Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Honestly, I really like how the energy system is implemented. Sure, you could complete the day early and suffer minimal casualties. However, you're missing out on researching and exploiting the abnormalities. It's really a push your luck mechanic where you just keep going, knowing you're putting yourself in more danger but if you just do that little bit extra, you could get that EGO or get more information about a new abnormality in your facility. Trying to tow the line between farming and death is stressful but exhilarating as hell.

EDIT: Green Noon happened again and I only managed to lose 1 person who had their stats shifted from the mirror to give them 18 fortitude. I just decided to accept losses at that point because he wasn't a top priority. I did have my Justice 4 agent running around killing the Noons though.

Now I've got the suppress 4 anomalies for Hod and I've only got Clouded Monk and Warm-Hearted Woodsman for my breaching abnormalities, minus Punishing Bird but not gonna be suppressing that. Laetitia is ridiculously good and basically exists to boost employee's Temperance to 5. I'm very hesitant to work the Woodsman because I've had times where I didn't even know when its Qliphort dropped and my employee suddenly got murdered. It could have possibly been the Crimson Moon but I thought I killed the little bastard fast enough for it not to resolve.

Also, now I've got the music box but I opened the Safety department with only it inside. Is it worth having anyone work in safety or can I just focus on departments that have people in it?

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
To make a long story very short: Legacy had actual time limits before ordeals showed up and wrecked your day, and in legacy you could not avoid getting facerolled by a midnight.

There is a reason nobody plays legacy anymore, and it's that the time limit on every single day was not very fun. :v:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I love Lobotomy but I’m scared of it getting even harder. I’m already feeling like I’m barely making it through a day and I know it’s just gonna get worse with more abnormalities. It’s so good but I don’t know if good at it.

Why can’t all abnormalities be like Laetitia? The woodsman terrifies me, the monk has driven my characters crazy multiple times and Wall Gazer, while not a problem anymore, still freaks me out and gives me heart attacks thinking about its Qliphorts depleting. Like, I get why because otherwise it wouldn’t be much of a game and I do enjoy the ability this game gives to terrify me.

I’m not ready for dusks. All the noons sans Purple noon already kill me.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There's no reason to worry about later ordeals where you're at, just take your time building up your employees and collecting gear. It won't be long before you can practically sleep through noons.

And honestly I've lost more people to Laetitia's cool free gifts than I have some ALEPHs. :arghfist:

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 27, 2020

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

lets hang out posted:

There's no reason to worry about later ordeals where you're at, just take your time building up your employees and collecting gear. It won't be long before you can practically sleep through noons.

And honestly I've lost more people to Laetitia's cool free gifts than I have some ALEPHs. :arghfist:

Laetitia is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life, so that's 100% on you :colbert:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I wish I didn’t pick up the Woodsman. One mistake and you pretty much say bye to an employee if he gets hit with a Qliphort Meltdown. Is it recommended to have lemmings to sacrifice so I can suppress him for Hod’s mission or should I just wait for more anomalies?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I wish I didn’t pick up the Woodsman. One mistake and you pretty much say bye to an employee if he gets hit with a Qliphort Meltdown. Is it recommended to have lemmings to sacrifice so I can suppress him for Hod’s mission or should I just wait for more anomalies?

You don't really need to do hod's mission until ~the day before you plan on killing a dusk ordeal/getting Tiphereth 3 done (Whichever comes second), so you could put it off for a while if you want to. By that point, you should have a greater selection of abnormalities to let breach, or at least be able to field 10+ people so that you can sacrifice one on letting Woodsman out so you can beat the crap out of it without going below A rank.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Can't you just not work him if he melts down? The only effects are losing a fairly trivial amount of energy and his qliphoth counter going to zero, and it's already at zero.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That is how I handle him. The moment that counter hits 0 I consider him dead space and just ignore him.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

TeeQueue posted:

Laetitia is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life, so that's 100% on you :colbert:

To be fair, 80% of the crisis are on you. The game is attention tax over attention tax, and eventually you'll mess up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fat Samurai posted:

To be fair, 80% of the crisis are on you. The game is attention tax over attention tax, and eventually you'll mess up.

And sometimes the game messes you up. I still feel salty when I got the gift from the singing machine that pushed an employee into the jump into the spinning blades level of fortitude.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Attention tax is rough. As the game progresses, I’m finding it harder to use Today’s Shy Look because I need my attention to be elsewhere. I’m glad I don’t have Old Lady or I could go crazy.

With Child of Galaxy, does his pebble carry between days? If so, does that mean that you just have one employee perpetually spending time with him?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Hunt11 posted:

And sometimes the game messes you up. I still feel salty when I got the gift from the singing machine that pushed an employee into the jump into the spinning blades level of fortitude.

There's a reason my employee working the Singing Machine has Level 2 fortitude.

jimmydalad posted:

Attention tax is rough. As the game progresses, I’m finding it harder to use Today’s Shy Look because I need my attention to be elsewhere. I’m glad I don’t have Old Lady or I could go crazy.

