Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

There's a lot of tension on the forums between the staff and its users, so I thought I'd try something here to lighten the mood. This is a Hunger Games simulation powered by BrantSteele. BrantSteele is a website that is used to simulate Elimination style games, with some subtle A/I and patterned behavior behind it. They have simulations for Hunger Games, Survivor, Danganronpa, etc. So in this game, I thought "What if the users won? What if they forced the mods into their various districts, and then had them fight it out until only one moderator were left standing to be crowned the Champion, representing their forum with honor and support?" So that is where this simulation comes in! We are going to determine which moderator has the strongest will to survive! Which one will be the most cunning, most ruthless to outlast the rest and survive! This may be a Let's Play, but GBS felt like the perfect setting for a game like this. Now I want to stress that this simulator is completely determined by A.I. alone, and is in no way influenced by me. Some forums didn't have enough mods, so I combined a few for some thematic effect. Where mods weren't available, I also used IKs as a valid substitute. If you or your district fails, blame the algorithm!

The Bloodbath/Day One
Night One/Day Two
Night Two/Day Three
Night Three/Day Four
Night Four/Day Five
Night Five/Day Six
Night Six/Day Seven
Night Seven/Day Eight
Final Standings

On to the districts and your moderators!

DISTRICT ONE: GENERAL BULLSHIT

Your chosen tributes are: Genesplicer, Barudak, Jose, and HugeGrossBurrito!

DISTRICT TWO: GAMES

Your chosen tributes are: VideoGames, Infinitum, Oddium, and Relax or DIE!

DISTRICT THREE: DEBATE AND DISCUSSION

Your chosen tributes are: Ardennes, Anidav, GreyjoyBastard, and fool of sound.

DISTRICT FOUR: SPORTS ARGUMENT STADIUM & THE FIGHT ISLAND

Your chosen tributes are: Hand Knit, iospace, Jerusalem, and Junpei Hyde.

DISTRICT FIVE: YOSPOS

Your chosen tributes are: movax, Smythe, Captain Foo, and graph.

DISTRICT SIX: YOU LOOK LIKE poo poo & THE FITNESS LOG CABIN

Your chosen tributes are: Shine, A.s.P., Dum Cumpster, and david carmichael.

DISTRICT SEVEN: EVERYONE'S/NEUROTIC & DIY

Your chosen tributes are: DJ Fuckboy Supreme, Pmush Perfect, Jaded Burnout, and SoundMonkey.

DISTRICT EIGHT: THE TV/IV & CINEMA DISCUSSO

Your chosen tributes are: OldSenileGuy, muscles like this!, Franchescanado, and esperterra.

DISTRICT NINE: THE CRACKHEAD CLUBHOUSE & THE FIRING RANGE

Your chosen tributes are: I eat baby skin, DrAlexanderTobacco, Cyrano4747 and flightless greeb.

DISTRICT TEN: C-SPAM

Your chosen tributes are: Squizzle, Chokes McGee, Rah!, and twoday.

DISTRICT ELEVEN: ADTRW & THE BOOK BARN

Your chosen tributes are: Julias, Wark Say, Hieronymous Alloy, and Safety Biscuits.

DISTRICT TWELVE: ASK/TELL & QCS

Your chosen tributes are: Grand Fromage, Ensign Expendable, Athanatos, and Fluffdaddy.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Due to an error in the browser edition of BrantSteele's ability to save game files with over 30 players, I had to re-do the simulator. The rest of the game should be fine from this point.

The hunger games have begun! The players each start on their own individual podium, and it's a fifty foot race for a cornucopia of supplies! Strewn about are backpacks full of survival materials, food, and even weapons. This portion of the Hunger Games is known as The Blood Bath because very often, a large number of casualties are found right at the start!

Immediately, we see differing strategies. Running away from the cornucopia can be a very beneficial move if your goal is survival and not mass murder! But if you want the supplies to last in this game, sometimes it's a risk you gotta take.

And we have first blood. Chokes McGee:rip: dies when they are, ironically, strangled to death by Shine! Shine showing the ruthless side of YLLS! You can never pass up those gains!

Wow, these things can get violent! Hopefully a broken nose doesn't impact Pmush's game too much here.

More players doing everything they can to survive.

Here we see other players choosing to arm themselves for battle.

And here we see our first alliance form. If you want to last in this game, it's far easier to do so with numbers than on your own. You can't trust anybody, but working together will usually guarantee your safety in the early portion of the game.

The bloodbath has concluded surprisingly with very few casualties! Only one player died, in a phase that even on the lowest settings usually wipes out 5 to 8 players. Congrats to everyone who survived this portion, you certainly defied the odds!

We move on to Day One.

From here on out, a big part of this game is managing your resources. If you want to survive a potentially long game, you need to be warm, well rested, hydrated, and fed. Other players are not the only thing here that can kill you. We see players starting to get a lead on that here. Additionally, some goons with deep pockets may be helping the tributes they've taken a liking to. We see Rah! here is already well endeared to some C-Spam types who no doubt want to see their representative do well in the Hunger Games.

