Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Still very early into my first run of this, but jeez, O-05-47 is the rudest troll of an abnormality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Oh yeah Wall Gazer is an absolute bastard, and I had an information department with her, Grave of Cherry Blossoms, and 1.76 Mhz in it along with a tool in my "only use for five seconds if it meltdowns" pile. I was so glad to nuke that facility in loop 1 after the button incident.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Fortunately you don't have to do the attachment work in Yesod's department, so just have someone work with our best skull friend a few times.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the bracelet is simple: get its info like 20-30 seconds at a time then NEVER TOUCH IT outside of meltdowns. (Have an employee take it and put it back). Fortunately a lot of tools can be summed up as "mostly harmless unless you touch it".

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well, back to about where I ended loop 1, this time without the rear end in a top hat button. It's amazing how much of a difference a few abnormalities make. 1.78 Mhz, Scorched Girl, and Mirror of Adjustment from control boosted through early game, then Information really delivered. Old Lady was an underwhelming attachment trainer who came at the perfect time to let me take Porccubus. When the wee witch showed up on day 8 I jumped for it, because Laetitia is a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life.

Thanks to her gear, I can now solo Green Noons :getin:

The rear end in a top hat button tried to show up again on day 11 though! Said gently caress that and ended up with the Snow Queen, again filling a gap in my training. I'm waiting for things to go horribly wrong.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So for Hod's mission do you have to suppress all four breaching abnormalities in one day, or can you knock it out a bit at a time? (Though I'm nowhere near that with only two breaching abnormalities so far)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah once you actually know Heart's gimmick it's one of the few tools that just won't kill your entire facility if you grab it at the right time. I just have one of my agents with Laetitia's shotgun grab it before the dawn shows up for the day.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

TeeQueue posted:

You never forget your first Violet Noon.

Strike me as another one who just ran into their first Violet Noon as well and lost nearly every agent in my entire facility at once. WHY ARE THOSE THINGS.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay this loop 2 is going far too well. Day 20 and as of day 19 I just finished mining Dreams of a Black Swan for gear, so now I have two full WAW abnormalities worth of gear, and more importantly, she gave me two WAW level black melee weapons which is going to be important for my day 20 task, dealing with four breached abnormalities. I think I can handle it at this point, just have to be very careful not to gently caress up my works with Black Swan for the day in the process. How bad an idea is it to knock this out now, because I really don't want to have to farm for Meltdowns while risking Dusks ruining my entire plan.

The abnormalities in question are Scorched Girl, Porccubus, All-Around Helper, and Schadenfreude. ...Don't quite have a safe way to trigger most of the breakouts except for Qlipoth Meltdowns, but I'm able to handle all three of the noons without an issue at this point. Schadenfreude seems like the easiest to take out since I can just let him out on my own at the start of the day and then have a deathball wipe him out while I'm not looking. Scorched Girl is a nice, safe Teth with low HP, so provided I don't accidentally put her target on the suppression squad, that's another one down. All-Around Helper is the first potential threat but Naked Nest's armor is highly resistant to red damage, and Porccubus was annoying but I actually have Red and Black melee weapons from HE and WAW to deal with his gimmick now and pretty much every one of my agents is above Temperance 3 except the newbies. Thanks, Laetitia!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I just saw my first Green Dusk. Well that is certainly an escalation. :stare:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah i think I'm just gonna hope for an Amber or Crimson Dusk tomorrow as those seem infinitely easier to deal with.

It's interesting how Green is the only color with a full progression from Dawn to Midnight. The other three colors are missing steps along the way.

PlasticAutomaton fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jul 2, 2020

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Boy Central Department has been... fun.

Memory Imprint with Crumbling Armor and Red Shoes, fine, Red Shoes can be ignored for the most part and Crumbling Armor's actively useful to my agents at this point.
Day 22 got me the piano, along with the Shelter. Second WAW and an ignorable tool. Okay good.

Then came day 23. Melting Love and Almost There. God I wish they hadn't come together. Almost There at this point is completely manageable and would have been a great way to get my first Aleph weapon, but Melting Love's gimmick is awful, her design is awful, and my only option to handling her was to have 1 agent staff a department with two Alephs right next to each other after all the clerks self destructed into slimes.
Day 24 had Meat Lantern I worked it exactly once, it immediately escaped, and I said gently caress it I am not dealing with this. and Behavioral Adjustment. Fortunately, I managed to work out a plan to get both their suits before slamming back to the memory repository on day 25.

