Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Speaking of "Core Suppression" missions are they something I should be doing as soon as they become available, despite being still on like day 25, or are they end-game stuff? Both gameplay-wise and story-wise.

Do them as soon as you can, but be prepared to reset to memory repository afterwards; they're brutal. Of the ones I've tried so far they don't get easier or harder with more progress but the rewards are very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

I'm slowly chugging along this game, just completed 3rd Tiphereth mission, which made available "Core Suppression" missions for almost all Upper Sephirahs and um....... this whole thing got a lot more interesting. :stare: Like I can't say it's much of a twist, considering that the game is telling you they are AI since the beginning, but it's still kinda unnerving to discover just how much is the cognition filter warping your perception of what's going on. Also, you can't fool me Angela! I remembered you still looked like human when the cognition filter malfunctioned back at the beginning, I'm on to your poo poo!

Speaking of "Core Suppression" missions are they something I should be doing as soon as they become available, despite being still on like day 25, or are they end-game stuff? Both gameplay-wise and story-wise.

They unlock some really useful upgrades and make it easier to manage the base so they should be done sooner rather then later.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
How...How the gently caress did I not come accross a lobotomy Corp thread until now??
Ahem gently caress Binah, gently caress fetus, gently caress magical girl, gently caress train and gently caress Angela
Especially that last one, spit on their grave.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I'm with you until the last one.

She gets an 'It's complicated' because 90% of her terrible poo poo is actually all A's fault. :colbert:

There are no good trains in Project Moon's world, though.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Yeah I didn't like Angela until Library of Ruina where you actually kind of talk to her as a person, and it turns out she's basically kind of ignorant on a lot of things, and a little traumatized? And can actually be somewhat friendly when Roland makes the effort.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Half of my hatred is because You were basically A in the last game and it felt like she dabbed on all of the sacrifices that you make in order to finally put the matter at peace, all those hour and days you've spent thinking of strats while you have fetus, blue star, magical girl, train, censored, Nothing there and [doublespoiler]Punishing birb[/doublespoiler] ripping you a new rear end in a top hat. Then Lor came along and it feels like getting shot in the gut when she's the one who sabotaged everything and she gets off relatively scott free to do even more sacrifices (that she was totally cool with in the first game even). To put more salt on the wounds the mc seems to be on her side and everything.
It feels like if a character you liked were to die and then you play a character later on that took part in killing that character. It hurts.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

(100% LC spoilers) whoops locked my robot daughter in a recursive nightmare for a million years and for some reason she's got a gigantic chip on her shoulder about it. well good luck everyone :angel:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Half of my hatred is because You were basically A in the last game and it felt like she dabbed on all of the sacrifices that you make in order to finally put the matter at peace, all those hour and days you've spent thinking of strats while you have fetus, blue star, magical girl, train, censored, Nothing there and [doublespoiler]Punishing birb[/doublespoiler] ripping you a new rear end in a top hat. Then Lor came along and it feels like getting shot in the gut when she's the one who sabotaged everything and she gets off relatively scott free to do even more sacrifices (that she was totally cool with in the first game even). To put more salt on the wounds the mc seems to be on her side and everything.
It feels like if a character you liked were to die and then you play a character later on that took part in killing that character. It hurts.

TBQH I'm looking forward to an LP of Library of Ruina in like a literal year from now in part because I want to see what everyone makes of the ending of LC and the bits that get followup in the sequel.

Though Roland is on Angela's side mostly because he doesn't want to be a popcorn machine, if we're being completely fair. :v:

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

TeeQueue posted:

Though Roland is on Angela's side mostly because he doesn't want to be a popcorn machine, if we're being completely fair. :v:
Yeah Roland is a mystery and I do like where PM goes with things. I haven't played Lor in like a month since one of the updates ate my save so I might give it a go, maybe I'll feel something other than pure hatred for a certain character...
-
-
-
God I hate them so much. Like legit if you were to show me a video any video from; cute puppies doing cute things, a movie trailer to something funny and you snuck in a single frame of their smug loving face I will become livid and would not be able to explain why. :sassargh:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah Roland is a mystery and I do like where PM goes with things. I haven't played Lor in like a month since one of the updates ate my save so I might give it a go, maybe I'll feel something other than pure hatred for a certain character...
-
-
-
God I hate them so much. Like legit if you were to show me a video any video from; cute puppies doing cute things, a movie trailer to something funny and you snuck in a single frame of their smug loving face I will become livid and would not be able to explain why. :sassargh:

It's okay. None of us like Lenny here. :v:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Angela gets a bit of a pass from me because she’s an abandoned girl who has spent god knows how long fulfilling the wishes of her creator Ayin, who hated her for not being his dead love interest, only to finally snap and decide to salvage some kind of humanity and purpose from her life instead of dying off.

