Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Vakal posted:

The only tv cook that I've ever given a poo poo about.

Holy poo poo I forgot all about this, great show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxon
Jan 21, 2006
NEEDS MORE CRIT

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I hate how a lot of pasta sauce is too sweet. How's the sweetness on this?

It's not cloyingly sweet, and the flavors that I've tried have all been well-balanced. It's the only sauce I buy, but I only get it when it's on sale (it's typically $7-9 retail).

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Emeril Le Gassy *fart*

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.

Saxon posted:

It's not cloyingly sweet, and the flavors that I've tried have all been well-balanced. It's the only sauce I buy, but I only get it when it's on sale (it's typically $7-9 retail).

You could make a gigantic pot of homemade sauce for that price and just freeze the leftover. It would taste better than store bought even if you are the worst cook of all time.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Emeril Live

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I like when he picks up a clove of garlic and people lose their poo poo.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my man Guy Fieri could beat the poo poo outta Emril OP

:blastu:

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I wish I had a spice weasel

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Emril's restaurant in New Orleans was pretty good and his time at Commanders Palace is well remembered. Even if he's no longer as popular I appreciate him helping further popularize New Orleans cooking traditions in the US.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chinatown posted:

my man Guy Fieri could beat the poo poo outta Emril OP

:blastu:

Afaik Emeril's never been accused of being a slime around women, homophobic, or antisemitic, so Guy's definitely beating the poo poo out of him in certain areas.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am curious the levels of gently caress up occurred with Emeril. He basically built the Food Network and now he's vanished from the network. The dude should have gotten himself a serious high ranking position within the network. Could have been a god like Alton Brown or Bobby Flay.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I always liked emeril, did he turn out to be a shitbag or something i hope he didnt

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
mods please change my name to Emeril Lagoatse

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
has anybody posted 'bam' yet

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

shirunei posted:

You could make a gigantic pot of homemade sauce for that price and just freeze the leftover. It would taste better than store bought even if you are the worst cook of all time.

i work a 9-5 leave that sauce making to some factory in upstate new york

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Grump posted:

i work a 9-5 leave that sauce making to some factory in upstate new york

You can dump a bunch of poo poo into a slower cooker, leave for work and come home to good pasta sauce. Literally just open cans tomato products and dump it in a pot with some spices and onions and call it a day. Maybe add some cooked sausage or beef if you want to... kick it up a notch.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Who needs a slow cooker? Just got a decent sized pot and use low heat, all you need is an hour or two of simmering. Sauce always tastes better in the days after anyhow.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Agent Escalus posted:

Who needs a slow cooker? Just got a decent sized pot and use low heat, all you need is an hour or two of simmering. Sauce always tastes better in the days after anyhow.

Additionally you can piss into it

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
emeril always seems cool when he's on top chef, he always has this twinkle in his eye like hes santa clause

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
lagasse ran real restaurants for years, a thing that is surprisingly rare in food network personalities nowadays. unlike most real restaurants they made serious money. so he went back to doing that

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Emeril Legasov - The Cost of Pies.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Emeril Lagasse as he deposits cayenne pepper directly into my bloodshot eyes as I wail in agony "BAM!!! YA friggin homo!!!"

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Agent Escalus posted:

guess what thats an hour or two more than my lady Rao takes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im about to take an emril legassy

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I am curious the levels of gently caress up occurred with Emeril. He basically built the Food Network and now he's vanished from the network. The dude should have gotten himself a serious high ranking position within the network. Could have been a god like Alton Brown or Bobby Flay.

The main reason why Emeril Lagasse was canned at Food Network and has basically disappeared since then is because he was never able to grow and progress with food TV culture and never cared to. He was still filming the same old dull material at the show's cancellation in 2007 as he was back in the 90s and was never able to elevate his style and fun to what other more popular food shows on Food Network, and more importantly, other channels were hooking viewers on years later. Plus I'm sure they were paying the dude crazy money for a show that no one cared about.

I hear he was just plain bored by TV at a certain point and wanted to focus on his restaurants and private life too.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

TV celebrity chefs have been supplanted by YouTube celebrity chefs.

Emeril was dethroned by Chef JOHN, from FOOOOOOod wishes dot coooom

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Tom Gorman posted:

I like the cowboy guy who cooks in a farm or something, cowboy recipes

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Tom Gorman posted:

Also very true. Stuff like Binging with Babish or Bon Appétit is like 900x more popular than TV chefs today and should be.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Hell, there's more folks following Steve1989 than most Food Network chefs. Now let's get this out onto a tray!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Also very true. Stuff like Binging with Babish or Bon Appétit is like 900x more popular than TV chefs today and should be.

*timelapse camera directly over food being made video*

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Tom Gorman posted:

Dude's voice is a serious trigger for me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've never watched a single chef john video but i like a lot of his recipes. most of them hit right in my range of cost, effort, and skill.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The virgin Emeril

The chad Fieri

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Although the one true cooking legend is the host of Iron Chef America who went on to star in John Wick 3 as a master assassin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPtMHSYtPc4

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Tim Whatley posted:

Although the one true cooking legend is the host of Iron Chef America who went on to star in John Wick 3 as a master assassin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPtMHSYtPc4

:wth: you're right. The entire time that guy was insanely recognizable to me and I couldn't put my finger on it. Dude rules.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Emeril La:gas:se

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Is he still around or did flavortown beat him out of the spotlight?

Dude's on QVC now. I dunno for sure but that seems like a big downgrade from jabbing your own cable show.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Blistex posted:

Dude's voice is a serious trigger for me.

That dude's voice drives me apeshit; my ADHD is far too severe to tolerate such repetitious intonation, I get aggravated about it even though I know I shouldn't.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

:wth: you're right. The entire time that guy was insanely recognizable to me and I couldn't put my finger on it. Dude rules.

Whoa what the gently caress bro my mind is loving blown. He was like the best part of that movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

He may be a dill :rimshot: but he completely fixed my deviled eggs. I had been overly mayonnaisey and didn't have the right ratios.
His recipe actually kicked it up a notch and made it a staple of office potlucks. The one time I thought I'd "try something different" I was informed that this was a misstep.