Then I saw all the stuff on Day 25 :stare: Boy this game really ramps up. :stare:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay so the bracelet does not insta kill at full health. It will kill if you put it back with less than full or hold it long enough to overheal. If you're looking to get the info, just have a full health agent pick it up, hold it for 20 seconds or so and put it back. Repeat till codex is full. the rest of the time? Ignore it except for a meltdown, where you just have an agent pick it up and put it back immediately.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yeah Laetitia's one of the best HE's you can get early. Her gear is amazing, and she is extremely low maintenance.

Still mad I forgot that weapons in your inventory you get on the same day will be saved, really should have actually played day 25 out and tried to pick up Melting Love and Almost There's weapons before backing out but I did not want to deal with Melting Love any longer after getting its suit on day 24.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Don't be afraid to backtrack if the gear/training situation is untenable or you get a particularly lovely abnormality. Just hold out till you can get Hod's first upgrade to boost your stat gains. It's even okay if you don't really get breachers till you start breaking into Training and Safety. I didn't get my fourth breacher till day 18 on my current loop. (Ideally you want to clear out Hod''s fourth mission around day 19-20 so you don't have to risk a Dusk Ordeal messing up your plans and you can focus on gearing up to deal with those)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I had Mountain of Smiling Bodies, Blue Star, and Nothing There.

Mountain of Smiling Bodies is a joke if you keep corpses out of his hall and can be death balled from 500-0 by 5-6 agents with ALEPH and WAW gear. Nothing there was the real problem and required a death ball of everyone I had in the facility with ranged HE+ gear and my other WAW/Alephs to actually take him down. For Blue Star, I just clustered everyone into an elevator, and sent in the rabbits while I was constantly shooting white bullets. Had to suppress MoSB right at the start but it wasn't too hard to ride out.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

If its the head of an apple one. My best advice is to just work repression with your highest level justice agent. If you can't deal with it long term, there's no shame in a day 1 reset. The HE -> WAW jump can be difficult to leap into as they usually want pretty high stats to deal with.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

god the more I think about it the more I loving hate Plague Doctor.

So you lose 12 employees, let out a super-boss who is his own can of dick moves. Win or lose, you're now stuck with an absurdly high-maintenance ALEPH who fucks up your carefully designed facility and can only be safely (barely) worked by people in Judgment Bird's armor and EX level stats.

I am 100% going back for round 2 with this fucker :black101:

Any advice? Besides only use red/black weapons.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Galick posted:

Alrighty, I'm finally playing this thanks to the ongoing LP and I'm on Day 3 - and I've already had to do a reset due to my day 4 tool prior being something I had no way of dealing with. For my Day 3 abnormality, any advice on what I should pick between:

O-05-61 Life is only granted to those who hold no fear of death.

O-03-60 You see a song in front of you. It's approaching, becoming more colorful by the second.

F-01-02 I am coming to you. You, who will be reduced to ash like me.

Right now I just have One Sin and 1.76MGhz so I've been making good use of Attachment, Insight, and Repression but I've looked up a few details of these things and they're all kind of terrifying. :stare:

I'd go for -02. It's an extremely low maintenance Teth and a fantastic (early game) insight trainer. It does breach if you gently caress up and hilarious things can happen when it does breach if you aren't paying attention, but it's also extremely easy to suppress by the time breaching abnormalities are relevant. Plus it has an EGO weapon that remains relevant all the way through WAW due to the obscene amount of damage it puts it out.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well I finished the game last night thanks to a lot of help from TeeQueue and my various twitch chatters. 15 dead agents to clear the final challenge, which is still less than I was expecting. And now I pretty much have to get Library of Ruina started.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Library of Ruina, just got to the beginning of act 3.

You know for all of Angela's talk of freedom and getting revenge on A, all she's done is repeat every single one of his mistakes. She's putting on a stage-play of her own, forcing the Sephira to once again be a part of a murder game they did not sign up for, except this time, they have to do the murders with their own bare hands. And just like before she has absolutely no regard for human life and it all comes second to fulfilling her own desires. God, I hate her.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Just work it with high HP units and only do Instinct or Attachment. It has an extremely tiny chance of going off and the higher your HP, the less of a chance it has to go off. I've only ever seen it happen once ever.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So, Library of Ruina updated with two new fights. One of which is a fun one with a cute little gimmick. The other one is the single worst fight implemented yet.

Has anyone figured out how the hell to beat Little Red yet? I spent two and a half hours trying different things only to get destroyed at the halfway mark every single time.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This week's LoR update: A new story chapter with a brand new card mechanic, and a new Abnormality fight.

Chesed gets the Warm-Hearted Woodsman, making me wonder if maybe we'll get the other Wizard of Oz themed abnormalities from Wonderlab.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Green Midnight: Anything with very short range is gonna get you killed. So don't bring King of Greed's weapons. Short should be fine, but stick with Medium if you'd had bad experiences. It's the easiest to kill if you are good with the elevators.

