Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
I think I restarted the most fighting against the Judgement Bird. Fighting Queen of Hatred doesn't cause me to restart that much. And there's still the Realization.

So, The Purple Tear has the ability to teleport to another floor and immediately starts combat phase after you deplete half her health. Are you supposed to anticipate that or do you just let her kill of the 2nd floor? I don't have 50 keypage fully loaded out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I think I restarted the most fighting against the Judgement Bird. Fighting Queen of Hatred doesn't cause me to restart that much. And there's still the Realization.

So, The Purple Tear has the ability to teleport to another floor and immediately starts combat phase after you deplete half her health. Are you supposed to anticipate that or do you just let her kill of the 2nd floor? I don't have 50 keypage fully loaded out.
I just let her kill the other floor then go back to beating her rear end with Gebura.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
By the way, I almost completed the game before I realized that if you click on an enemy die that could potentially clash with multiple targets (multiple of your dudes are targetting it with higher speed) a little prompt pops up and you can use tab to cycle between clash targets. I had just been laboriously making sure the last input was the one I wanted to trigger the clash with the entire game :negative:

Your Everyday NEET posted:

The floor you trigger this ability with doesn't count against you, so you can have her mow down an unlucky group of saps and then immediately resume the fight. I think I slapped together a basic ranged deck for two or three floors and got lucky.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

RoboCicero posted:

By the way, I almost completed the game before I realized that if you click on an enemy die that could potentially clash with multiple targets (multiple of your dudes are targetting it with higher speed) a little prompt pops up and you can use tab to cycle between clash targets. I had just been laboriously making sure the last input was the one I wanted to trigger the clash with the entire game :negative:

gently caress

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

RoboCicero posted:

What. Never mind almost, I did complete the game without ever noticing that.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Qrr posted:

What. Never mind almost, I did complete the game without ever noticing that.

It was added in somewhat close to the final release, iirc, until then you had to play your clash last.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Post SOTC:

So I've just made it to a point of no return. I suppose I should google the list of general guests, book em, burn all of my books and complete my realizations. After that dive right in??

Ps: fuuuuck 얀샋ㄷ요무
By far the hardest SOTC fight, with Liu #2 in second. I actually did Liu #3 on my first attempt.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

EDIT: yeah just needed to reverify the cache and it fixed itself, weird

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 19, 2021

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

IAmThatIs posted:

Post SOTC:

So I've just made it to a point of no return. I suppose I should google the list of general guests, book em, burn all of my books and complete my realizations. After that dive right in??

More or less. I'm 9 fights into the point of no return and some of these have been really interesting.

quote:

Ps: fuuuuck 얀샋ㄷ요무
By far the hardest SOTC fight, with Liu #2 in second. I actually did Liu #3 on my first attempt.

Nah, hardest fight is definitely Xiao.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

AweStriker posted:

Nah, hardest fight is definitely Xiao.

I didn't have a lot of trouble with that but to be fair I did that set of receptions last so I had all the other SOTC pages.

I suspect order of doing things has a big impact on how hard people consider fights.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GilliamYaeger posted:

I just let her kill the other floor then go back to beating her rear end with Gebura.

That's the funniest thing, like she leaves and Gebura's just like "anyways where were we" :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Acerbatus posted:

That's the funniest thing, like she leaves and Gebura's just like "anyways where were we" :v:
In my head, Iori teleporting away to beat up another completely unprepared floor will always be this with various sounds of brutal, one-sided violence playing under it.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

They can’t seriously think giving Blue Sicko ~2.5x the health Roland gets was fair…?

Hints, anyone?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

AweStriker posted:

They can’t seriously think giving Blue Sicko ~2.5x the health Roland gets was fair…?

Hints, anyone?
He may have over twice your health, but you have the power of Lone Fixer and Fervor. Health ain't poo poo compared to +4 power on everything, and those two only use 7/12 attribution points. Give yourself Locked Potential or Reindeer Treatment for even more power stacking, the haulers, Myo's Prowess/The Strongest, there's all sorts of passives that make this fight a complete joke.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Sep 20, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
He also has a lone fixer equivalent, all equipping LF does is give you parity.

Grabbing the hauler passives goes a long way, though, as does fervor.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even just slapping bloodfiendish and nothing else on it enough to do it reliably.

E: though that might have been before the nerf to crystal atelier and so on

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

AweStriker posted:

Hints, anyone?

Lone Fixer and Haulers will go a long way , yeah. You also get Abno cards, and honestly a lot of otherwise questionable Abno cards on Keter become much better in a 1v1. Enough so that you can win without passives if you can finagle your way into getting the right ones at the right time. Lone Fixer and Haulers make it a lot easier though, and if you want you can also stick on Unrelenting or something of that sort in case you do mess up and get owned.

Qrr posted:

I didn't have a lot of trouble with that but to be fair I did that set of receptions last so I had all the other SOTC pages.

I suspect order of doing things has a big impact on how hard people consider fights.

