Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yi Sang's small little trailer dropped, too. Most of the dialogue's a bit too... vague but there is one detail, Yi Sang using what seems to be a personal EGO named "Crow's Eye View" (or... "Visus Oculi Corvi"? or... "ivorC ilucO susiV"?). It looks like a mirror fragment used as a dagger, and the name comes from a poetry series by the IRL Yi Sang, which I quickly flipped through and... wow, it is nonsense. Probably intentionally so, I'm aware, but the whole thing reads like a bunch of Jaden Smith's tweets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Also you get skill checks in the middle of fights that you have to select a specific Sinner to perform. Don fails a Greed check to take a shot at the abno's head, but Heath succeeds a Pride one to take an attack for the team, at least in the English segment-nobody's translated the ones that occur in the Korean or Japanese segments.

A Banana
Jun 11, 2013
Is there anything I'll be kicking myself for not doing in Libary of Ruina prior to the big obvious point of no return marker? I've done all realisations except Keter which seems like it's still gated, but I haven't ground out all the non-story encounters and am missing a couple of potentially useful key deck pieces, which haven't blocked my so far, but not sure if I'll end up in a point where I really wish I'd ground them out.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
You've done everything you need to do to hit true ending, the only thing is that you won't be able to go back and farm those pages or deck pieces until you're done with the entire finale.

Should be fine, the game is perfectly beatable even without any of the general reception stuff.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

A Banana posted:

Is there anything I'll be kicking myself for not doing in Libary of Ruina prior to the big obvious point of no return marker? I've done all realisations except Keter which seems like it's still gated, but I haven't ground out all the non-story encounters and am missing a couple of potentially useful key deck pieces, which haven't blocked my so far, but not sure if I'll end up in a point where I really wish I'd ground them out.
As long as you can fill out four full floors with decks you're satisfied with, you're good to go. If you can't, then you know what you need to grind. As a note that might help (couple of final fights spoiler but nothing that won't be apparent from the moment you set foot past the point of no return): You can solo Phillip with Xiao, Fervid Emotions, Clone and Happy Memories, so that's four characters you don't have to build. Likewise, you can solo Tanya pretty easily because lol red mist so you only need to build ten characters for the second tier of fights.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 09:43 on May 22, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm not sure which I find more unenviable: Keeping the Smiling Face's accent straight in the fanfic additions, or coming up with more weird Oswald metaphors for Oswald vs Tiph

A Banana
Jun 11, 2013

GilliamYaeger posted:

As long as you can fill out four full floors with decks you're satisfied with, you're good to go. If you can't, then you know what you need to grind. As a note that might help (couple of final fights spoiler but nothing that won't be apparent from the moment you set foot past the point of no return): You can solo Phillip with Xiao, Fervid Emotions, Clone and Happy Memories, so that's four characters you don't have to build. Likewise, you can solo Tanya pretty easily because lol red mist so you only need to build ten characters for the second tier of fights.

got into it and I uh, definitely should have planned that first spoiler out in advance instead of ad-hocing it forgot to take some important cards out for phillip, so now I have to do yesod's floor w/o the cheese from myo's card

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021

Junpei posted:

I'm not sure which I find more unenviable: Keeping the Smiling Face's accent straight in the fanfic additions, or coming up with more weird Oswald metaphors for Oswald vs Tiph

It is 100% coming up with more weird Oswald metaphors. At least with Smiling Faces you can roughly type out what you want them to say and then translate what you want them to say into "Smiling Face"-speak so to say.

With Oswald, even if you know what sort of ideas you want him to convey, you still need to go through the trouble of coming up with a certifiably "Oswald"-style metaphor if you don't end up just extending one of his previous metaphors.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCO0_pD4Tno

In-depth overview of Abnormality combat.

Using EGO gives you the elemental resistances of that EGO, which means that you might take more or less damage from the Abnormality's attacks. When you haven't used EGO, your nuggets will use the resistances of the weakest EGO they have equipped. Likewise, Abnormalities have resistances against the Sins of your nuggets (aka the colors of your attacks). Physical resistances are part-independent, but all body parts share the same set of Sin resistances.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 11:17 on May 23, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Looks like we'll be fighting Abnormalities more than once. Probably some sort of rotating schedule, like, say, Dragalia Lost's daily elemental grinding maps that had a weekly loop, or FE:H's Grand Hero Battle fights.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Looks like we'll be fighting Abnormalities more than once. Probably some sort of rotating schedule, like, say, Dragalia Lost's daily elemental grinding maps that had a weekly loop, or FE:H's Grand Hero Battle fights.
My guess'd be that each former L-Corp location has its own set of Abnormalities wandering the buried halls.

