abnormality with low enough HP that his second phase dies super quick.

Don't Touch Me is absolutely trivial to deal with, the only reason it sucks is that it doesn't benefit you at all. But at day 49 I think you're into trying to survive rather than eke out long-term benefits.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

Don't Touch Me is absolutely trivial to deal with, the only reason it sucks is that it doesn't benefit you at all. But at day 49 I think you're into trying to survive rather than eke out long-term benefits.

My main problem currently is time wasted, I didn't want to deal with an abnormality that on a misclick would end my run.

I ended up picking Parasite tree which also slows down my attempts but on the other hand is mostly controllable. Now it's just a matter of getting to Meltdown 5 and dealing with the arbiter. At least I have the Backwards Clock as a single use fallback option.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

SITB posted:

My main problem currently is time wasted, I didn't want to deal with an abnormality that on a misclick would end my run.

I ended up picking Parasite tree which also slows down my attempts but on the other hand is mostly controllable. Now it's just a matter of getting to Meltdown 5 and dealing with the arbiter. At least I have the Backwards Clock as a single use fallback option.

Fallback option? I'd recommend using it just before phase 1 is dead so that it times out to take effect right after she does her RESONATE on phase 2 and spawns the meltdowns. Instantly clear the meltdowns, and skip the worst phase in its entirety.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

TeeQueue posted:

Fallback option? I'd recommend using it just before phase 1 is dead so that it times out to take effect right after she does her RESONATE on phase 2 and spawns the meltdowns. Instantly clear the meltdowns, and skip the worst phase in its entirety.

When I previously tried day 49 I used on the first phase because I also had the White Noon at the same time :v:.

Thanks for the tip, next time I will challenge her I know which phase to skip.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

SITB posted:

When I previously tried day 49 I used on the first phase because I also had the White Noon at the same time :v:.

Thanks for the tip, next time I will challenge her I know which phase to skip.

One other thing I should probably mention: the only reason I don't think phase 3 is the Worst Phase is because I actively refuse to engage with it. I hide at a knight's move from Binah where her pillars won't hit, and then after she fires them off I just dogpile on her. But on day 49, you can also pause during it if you need to-which makes it JUST AS TRIVIAL in the end. :v:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

(day 49) Hokma's pause penalty is reduced from what it was during his suppression, starting at just one employee. As long as your people aren't getting decimated by something else you can probably get away with pausing once for the first phase and then again for the third phase. I used the clock on phase 2 too, just because it has so many more meltdowns than the other two. Here's the realest advice though: once you make it to the results screen, just take it. No matter how bad your losses are, just take the win.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So I was playing along the LP, having mostly a mix of TETH and HE abnormalities, when the game suddenly decided to be cute and gift me a shiny, new ALEPH abnormality like it was no big deal. Not encountering even a WAW abnormality before, to say that I was not prepared would be a bit of an understatement. It took me more than a hour of constant rewinds to figure out how to work it....well not exactly safely, but at least with minimized risk and now I am a proud owner of a glass pitcher full of pink slime? :toot:

Honestly, this was probably one of the rudest difficulty spikes I encountered in a long while, and I am absolutely loving it. :allears:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I've been reading the LobCorp LP and didn't really decide to check out the thread because while I love the world it's set in I can't really get into any kind of groove while playing and just get frustrated. Then, just today I realized that one of my favorite music artists has been doing some of the music for Library of Ruina. They're responsible for the main theme song and the Love Town theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOj_A3aZxGs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyx8DMlUAQ4

If you like them and want more I'd definitely recommend taking a look at their work, which also includes the Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045 ending, a few songs for the Goblin Slayer anime and a lot of independent stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I just barely made it to day 21 thinking the game would end and then.... oh boy there is a whole new level to complete.

This is not an easy game. I need a guide or some hints at this point.