Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So Library of Ruina has been my latest obsession and though it took me a long while to understand the mechanics, everything just eventually clicked into place.

I was glad to see abnormalities make their return but man Forsaken Murderer was an absolute pain in the rear end and took numerous tries for me to defeat. On the other hand, Today’s Shy Look was pretty easy and is absurdly strong once you can use it.

I’ve yet to defeat Love Town and oh my god that story is so loving dark. The game in general is pretty dark and helps paint the image that the world is terrible.

Plus the opening song of Library of Ruina is soooooo good. I always let it play when it comes on.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So I decided to play Lobotomy Corp and managed to get O-02-56 as my first anomaly :allears:.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I feel like I'm just waiting for something to go wrong. My first abnormalities are Punishing Bird, Today's Shy Look and Mirror of Readjustment which frankly seems absurd. Granted, I've had to restart a day or two because Today's Shy Look would suddenly change to negative just as my workers go in and promptly kills them but being able to train Justice more than makes up for it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

Honestly, after the events of the thread so far I'm starting to feel like if you get Mirror in the opening you might not want to get a Justice trainer early. Since Justice is more expensive to buy than the other 3 stats, the idea would be to train those stats and move them into Justice via mirror. Then again... it's good to have an option available to train when the mirror spins you into a 3/2/3/1 or something, so it's like...

I'm conflicted, but my lizard brain still says JUSTICE GOOD, so I guess I'll stick with that. :v:

edit: and now that I've RETHOUGHT about it, justice getting reduced to 1 is horrible without a quick way to farm it back up and contribute to your training, so yes JUSTICE GOOD is probably the correct play.

I swear I'm good at this game, you guys. :eng99:

So I used the mirror a bunch and somehow, I managed to have one of my agents roll into a 4 Justice. Time to boost their stats with the LOB I've accumulated cause everything else was like 1 or 2.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think I picked up another Justice trainer by accident? I spent research on F-02-44 and apparently repression is good on them? I've never seen them before. Also one of my agents got killed by Crimson Dawn so I needed to restart. Is there a way to tell how much health they have or is it a case of needing to research it?

EDIT: NEVER MIND. I sent in my super agent and they promptly got murdered. RESET.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 27, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok, that was nightmarish. I can already tell this abnormality is going to be a pain. Also, the only abnormality I have that can escape at the moment is Punishing Bird, but they haven't escaped yet.

I thought it would be more scary to learn about how to play the game, but it's turning out to be not that bad to learn and it's pretty enjoyable minus the whole "employees dying and having to reset the day".

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

OH GOD I GOT WALL GAZER AND IT KEEPS JUMP SCARING ME AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Okay, so basically I accidentally sent a Temperance 1 person to work on Wall Gazer who proceeded to lose their mind. Punishing Bird had also escaped and then everyone in the facility started losing their minds when I tried to suppress my first crazy agent then another went crazy and ended up killing them and it all blew up in flames. I hate Wall Gazer.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think the agent had higher stats, but I can't remember for certain. Luckily, my workers have high enough Fortitude that I can use red work on Wall Gazer and succeed most of the time. So I've got some weird Samurai armour and a heart now. Not the worst department, but now I've got to do attachment work for Yesod's quest and there's no way in hell I'm doing any attachment work with Wall Gazer and also the samurai armour kills anyone doing attachment work while given it's boost so I'm guessing attachment is not a thing in my Information Department.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So I got Warm-Hearted Woodsman who proceeded to kill me instantly because I sent in a Temperance 3 agent at the beginning and now I've got Laetitia who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life.

EDIT: So I just got Violet Noon :stonk: One of them spawned in base room of the training room and instakilled my entire team there. What in the actual gently caress.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 27, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

How do you deal with Green Noons? I thought I had decent gear but I just ended up getting decimated by them when they appeared.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Is it weird to be stressed yet enjoy the game? After my first session, I really need a moment to compose myself and calm down. The game is so good at eliciting tension out of spinning a billion plates and trying to keep them all up. Then the abnormalities can be terrifying such as Wall Gazer that scare the life out of me. It’s a type of horror I haven’t experienced as you try to keep everything running and dreading when you know it’s all going to fall apart.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Honestly, I really like how the energy system is implemented. Sure, you could complete the day early and suffer minimal casualties. However, you're missing out on researching and exploiting the abnormalities. It's really a push your luck mechanic where you just keep going, knowing you're putting yourself in more danger but if you just do that little bit extra, you could get that EGO or get more information about a new abnormality in your facility. Trying to tow the line between farming and death is stressful but exhilarating as hell.