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
The encyclopedia's returning, so I sort of hope that means we get to see more fanfiction from Yesod Abnormality Lore in it, too.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well there goes my "Gaia and Evil Kit are going to be with Chesed because they were made for Woodsman" theory out the window.

But anyway, on other things, Crow's Eye View is confirmed to be a Zayin-class EGO, while 4th Match Flame is still at its TETH class.

You not only have Slash/Blunt/Pierce weaknesses and resistances that come with your Identity but also sin/elemental weaknesses and resistances from your lowest-level EGO at base, but you can overwrite them by using an EGO in battle. Regular enemies only have weaknesses and resistances to Slash/Blunt/Pierce but Abnos have Sin/elemental weaknesses and resistances. Attack types are on a per-body-part level (so, say, an Abno's head could be Weak to Slash, neutral to Pierce, and resist Blunt, while an arm could be weak to Pierce, neutral to Blunt, and resist Slash), but Sin types are aggregate to the whole.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Chad Lies and Curiosity Mirinae: 3 Observe, 3 Bi Xi, and 3 Augury Kick for maximum strength boost. Of course there's the needs of actually drawing Curiosity in the first place.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Welp, I think I may have irrevocably hosed up my LobCorp game.

I'm trying to prepare for suppressing WhiteNight by farming its gear. But I pushed my luck too hard in farming it and caused two of the sacrificial Apostle agents to panic. I was also lazy and didn't reconfigure the facility for farming instead of suppressing, so I both had the sacrifices in the facility and no white weapons to suppress them. I thought I could be clever and go back to the repository to save the sacrifices and keep the suit I'd gotten... but I hired all of the sacrifices and transformed WhiteNight after hitting the checkpoint. :suicide:

This is going to make suppression trickier. When the original, blessed agents are not in the facility, are the Apostles selected at random every single time WhiteNight breaks out?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder what the breakdown is between "people voting for the hardest difficulty to spite TQ", "people who want to discuss Charge decks", "people who want to do Yesod's realization" and "people who want to show the blind guys more about what's going on in WARP Trains" is wrt this vote.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
My priority is to get realizations going ASAP, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Junpei posted:

I wonder what the breakdown is between "people voting for the hardest difficulty to spite TQ", "people who want to discuss Charge decks", "people who want to do Yesod's realization" and "people who want to show the blind guys more about what's going on in WARP Trains" is wrt this vote.

There is at least one more category with at least one voter in it, that being "People who want to see Bamboo-Hatted Kim get at lease some play before we barrel on to Star and he gets powercreeped.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Aumanor posted:

There is at least one more category with at least one voter in it, that being "People who want to see Bamboo-Hatted Kim get at lease some play before we barrel on to Star and he gets powercreeped.

general receptions seem to be when the thread chooses to go between tier transitions, and we'd be seeing him regardless of whether we went TRAIN2 or Smoke.

honestly I'm surprised nobody's picked up on what TQ's actually doing with the poll descriptions, did nobody read the one for the index?

MetaMeme fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 23, 2022

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Solitair posted:

Welp, I think I may have irrevocably hosed up my LobCorp game.

I'm trying to prepare for suppressing WhiteNight by farming its gear. But I pushed my luck too hard in farming it and caused two of the sacrificial Apostle agents to panic. I was also lazy and didn't reconfigure the facility for farming instead of suppressing, so I both had the sacrifices in the facility and no white weapons to suppress them. I thought I could be clever and go back to the repository to save the sacrifices and keep the suit I'd gotten... but I hired all of the sacrifices and transformed WhiteNight after hitting the checkpoint. :suicide:

This is going to make suppression trickier. When the original, blessed agents are not in the facility, are the Apostles selected at random every single time WhiteNight breaks out?

Yeah, if the blessed agents aren't available, then random agents will be selected. However, and I haven't actually checked this myself, but I've heard that you can recruit new agents with the same name as the unavailable blessed agents and have them take their place.

Can't remember where I heard it, but it might be worth a try.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MetaMeme posted:

honestly I'm surprised nobody's picked up on what TQ's actually doing with the poll descriptions, did nobody read the one for the index?

It’s a library of ruina let’s play, none of us can read.