If she could give a final “gently caress you” to Ayin, so much the better; it’s not good, but god is it understandable.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

I really liked the Ruina scene where Roland tells Angela that he doesn't think poorly of her because she's a machine, and I was expecting her to fully on go UH. LIKE I NEED YOUR SYMPATHY OK? but instead she seems a bit taken back and then thanks him.

I saw that and was like oh my god I can't believe she had feelings the whole time. Which in retrospect is kind of obvious but I thought she was more angry instead of upset. Spoilers its BOTH

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Follow up question from my earlier one, re: resetting mechanics in LC (still on the fence if I should pick it up or just follow the LP):

So there's like several resets in the game, right? I get the "Restart Day" one, it's just literally a start-of-day check-point you can return to with no permanent damage, correct? Anything carry over when you do this, or is it strictly a checkpoint mulligan on the day's events?

Then there's "Reset to the last 5 Day Increment" and "Reset to Day 1". My understanding is that you keep unlocks (gear, intel, event clears) but how does it work re: your employees? If I trigger it mid-way in a day and there's some deaths, do these carry over? And do you keep leveled employees on the Day 1 reset too?

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Restart Day is a checkpoint mulligan.
For the reset one ones you don't keep your employees. In the reset to x day you only have the employees, gear and intel that you had up to the start of that day. You do get to keep the unlocks, gear and intel for a complete reset to day 1.
The unlocks are global so if you reset five days ago after suppressing a boss you get to keep that bonus.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Ahh I see, so all three resets clear the day's successes/failings, and the "Reset to 1", "Reset by/to 5" ones essentially checkpoint your employees stats at those points but still allow progress (unlocks, intel, gear) to carry over. Am I understanding that right?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Reset to Repository (the 5-day one) does keep the intel and gear you've unlocked. However your employees will be reset to the condition the state they were on that day. If they were wearing EGO gear that you lost between the checkpoint and reset, they'll lose it, since your EGO gear getting saved goes both ways.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Dying deletes EGO gear and EGO gifts on victims, which can be relevant when using the Memory Repository.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Maybe think of it this way, although it might not help: the 5 day memory repository only saves your employees' states. Specifically whether they're alive or dead, their stats, titles, and EGO gifts.

When you press the "Return to memory repository" button it saves all of your abnormality observations, EGO gear, completed missions, and research unlocked at that moment, and you carry all of that back to the repository day where your employees' saved state is waiting. Pretty sure you need to actually complete the day for any missions in progress to be considered cleared.

Returning to day 1 works the same way, except you'll be back to just a single randomly generated employee.

Misanthropic Void
Oct 9, 2012

How...How the gently caress did I not come accross a lobotomy Corp thread until now??
Ahem gently caress Binah, gently caress fetus, gently caress magical girl, gently caress train and gently caress Angela
Especially that last one, spit on their grave.

I agree on the 1st. Might have too do another day 1 reset thanks to her.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

god the more I think about it the more I loving hate Plague Doctor.

So you lose 12 employees, let out a super-boss who is his own can of dick moves. Win or lose, you're now stuck with an absurdly high-maintenance ALEPH who fucks up your carefully designed facility and can only be safely (barely) worked by people in Judgment Bird's armor and EX level stats.

I am 100% going back for round 2 with this fucker :black101:

Any advice? Besides only use red/black weapons.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Alrighty, I'm finally playing this thanks to the ongoing LP and I'm on Day 3 - and I've already had to do a reset due to my day 4 tool prior being something I had no way of dealing with. For my Day 3 abnormality, any advice on what I should pick between:

O-05-61 Life is only granted to those who hold no fear of death.

O-03-60 You see a song in front of you. It's approaching, becoming more colorful by the second.

F-01-02 I am coming to you. You, who will be reduced to ash like me.

Right now I just have One Sin and 1.76MGhz so I've been making good use of Attachment, Insight, and Repression but I've looked up a few details of these things and they're all kind of terrifying. :stare:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

If you know the details of them then you should leave O-03-60 well enough alone until you have max level agents. Out of the other two you need to be careful but they are both pretty useful.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

reset if you pick up don't touch me, have someone distract the small boys by kiting them, make sure you don't have any assholes that would also breach (queen of hatred, big birb), make sure you have apocalypse birbs gear and if all else fails:summon green midnight

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

god the more I think about it the more I loving hate Plague Doctor.

So you lose 12 employees, let out a super-boss who is his own can of dick moves. Win or lose, you're now stuck with an absurdly high-maintenance ALEPH who fucks up your carefully designed facility and can only be safely (barely) worked by people in Judgment Bird's armor and EX level stats.

I am 100% going back for round 2 with this fucker :black101:

Any advice? Besides only use red/black weapons.

If you still have all your apostles, reload until WN is in one of the upper departments and then send all of them down as deep as you can before they transform so that you'll have some time to fight while they trudge all the way back. You'll still have to deal with the two in its room, I had the most success focusing just on WN while avoiding their instant kills. Ranged weps were just more awkward to manage so I only used melee. Be especially careful of the apostles with spears, their IKs come out so fast it isn't even safe to ambush them in elevators.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Galick posted:

Alrighty, I'm finally playing this thanks to the ongoing LP and I'm on Day 3 - and I've already had to do a reset due to my day 4 tool prior being something I had no way of dealing with. For my Day 3 abnormality, any advice on what I should pick between:

O-03-60 You see a song in front of you. It's approaching, becoming more colorful by the second.

Right now I just have One Sin and 1.76MGhz so I've been making good use of Attachment, Insight, and Repression but I've looked up a few details of these things and they're all kind of terrifying. :stare:

I'd go for -02. It's an extremely low maintenance Teth and a fantastic (early game) insight trainer. It does breach if you gently caress up and hilarious things can happen when it does breach if you aren't paying attention, but it's also extremely easy to suppress by the time breaching abnormalities are relevant. Plus it has an EGO weapon that remains relevant all the way through WAW due to the obscene amount of damage it puts it out.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Galick posted:

-61 is a really good instinct trainer so if you need something for that, I’d pick that up. Plus it has a really good EGO weapon that is HE level and is one of 2 pale weapons. So long as you don’t use attachment or repression on it, you should be fine for the most part. Honestly, once you get max agents who you won’t be putting to worth, it may be worth giving them the gift the abnormality has.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

lets hang out posted:

Maybe think of it this way, although it might not help: the 5 day memory repository only saves your employees' states. Specifically whether they're alive or dead, their stats, titles, and EGO gifts.

When you press the "Return to memory repository" button it saves all of your abnormality observations, EGO gear, completed missions, and research unlocked at that moment, and you carry all of that back to the repository day where your employees' saved state is waiting. Pretty sure you need to actually complete the day for any missions in progress to be considered cleared.

Returning to day 1 works the same way, except you'll be back to just a single randomly generated employee.

Tenebrais posted:

Reset to Repository (the 5-day one) does keep the intel and gear you've unlocked. However your employees will be reset to the condition the state they were on that day. If they were wearing EGO gear that you lost between the checkpoint and reset, they'll lose it, since your EGO gear getting saved goes both ways.

Cool, thanks!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

3 more English chapters of Distortion Detective today

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

let it be noted: the value of having a pile of buffs and good gear on one employee is not to be underestimated, especially when everything is breaking out because of an easy mistake
such as sending someone to work T-09-82 and forgetting, causing F-02-58 to break out which then lets out T-05-41, T-02-71 and O-03-60 to all break out. :shepface:
but hey, on the plus side got to watch some anomalies too busy fighting eachother to hunt down my agents :v

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, quick question: Geburas 2nd mission is "Suppress WAW abnormality 5 times" or "Suppress 5 different WAW abnormalities"? Due to the absolutely "excellent" RNG I have only 3 WAWs (and 3 ALEPHs :v:), so this might be a problem.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Ok, quick question: Geburas 2nd mission is "Suppress WAW abnormality 5 times" or "Suppress 5 different WAW abnormalities"? Due to the absolutely "excellent" RNG I have only 3 WAWs (and 3 ALEPHs :v:), so this might be a problem.

