Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
I only just now found this thread.

On the advice of some friends, a couple of them goons, I started this show back in April. A few episodes a week. I only just now finished it today, trying to get under the wire of it leaving Netflix. With 5x12 and 5x13.

This was a really great show that understood its characters very well, was incredibly subversive for a network show, and way ahead of some of the ideas that were coming into the public consciousness soon after. The proceduralish seasons were very good, mostly on the strength of Michael Emerson and some great guest actors. Taraji P Henson gets better as the show goes on, and Caviezel actually fits just fine as an out-of-place Eastwood-style action hero type in a show where that doesn't quite work all the time. Chapman, Shahi, and Acker are all awesome. The guest actors and POIs are almost all awesome too.

When the show goes full on cyberpunk it gets even better. It's been a while since I had a show that I had to stop and think "wtf" even when I 100% understood what was going on.

I wish I had found it sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU