Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi - Forbidden forests on outskirts of Corinth, the Jaaskir refugee village in the unclaimed territory

The rabbit flinched in the moonlight, an errant twig cracking like a funeral bell. But she was no match for the newly trained hunter that skewered it with a worn arrow. Proudly, the boy watched his brother stride forward and grab his prize, the only meat his family would get for days. Seeing the trophy, Paul began to drool in anticipation, and couldn’t help calling out in joy. With a look of shock and fear, the hunter turned to hush him as suddenly the tall willow looming behind where the rabbit had been grazing began to shake and twist.

Calling for his older brother to look out, Paul saw the tree come alive and curl around the boy's arms with its thick branches. As the snap of bones echoed around the small clearing they’d been hunting in, the warnings his father had given them about staying out of the forest at night muted out reality. Hyperventilating, Paul ducked into a scraggly bush and clamped his hand over his mouth. He forced his eyes shut as the sound of tearing and dripping pierced the silent night.

Half mad with starvation and grief his spirit screamed for someone, anyone to save him. In that moment, a cool breeze shook the canopy of the forest, and the moonlight began to twist with the shadows cast by the thick foliage. The tree creature stopped part way through its meal, confusion spreading over its craggy bark as tendrils of light and dark began to snake toward him across the pale grass.

More scared than before, the young kit watched tendrils of gloom swiftly form a wall surrounding him. And In his head, he heard a soft voice ask him “You who have summoned me, do you want to be saved? Bind yourself to me, and I shall protect you”

Use my Moonlight [+2] to set up a calming display of light and color within the shadow wall to allay the boy’s fears and get him to calm down enough to trust me and not try to run.

Also, use Shadows [+2] to wrap shadow tentacles around the offending creature and destroy it has a show of power and good faith

sandnavyguy fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi - Forbidden forests on outskirts of Corinth, the Jaaskir refugee village in the unclaimed territory

“What is your dearest wish boy, tell me so that I may grant you the power you desire.”

“I want…” Paul said, barely whispering as the lights began to swirl like lace up his arms, “to go home. I want us to live happy again, in our forest.” The strands of color began to pulse as they reached his neck, branching off toward his eyes and mouth.

“It won’t be easy,” The shadows whispered, "the path will be treacherous, and the journey painful.”

“I want us to be Safe,” Paul cried, while the coils dove into him, a warm gentle feeling becoming a rush.

“Strong,” he bellowed as his feet began to lift off of the floor, his veins glowing beneath the pale red fur.

“Forever.” at this his back went rigid and he looked straight into the wisps of Seriphi, wide eyes gazing deep into his abyss.

“Very well, my child... My servant. The pact is sealed.”

With a crack like thunder, Paul leapt from the bushes where he’d been hiding, eyes bright and full of light which pierced the night. Knocking aside a snake creature that had prepared to feast on his brother’s corpse, Paul picked him up and began to sprint toward the direction they'd came from. Though he'd been nearly blind as he wandered into the forest gloom, now he could see everything in vivid layers of white and green, bright as a summer’s day. His body no longer ached from hunger, and vigor pulsed through him while the moon glinted in the sky. As he ran, the trees started to come alive with all manner of night-kin.Though he was stronger now and full of adrenaline, he was no hunter, and it would take Quick thinking for Seraphi to guide him safely back to his village.

Using Moonlight [+2], guide Paul back to the village with a glowing trail only he can see with his moon-enhanced eyes, while also using Shadows[+2] to keep monstrous beings at bay until he arrives. His brother Jasper had taken him just a few miles into the woods so not too far out. We’ll have to deal with convincing the villagers once we arrive.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi - at the gates of the Jaaskir Refugee village of Canorith

Breaking through the final grove of trees before the tall gates, Paul began to pound on the wood and stone, his brother at his feet. Despite his screaming and the creaking of the wood, only the dark eyes of the night guard peered through the slats in the wall. “Well well. Someone didn’t listen. Again.”

“Just let me in! Jasper’s dead, Please!”

“What?! drat it we told you to stay out of there! And now you’re bringing in monsters? You know the rules”

Despite the quickly approaching dawn and steady lightening of the sky, the sounds of howling and screeching did not cease with the monsters’fury at losing their quarry. Paul presses his muzzle against the space and when the guard saw his Eyes wild and twinkling with otherworldly light, he gasped and stepped back sputtering.

Suddenly the guard was knocked out of the way as an older woman pushed her way to the front of the door. “ by the gods it’s Dawn, you can unlock the gate! Damien if You don’t let that boy in *YOU* are going to be our next scout lead, lottery or no lottery, is that clear?” The elder snapped

“Grandma!”

“Paul? Heavens be, open this gate!”

Grudgingly the guard struggled as the wall slid open just wide enough to accept the boy and went out to grab Jasper’s body as well.

Collapsing to the ground at his grandmother’s feet, Paul felt the adrenaline and warmth leave his body in a rush as Seraphi lessened his grasp, no longer possessing him. From his body snakes of light came from his eyes and mouth coalescing into a shimmering sphere of swirling white. The woman grabbed at Paul and held him in a protective embrace as the guard ran screaming toward the center of the village and the nights watch hut.