With Child of Galaxy, does his pebble carry between days? If so, does that mean that you just have one employee perpetually spending time with him?

Old lady isn't too bad because that's definitely an Abnormality you can just completely ignore; her effect only matters if you send somebody in there.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

That pebble expires every day. You still want to spend a lot of time working with the child for the chance of one of the best accessories in the game.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Anything bestowed with an overhead hovering thing like Laetitia's gift/Galaxy's pebble/etc are removed at the end of the day. Apparently, CoG has a short memory. :v:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Also, is the stupid monk good for working Justice? I tried doing it once cause I saw the chance as common/not totally awful but then he proceeded to drive my employee crazy.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Also, is the stupid monk good for working Justice? I tried doing it once cause I saw the chance as common/not totally awful but then he proceeded to drive my employee crazy.

...oh right, I can just LINK this here: Here is a Gdoc that has all the base work %s of every abnormality. Many of them are still using names from the old translation, I'll be updating it slowly as I get to them in the LP.

Anyways, Monk has a 40% base work rate for every level but Justice 2, which is 20% for some reason. The best WAW trainers are 45%-55%, so that's not bad at all.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is it possible to remove Crumbling Armour's fire? It seems to count as a hat, so I sent the agent that got it to do instinct/insight work on Void Dream (8% chance of giving a hat) repeatedly all the way from level 2 to level 5 and it still didn't get overwritten. At least I had the mirror so I can still get points onto temperance and justice for him...

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Oh yeah, my employee that got Justice 4 also got the Crumbling Armour gift so I guess their Temperance is stuck at 3. I mean, I have the mirror, but I don’t want to lose out on that Justice IV.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

Is it possible to remove Crumbling Armour's fire? It seems to count as a hat, so I sent the agent that got it to do instinct/insight work on Void Dream (8% chance of giving a hat) repeatedly all the way from level 2 to level 5 and it still didn't get overwritten. At least I had the mirror so I can still get points onto temperance and justice for him...

Crumbly's fire is... complicated. You can remove the fire by replacing it with any other hat, which is just a matter of :rolldice:

However, that doesn't seem to remove the flag that kills them on a temperance work. The only way to do it for sure, that I've seen, is to replace the hat, then end the day, then close the game and reopen it to refresh the list of instagib.

Anything else is risking it depending on how your computer handles specific scripting things that I don't fully understand.

jimmydalad posted:

Oh yeah, my employee that got Justice 4 also got the Crumbling Armour gift so I guess their Temperance is stuck at 3. I mean, I have the mirror, but I don’t want to lose out on that Justice IV.

Just LOB it? :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

OOrochi posted:

Oh my god, I just beat Gebura's Meltdown and it was INSANE.

It pays to pay attention to the story, because you're straight up told a way to trivially defeat that.

For anyone else having trouble with this:

If you have T-09-82 in your facility and a few moderately dangerous breaching abnormalities, you can just use the Chesed Protocol. Take all your guys off duty except for 1 regular employee and a bunch of sacrificial noobs. Place the regular employee inside T-09-82 and go make yourself some coffee. Gebura will eventually be overwhelmed.

e: In fact, that's far from the only time you're given such a hint.

Malkuth's meltdown is trivially beaten with a notebook and a pencil. And so on...

my dad fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 28, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Question about Nezatch's first mission: Do clerk deaths count when it says end the day without any deaths? If so, then gently caress my life.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Question about Nezatch's first mission: Do clerk deaths count when it says end the day without any deaths? If so, then gently caress my life.

Don't be ridiculous. Clerks don't count. :v:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Awesome! Also, I managed to pick up Judgment Bird. How much of a bad idea is that?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Awesome! Also, I managed to pick up Judgment Bird. How much of a bad idea is that?

OOH. :unsmigghh:

YES. YES. see, in my first playthrough JB was my first WAW so I have feelings about it.

You should be able to work it 1-2 times per meltdown using a maxed temperance agent in 1.5x pale armor. You may need to reset if your luck is bad.

You want to get its gear.

Its gear is incredible. It is ALEPH-tier. It makes everything safe and warm, and makes future works with it free.

I love Judgment birb.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

OOH. :unsmigghh:

YES. YES. see, in my first playthrough JB was my first WAW so I have feelings about it.

You should be able to work it 1-2 times per meltdown using a maxed temperance agent in 1.5x pale armor. You may need to reset if your luck is bad.

You want to get its gear.

Its gear is incredible. It is ALEPH-tier. It makes everything safe and warm, and makes future works with it free.

I love Judgment birb.

Oh really? I have 1.5 pale armor and a few temperance 5 agents because of Laetitia (who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life). What type of work should I be aiming for with the bird?

I think my choices were Judgment Bird, Der Freischütz and some awful one (I think Don't Touch Me) so I'm glad I didn't make the wrong decision.

When/Should I pick up Big Bird?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Oh really? I have 1.5 pale armor and a few temperance 5 agents because of Laetitia (who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life). What type of work should I be aiming for with the bird?