EDIT: Green Noon happened again and I only managed to lose 1 person who had their stats shifted from the mirror to give them 18 fortitude. I just decided to accept losses at that point because he wasn't a top priority. I did have my Justice 4 agent running around killing the Noons though.

Now I've got the suppress 4 anomalies for Hod and I've only got Clouded Monk and Warm-Hearted Woodsman for my breaching abnormalities, minus Punishing Bird but not gonna be suppressing that. Laetitia is ridiculously good and basically exists to boost employee's Temperance to 5. I'm very hesitant to work the Woodsman because I've had times where I didn't even know when its Qliphort dropped and my employee suddenly got murdered. It could have possibly been the Crimson Moon but I thought I killed the little bastard fast enough for it not to resolve.

Also, now I've got the music box but I opened the Safety department with only it inside. Is it worth having anyone work in safety or can I just focus on departments that have people in it?

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 27, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I love Lobotomy but I’m scared of it getting even harder. I’m already feeling like I’m barely making it through a day and I know it’s just gonna get worse with more abnormalities. It’s so good but I don’t know if good at it.

Why can’t all abnormalities be like Laetitia? The woodsman terrifies me, the monk has driven my characters crazy multiple times and Wall Gazer, while not a problem anymore, still freaks me out and gives me heart attacks thinking about its Qliphorts depleting. Like, I get why because otherwise it wouldn’t be much of a game and I do enjoy the ability this game gives to terrify me.

I’m not ready for dusks. All the noons sans Purple noon already kill me.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I wish I didn’t pick up the Woodsman. One mistake and you pretty much say bye to an employee if he gets hit with a Qliphort Meltdown. Is it recommended to have lemmings to sacrifice so I can suppress him for Hod’s mission or should I just wait for more anomalies?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Attention tax is rough. As the game progresses, I’m finding it harder to use Today’s Shy Look because I need my attention to be elsewhere. I’m glad I don’t have Old Lady or I could go crazy.

With Child of Galaxy, does his pebble carry between days? If so, does that mean that you just have one employee perpetually spending time with him?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Also, is the stupid monk good for working Justice? I tried doing it once cause I saw the chance as common/not totally awful but then he proceeded to drive my employee crazy.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Oh yeah, my employee that got Justice 4 also got the Crumbling Armour gift so I guess their Temperance is stuck at 3. I mean, I have the mirror, but I don’t want to lose out on that Justice IV.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Question about Nezatch's first mission: Do clerk deaths count when it says end the day without any deaths? If so, then gently caress my life.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Awesome! Also, I managed to pick up Judgment Bird. How much of a bad idea is that?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

OOH. :unsmigghh:

YES. YES. see, in my first playthrough JB was my first WAW so I have feelings about it.

You should be able to work it 1-2 times per meltdown using a maxed temperance agent in 1.5x pale armor. You may need to reset if your luck is bad.

You want to get its gear.

Its gear is incredible. It is ALEPH-tier. It makes everything safe and warm, and makes future works with it free.

I love Judgment birb.

Oh really? I have 1.5 pale armor and a few temperance 5 agents because of Laetitia (who is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life). What type of work should I be aiming for with the bird?

I think my choices were Judgment Bird, Der Freischütz and some awful one (I think Don't Touch Me) so I'm glad I didn't make the wrong decision.

When/Should I pick up Big Bird?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ok, so had to do a few retries due to Judgment Bird killing me and one time the monk breached and then I realised how stupidly strong he is, but I managed to get through the day.

I could now choose between Parasyte Tree (which sounds awful to deal with), Silent Orchestra (gently caress OFF ALEPHS, IT'S ONLY DAY 17) or Snow Queen.

