Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So I broke down and started Ruina before the LC LP could finish.

Jesus christ that's one hell of a difficulty spike once you hit Urban Plague.

This is just mean.

Is the strat for this fight just slapping Slash Endured key pages on everyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Acerbatus posted:

Yeah, Urban Plague is a real wakeup call. :v:

I highly recommend doing 1.1 or 1.4 first because yeah, Dawn and Full Stop are much harder.

They have pretty mixed damage as a group so I wouldn't bother just focusing on the one damage type.

I actually set up a team that all resisted pierce to push through Full Stop, made a gun deck with all their passives, then had everyone burst down Salvador just to get that card out of the way.

Is it just me or do drop counts plummet in Urban Plague? I had to do 3/4 runs of every fight on that line just to get all their key pages.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

RoyalScion posted:

Book grinding is the worst part of LoR and I'm desperately hoping they get rid of it.

I did the first fight on the second line and intentionally left the leader alive so she could boost her emotion level.

I got one book out of it.

I did not get a key page from that book.

I still need 2 key pages.

God help me once I start nearing end game and fights start getting drawn out. :shepicide:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well I hit Urban Nightmare.

Christ and here I thought the Dawn Office was bad.

Kurokumo and Bremen weren't so bad, but holy poo poo EGO Phillip and Tomerry are genuine shitwreckers.

I was able to squeeze out a win vs Phillip, (and then had to refight the Wedge Office because the generic book didn't loving drop :argh:) and somehow managed to skip past Tomerry's phase change by panicking on their windup card, throwing everything I had to stagger/knock them below 50%, then blitzing her down before I could see how she acted.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Lesson learned: Do not fight the Knight of Despair with someone running Yujin's keypage.

Turns out % based damage really hurts when you're running at 25% HP, who knew? :v:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well I hit my first Floor Realization.

That was certainly a thing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

So the patch dropped, and I glanced at the patch notes.

Key points, we now have 9 passive slots, up from 7, the stagger resist recover passive from Sweepers got a cost boost, and two pages got buffed.

Also:

I don't even have this floor yet and I'm already scared shitless.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Pollyanna posted:

138 pages oh god :shepicide: I guess I’ll get to reading. I hope it’s finishing up by now.

The LP is nearly done, just another 5 days worth of gameplay.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

GilliamYaeger posted:

Well, the horror would have mainly come from the realization that all the Abnormalities are symbolic and/or metaphors, and now he's going to be stuck thinking about what the various Abnormalities are supposed to mean all day.
X: Wait, it's all symbolism?
A: Always has been.

: So what did Bald-is-awesome symbolize, then?

: Carmen and I were huge Fast and the Furious fans back in uni.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

GilliamYaeger posted:

I just used the cheat mod that multiplies drops by like 1000, because gently caress grinding.

But generally you get enough when you get all the keypages.

I ended up using a Cheat Engine table that just disables books being consumed when burned.

I like have options available, I don't like having to grind out a hard fight multiple times to get pages then grind it again for the next fight's book req.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

I really should get back to Ruina, but man those initial SotC fights are rough.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

Complete list of people in LC/LoR who are blameless:

...Finn? Maybe?

Anyways, it's basically VLR 2.0 because Good people die.

How dare you forget Laetitia, a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life. :colbert:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

in order to get what she wants while only sowing suffering among things she created for the purpose of suffering

That'd probably be waaaaaaaaaaay too much of an Ayin plan for her liking, considering her history.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Reiterpallasch posted:

sotto voce tiph's floor is worthless anyways, if you can backburner it you probably should

Tiph's floor is the most valuable in the game, just because not doing it locks you out of finishing Gebura.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Acerbatus posted:

Anyone have tips for whitenight in LC?

Also, how were hod and netzach getting high in robot bodies? Lobco HQ truly is full of mysteries.

If you have Yin and Yang, letting them fuse and launch a dragon will permakill any Apostles it hits, so long as they have full HP.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Intoluene posted:

Okay, I have not unlocked those abno pages so that would explain it.

Those three abnos will absolutely cause your friend issues, then. Spider Bud itself is not particularly spider-like despite the name but it DOES have a few skittering, low detail spiders on its containment cell. Its agent instadeath will probably also cause someone with severe arachnophobia some significant distress.

If you find the numbers for Fragment of the Universe, Laetitia and Spider Bud and tell them to NOT PICK THESE EVER. They should be okay with lobcorp. Might have to look up the 100% ending after beating the game, though.

