Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
Welp, after getting RNG screwed back to Sayo's fight on the long conga line to refight Distorted Yan and get another crack at getting more Impurity cards, I think I'm just going to sit on things until TQ's LP finishes the game. Watching Dice that have only one possible roll to screw up and lose... and do it for an entire reception... for SEVERAL receptions... I'm just done trying for now.

I could make attempts at the Blue Reverb, but that's just more getting pounded into dirt, since I did make an attempt at a few of the first layer.

Tip's Realization has also been grinding me into the dirt. If I'm lucky, Nihil's Greed form stuffs my fight, or I end up unlucky am unable to even get to that fight. I know it's meant to be done before impurity, but I found Religion's Realization to be easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...

TeeQueue posted:

During the last phase, every girl spams hope, every turn.
Assuming I'm able to every turn. I tend to not. I know the hand limit is 8, and I've seen myself always keep the same 8 cards in hand when trying for the 9th one with a deck setup to be able to cycle 4 cards with enough Light Regain and Draw power to keep an action/light positive.

People I play games with can attest to my god awful luck. I know the response from some could be "Why are you playing a game that is heavy RNG based when you know you don't RNG?" Answer? Beats me.

Arcvasti posted:

It's not quite that high, because they won't draw Hope every turn, but yeah it helps a lot.
I figured enough to make sure I know what I'm using and how those tools work. I also can say "Screw the mechanics as intended." And win certain fights by NEVER adhering to their gimick, like Big Bird.

quote:

Justice is the mvp in this fight, because her %hp damage can actually hurt Nihil even with -5 power, and her deck only has four cards so she's by far the most reliable Hope spammer.
At least that +4 power average I had was helping when I was rolling below the average each time I've tried! I think last time, I actually got all 5 to the fight, which is bad, and then I got stuffed.

That run was a TON of fun! :shepicide: