Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Fuuuuuuuck O-01-15
Gambling, crying, murdering piece of poo poo. I did a 3 day reset just to remove its taint from my facility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I just finished unlocking the lower levels in LOR. Very much preferring this to LobCorp, much more my style of game.

My only complaint is the librarian/key page UI, keeping track of decks/librarians is difficult for me. Also why isn't there a reminder when there's an available gift??

What's the point of general invitations? Grinding out sets you want?
Also, are Abnos random between games?

IAmThatIs fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 19, 2021

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

SITB posted:

Also, if all else fail you can close the game to avoid losing books :v:.

I just became an urban nightmare, and already do this :eng99: I'm kinda scared if the grind is only going to get worse.
I wish this was like Slay the Spire or Monster Train where you can easily reset to the start of a fight at least.

I will say though, urban plague is really where this game clicked for me. In particular, the Wedge office and LoveTown fights are :discourse:

IAmThatIs fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 25, 2021

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Can someone explain to me why you'd want ranged dice? Is it just that you can postpone someone's attacks if they're about to stagger you?

Also is there any advice for (middle floors) the second tiphereth and first Gebura anomalies?
With Tiphereth II, I either go too defensive and can't get to the despair stage, or too aggressive and just burn out.
With Geburah I, it's the same concept. I've gone defensive to survive the aoes, which just ends with the wolf grinding down the mercenary. When I go aggro with burn or paralyze debuffs, I can't get through all the counter dice before getting mulched by AOE.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Thanks for the advice everyone!

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Urban Nightmare into SOTC

Do other people find the Urban Nightmare Abno fights to be a major stumbling block? I quickly finished all the Urban Nightmare fights with like 36/40 complete, and then took 5+ attempts for the lower floors 4th Abnos. The game was really starting to drag until:

The realizations :piss: Oh my god were they cool, and the Ego cards are amazing! I'm in love with this game again

At least the abno difficulty meant I was really well prepared for the realizations, I flashed the first three back to back! That was a blast, but super stressful. I can't imagine losing one near the end and having to redo the whole fight.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Man Xiao does not mess around...

Also I’m ashamed of how long it took me to under the “unique” mechanic, it’s the number of individual unique cards played. I thought it was the number of “wish” played :eng99:

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So I'm stuck in SOTC. I'm at 47/48 Abnos only available one is price of silence...fuuuuck price of silence and have completed the 1st, 2nd, and 4th columns. Xiao stage 2 is kicking my rear end, I can't seem to beat her. Do people try with the first floors that have ego, or the Geb/Binah floors with the powerful librarians

So, could I please have some advice on the two fights mentioned above.

Also, I think this game would be dramatically improved without the book burning mechanic. It's ludicrously frustrating to beat a difficult slog fight like Purple, only get 4 books, and not get the character book. I wish the character books were guaranteed

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

GilliamYaeger posted:

Xiao is probably the hardest fight in the game.
As for the other thing...just autobattle every turn

Ok, that makes me feel better haha I'll try out y'alls strategies, I've apparently been underappreciating Yesod!

And genius!! I've never used the auto battle feature, so I never would have thought of that

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

GilliamYaeger posted:

Don't engage with the mechanics at all. Just use Binah and bleed decks to DoT Judgement Bird down asap. You can kill it in one or two rounds, easy

Wait why bleed decks? Wouldn't burn be better because bleed activates on attack rolls?
I've gotten JB down to 17 HP by "unga bunga", but can't eek out those last few damage points :(

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

ZeroCount posted:

Additionally, you don't need any DoT decks besides Binah anyway. As long as Binah is stacking Fairy and all of the librarians are rushing Judgement Bird with a lot of dice to activate its counters, it will die from Fairy alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hmMKcSUpvk

... I'm an idiot, you want to lose against the counter dice, not beat them. That way you maximize the ratio of counter rolls to attacking dice, making more fairy procs
:cripes:

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Post SOTC:

So I've just made it to a point of no return. I suppose I should google the list of general guests, book em, burn all of my books and complete my realizations. After that dive right in??

Ps: fuuuuck 얀샋ㄷ요무
By far the hardest SOTC fight, with Liu #2 in second. I actually did Liu #3 on my first attempt.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
Have any of y'all watched Squidgame on Netflix? It's a korean anti-capitalist show that could mesh beautifully with the dystopian world of Lob Corp, I could easily see it being S corp.

Anyways, I haven't played in a week because I've been psyching myself out about the (Impuritas) Binah Realization. I haven't lost a realization yet, but I've heard it's notoriously difficult. It seems like the individual bird battles require diffirent things, making it v. difficult. Any advice before I start it?

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I’m really struggling on this section of Impuritas Civitas:

I’ve done the entirety of the blue reveberation without any issue, up until the Hokma fight. I’ve tried multiple times, and just can’t make it work. By doing the fight “honestly” and engaging the mechanics, I’ve defeated the shades but then died to him resummoning the shades while still making GBS threads out damage.
I’ve also tried doing a gimmick blockma strategy where I strip the assistant librarians, and have block PT utilizing block=damage to try to whittle down pluto. Using the energy contract allows for powerful block counter dice machine gunning. Unfortunately, every time I stagger it gives hokma light, which makes him lose HP. Even with corpse cleaning the light refunds kill me right when i get pluto to <50 health

It’s so frustrating that a build that should work is getting undercut by a poorly documented mechanic that took me two tries to figure out what was happening...

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
That did the trick, thanks y’all!

This game is remarkable, but every once in a while the solutions escape me + Failures taking 20 min to resolve can be very frustrating

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Failing a Realization, especially in later phase = at least an hour of wasted time.

At least the music's really good.

I actually didn’t have to restart a single realization

IC spoiler
the keter realization is by far the hardest, but if you lose you can thankfully retry individual levels

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
I just finished the game as well! I really enjoyed it, i think it might have been GOTY 2021 for me.
I think it's interesting how slow I must play, because I had 100 hours in the game.

I did definitely start getting burned out near the end. I am incredibly happy that I didn't lose a single realization, I can't imagine how tilting that must be. While most combats I could do first attempt, getting stuck on a single abno or fight for multiple hours is draining.

All in all, a solid 9/10 experience. The only thing keeping it from 10/10 is the key page grinding, I think it fundamentally takes away from the game.

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
So I imagine there’s significant cross over between Slay the Spire and Library of Ruina, so I’m posting this in both threads.

There is a FANTASTIC mod for StS which replaces all default enemies and events with Ruina inspired ones. Needless to say, there are massive spoilers, so if you care about plot don’t get it. Otherwise, it’s a truly remarkable mod which smoothly integrates a variety of Ruina mechanics into the game. I can not emphasize enough how blown away I was when I started playing it.

Here’s the steam workshop link
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2396661789

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style
With the shitshow earlier this year and gacha games not appealing to me, I've drifted away from project moon.

Are there any new projects (webcomics, games) on the docket? Or is gacha still the foreseeable future.