Ruina, if there's abno pages for Spider Bud, they're gonna have a bad time since that won't be particularly avoidable. Might be able to mod out the art for it but I am not a programmer or modder.

Modding just the card art won't help, since a core mechanic is fighting the abnos to unlock their stuff. At that point, you'd have to fully mod at least three (Spider Bud, Fragment, and Laetitia) fights plus the card art. And unlike LC, you can't just shuffle them away, as each floor has a fixed roster.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

This just got posted on PM's channel.

Neat to see what LoR could have been.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Could Shiki kill an Abnormality?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

Well now I'm just completely confused.

:lobcorp:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

MetaMeme posted:

Wait, that only raises more questions!

Does it have to be all the bleed? Majority of the bleed? Only enough to kill? Just having applied bleed the turn prior?

Does stuff like Sanguine Desire or Final Stroke affect it? Oh god, what if it only takes into account whoever applied bleed most recently and you can overwrite it with Final Stroke?

What about stuff like Erosion or Fairy? What's the pecking order on those? Is it chronological or just X counts over Y or, or,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lobcorp:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

ZeroCount posted:

Almost all of them unlock before you get that keypage though?

Yeah, but there's nothing stopping you from putting them off until you get that keypage.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Qrr posted:

What. Never mind almost, I did complete the game without ever noticing that.

It was added in somewhat close to the final release, iirc, until then you had to play your clash last.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Infinity Gaia posted:

How the gently caress am I supposed to beat (mid-SotC) Red Mist!? Her dice are huge! I can do extremely well until she goes into EGO form and then she just annihilates my entire floor with her mass attack!

The easy strat is to use two teams. Load your first team with the Full Stop passives that give a one turn boost and Overcharge (whatever that big three die attack that stuns you is), second gets normal builds.

First team blitzes Red Mist down to half HP on turn one, bringing her into EGO, then just has to stall until she's capped out on emotion levels.

Second team then just has to survive the first turn, then she'll be out of Light for her big cards, so all you have to do is make sure you don't let her Light regen card hit 0 cost.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tiny Myers posted:

I just picked this game up on Steam. Got a few baby questions, sorry and thank you in advance!

How do I tell how much HP/SP my guys have left? Or am I not supposed to know?

Is there any time limit to how long a day lasts, or is it just "until you get enough stuff, then you can quit, try not to trigger the big scary meltdown"? The tutorial told me "look at how much time is left in the day" and I don't see a timer anywhere, only the meltdown thing.

Does anything bad happen from like... NOT attending to an abnormality? Like if I just don't touch a certain one and only focus on the others? Does it have a time limit?

Is there any reason not to like... stick around and grind up my agents' stats by doing work repeatedly with a single abnormality even once I have all the boxes for the day? Does that work?

HP/SP counts are an early game upgrade, just keep going.

You can keep a day running forever, but you'll eventually hit a point where every cell is getting tagged by a meltdown every new level, which is Bad if you have something that can kill your day if you get too many poor results on it.

Ignoring a Meltdown makes you lose a good bit of energy, and if the abno that's having a meltdown can breach, letting it time out will instantly breach it.

You can grind stats like that, yes, but each tier of abno has a soft cap at which point stat XP plummets. Highly recommend installing Basemod and More Detailed Information, as that tells you exactly how much an agent has gotten.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tiny Myers posted:

Thanks!

Another question - she said something about "seems like you've made some sacrifices to get half the energy, don't let it get you down, keep working" but... uhhh... my guys all seem alive?

Also, is there more info on what the clerks do? Do I need to worry about them or are they just kind of background fodder? The tutorial didn't really explain.

That's just a random line that can get thrown out when you hit 50% of your quota, don't worry about it.

Clerks are effectively useless. They might take a shot at a breaching abno (at a 50% chance to do 0-1 damage), or they might freak out and kill themselves. Clerks do give a small bonus based on what department they're in and how many are still alive, but by mid game you'll get a tool that lets you execute them without pissing off any abnos that breach on employee deaths, and you'll be expected to use it religiously.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tiny Myers posted:

Thank you! The information from the tutorial and whatnot was a little overwhelming, but I think I'm digesting it.

One more question - if nothing is currently melting down or progressing, can you just leave the game unpaused without ill effects? Like, are there any timers actively running, or is it the same as if you had hit the pause button, effectively?