This game can be very mentally difficult for the tributes. No doubt they'll be questioning a lot of things during their time here.

We observe several alliances showing the benefits of working together! Teamwork can make the dream work. How inspiring!!

Genesplicer understands this is not a game that is easy for the elderly. He simply accepts fate early and becomes the second person to fall. Press F for Genesplicer.:rip:

We observe theft. In a fight for survival, anything goes, including stealing. Sometimes, as seen here, we'll see previously formed alliances undermine themselves to try and better their individual chances.

As the end of the first day approaches, we observe some heinous acts of violence! Smythe shows I eat baby skin:rip: who his favorite Ninja Turtle was, while Athanatos cruelly abandons Hieronymous Alloy:rip: to his own devices after gravely injuring him.

We also witness OldSenileGuy trying to feign the same move as Genesplicer, catching Hand Knit:rip: off guard. Silly Hand Knit, who are you to doubt your elders?

With that, we have reached the end of the first day.

Chokes McGee:rip:
Genesplicer:rip:
I eat baby skin:rip:
Hieronymous Alloy :rip:
Hand Knit:rip:

Your districts thank you for your efforts.

End of Day 1 stats

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 27, 2020

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
if anything happens to Shine i will poo poo my life in half

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
gently caress yes, let the mods hit the floor :getin:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Let's go Squiggles and Foo :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VideoGames and J-Ru let's gooooooooooooooo

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Cheering for JRu

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i have interacted with a whole one (1) person on this list so, go pmush!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Explicitly cheering against Relax or DIE.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Grindcore Meggido didn't make the cut so I'm gonna have to root for my man Athanatos

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ground floor of a gold thread

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Please consider sticking the thread, friends.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:hai:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Looking forward to Jose getting a 4+ multi kill then immediately dying of dehydration after crying himself to sleep in the aftermath

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EorayMel posted:

Looking forward to Jose getting a 4+ multi kill then immediately dying of dehydration after crying himself to sleep in the aftermath

Based on his history I expect him to spend the whole thing hiding in a tree drinking homemade booze and somehow Magooing himself into winning the whole thing

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

same

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

rear end-Haggis posted:

Username, post, lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I’d BETTER die in a cool way.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

PMush Perfect posted:

I’d BETTER die in a cool way.

or you could win!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Looks like I missed the cut, just like in middle school. Good luck, mods!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Athanatos gave me my av so I'm team him

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
GO DISTRICT 1

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Come on Squizzle, I got a lot of money riding on this one

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

stick a fork in fool of sound

hes done :unsmigghh:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

rear end-Haggis posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
muscles like this better go out the way of his av

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
MY money is on Ensign Expendable. Always put your money on the redshirt.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
COME GET SOMMEEEEEE

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

COME GET SOMMEEEEEE

Yeah youre gonna die from cannibalizing genesplicer, not knowing he's actually been dead for years and no one noticed.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the most realistic part is the tcc/cspam/yospos alliance

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Feelin kinda discriminated against here guys. :colbert:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

:negative:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Fight Island ftw

Go Jru and Jun~

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Night One

The Night Phase tends to be a little more peaceful. Besides it being more dangerous to go running around in the dark with threats and traps about, it's also a time to bond, and find a little peace. Some treachery may still run afoot however.

We observe alliances working together to remind each other of more peaceful times, and restrengthen their pacts.

It appears Safety Biscuits has passed out! While not deadly in its own right, it's a sign of poor health. Maybe if they modded YLLS this never would have happened to them. They are, for now, still alive at least.

We have our first tag-team death match of the games! Inspired by his YLLS co-mod, it appears that david carmichael:rip: wants to get his hands dirty, and convinces Ardennes:rip: to join him. However, they fail, and Infinitum, along with Relax or DIE! teach them a lesson. They probably should have chosen to relax.

We see some players feeding themselves, but we also see sabatoge. Quite devious play from Oddium!

Here we see the importance of working together, as a mob forms to kill Jaded Burnout:rip:! Good god, that is a terrible way to go. That's also Shine's second kill on record! The rumors are true, fitness experts are trying to kill you. Soundmonkey knows how to pick their battles, and unfortunately, that's terrible news for esperterra:rip: as she's massacred by Smythe. Those YOSPOS boys really love murder!

The TFR mod exercises her 2nd Amendment rights going full Walter Sobchak to scare off some vultures. And Cyrano4747 shows off the OP strength of being an admin, single handedly dispatching Fluffdaddy:rip: and iospace:rip: Jesus Christ!

Day Two has begun. I will post the update shortly.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It's a bloodbath!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RIP me :cry:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It's up to FIGHT ISLAND to do our forum proud now :(

Adbot