You can use the same one 5 times in a row for that mission if you want to.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh! That makes things a lot easier than I thought. Guess I'll go and bully a certain Bad Apple a few times.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Catching up to Library or Ruina and had a couple of thoughts:

1) Gun-logic how the hell does it work? I repeated the QoH fight like 7+ times simply because the pages clashing was super erratic. It was even more infuriating given how the first fight ended with QoH having 1 HP, so if I knew how it worked I could have won on the first try.

2) Speaking of guns, I accidentally cheesed Pinocchio by giving Roland a gun deck, which meant that Pinocchio ended up without any cards to play or use for his lying gimmick.

3) The grind can be awful, I fought SSJ Philip for 5 times and despite burning so many Oscar books I haven't got the Oscar key page, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that only his key page had Sparkling Spear. The same goes for Sayo-specific pages too, but I got far luckier there. Limiting the key pages of Objet d'art is excusable, but normal pages being double gated is annoying.

4) I think I am near the end content of the current patch? So far the only fight I haven't beaten is the circus.

Can't wait to see the chad murderer and the A stan finally appearing in LoR.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Yeah the grinding for pages / cards gets a bit old for me.

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

One thing to make sure you do is not immediately knock people out if you're grinding. They need to be emotional, then they'll drop multiple copies of their own book. You are also near the end (for now!).

Ranged cards have unique mechanics. They start INSTANTLY, without waiting for people to move, and red dice count as evasion dice (as in, you can block multiple dice rolls with a single red dice if you roll well). I don't think the abnormalities ranged cards are discarded either, or if they are they have a lot of them.

ALSO, new patch might have been what caused it. They seem to have made it so, instead of the old way where the last higher speed dice card you try to clash on is the one that actually clashes, instead the highest speed roll is the one that gets clashed against. Old rules apply on speed dice of the same number. I could be wrong, though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Chinely posted:

ALSO, new patch might have been what caused it. They seem to have made it so, instead of the old way where the last higher speed dice card you try to clash on is the one that actually clashes, instead the highest speed roll is the one that gets clashed against. Old rules apply on speed dice of the same number. I could be wrong, though.

hmm I haven't noticed this and aren't able to reproduce it. Unless it's some quirk of that fight? Can't repeat it now.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Chinely posted:

One thing to make sure you do is not immediately knock people out if you're grinding. They need to be emotional, then they'll drop multiple copies of their own book. You are also near the end (for now!).

Ranged cards have unique mechanics. They start INSTANTLY, without waiting for people to move, and red dice count as evasion dice (as in, you can block multiple dice rolls with a single red dice if you roll well). I don't think the abnormalities ranged cards are discarded either, or if they are they have a lot of them.

Thanks for the clarification, my biggest problem was with the clashing mechanic being super erratic.

The abnormalities own unique cards are permanent, but the abnormality that has the gimmick of fully copying your deck copies the exhaust mechanic.

Though, is there a limit to the amount of books you can get from a single fight? Like if I fight Oscar is the max amount of books he drops when killed is fixed? Also, in regards to dodge, it seems that if you roll close enough to the dodge roll it is still spent even though you haven't surpassed it, what's the limit then?

Chinely
Apr 13, 2018

Dodge dice are removed if the attack die roll the same or greater (OR if you roll against another defensive die. Even if you lose the clash, the evade die gets removed. However if a block die beats an evade die, they will hit for stamina damage.)

And yeah there is a limited amount of books that can drop, although it's somewhere between 1-3 per person killed. You can also get generic books which tend to have a small chance to drop special pages.

Would REALLY recommend you read the Reception page on the Ruina wiki if you haven't, the game very poorly explains (or doesn't at all!) a lot of its systems, and the part about evade dies being removed if rolled against another defense die just never gets mentioned. People also save defensive dies if they're not played because of one sided clashes, which I'm not entirely sure on how it works.

I might also just be completely misremembering the speed die thing, if you can't replicate it I was probably just being an idiot.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Library of Ruina now slated for release in April 2021.

I guess that gives me more time to finish LobCorp. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Looks like Library of Ruina released an update and with it, a new abnormality. Oh hi there Night of Despair. Looks like Tipereth is getting all of the magical girls. Isn't she lucky? Guess this means we can expect a King of Greed down the pipeline.

Also, thanks for all the advice about Roland's third abnormality fight. Giving him Olga's page basically ended with Pinocchio doing nothing :v:.

EDIT: With regards to the new episode that's released. These Fixer fights make me want to smash my head through a wall :argh:

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 24, 2020