I think my choices were Judgment Bird, Der Freischütz and some awful one (I think Don't Touch Me) so I'm glad I didn't make the wrong decision.

When/Should I pick up Big Bird?

Der Shooty is arguably also worthwhile, but between the two I'd probably take JB on a first playthrough. I like Der Shooty's gear because it simplifies killing dusks by letting one agent solo them, but also you have to be very careful with it because reasons.

Anyways, you want to do insight work with the birb, Insight 4 and 5 are base 50% chances so they're the best base work probability.

You should probably pick up Big Bird at some point before you start opening Disciplinary, if possible. One of the Disciplinary missions requires you to beat up ALEPHs, and the special Birdzodia event is the most profitable way to clear that mission due to the EGO gift + gear it gives you for clearing it.

also big bird has a really good ego weapon because it can add a 1.5x modifier to any B damage dealt to a target, but it's more for the mission.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok, so had to do a few retries due to Judgment Bird killing me and one time the monk breached and then I realised how stupidly strong he is, but I managed to get through the day.

I could now choose between Parasyte Tree (which sounds awful to deal with), Silent Orchestra (gently caress OFF ALEPHS, IT'S ONLY DAY 17) or Snow Queen.

Needless to say, I went with Snow Queen.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Snow Queen is a solid choice.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Is it worth farming her EGO gift? I'm pretty sure I have at least 1-2 Fortitude 5 guys floating about.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Only do it once or twice a day since I'm sure I've heard of some people having bugs involving overdoing it, but it's second only to Knight of Despair in my 'list of ego gifts I like in the cheek slot', and 'guaranteed' is much better than '3% drop.'

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

Only do it once or twice a day since I'm sure I've heard of some people having bugs involving overdoing it, but it's second only to Knight of Despair in my 'list of ego gifts I like in the cheek slot', and 'guaranteed' is much better than '3% drop.'

I've had guys stuck in there after the second or third combat, even when sending a rescuer. It usually fixes itself when you end the day.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

I've had guys stuck in there after the second or third combat, even when sending a rescuer. It usually fixes itself when you end the day.

"There is a bug that will stick your employees in place and it's usually fixed when you end the day" is a theme that shows up with a couple of abnormalities, and feels very in general.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think I have too many justice trainers. Schadenfreude, Beauty and the Beast, Clouded Monk (though this one is touch and go and can blow up in your face) and, Today’s Shy Look. On the other hand, I think the only fortitude trainers I have are Crumbling Armor, Wall Gazer and maybe Judgment Bird. Also all my breaching abnormalities are WAW or above minus Punishing Bird.

At least I have speedy bois and gurls tho.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I think I have too many justice trainers. Schadenfreude, Beauty and the Beast, Clouded Monk (though this one is touch and go and can blow up in your face) and, Today’s Shy Look. On the other hand, I think the only fortitude trainers I have are Crumbling Armor, Wall Gazer and maybe Judgment Bird. Also all my breaching abnormalities are WAW or above minus Punishing Bird.

At least I have speedy bois and gurls tho.

Once you get its suit, consider using judgment bird to train instinct. There’s a moderate chance it might kill you, but if it doesn’t the gains will be immense. :v:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
A good agent with the child of the universe gift and the Judgement Bird set can pretty much solo Green Dusk.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

my dad posted:

It pays to pay attention to the story, because you're straight up told a way to trivially defeat that.

Ahh, that's pretty cool. I had an inkling that I could do something like that, but was't sure how to get the abnormalities actually into her rooms without killing my people. The bunker would've definitely helped with that..

I did figure out Malkuth's one after a few tries. Only had a few wipes thanks to D-04-108 and its stupid qlipoth counter mechanics.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So may have made a mistake? My safety department was full while my training department had an open space but I decided to expand the Safety Department because gently caress stronger clerks. Unfortunately, the tool abnormality I picked up didn't appear anywhere so I guess nothing changed? I was sorta excited to try out hell train but I hope I didn't screw myself majorly. Then again, I need to do Netzach's 3 people per room mission and having one less abnormality to worry about seems to be a good way of circumventing potential problems.

Also, managed to farm Judgment Bird's armor and get Snow Queen's gift on my 5 all stats employee. Time to pass around the armor and get all my units working on Fortitude and Prudence.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

It will appear the next time you open Training. Every fifth day you don’t get an anomaly, so that’s where you’ll catch up, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

jimmydalad posted:

So may have made a mistake? My safety department was full while my training department had an open space but I decided to expand the Safety Department because gently caress stronger clerks. Unfortunately, the tool abnormality I picked up didn't appear anywhere so I guess nothing changed? I was sorta excited to try out hell train but I hope I didn't screw myself majorly. Then again, I need to do Netzach's 3 people per room mission and having one less abnormality to worry about seems to be a good way of circumventing potential problems.

Also, managed to farm Judgment Bird's armor and get Snow Queen's gift on my 5 all stats employee. Time to pass around the armor and get all my units working on Fortitude and Prudence.
Enjoy your last day without hell train. :)