I mean wait what I’m not doing anything. :ninja:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Aumanor posted:

laffo if Kim had 4 light and like.. 10 more HP, you could call him an Impurity page. He NEVER gets power creeped, it's kinda nuts.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah, +3/5 power on slash cards is kinda nuts no matter how far in the game you are. He and Yujin are the first endgame viable keypages you get.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yeah, +3/5 power on slash cards is kinda nuts no matter how far in the game you are. He and Yujin are the first endgame viable keypages you get.

endgame viable doesn't mean endgame fun to play whenever I play a page without 4 light in SotC poo poo's genuinely so painful being one light off-curve from every other librarian forever makes me want to die

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
LP Poll: As always, you all charged into an Abnormality battle.

Why didn't I noticed the keyword for the Cleanup Crew play style? I feel silly.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Junpei posted:

Well there goes my "Gaia and Evil Kit are going to be with Chesed because they were made for Woodsman" theory out the window.

On the other hand it confirmed my theory for Keter being "people who look average but aren't". Roland is Roland, Zaida is a Clerk, Steve is The Most Normal and Gaia literally failed at failing.

I am mildly sad about my Nugget being stuck in Keter but at least TQs insanity means the floor will see more play than normal. The normal being "absolutely no play".

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I really cannot wait to see how Angela interacts with the Keter group during General Works Realization. That's going to be really interesting to see.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

On the other hand it confirmed my theory for Keter being "people who look average but aren't". Roland is Roland, Zaida is a Clerk, Steve is The Most Normal and Gaia literally failed at failing.

I am mildly sad about my Nugget being stuck in Keter but at least TQs insanity means the floor will see more play than normal. The normal being "absolutely no play".

Keter's getting Xiao and Purple Tear, not to mention the hardest fights in the game after that.

Gaia is going to have to earn his place. If anything, Talow and Mizu are the ones getting little playtime. :v:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:49 on May 24, 2022

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

TeeQueue posted:

Keter's getting Xiao and Purple Tear, not to mention the hardest fights in the game after that.

Gaia is going to have to earn his place. If anything, Talow and Mizu are the ones getting little playtime. :v:

I'm ready to burn to death for the cause, sir!

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
At least those fights allows multiple floors. You can soften the boss with, say, Binah before finishing them off with Roland.

Nailing the killing blow with Roland on the other hand... Deathballing the boss could potentially cause a kill steal.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Random fun question: If you could play around with a Black Silence Roland + Red Mist Gebura + Binah team outside of the Zena and Baral fight, what two other key pages/fighters would you want for a full 5-man team, and what floor's Abno pages and EGO would you want to combo it with?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Random fun question: If you could play around with a Black Silence Roland + Red Mist Gebura + Binah team outside of the Zena and Baral fight, what two other key pages/fighters would you want for a full 5-man team, and what floor's Abno pages and EGO would you want to combo it with?
Off the top of my head it'd have to be Xiao and Nikolai, with Chesed's pages and Yesod's EGO.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Are we allowed to attribute passives onto the three plot characters, or change Geb's deck? With her default deck and a nerfed version of Prowess I'm not sure Geb can do the yesod unga thing well enough to make it worth the all-in. (But if Myo's Prowess and Gebura's Prowess stack...)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
actually apoc bird exodia on gebura is too funny to pass up, so that

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Junpei posted:

Mountain of Smiling Bodies. Why does Gebura, the largest Librarian, not simply eat the others?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So remember that Sephirot Sentai Libranger fanart I slapped together in 10 minutes lovingly created for the thread? I realized that if they're a Power Rangers/Sentai team, that'd make the Reverb Ensemble the villain group and that gave me the hilarious mental image of

1. Pluto saying "Make my monster grow!"
2. Jae-Heon and Oswald bickering over MOTW creation duties
3. Gear Worshippers acting like your typical mooks
and finally
4. Argalia lounging on a throne like a typical boss in those shows does

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Honestly, I could easily see Argalia as a Lord Zedd type. A scythe is close enough to a staff, right?

Though who would take the slot of Henchman that starts out strong enough to body the entire team but then winds up as comic relief between Elena, Greta, and Tanya?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Verant posted:

Honestly, I could easily see Argalia as a Lord Zedd type. A scythe is close enough to a staff, right?

Though who would take the slot of Henchman that starts out strong enough to body the entire team but then winds up as comic relief between Elena, Greta, and Tanya?

Tanya seems appropriate for it with how she's introduced.

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021
I like to think given that the artbook states that Elena's canonical hobby is napping of all things and that Elena mentioned that she didn't even want to become a Star of the City, Elena ends up being the super lazy minion who would actually be a scary threat if she bothered to do anything other than napping and getting the occasional drink of blood now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Phillip naturally slots in as the late-joiner who's more serious and raises the stakes for the heroes.