Needless to say, I went with Snow Queen.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Is it worth farming her EGO gift? I'm pretty sure I have at least 1-2 Fortitude 5 guys floating about.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think I have too many justice trainers. Schadenfreude, Beauty and the Beast, Clouded Monk (though this one is touch and go and can blow up in your face) and, Today’s Shy Look. On the other hand, I think the only fortitude trainers I have are Crumbling Armor, Wall Gazer and maybe Judgment Bird. Also all my breaching abnormalities are WAW or above minus Punishing Bird.

At least I have speedy bois and gurls tho.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So may have made a mistake? My safety department was full while my training department had an open space but I decided to expand the Safety Department because gently caress stronger clerks. Unfortunately, the tool abnormality I picked up didn't appear anywhere so I guess nothing changed? I was sorta excited to try out hell train but I hope I didn't screw myself majorly. Then again, I need to do Netzach's 3 people per room mission and having one less abnormality to worry about seems to be a good way of circumventing potential problems.

Also, managed to farm Judgment Bird's armor and get Snow Queen's gift on my 5 all stats employee. Time to pass around the armor and get all my units working on Fortitude and Prudence.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

pumpinglemma posted:

Enjoy your last day without hell train. :)

It was either Hell Train, the stupid bracelet or Behaviour adjustment, which I don’t need cause I’ve got a billion Insight trainers. Feel like it was a bit of a Sophie’s choice.

EDIT: I’m getting worried about my lack of breaching abnormalities. Punishing Bird, Judgment Bird, Warm-Hearted Woodsman and Monk is not a great line up of abnormalities I need to suppress. I’m pretty sure I’m gonna be getting Alephs soon :ohdear:.

Maybe it’s early with day 18/19, but dusk ordeals are coming soon and ahhhhhhhhh.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 28, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

You were not kidding TeeQueue. Once you get access to the Judgment Bird armour, working with them becomes a breeze, meaning easy access to an Aleph weapon and armour :unsmigghh:. Though I did have to spend HOB boosting my employee's Fortitude to 5 to prevent getting decimated by pale damage, it was certainly worth the risk. Also, Heart of Aspiration is a great tool abnormality that just gives you free health and attack speed so long as you aren't an idiot and return it. This also makes it invaluable for working Judgment Bird as there were times where my employee was on a sliver of health and would have died if not for the Aspiration boost.

Snow Queen farming is hilariously easy with my buffed employees and having them gain a free +6 to HP and SP is a godsend.

I see the train has now arrived at the station. Hopefully, it isn't too bad.... :ohdear:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My poor LOB :smith:. Well I feel a bit stupid now for spending it and picking the train. I didn’t really like any of my options. The bracelet seems finnicky as hell and behaviour adjustment seemed meh and had a chance to kill employees as well. I pretty much ignore the music box I picked up cause it can drive people crazy and devoting attention to it is not a luxury I have.

I’m now very scared of the train :ohdear:.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Is Hell Train at a level of “repository reset or suffer”? I feel like this game just makes me anxious about dealing with all these abnormalities and doing it correctly. I love it, but I’m terrified as well. If Im talking too much, let me know.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I don’t really wanna reset because I have a good set of abnormalities (minus the woodsman. Monk is on the fence). I’m not ready for playing with Hell Train :ohdear:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I forgot where my repository reset was last made. Hopefully it isn’t too far back. It would be a shame to lose out on Judgment bird just as I got their equipment.

How does Day 1 resetting work? I guess I could probably just research the train and then repository reset or day 1 reset or something. I didn’t realise the train was such a big deal.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So TIL I learned that Crumbling Armour's "gift" applies on ANY repression that you do. So now I have an employee stuck at Justice 4 (5 if you include the armour buff) and I probably have to use the mirror to hope I roll lucky cause otherwise, I have to spend 12 LOB which frankly is not something that I plan on doing. My first day with the train wasn't so bad but the attention you have to pay to it is taxing enough that it contributed to one of my employees going crazy because I forgot I put him on Theresia and he nearly died from the resulting black damage I inflicted to get him back. I know it's only going to get worse from here.

