Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given Leviathan stuff, do you think that Jumsoon or Aseah are here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

PetraCore posted:

What do you mean? Given the mention of leaving the Heights to follow a Mistress and being friends with the wayward wolf, she's clearly in Nelly's place.

Something that stood out to me in this section of the Canto is that Nelly and Josephine are clearly loyal to different Mistresses, although Josephine seems ultimately loyal to Wuthering Heights itself as a stand-in to Joseph using God as his battering ram of judgement in the book. Given Josephine is a generation older at the least than Nelly, who still seems of an age with Hindley in Limbus Company, I'm guessing the Mistress Josephine is loyal to is Mrs. Earnshaw, which is interesting because she's such a minor character in the book because she dies when Catherine is... like, 7?

As Nelly mentions in Cathy's room, Mrs. Earnshaw is the one who sealed the basement in the first place. With the discussion of ghosts by child Catherine it makes me think the manor itself is the villain of the canto and possesses one of the golden boughs while Catherine has the other.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

LostRook posted:

As Nelly mentions in Cathy's room, Mrs. Earnshaw is the one who sealed the basement in the first place. With the discussion of ghosts by child Catherine it makes me think the manor itself is the villain of the canto and possesses one of the golden boughs while Catherine has the other.
that's a good point, Catherine only said Heathcliff gets her Bough, and Linton only mentioned buying one. Did Mrs. Earnshaw make some sort of deal with Lob Corp?

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Goatse James Bond posted:

I don't think I can bring Sinkoutis to the fight without restarting the dungeon :negative:Outlet?utis? Outler?

Butis or maybe Butlis if you are feeling kind.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Junpei posted:

Given Leviathan stuff, do you think that Jumsoon or Aseah are here?
Given Leviathan stuff, I think neither are there, because Jumsoon died and Gubo kidnapped Aseah over to the new League of Nine. I'd actually suspect that's why the Dead Rabbits are so clumsily done and none of them are as animated or lucid as Matt is. Aseah didn't invent Young-Ji's Glass Window, but he clearly shared enough details about it to the other extremely clever people in the League that Dongrang was able to build a 'pale imitation' from memory and Aseah was able to do the experiments he did in Leviathan. The Window seems to be more fragile in this use than Yi Sang's Mirror, but the problem Aseah was having in Leviathan was that Jumsoon was pushing for too many IDs too fast and breaking the test subjects. If Aseah was to make people take only one specified Identity like the kidnapped civilians who have been turned into clumsy mockeries of Dead Rabbits, I honestly think he'd do a better job. I think this is experimentation continued by Ring members who understand the technology less than Aseah did.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

PetraCore posted:

What do you mean? Given the mention of leaving the Heights to follow a Mistress and being friends with the wayward wolf, she's clearly in Nelly's place.

i thought they specified she followed edgar but I guess I skimmed too much :v:

anyway i'm kinda surprised Meursault was the gang leader and not like Lockwood but I guess Meursault is just emotionally distant rather than boring and self-absorbed

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

i thought they specified she followed edgar but I guess I skimmed too much :v:

anyway i'm kinda surprised Meursault was the gang leader and not like Lockwood but I guess Meursault is just emotionally distant rather than boring and self-absorbed
Dongrang would be Lockwood in this verse, but, well...

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Isn't Dongrang one of the background Butlers again in Outis' upgraded picture, just like in Pequod Yi Sang's.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1773565581423509632

quote:

Hello. This is Director Kim Jihoon of Project Moon.

The SD art used in Chapter 6's main story is an artwork of our current employee, who also worked on the Kujimate merchandise artworks.

I am aware that there have been certain speculations about the art style in question and its use.

Continued maligning based on those speculations is harming our fans and the employee responsible for that art style.

I hope that this notice can clarify the facts of the matter.

Please note that, should the malicious spreading of rumors regarding the art style and its use continue, we will take stern action on a company level against it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Crazy how the people who believe in insane wild conspiracies about artwork believe there's an insane wild conspiracy about artwork.

Who could have seen this coming? :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
This is about the brief chibis before the makeover, and red headband people (Korean Incels) were like "AHA VELLMORI IS STILL INVOLVED".

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
From what I've gathered from part 1, it's clear that Cathy's whole 'mirror' thing—making the butlers take the mirrors out of the manor, 'looking at herself in the mirror' when the 'guest' arrived, is referring to the capital-M Mirror. I wonder if she was shown a version of herself that's happy with Heathcliff in it, the same way Kromer supposedly saw The Faust Who Grips and patterned herself based on that. And if so, how does this whole manor play get her closer to that? Because they've clearly set up that Cathy is still around in some way with all the ghost talk, even if she's not alive per se—maybe her Identity has been forced over somebody else?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Numbus26 posted:

From what I've gathered from part 1, it's clear that Cathy's whole 'mirror' thing—making the butlers take the mirrors out of the manor, 'looking at herself in the mirror' when the 'guest' arrived, is referring to the capital-M Mirror. I wonder if she was shown a version of herself that's happy with Heathcliff in it, the same way Kromer supposedly saw The Faust Who Grips and patterned herself based on that. And if so, how does this whole manor play get her closer to that? Because they've clearly set up that Cathy is still around in some way with all the ghost talk, even if she's not alive per se—maybe her Identity has been forced over somebody else?
You know what this whole scenario reminds me of?

Kromer. Even more than you've suggested. A figure deeply entwined with the past of a Sinner is shown a vision of them through the Mirror of their "ideal" version, and then they're given the opportunity to meet said Sinner again. Kromer with going back to Sinclair's hometown just as we arrive, and Cathy with the Golden Bough. This is basically the exact same scenario as Canto 3, complete with descending beneath a manor to retrieve the Bough. Methinks that Canto 3 and Canto 6 have the same puppeteer pulling the strings...

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
May be early to call it but Cathy seems 200% more stable/sympathetic than Kromer ever was though. I don't doubt us fighting her, but it could be a Mirror Heathcliff, or Linton or Hindley getting worse.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I reckon Ghost Cathy controlling mirror Linton, Heathcliff and Hindley

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

I reckon Ghost Cathy controlling mirror Linton, Heathcliff and Hindley

That would make sense because of how much Butler Outis' story differs from the Canto. In that universe it seems like the families are colluding to hunt down Heathcliff and Hindley maybe still owns the manor. I wonder if the IDs are going to build up the backstory of the eventual boss in a way we haven't seen before.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

May be early to call it but Cathy seems 200% more stable/sympathetic than Kromer ever was though. I don't doubt us fighting her, but it could be a Mirror Heathcliff, or Linton or Hindley getting worse.
Oh, absolutely. But just like Kromer with Sinclair, Cathy sees Heathcliff as being hers. Also, y'know, if the source material is any indication their relationship was super fuckin' toxic and unhealthy and as much as they loved each other they just made each other worse. In order to move on with his life and continue his journey to being a better person, Heathcliff is going to have to leave both Cathy and Wuthering Heights behind.

And she isn't going to like that.

Edit: Actually, looking back, that's a pretty big theme of all the Cantos so far. A Sinner confronting or cutting ties with someone who controlled their life in some way - Greg with his mom, Rodya with Sonya, Sinclair with Kromer, Yi Sang with the League, Ishmael with Ahab and now Heathcliff with Cathy...

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Mar 29, 2024

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
also Rabbit Meursault is Matthew right?

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

LostRook posted:

That would make sense because of how much Butler Outis' story differs from the Canto. In that universe it seems like the families are colluding to hunt down Heathcliff and Hindley maybe still owns the manor. I wonder if the IDs are going to build up the backstory of the eventual boss in a way we haven't seen before.

It seems you were onto something. New IDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jd3lnGIGA

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Numbus26 posted:

It seems you were onto something. New IDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jd3lnGIGA
The second CG of Greg...he's surrounded by the Dead Rabbits. I'm thinking this means that this version of Heathcliff is leading the Ring against the Wuthering Heights crew.

Oooh...that's actually a really concerning thought. Perhaps the true villain of this piece is an alternate version of Heathcliff who became a Ring bigshot, colluding with our version of the Ring to infiltrate our universe and take our Heathcliff's place...?

Edit: Also RIP 4/4 Shi Ryoshu theory. You were a thing that could have been cool.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 29, 2024

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1773632477011071018

Alas.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean, aside the obvious lack of manpower/resources, it's true that dropping an April fools event in the middle of a canto would be a bit of a whiplash. :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Called it. Faust 00 butler.

That said, is Edgar Heir Gregor meant to be Linton? Cause in that case it implies we aren't actually done with him yet. Unless in that universe Gregor is more healthy than Linton.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Lt. Lizard posted:

Really loved the Ryoshu advice of " if there are people pissing you off that much, why don't you just kill them". :v:

Also was pretty surprised that she seems to have a soft spot for Heathcliff?

I agree with that and I also found Ryoshu's soft spot for Heathcliff surprising/charming but I don't think it was entirely that. When she started picking a fight with the Oufi she specifically said that something wasn't right here, and Ryoshu is both very familiar with a lot of nasty stuff and the most combat experienced of the Sinners/the only one who noticed the Shi fixers in Canto 4. Which immediately got distracted because Gregor assumed she was trying to fight for Heathcliff and then sleepytime smack and then things got weird so we never learned what it was she thought was wrong, but...

PetraCore posted:

Something that stood out to me in this section of the Canto is that Nelly and Josephine are clearly loyal to different Mistresses, although Josephine seems ultimately loyal to Wuthering Heights itself as a stand-in to Joseph using God as his battering ram of judgement in the book. Given Josephine is a generation older at the least than Nelly, who still seems of an age with Hindley in Limbus Company, I'm guessing the Mistress Josephine is loyal to is Mrs. Earnshaw, which is interesting because she's such a minor character in the book because she dies when Catherine is... like, 7?

Mrs. Earnshaw definitely seems to be shaping up to be important with her involvement sealing off the basement and whatever Mrs. Danvers/Rebecca poo poo is going on with her and Josephine. Though Heathcliff's comment about the flowers at Wuthering Heights makes it seem like both older Earnshaws were up to shady stuff. Outis' ID actually has a ton of really weird lore about what's going on with Josephine, Mrs. Earnshaw, and the basement-apparently there's...something under the house, 'hypogean waters', which Josephine is obsessed with 'drinking'. (I also like that generally names in the City are completely gender-neutral and I wouldn't have batted an eye if she was named Joseph but the old lady obsessed with tradition and the status quo has her name feminized. It's a nice touch.)

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
So, they keep going on about some kind of Hunt. Anyone got a clue about that?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Numbus26 posted:

Wasn't expecting Gregor to be the next 000 but I guess he's due for one. Gregor is somehow even more cursed than Meursault though, he hasn't had a good ID in ages

the butlers in general are pretty messed up and play into limbus' whole theme of people doing bad things in service of some vague ideal that will have made it all Worth It, in this case the fulfillment of their "contract" that can take generations. p.s it is apparently a Taboo to not work yourself to death solely for the fulfillment of some deal your great-grandpa made.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

KobunFan posted:

So, they keep going on about some kind of Hunt. Anyone got a clue about that?

I just assumed it was Heathcliff returning and everyone is all horned up to super murder him

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Dead Rabbits Meursault refers to Heathcliff as a hound, and Butis refers to the hunt being for a hound returned as a wolf.

It is curious that there is actually a banquet happening in the mirrorverse. More implications of shenanigans happening with two very different timelines affecting one another.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

LostRook posted:

Dead Rabbits Meursault refers to Heathcliff as a hound, and Butis refers to the hunt being for a hound returned as a wolf.

It is curious that there is actually a banquet happening in the mirrorverse. More implications of shenanigans happening with two very different timelines affecting one another.

