Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly that fight is obnoxious and beating it came down to mostly luck. I don't think there's a particularly easy way to cheese it, but you can set yourself up pretty well.

The only real trick for the fight is to soup up Gebura, which the #1 strat is to stick Myo's pages speed power on her and let the infinite speed die having +5 carry you. Make sure one of you guys has the Nikolai page, since the marked effect makes everyone hit your target extremely hard. For Gebura, makes sure your using three spears and three level slashes because they'll cover your damage for the whole fight. I ran a single onrush, sturdy defense, and overcome odds because you need draw. The first fight is definitely the hardest part, and it took me half a dozen tries to get through, but you just have to get the wolf low and ease off. Sturdy defense is super good here, since it'll eat up a lot of dice without threatening too much damage, but Hood getting the last hit basically came down to luck more often then not. It seemed worth it to let Hood get hits in on your with her AOE since it'll make her more likely to hit her dice and doesn't do much damage. If hood doesn't get the last hit, just restart since it's painful as hell to actually target her dice and sets you up to gently caress up the second phase since it wants you to burn your strong cards to kill hood fast.

Beware the second phase, since it'll basically punish you for burning down the first phase too quickly, since you need to poo poo out 350 stagger with one of your assistants missing or lose them. Also, if you use gebura's manifest ego in this phase, the wolf can start a solo fight with an assistant and you'll lose the buff for the whole fight.

So yeah, I could never find a cheese strat for the first phase outside of the two giant R-Corp buffs, but once you get past it, fully loaded gebura will basically solo the rest of the realization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I found that the slash portion of purple lady is a great place to stick the 3x rapid gashes / 3x clone / 3x unlock gimmick deck, which is both a very powerful and very silly combo that outputs tons of damage

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, paralysis stacking is the only real strategy for Red. Outside of that, it's okay to let red take hits if you can't get good clashes off, if it's still early in the fight feel free to block red's mass attack, and just restart if you take a lot of damage too early. It's a very finicky fight, and I had more then a few restarts because a handful of damage pushed too far, or Red whiffing the roll on what would be a kill shot. Red herself is a huge pain to fight, so if you accidentally get the kill it's better to just restart. Luckily, the rest of the floor is much more straightforward.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I'd like to correct an above poster, it's very very important to run Kim's signature card and lose with it a lot, because that's how you get his bamboo hat and it is siiiiiiiiick.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah all the W-corp ID stuff is standard, but as far as related stuff that's missable, I think there's a telepole ego or two that's behind the battle pass.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah afaik the city is a megapolis, with 26 nests each the size of major irl cities, surrounded by suburbs towns and what-have-you, which are in turn surrounded by the backstreets, lawless slum areas. The City is atleast the size of a modern country, probably south korea for scale, surrounded by horrible wastelands called the outskirts. It’s unknown and unlikely there’s any other civilization out past that.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Does anybody know what the daily bonus for the thread luxcavations actually gives, it's really unclear.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
60th pull on the Hong Lu banner. I have pulled 4 000 identities from this banner, and like 3 egos. I am incredibly lucky.

None of the identities have been Hong Lu. I want the stupid tingtang murder machine. I don't care that kurokumo is probably just as good, I want the one who's face is on the banner. I have all the other season 1 faces, they all fell out of the magic internet gumball machine before him. Give me my pollyanna bishie murder machine project moon, it's all I want

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
The event dungeon was a lazy copy paste of a single mirror dungeon level, with two events that had objectively correct responses, and the entire thing could be beaten by a mediocre team spamming the auto button, except the boss who was a jerk.

There was nothing to the level worth remembering. The story stuff was pretty funny though

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I liked the new system, it rewarded a slower and more deliberate style of play where managing sanity was an actual thing. I think it's a much cooler style of play that can make just slamming the win clash button suboptimal and that actual complexity to the combat system is really important to me maintaining interest in the game.

I hope their new system keeps adding volatility to the sanity meter to make the steamroll +45 something you have to aim at and -45 something that needs to be played around.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I keep rolling on this lovely banner hoping for this Rodion i'm not sure i'll ever use. Finally, on the 7th roll, I see a gold pull!

It's W mersault, and my eyes roll in to the back of my head. Then a second gold pops out, and by god it's R-Heathcliffs music.