I've done SotC three times now, in a different order each time, and I still consider 얀샋ㄷ요무 the hardest fight in the tier by a fair margin. The best strategy I've found to beat it is actually to use Keter, oddly enough. With the extra 1-2 strength from Pulsation and the +4 power from Fervent Beats on one dude you can actually block Distorted Blade semi-consistently, which helps a ton.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He melts to fairy even harder than most 9d the other vulnerable bosses.

Fairy is ridiculous.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
You have to land fairy first, though, which can't be done until roughly the halfway point of the fight.

e: this is not discord, tq

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Weapons chat in the other thread reminded me that art team shenanigans forced Gaze Office to use oboes as weapons.

We should have gotten a version of the Reverb. Ensemble where every member used their corresponding musical instrument as a weapon rather than just Breman.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

You have to land fairy first, though, which can't be done until roughly the halfway point of the fight.

e: this is not discord, tq

Theres ways around that. :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

I feel like the reason the head waited so long to deal with Angela is because they knew going in before exactly when they did would result in an immediate loss for them.

Yeah it's fairly heavily implied that if Roland wasn't exhausted and near-dead he would have, at the very least, been a massive pain in the rear end to take out before even adding in the other two. Put a whole library on top of that and they just would've ate poo poo, and an Arbiter getting booked memories-intact would be a huge fuckin problem for the Head.

I don't think they expected Binah to actually turn her coat too given how Zena suddenly gets a lot less smug when The Alpha Smuglord shows up to laugh at her. Libraryportation aside the Head kind of got hosed on this whole exchange.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

It goes beyond even that. Remember, anyone entering the library is quantized on entry and copied in order to allow for refights and the creation of books. The head could not enter without giving their secrets away, and even if Angela didn’t know that, they probably did.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

It goes beyond even that. Remember, anyone entering the library is quantized on entry and copied in order to allow for refights and the creation of books. The head could not enter without giving their secrets away, and even if Angela didn’t know that, they probably did.

I'm not sure I agree that refights are an actual thing in canon that happen outside of gameplay convenience. And after you beat the game, can't you retry the last fight over and over too?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

WarpedLichen posted:

I'm not sure I agree that refights are an actual thing in canon that happen outside of gameplay convenience. And after you beat the game, can't you retry the last fight over and over too?

they love to narratively explain game mechanics over there, did it over and over in lob corp. anyway nothing after the game counts because if you're following the story you shouldn't have any books left at all, but of course they couldn't do that because people would've lost their minds. they even thought about doing a big nier-esque show of your entire inventory being deleted.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

WarpedLichen posted:

Hokma talks about it after one of his Abnormality fights. It's almost certainly the same technology behind Librarians/Agents being able to be copied from stasis, enabling them to die over and over and over.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

lets hang out posted:

they even thought about doing a big nier-esque show of your entire inventory being deleted.

honestly I'm not sure if I would have loved or hated this, and I think that means they should have done it. :v:

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Hokma talks about it after one of his Abnormality fights. It's almost certainly the same technology behind Librarians/Agents being able to be copied from stasis, enabling them to die over and over and over.

I remember the parts about everybody being converted into the light when entering library space but I don't recall any explanation of the refights in the plot. Also that would kinda mess up all the times people were able to run out of the library like San and Phillip.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

WarpedLichen posted:

I remember the parts about everybody being converted into the light when entering library space but I don't recall any explanation of the refights in the plot. Also that would kinda mess up all the times people were able to run out of the library like San and Phillip.

Those people escape because the Library lets them escape.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

That said, Binah was extremely confident that Angela had no means of getting any secrets out of her so maybe those who serve the Head and know confidential things are protected in some way

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Can't believe I beat fire Lu Bu and the Korean monster on first try.

Xiao's keypage is just silly. she still has access to her EGO and are able to transform twice and also carry a great number of EGO pages.

All that's left is the RRR rematch and it's silly 4 acts 2 floors before I can access the final chapter.

Killing them with Myongest Yesod doubles their book drop and instantly grants their keypages. He's so good.

NotteBoy97
Aug 17, 2021
I feel like with the Lock Singularity seeming to be able to auto-Lock brain/memories the Head doesn't want others to have in Binah/Garion when she fails that the Library wouldn't be able to get any too high secrets even if they somehow managed to beat down an Arbiter. The real issue would be the Library now having an Arbiter Key Page to equip and semi-access to what Singularities the Arbiter had which going by Binah's bullshit is pretty OP.

But anyways I feel like the Head less attacked the Library at its lowest moment because that was their only chance (I feel like they could had stomped it way earlier if it wanted to even accounting for the invitation storage trick) and more because Angela/the Library proved that she was going to be a problem instead of just another resident of the City as the Pale Librarian who would eventually lead to the Fixers becoming Bookhunters. I feel like the Head had an idea of the possible paths the Library could had gone down like Iori did and when Angela and Roland basically got their Golden Ending of both sparing and saving each other breaking the Cycle of the City without fading away it meant that the Head now had to act. While before they (the Library) could had collapsed without any action or greater effect on the City now it was a threat to 'closing the door' whatever that means.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

NotteBoy97 posted:

I feel like with the Lock Singularity seeming to be able to auto-Lock brain/memories the Head doesn't want others to have in Binah/Garion when she fails that the Library wouldn't be able to get any too high secrets even if they somehow managed to beat down an Arbiter. The real issue would be the Library now having an Arbiter Key Page to equip and semi-access to what Singularities the Arbiter had which going by Binah's bullshit is pretty OP.