(Great to see my suggestion already being in use)

And, of course, Heathcliff's EGO with Alleyway Watchdog lines up nicely there with the wolf and lightning theme.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, the ID stories are implying a world where Heathcliff came back with a single-minded focus on revenge and war, and if the timelines collide, our Heath is going to have to wrestle with the consequences of the man he might've been.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ko982byZuA

Man, Don's VA is going all-out lately.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

Beach Volley BURRRRRRR

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean, aside the obvious lack of manpower/resources, it's true that dropping an April fools event in the middle of a canto would be a bit of a whiplash. :v:

I'm suspicious that he's lying, tbh

it would be a funnier April fools that way

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Should have released the trailer ID on April First and teased Cathy Ishmael just for maximum chaos.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Thinking about what we've seen of Catherine so far, and I'm not convinced she's the villain of the Canto even if she's definitely up to some weird and shady poo poo and may or may not be dead. I'm actually leaning towards not dead, because Nelly didn't see the body and we know Linton would lie about things to conspire with her. But the Oufi involvement and dividing of assets implies she's legally dead. It's weird. I'm holding off judgement.

But going back to the villain thing, I guess for me it's more that a lot if the things we've seen so far imply the shady stuff at Wuthering Heights goes back way further than her, and whatever she's doing now, it was triggered by a conversation with her mystery visitor. Heathcliff and Cathy overidentify and blur boundaries with each other so much in the book, I kind of feel like when she was talking about how she's the only thing Heathcliff has, she means Heathcliff is the only thing she has. There's a lot going on to imply she was a deeply unhappy person even given the luxuries she had that Heathcliff lacks, and the Limbus version seems similar, with the conversation about birds. She's definitely supposed to be smart, and the Limbus version asking for a multi-purpose wrench at the age of 6 instead of a horse whip implies a strong interest in engineering, but it also kind of feels like someone very carefully presented her with information in such a way as to provoke a specific reaction from her, and we need to know who that was and how she found out about the mirror worlds.

None of this prevents her from being a villain, of course, but I get the feeling Limbus is trying to make her a fairly complex character, and if she is alive at the end of this all, I could see a couple different ways it could go. I wouldn't call her Heathcliff's primary abuser at all from what we've seen so far, but there's always time for her to dig herself deeper in that emotional hole.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Goatse James Bond posted:

I'm suspicious that he's lying, tbh

it would be a funnier April fools that way

There's at least a 35% chance.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

PetraCore posted:

Thinking about what we've seen of Catherine so far, and I'm not convinced she's the villain of the Canto even if she's definitely up to some weird and shady poo poo and may or may not be dead. I'm actually leaning towards not dead, because Nelly didn't see the body and we know Linton would lie about things to conspire with her. But the Oufi involvement and dividing of assets implies she's legally dead. It's weird. I'm holding off judgement.

But going back to the villain thing, I guess for me it's more that a lot if the things we've seen so far imply the shady stuff at Wuthering Heights goes back way further than her, and whatever she's doing now, it was triggered by a conversation with her mystery visitor. Heathcliff and Cathy overidentify and blur boundaries with each other so much in the book, I kind of feel like when she was talking about how she's the only thing Heathcliff has, she means Heathcliff is the only thing she has. There's a lot going on to imply she was a deeply unhappy person even given the luxuries she had that Heathcliff lacks, and the Limbus version seems similar, with the conversation about birds. She's definitely supposed to be smart, and the Limbus version asking for a multi-purpose wrench at the age of 6 instead of a horse whip implies a strong interest in engineering, but it also kind of feels like someone very carefully presented her with information in such a way as to provoke a specific reaction from her, and we need to know who that was and how she found out about the mirror worlds.

None of this prevents her from being a villain, of course, but I get the feeling Limbus is trying to make her a fairly complex character, and if she is alive at the end of this all, I could see a couple different ways it could go. I wouldn't call her Heathcliff's primary abuser at all from what we've seen so far, but there's always time for her to dig herself deeper in that emotional hole.

I'll agree that at the very least she isn't the mastermind in this whole thing, merely complicit in it. If she survives, she'll almost certainly end up with either of the shady antagonist groups - either N Corp or Demian. I'd lean towards N Corp.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'll agree that at the very least she isn't the mastermind in this whole thing, merely complicit in it. If she survives, she'll almost certainly end up with either of the shady antagonist groups - either N Corp or Demian. I'd lean towards N Corp.
Although it would be pretty funny if Limbus Catherine is a powerful psychic on top of the stubborn and unstable personality and obsessive nature.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Protagonists And The Weird, Unsettling Boys People Want Them To Kiss