Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bit into a slice of Dave's Killer Bread for breakfast this morning and ended up with a shard of broken glass between my teeth.

The bread (shard is visible on the counter to the left):

Close up on the shard, with pinkie-nail for scale:

Stay safe, bread-eating goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
sue

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Well it didn't kill you, did it?

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
bob

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I was very fortunate not to be cut (I bit into the glass flatwise instead of driving the point into my gums). I dunno if I have grounds to sue.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Devils Affricate posted:

Well it didn't kill you, did it?

I do feel stronger now that you mention it.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Applewhite posted:

I was very fortunate not to be cut (I bit into the glass flatwise instead of driving the point into my gums). I dunno if I have grounds to sue.

put it back into your mouth and try again

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Quality control personnel is out with the roni, and their replacement doesnt give a gently caress.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

It appears that this Dave fellow not only makes bread, but plays guitar, blows glass, and is totally ripped. A real renaissance man.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spandex Bonerlord posted:

Quality control personnel is out with the roni, and their replacement doesnt give a gently caress.

Apparently. poo poo.

I slapped the bread out of my kids' mouths the second I realized what I'd bitten into.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
"Dave Dahl (born January 12, 1963) is an American entrepreneur, known for co-founding Dave's Killer Bread. Prior to it, he had served a total of over 15 years in prison for multiple offenses including drug distribution, burglary, armed robbery, and assault."

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

Extra Large Marge posted:

"Dave Dahl (born January 12, 1963) is an American entrepreneur, known for co-founding Dave's Killer Bread. Prior to it, he had served a total of over 15 years in prison for multiple offenses including drug distribution, burglary, armed robbery, and assault."

now he's putting glass shrapnel in bread and making you pay for it. the man is a true entrepreneur

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Sue for what? Truth In advertisement?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lmao the man knows how to make killer bread for sure

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

DrManiac posted:

He survived, didn’t he?

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

DrManiac posted:

OP isnt dead!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

DrManiac posted:

“This bread didn’t kill me! Now make good on your promise or give me my money back!”

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

That's how you know it's organic. They use real shards of glass, not the fake stuff like Big Bread.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
One time I bought some specialty bread that was particularly dense and had just a ton of various seeds in it. I made myself a sandwich and it just about killed me passing through my bowels.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
God damnit I just bought a bunch of this!!!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

big dyke energy posted:

God damnit I just bought a bunch of this!!!

It’s my very favorite bread and I’m gonna be pissed if I have to switch brands now.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

That's how you know it's organic. They use real shards of glass, not the fake stuff like Big Bread.

You only find shards of plastic in Wonderbread. Ugh. Don’t they know how bad plastic is for the environment?

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

It's just a Good Seed. Eat it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

There is probably some label information on the bag that would ID when/where is was baked. The company would probably appreciate an email or call about it to track down what went wrong. I would trust Dave's over wonderbread for example. Although I guess the issue could be a dense bread with seeds in it hides glass better.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Full Metal Jackass posted:

One time I bought some specialty bread that was particularly dense and had just a ton of various seeds in it. I made myself a sandwich and it just about killed me passing through my bowels.

I mean you should have known what you were getting when you bought Sandblaster (tm) Bread.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

tangy yet delightful posted:

There is probably some label information on the bag that would ID when/where is was baked. The company would probably appreciate an email or call about it to track down what went wrong. I would trust Dave's over wonderbread for example. Although I guess the issue could be a dense bread with seeds in it hides glass better.

Yeah I gave them a call but it’s outside their office hours until Monday.

naem
May 29, 2011

I’m galad you’re not dead

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got some “Good Seed” for you, OP!

Stooge
Aug 27, 2018

Think of it as an equivalent to a cereal box prize.

Now all you need is rusty nail, employees tooth, and gun, to complete the set!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I think it was me, I suggested Dave eat something and he mistakenly added a "g" to the front.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
those are prizes

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Universe Master posted:

I think it was me, I suggested Dave eat something and he mistakenly added a "g" to the front.

You suggested he eat lass?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I have a loaf of that right now. I got the thin slices tho. Less room for glass to hide.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I tried this bread a few weeks ago - I made a single sandwich from it and hated it.

Sorry about your murderous loaf, OP.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Fray posted:

I mean you should have known what you were getting when you bought Sandblaster (tm) Bread.

I should have known when the label had a grit rating.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i can completely empathize, op. lately all the sliced bread I've bought has been stale before I even opened it.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This is bread not made from whole wheat, but rather, from whole cheat.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Extra Large Marge posted:

Can it really be Dave’s Killer Bread if the only thing he didn’t go to jail for was murder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

MoonshineWilly posted:

Can it really be Dave’s Killer Bread if the only thing he didn’t go to jail for was murder?

That's what the glass is for!!!!