But anyways I feel like the Head less attacked the Library at its lowest moment because that was their only chance (I feel like they could had stomped it way earlier if it wanted to even accounting for the invitation storage trick) and more because Angela/the Library proved that she was going to be a problem instead of just another resident of the City as the Pale Librarian who would eventually lead to the Fixers becoming Bookhunters. I feel like the Head had an idea of the possible paths the Library could had gone down like Iori did and when Angela and Roland basically got their Golden Ending of both sparing and saving each other breaking the Cycle of the City without fading away it meant that the Head now had to act. While before they (the Library) could had collapsed without any action or greater effect on the City now it was a threat to 'closing the door' whatever that means.

I feel like it's both. They attacked then because 1. Angela chose not to become human, meaning that by whatever mysterious metric the Head runs off she became a threat to the City itself whereas beforehand she was on the road to becoming human which the Head found acceptable, 2. the Library's defenses were down and thus they wouldn't get roflstomped trying to assault it (as strong as Zena and Baral were they wouldn't have stood a chance against a full power endgame Library - Chesed, Strongest Yesod or Mountain of Corpses Gebura would have stomped them. The Library's support in the form of passive attribution, Abnormality pages and EGO is a big loving deal) and 3. they wouldn't get scanned and copied the moment they set foot in the Library, thus preventing any information leakage. Everything I've seen about the Head tells me that they don't fight fair, and waiting for an opponent to be weakened or let their guard down before striking is completely in-character, and even against a weakened Library they hedged their bets and arranged for them to be YEETed out into the Outskirts in case the assault didn't pan out.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 21, 2021

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
Welp, after getting RNG screwed back to Sayo's fight on the long conga line to refight Distorted Yan and get another crack at getting more Impurity cards, I think I'm just going to sit on things until TQ's LP finishes the game. Watching Dice that have only one possible roll to screw up and lose... and do it for an entire reception... for SEVERAL receptions... I'm just done trying for now.

I could make attempts at the Blue Reverb, but that's just more getting pounded into dirt, since I did make an attempt at a few of the first layer.

Tip's Realization has also been grinding me into the dirt. If I'm lucky, Nihil's Greed form stuffs my fight, or I end up unlucky am unable to even get to that fight. I know it's meant to be done before impurity, but I found Religion's Realization to be easier.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Xenav posted:

Welp, after getting RNG screwed back to Sayo's fight on the long conga line to refight Distorted Yan and get another crack at getting more Impurity cards, I think I'm just going to sit on things until TQ's LP finishes the game. Watching Dice that have only one possible roll to screw up and lose... and do it for an entire reception... for SEVERAL receptions... I'm just done trying for now.

I could make attempts at the Blue Reverb, but that's just more getting pounded into dirt, since I did make an attempt at a few of the first layer.

Tip's Realization has also been grinding me into the dirt. If I'm lucky, Nihil's Greed form stuffs my fight, or I end up unlucky am unable to even get to that fight. I know it's meant to be done before impurity, but I found Religion's Realization to be easier.

Blue Reverb isn't that bad if you know that (spoiler for the fight)he bails when he hits half health, changing his effective hp from a ridiculous 500 to a much more manageable 250, making focus firing him to remove him from the fight ASAP the correct solution as opposed to taking down the adds first and letting him build up emotion levels

Also, the I wholeheartedly recommend using the no-grind mod, the drop rates in IC are bullshit and making you have to grind for pages is the single worst decision PM has made by a huge marigin.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 21, 2021

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
gently caress, quote =/= edit

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Aumanor posted:

Blue Reverb isn't that bad if you know that (spoiler for the fight)he bails when he hits half health, changing his effective hp from a ridiculous 500 to a much more manageable 250, making focus firing him to remove him from the fight ASAP the correct solution as opposed to taking down the adds first and letting him build up emotion levels

Taken that Xenav is at Impurity already, it's pretty safe to say it's not the Blue Reverb fight at SotC that is being referred to :v:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Theantero posted:

Taken that Xenav is at Impurity already, it's pretty safe to say it's not the Blue Reverb fight at SotC that is being referred to :v:

gently caress, reading comprehension, my greatest enemy:arghfist:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

Yeah it's fairly heavily implied that if Roland wasn't exhausted and near-dead he would have, at the very least, been a massive pain in the rear end to take out before even adding in the other two. Put a whole library on top of that and they just would've ate poo poo, and an Arbiter getting booked memories-intact would be a huge fuckin problem for the Head.

I don't think they expected Binah to actually turn her coat too given how Zena suddenly gets a lot less smug when The Alpha Smuglord shows up to laugh at her. Libraryportation aside the Head kind of got hosed on this whole exchange.

I mean, if the head cared they have more than one arbiter and claw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Xenav posted:

During the last phase, every girl spams hope, every turn. This gives them all a +8 strength to all dice, making it kind of a cinematic boss.