Now i'm watching my little rabbit boy gun down everything everywhere, and holy crap there was 0 exaggeration about how much poo poo he kicks.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I started enjoying the mirror dungeons a lot more once I realized that basically any combination of sinners ids will clear them with minimal effort, and I should just pick random ID's and watch the animations. It went from tedious to mildly interesting, since there's a lot of love in the animations of this game.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, the boss took me two tries and some rereading to get down, because a couple of their skill interactions spell teamwipe if you're not careful. You could take it down in one try with blind luck and a super straightforward approach, because the mechanics of the fight snowball quickly but require you to lose clashes to see them.

It's a very cool, very interesting fight, but if you're lucky and the boss is not you can definitely cruise control through it.

If and when they beef her stats in the railway, it's going to be a ridiculous fight.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010

Irony.or.Death posted:

I mean this is the issue I'm talking about, these two lines don't work together. This might just be a personal preference thing, but if "win all the clashes and you're fine" is the strategy, as it is for almost every other piece of content in the game, how can it be an interesting fight? You just take the moves that give you the best odds of winning all the clashes, and there's a one-button approach to that in the interface (which granted isn't perfect, but plenty good for this).

It's a fundamental problem of any all or nothing system, and the auto-fight button highlights it. For the boss to use, what I consider, its interesting and cool mechanics, it has to win a clash, which in its most basic form is flipping a heads versus you flipping a tails, a 25% chance. This is mitigated only if there's a significant number of relevant coins being flipped, but still leaves a high chance that the mechanics simply do not come in to play. Exacerbating this is that limbus has a bunch of snowball mechanics, making sure the winning side stays winning.

The ideal for the fight is that you are forced to engage with the mechanics, unable to outpower them because the numbers are too high or they're unavoidable, and you have to make lots of loss minimizing decisions while you grind out the bosses HP bar, but the reality is that limbus is a rpg style game and this is content pretty much everyone is required to clear and it can't require optimal stats or play or you put up a huge roadblock to people who haven't been grinding those out. For a player with suboptimal ID's and a non max level team, the ability to reduce the difficulty of the fight just by grinding and getting a bit lucky is a huge boon. The fight is simply not adjusted for a maxed out player, and you can muscle through it because of how the games set up.

The railway will be set up for a more optimized team, and that's where they can set up higher stat fights that enforce tradeoffs for what clashes what, but the story content isn't built around that and as a consequence someone with a strong team can mash the win button until it's done.

Onehandclapping fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 11, 2023

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Offhand I think it was Nfaust Nclair RHeath GGreg WDon RoseRodya and Chefryo, all between levels 30-35. It was all grinded out powerful bullshit and the biggest impediment to just hitting the winrate button was that the targeting can be terrible.

I lost the first time because I thought I could AOE clear the trees during the duel phase and didn't target the boss, but outpowering the clashes was barely an issue.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I like samjo dying for no particular reason other then to lick his bosses boot a little harder.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
There is still about a 1 hour window to grind out 3 extra bonus mirror dungeon weeklies if you're so inclined, because they'll reset in the new update. I did it in about 45 minutes, it was a nice final hurrah for the content.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
My personal leaning for a hard run would be a burn team, with the 3 Liu 00 boys, the new ishmael, and chef ryoshu to start. Burn's a really good self contained status that doesn't require much thought or input for sizeable damage, and all 3 00 are solid picks with decent to great starting ego, with mersault's being an all star boss killer and gregor's being a 20 point swap for ledgerdomain. Chef Ryoshu is really good in general, extremely high damage and covers slash and pierce well, and her healing passive puts in good work all the time. I'd probably sideline the lcb heathcliff and outis, because base outis is a great clasher always and can upgrade into 7outis, and base heath is mediocre but upgrades into Rheath who's an all around god.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I'm messing around with a full burn team led by Lishmael and it's owning incredibly hard.

Luishmael is a great identity, lots of coins, good color spread, tanky body with high HP and stagger bars, and of singular and utmost importance, her animations are incredibly snappy with no wasted time. 11/10 Liushy respects your time and looks really cool doing it.