Amber Midnight: So six Dusks on screen is the limit. Do not go hunting them until the Midnights are down for two reasons. One, you'll just have more to deal with later, and two, it seems that if you kill a Midnight and its original Dusks are still alive, they just die. Any extra ones spawned stick around. It's really weird. Just play patient with them, wait for all six to spawn, and stay in the elevators till the Midnights burrow up in the room next to you. One will go to Safety, so once it's dead, move to the Training elevator and wait for the second there.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Well -06 is a finicky HE that trains attachment and has some annoying rules to manage it. -64 is a WAW, a very good instinct and attachment trainer, who is a bit breach-prone, but not hard to suppress, just annoying, and useful for a future mission. -106 is another ALEPH, that due to certain.. peculiarities.. is completely worthless for training, and being a member of the Clerk's Rights Squad, will probably kill your day when it inevitably does get out.

I would go with -64. It's got very good gear and ALEPH tier weaponry, and more importantly, isn't -106.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

New Library fight is mostly fine except for that one part that is either bugged and doesn't work properly right now, or is complete RNG bullshit.

The fact that Angela can wipe out your entire team on turn 3 of the Funeral phase if you don't have the luck of her using one certain attack on turns 1 and 2 is enough to make me say gently caress that fight. If she uses it, you can jump her as intended and it folds as easily as the suppression. If she doesn't, she just uses her super attack, staggers your entire team if you didn't feeble her, and takes out at least one of your team right then and there, while critically wounding the rest.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

it depends on personal preference really, but you tend to only need 3 per department at most. (6 for central.) Just want people around to handle meltdowns and work and train with stronger things.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Work it once or twice per meltdown at most with a 5/5/5/X agent in insight. You need Aleph level armor with as much black resist as you can thanks to that nasty instant OH gently caress HP/SP damage you take. Once you have its weapon equipped, working it is fairly safe, but until then.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

109 is the absolute worst and is extremely difficult to manage at best even when you have the research you need for it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the game will force Alephs on you after a while. It sucks to not have any already, but yeah, you might have to push it up or reset a couple of times to get those Alephs.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I assume you're talking about Library of Ruina, and that is a particularly notably obnoxious fight.

In phase 1, dodge as much pale damage as you can, and focus your attacks on downing whatever sword has the tears buff. Once it gets downed, Knight moves into phase 2. You need to avoid taking damage from the swords. Yujin/Faint Memories combo will usually work for the triple dice attack, transpierce or heavy peaks for the big one, and whatever you can for the two dice. Each sword will do 50 damage to her, and if you can get all three down she's staggered. You have 3 turns to do this. Repeat the process and the second wave of swords should kill, but actually dodging the damage in phase 2 is a bit RNG.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's a nasty trio to deal with, but with Blue Star, the best bet is to let it out, hide your team in an elevator, and hit them with white bullets while the rabbits handle it.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

TeeQueue posted:

Don’t bother, they’re reverting it after the community lost its poo poo at them. :eng99:

This is why we can't have nice things. From the sounds of it, you could have really broken the game, and it definitely needed balancing, but people went way loving overboard.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The steam forums blew up, and PM got several vulgar e-mails and outright threats from the community for doing this. People are terrible.

Their only mistake was not warning people in advance to back up their saves and that it was a very experimental update.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Doesn't Library already have a delete save data function right on the main menu though?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The;y need to either double the amount of books you get right off the bat or double the amount of cards/pages you get from burning each book. Early game in particular is hell since the enemies are capped at emotion level 0-1 right off the bat and as such only drop 1 book. Otherwise the new system should be pretty good. I like most of the changes I've found, but only just hit Urban Legend.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

TeeQueue posted:

Well, he was MANjoume Thunder, so the pun makes sense. (Even though The Chazz is the objectively superior version, don't @ me.)

Setting that aside, how's everyone finding the new update? I've heard drop rates are abysmal, but I won't be getting around to playing again myself for another couple weeks due to reasons that definitely do not involve any form of Pop Idol Mermaids.

The gameplay stuff looks solid and having guaranteed drops in the form of book pools so you can get what you want without relying on RNG is great. ...The problem is the pools are flooded with way too many copies of each green and blue card (A book from this week's fight has TWENTY of each green), you get 5 picks a book, and early game grinding in particular is flat out hell. Hopefully Project Moon hears the complaints and at least doubles the number of drops you get and cleans up the pools.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's beautiful. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

1. No it does not count as defeated for the mission. You have to put it down manually for it to count.

2. No, you can not, as most department missions are locked behind expanding the department in question to a certain level to unlock the cutscene and mission.