Just wondering if I need to micromanage this like I'm going hardcore on the Sims and press the pause button constantly or if I can just let my dudes amble around while I figure out what to do next.

For the most part, yes, but there are a few abnos that either directly act based on time passed, or have a side effect that can very rapidly snowball if you let things run.

Just get into the habit of pausing whenever you're queuing up works.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

booksnake posted:

Oooh. So in a theoretical top condition, they'd be an unstoppable god running at +4 all day. Lmao, doesn't that mean I'm inflicting deathly exhaustion on my librarians by giving them this book? Super rude, but I guess par for the course after Lob Corp.

Shi was added in before keypage attribution, iirc, so they originally had their passives split. This means that you could do exactly that when attribution was added until PM wisely combined everything for them.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Crasical posted:

I'm progressing *extremely slowly* through LoR because it's very important to me that my nuggets acquire appropriate hats.

EDIT: OH WAIT I MIGHT BE A MORON

You don't lose books when you use them as bait for an invitation, do you? Unless you lose the reception?

Correct. You can also alt-f4 if you're about to lose to get out of losing books.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tiny Myers posted:

I'm on Day 21 and it is my personal opinion that the button abnormality is very mean and bad and that has nothing to do with me absentmindedly pressing it near the end of a day :catstare:

On the plus side, the button can never get tagged by a meltdown, making it a 100% safe abno to pick so long as you remember to never click the button.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

ya'll I just want to point out

We have 12 sinners

The numbers go from 1-13

10 is missing.

This feels important.

Also if this is a gacha mobile game do I still have to LP it? :sweatdrop:

If anything, you'll have to LP it starting from launch, just to make sure you don't miss any story events.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

ZeroCount posted:

This part of the official website seems to imply that if you do gacha-roll for powered-up versions of your employees, they are temporary.

My guess is that it'll be like the FF Dissidia mobage, where you always get a character and roll for gear (and equivalents)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

ZeroCount posted:

EDIT: Binah can 1v1 the Red Mist, Zena is probably around that level too.

She can't 1v1 the Red Mist, though. Her entire plan at proto-LC was sicking all the abnos on Kali to wear her down, and Kali still got a mutual kill with Garion.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Tiny Myers posted:

Just took care of Gebura's core suppression, largely through sending a bunch of ranged dudes with Aleph ego armors at her and every time she looked like she was gonna pop an attack, having them quickly exit through the nearest door. Feels kind of ridiculous for The famed Red Mist to be defeated by the very simple invention of "a door" but I couldn't really find any other way to beat it.

A fun cheese strat for that is to use the Shelter from the 27th of March.

Just throw one scrub into each department, have someone hop in the Shelter, and sit there forever. It'll keep breaching abnos, and they'll attack Red Mist just as readily as your agents. It'll take a while, but you can take her down with no (meaningful) losses.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

TeeQueue posted:

It’s not a typo.

The emotion system is even more silly than you think it is.

And I’m going to have to explain it.

This is why I’m waiting for after Malkuth Realization to do it. :shepface:

So long as you post Hod's Emotion Coin Class while doing it.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Junpei posted:

Well, like I said, he could have a more developed floor take care of most of it, deliberately get them killed and then call Keter in for a mop-up and still have it count. Again, Love Town.

Also, I forget-can you technically attribute passives and still use the Key Page they're from? It seems a waste to lose out on all of Gebura's fun toys like the Great Splits and so forth for that Yesod Chained Wrath strat.

Nope, so you'll have to fiddle with pages any time you want to hop from Yesod to Gebura.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/LiberareLimbus/status/1509866855225491461

At least the art for it is looking great.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Junpei posted:

I guess that's fair but I am referring more broadly-I've seen people in plenty of LPs of games in the Danganronpa/Zero Escape bent that had people predicting twists correctly super early.

I guess it's just a function of a slow update schedule meaning you have more time to pore over things and compare stuff.

The time bit is key here.

For a casual player, something like all three Yun's Office fights takes, what, an hour? If that?

The LP started Yun 1 on Aug 30, and finished Yun 3 on Sept 10. So that gave the thread close to two full weeks to pick through everything with a fine tooth comb, making it easy to notice all the little bits of foreshadowing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEJfLhJ4xOA

Limbus info in 5 minutes.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Stagger is also tied to specific HP thresholds, rather than having a dedicated bar like Ruina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzgPykFfQ5c

New trailer from TGS.