Additionally, how many employees should you aim to have on Day 20? I have 15 employees at the moment which is enough for me to touch every abnormality in case I'm crazy enough to try for an insanely high Qliphort Meltdown count. Heart of Aspiration can just be picked up and then never melts down. I love the Heart.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

After weighing up losing out on Snow Queen EGO Gifts vs dealing with the train, I decided to memory repository. I just think that train is going to screw me in the long run.

EDIT: Oh wait, I keep Judgment Bird. Yaaaaaay.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So I could've picked up Snow Queen again, but decided not to. I already have her EGO gear and while her gift is strong, I probably need more gear and maybe some breaching abnormalities. All-Around Helper seemed to be a better choice than Naked Nest since it's a breaching abnormality and I'm pretty sure I have strong enough EGO suits to protect against red damage.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Oh god, that was certainly a day. After dealing with a Violet Noon, Clouded Monk had 2 Qliphort and my strongest employee, Mary, had 4 Prudence so I thought it would be ok if they did insight with the Monk. Unfortunately, I forgot I equipped the Clouded Monk's suit on them, which is weak to white damage. Suddenly, I get a notification that Mary had gone insane and her highest stat is Justice. She proceeded to free the Monk and then reduce Judgment Bird's Qliphort to 1. So I had to have half my facility who had black and white weapons chase after Mary while the rest of the facility that wasn't newbies fight the escaped monk.

Luckily, I somehow managed to salvage the situation cause I had good gear (thank you judgement bird) and the monk has a very predictable pattern of attacks, but I had to do a lot of micromanaging units as the monk would destroy their health. It's also very difficult to micromanage units when they're all clumped together, which is a big problem for me because nearly all my gear is melee ranged red damage. It was terrifying at the time, but amazing once I managed to resolve everything.

I also managed to get all of All-Around Helper's gear that day so all things considered, things could've been worse. Also, how good is You Must Be Happy?

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jun 29, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I think the main use I would have for lowering stats would be working Warm-Hearted Woodsman, but I’ve got Laetitia who trains the same thing but infinitely better. Woodsman also is an rear end in a top hat I purposely ignore except for meltdowns. I am tempted to sacrifice a lemming to him so I can suppress him for Hod’s mission. On the other hand, I’d also have to suppress Bird of Judgement if I wanted to get that mission ASAP which is not happening.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I was just casually playing when I noticed this which amused me.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Fun fact: Charlotte was my first unit to get Justice 4 from the Mirror so she has a special place in my heart. She also is the unit that got the repression boost from the Crumbling armour and I managed to get her to Justice 5 via mirror again. She is a god and I can boost her temperance to 5 via LOB.

I wish I could post this in the LP thread, but it spoils the effect of Crumbling Armour and Clouded Monk’s EGO Suit. I guess that’s what optimism is in Lobotomy Corp.

Mirror and Heart of Aspiration are my favourite tool abnormalities. You can’t go wrong with them.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 29, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I actually just stick it on one of my super employees that have 5 in every stat at the beginning of the day and then never worry about it. One less thing to worry about melting down is heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

SaffronKit posted:

Oh hey, a thread finally got made! Back to day 14 myself and have some old friends and new friends already. Highlights include P. Bird and 1.76 as my first two picks, along with Theresia who actually is the extremely perfect for pairing with 1.76 for justice training.

Picked up Graves of Cherry Blossoms and Scorched Girl as my new friends, along with Forsaken (for Fort training and breaching) and Skin Prophecy as a new tool. Two duds aside from new gear and Forsaken pretty much makes me happy with my Intel department this run.

Open up training, and I get Schadenfreude as my first abnormality AGAIN and I'm okay with that (MOAR JUSTICE!!!). New friends followed with Beauty and Beast (dud, more teth equipment I guess) and Parasite Tree as my first WAW of the playthrough and man, wish I had gotten this rear end in a top hat over Naked Nest. More WAW gear, not the worst gimmick and an actual attachment trainer! Holy poo poo! You Must Be Happy as my tool, now I'm set to start getting past day 20 and see how far I can get. Wish me luck!

How do you use Theresia with 1.76? I’m aware Theresia has SP regen abilities but I basically refuse to touch mine cause I’ve had 1 too many bad experiences with employees going crazy because I forgot I set them to work on it during a meltdown.