As far as the burn team goes, it's pretty effective. The Liu 00 identities are all fairly mediocre individually, but with all 4 of them together the passives and resonances for red and orange are going off every single turn, kicking off some wicked burn synergies and killing everything in a wonderful blaze. With a single burn relic, the team is pushing 15+ burn on every enemy every single turn, and one rounding almost every blunt-weak enemy, which quickly became enough to just auto roll every fight.

Burn team is looking solid now, and they have a very stylish way of fighting that's fun to look at, especially when they're all popping off at once and it's a big brawl fire beatdown. IshLiu is a great capstone to it, and i'm glad that PM is finally rounding out status effect teams. I highly recommend giving it a whirl

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah SaltyR has a neat niche. He's a fast tank, so he can go in and absorb a bad clash, or he can set up a bleed count for a slower, squishier ID to get some big bleed numbers into. Not especially useful in human fights, but should be a really cool tech for abnormality fights. I do love me status synergy sinners, so I hope they keep rolling in.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Depends on what 000's you're planning on bringing along, because synergistic status effects generally make everyone a lot stronger then their numbers would suggest. If you're looking for just generally strong and self-sufficient 00's, i'd suggest starting with LCCB ishmael and lob corp faust as strong, self-sufficient hitters, then either of the rosespanner 00's. Both are tremor bursters with decent numbers, Rosegreg is high damage, mid survivability, and Rosesault is the opposite. KKlu can be a free roll due to his skill 2 being absolutely insane, but he can struggle in clashes and really wants to get one sided attacks in.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010

Arzaac posted:

God that final skill seems so incredibly stupid to me. At 45 sanity every turn goes well; I can't imagine trading that for a future where there's a 5% chance of just instantly losing an entire round of clashes

According to some nutjob on reddit who grinded out all the MD points and tested it, It's apparently a mistranslation, and the effect will cause every coin to solidly flip whichever way is beneficial, so Nclair will always roll tails and everyone else will roll heads. It's exclusively beneficial, basically always win the clash your pointed at.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah, trying out hard mode and it does not gently caress around. Everything starts with big buffs and sanity can be slow to roll in, so winning the initial clashes is ultra important or you'll lose a ton of health before you get anywhere, so I restarted 3-4 times before I had a run I was comfortable with. The inquisitors are far and away the most dangerous enemies, but they're always in blunt weak areas so it's best to avoid them whenever possible. You see a shop immediately on the second floor, so buy a 000 there to fill out your roster. Then on the 3rd floor you can swap in more 000 to replace your 00. The enemy rolls are stupid high, so throwing the best Ids you got at them seems very important. Ego usage is also very important, being liberal with them will buy you a lot of HP and time.

Once again Rheath is a superstar, but the incidental healing from ChefRyo and Ggreg will do a lot to cover for any hits that slip through.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Hard mode is an incredibly punishing and made me pull out a billion tricks, get sweaty at what's usually the most trivial parts of the game, and interact with the systems I usually ignore.

It's fantastic

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Electrocentipede is probably the easiest 5th floor boss.

I actually managed to 3 round this one. If you can burn 2k hp in two turns, it just dies immediately because it doesn't build up charges.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Chef gregor, mariachi sinclair, base rodya and base hong lu are all really good sideliners, absolutely worth pulling them out with open slots.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
There appears to be a bug in mirror dungeons, where if a K corp super soldier gets staggered, the next turn will never start.

This ends your mirror dungeon run, because Mega K Corpers can't die the first time they get staggered.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Man I love the new don ID.

Don finally gets to live her best life, an arbitrary asskicker for justice patrolling the streets like a superhero.

I don't know if it's good or not, but Don's happy as can be and that's what matters.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
:colbert: Impending day is great because I forget about it until Nclair corrupts and blows up heathcliff in a single hit and it makes me laugh every time

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly the most striking thing to me about this is how it played out exactly like a story in their games go; brownshirts banging on the door with insane demands backed by implicit violence, management makes the reasonable but spineless decision, and the heart and soul of the company go right out the window while the company itself trucks on like a zombie.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah I'm personally in the wait and see camp atm. Pmoon made a really poo poo decision in a hurry, and there's time to let the dust settle and make amends. If they double down on being lovely or pandering to the same poo poo crowd that started this, or just try to pretend it never happened and do nothing, then I'll walk away and move on to less hypocritically poo poo developers.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Wmersault goes from complete garbage to downright usable, so probably him.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah the regen node does a lot of heavy lifting once you have it, and healing becomes really nice to have instead of downright mandatory.

