Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I know what’s going on:

“Those of you with accounts that haven’t been banned you know what to do.”

Something Sensitive directive

I’m not saying that Lowtax didn’t gently caress up but a lot of these pissed off posts are part of a campaign to inflame the community much more and sow greater anger. Again I’m not saying there shouldn’t be anger but there’s gasoline being poured on an already huge bonfire.

I’m sure other websites competing with SA and disgruntled ex members have the same idea.

Again I’m not implying that anger is wrong in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

who gives a gently caress

let them have their fun

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

who cares bitch

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
posting on SA to own lowtax

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
It's because deep down, people love drama and it gets them excited.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Piggy Smalls posted:

I know what’s going on:

I’m not saying that Lowtax didn’t gently caress up but a lot of these pissed off posts are part of a campaign to inflame the community much more and sow greater anger. Again I’m not saying there shouldn’t be anger but there’s gasoline being poured on an already huge bonfire.

I’m sure other websites competing with SA and disgruntled ex members have the same idea.

what the gently caress is this post op

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

EorayMel posted:

what the gently caress is this post op

I thought it was gibberish but then ppl started responding and I thought I was illegal r word

now idk

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I honestly feel bad for the people on Something Sensitive who have been obsessing over the SA forums for years.

It's just sad

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If Something Sensitive is powerful enough to take us down, we kind-of deserve to be taken down.

But I doubt it.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Lost of accounts were (are) posting in the pinned angry thread who I had never seen before that, if you checked, had gaps in their post history, like hadnt posted since 2015 or for years, but appeared for this.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Statutory Ape posted:

I thought it was gibberish but then ppl started responding and I thought I was illegal r word

now idk

hes saying all the crazy accusatory and inflammatory posts are something sensitive and kiwifarms posters but I think they are just angry people

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Raged posted:

I honestly feel bad for the people on Something Sensitive who have been obsessing over the SA forums for years.

It's just sad

same, but also for the people on Something Awful

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

same, but also for the people on Something Awful

same, but for all users of the internet.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
wow thousands of people might be logging in to shitpost as hard as they can and try to get the site taken down?

how long do you suppose this has been going on?

WarMonger
Jun 13, 2001

A Grand Egg posted:

Lost of accounts were (are) posting in the pinned angry thread who I had never seen before that, if you checked, had gaps in their post history, like hadnt posted since 2015 or for years, but appeared for this.

I come here exclusively to lurk in the Trump lol thread tbh

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
once we have proof that Lowtax is gone along with the modmins who enabled him, then we can have that discussion

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Come to my new offsite https://www.absolutelynowifebeatingatallipromisealsonopedos.com/forums/

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Piggy Smalls posted:

I know what’s going on:

Good time for the mods to honey trap a lot of Lowtax defenders, then. :kheldragar:

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Nastyman posted:

wow thousands of people might be logging in to shitpost as hard as they can and try to get the site taken down?

how long do you suppose this has been going on?

Since 1999

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
If SomethingSensitive can spike our numbers like that, then they won

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Absolutely Now If E-Beating(Off)

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 27, 2020

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I seriously thought SASS was dead at this point. How are they still around lol

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Are you sure it’s not actually the Russians, OP?

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
I managed to escape from this corner of the internet only to be pulled back looking for an old friend. I swear i didn't hear jack about the news until i saw the pins and wondered what the gently caress.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is this the thread where we start looting the toilet paper?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

hes saying all the crazy accusatory and inflammatory posts are something sensitive and kiwifarms posters but I think they are just angry people

The dumbest conspiracy theory I've heard today, that's something

Destroying the forum, by posting more!

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Piggy Smalls posted:

lol

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
now that lowtax is leaving phase 2 is restoring content and users to sa

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
is something sensitive even still a thing? loool

if it even is, do you really think theres more than 15 people that post there?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

cook hotdogs on the fire :)

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I had no idea any of this was going on, I just happened to log in for the first time in months (maybe years) because I was bored at work.

My return wasn't the happy one that I hoped it to be.

DrOnline
Oct 21, 2007
Nobody told me there were competing sites I could have poo poo posted in

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pretty sure it has more to do with people who have been in the subforums and stayed out of GBS coming in to get the latest news on the future of their favorite games/politics/computer/sports/pets/food/podcasts/books/guns/drugs/coupons/whatever forum.

On a good night there'd be about 500 people in GBS before all this went down. But there's a ton of other, more specific subforums and while none of those may have THAT many posters, when they all go to the same place at once, it's a pretty decent number.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
yeah here he is

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
i stopped checking in mostly after the pandemic hit, not even sure why. also partly because of the earlier drama and forum closures. is there a thread that has all the info for whatever the gently caress this recent drama was? or was that locked away? or is talking about it bannable?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

wane tendo posted:

i stopped checking in mostly after the pandemic hit, not even sure why. also partly because of the earlier drama and forum closures. is there a thread that has all the info for whatever the gently caress this recent drama was? or was that locked away? or is talking about it bannable?

it's stickied and big

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I wish Lowtax had a spike through his member.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

wane tendo posted:

Spoiler alert: stop donating money to Lowtax's Patreon.

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
i showed up because i thought i should get some posts in before it's all gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
They just shut down the Lotax abuser thread...cowards.