You'll still get a lot of work out of chef Ryo if you bring her though, you tend to pick up more damage then the talent can really heal.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah lots of status effects just don’t apply in a significant fashion without some serious ego or id enablers, so effects like rupture are just floating until they get them.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Honestly after playing around with charge teams, Wsault and Waust are completely superfluous to actually killing things or getting charge up. Both IDs have really mediocre charge generation and clash coins, so you're really bringing them along for their amazing EGO, which you can slot in on one of their better IDs.

OTOH, theming is important and the difference is marginal on a 5+ person team anyway, so rock that Wcorp flair.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Most the ID uptie 4's are marginal and only really matter if you're trying to get a gimmick team going, with charge being the ur-example. If you're just aiming at pure power, then you should uptie the EGO that gain multitargets and big effects, like fluid sack faust, which gains 5 aoe and total refund of it's sanity cost, or telepole don which gains 3 AOE and triples its charge output. They have big, flashy effects that uptie 4 effectively multiplies and changes them from clash winning supermoves to fight ending supermoves.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Sinking is super pushed on the first two fights, with a +1 to all application and a limit to the amount of bleed and burn you can apply, but the third fight limits sinking and pushes bleed so there's probably a balance of status effects to optimize and you don't need to go all in on sinking.

I've seen the first three bosses, and in order of type and tactics:

1. The talisman dummy, with its stats boosted up to MD2H levels so you have to actually interact with the mechanics to win. Weak to sinking, strong against bleed, and super punishes you for burn by burning you back. The goal is to balance the talismans it gives you for the first couple turns so that they're only on 3, maybe 4 people, then hand them all back on the defense phase. It's parts are weak to blunt but strong against slash.

I think Rishmael and faust are the obvious all stars for this fight, Rishmael because she's a huge blunt clasher, and faust because she brings fluid sack which lets you get your sinners up to max sanity really easily.

2. A steampunk robot, from the nixie divergence random event. It's got pretty much the same strengths and weaknesses as the talisman man, with some interesting mechanics around turns taken in the fight and overall in the railway. It's got two parts, the body and the steam gun, and it's alternating between high damage and fragile and low damage and protection depending on what turn the railway clock is on. It's building up poise for a big shot with the gun, but the gun has relatively low hp, is breakable, and it loses poise as you hit the gun, so the goal is to kill the gun asap. It felt like a freebie fight imho, but they'll all gain more mechanics after loops so maybe it'll build up.

3. The sunshower fox. Seems pretty much the same as the MD2H version, but it limits total sinking, buffs bleeding, and is weak to pierce and slash. Haven't had the chance to fight it today, but it just seems like a curveball to keep you alternating your team.

As far as team composition goes, specialized ID's are almost certainly going to be the way to go in both damage types and status application, then picking for clash power and damage. That means the R-corp are a shoe in since they have all that in spades. Then bringing a good faust, either Laust or Grippyfaust, is going to be basically mandatory, since she has fluid sack and it's basically indisputably the best ego in the game, between high damage and giving your whole team sanity and healing.

Sinking and bleed are the easiest types to fit in, since Rsault and Rish are both pillars for the types, so it's probably Kkonglu and either Kkryo or chefryo for bleed, and Spiceysang, Goutis, and Rosedya with rimeshank for sinking.

Then for Don there's options, since Wdon is an allstar for getting charge up and doing big hits, but she could also go Cinqdon since she has time to build up duels and win clashes hard.

Gregor is probably best as Zweigor tanking hits, but I could see there being a burn hating boss that Liugreg can shine against.

Last is Gripclair, who's just the best ID he has and does a bit of burn and a lot of damage.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Finally finished up the RR with a respectable 133, i've been picking at this drat railroad since it came out since a couple bosses really sucked out my will to live, but I really wanted those pull tickets in the hopes that tremor faust is good and I can focus on the best part of this game, grinding up gimmick mirror dungeon teams.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I pull all the time, it's not like there's been a good reason to save lunacy before now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
MurderFaust has a very important niche of being a good tremor ID, thus lowering the number of crap tremor IDs i need to bring to a tremor team.