Reforming into a rough shape of a tall Jaaskir hunter, Seraphi isolates the three of them in a shell of daarkness and prepares to introduce himself properly.

Addressing the Elder, Seraphi could tell that she had the most authority from the way she carried herself despite her obvious hunger and exhaustion, and this was an important moment in establishing himself as their guiding light.

Using Moonlight [+2] try to give the elder woman a vision of what I want, that being servitude and loyalty in exchange for safety and the power to reclaim what once was theirs. Continue trying to use shadow [+2] to isolate the scene and try to continue uninterrupted and use my shadow tentacles to close the heavy gate. However, The Day is beginning to rapidly brighten and because of Light Sensitive [-2] my abilities are becoming less pronounced and more hazy/fading. before the night disappears completely I will have to find a vessel to possess (Paul or the Elder)or dark container.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi - Jaaskir Refugee village of Canorith

Now Inside the guard’s mind, Seraphi walked toward the center of the village, as several Jaaskir began wailing at the sight of Jasper’s body, carried on Damien and Paul’s shoulders. The day had begun to turn bright and warm, but safely within the confines of his host Seraphi felt no pain or weakness.

Staring around at the ramshackle huts and frightened, sunken eyes of the gaunt villagers that remained, Seraphi’s determination rose.

Following the make-shift funeral procession and Stepping into a larger curtained cabin of sorts, Paul’s large family and the tribal elders were washing down the body in prayer and ritual.

As they prayed Seraphi could hear their thoughts. His people were broken, dying, and downtrodden. Along with their cries of lamentations for the dead youth, Seraphi could hear a cacophony of desperation and grim fatalism in their thoughts. Hope, let alone faith, was shattered and scarce for the refugees, few remembering the fleeting comfort of home before the bloody human war.

“No. This won’t do.” Seraphi called out, drawing attention from a few of those gathered.

It is time they saw a taste of my power…

Use moonlight [+2] to create glowing light and bursts of color from his eyes. We gotta make a show of it after all! Use shadows [+2] to wrap the guard in armor of shadow like muscles, and create a display of shadowy vines to block exits so they don’t run screaming toward an exit.

sandnavyguy fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 18, 2020

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi- Jaaskir refugee village of Corinth

The people were shocked at the sudden change in the guard’s form, and though not hostile Seraphi could sense a wall between themselves and the village. Their heart rent from the people’s lamentations, Seraphi was determined to make their presence known. But now was not the time. They could feel the elder wasn’t ready .

“Calm yourselves, I mean you no harm. But if this sight terrifies you, if this boy’s dead body wounds you, and if you scramble for what was once known as hope, come to the gates tonight at dusk and await our return. Soon, you all will find your strength once more, children.”

Bounding away with a whirl of darkness, he sprinted to the edge of the village near the guardhouse.

“My warrior. What is thy name?” Seraphi spoke from within him as they ran.

The guard didn’t speak, but Seraphi could feel his response without words, "Dar."

“Very well, Dar, come. Let us adjourn to the forest, and we shall return at nightfall with gifts for my children. Fear not, for I walk with you.”

With a sudden leap, Dar bounded up and over the high wall, his reinforced legs absorbing the shock of his heavy frame as his heels dug into the earth. Seraphi could feel Dar’s rapid and confused heartbeat, but using his sense of muscle memory, They ran deep into the thick foliage.

Seraphi needed some proof of his intent, something to show he had the villagers' interests at heart. Monsters had driven them near to extinction and monsters would become their salvation. Seraphi would test this warrior’s mettle in combat, and stack the trophies of their hunt at the elders feet that evening as an offering. But first, they needed to find the elusive demons.

In the daylight the forest was still dangerous, but much less so, and Seraphi cast their gaze about looking for the creatures’ shelter. Seraphi spotted a wide mouthed cave in the distance and as they approached Dar’s anxiety began to spike. Reading the tension like a book, Seraphi was certain that this was the correct choice.

“Excellent,” Seraphi thought, “this should do just fine”

With that they slowly entered the pitch black cavern, and began hunting down their quarry.

Use moonlight +2 to see in the dark and maintain situational awareness, and in the dark be able to use shadows+2 to deal with any enemies they may find

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi- forbidden forest near refugee village of Corinth

Stepping out of the darkness of the cave, Dar walked forward slowly, his shadow enhanced muscles glistening with the inky blood of the monsters he’d slain. Taking a look at the setting sun the warrior smiled, and Seraphi started to sprint toward the village gates. As he did so his shadow like tentacles carried the creatures aloft, the bodies of more than a dozen monsters trailing behind him. Arriving at the tall wall, Dar leaped up and over it with a single bound while the tentacles stayed out of sight beyond the village border

Gathered together, where he’d asked them to be, Seraphi saw more than half the village, huddled and scared by his new body, but also desperate for something to save them. Scanning the crowd, he saw paul hugging tightly to the elder’s torso, concern in his eyes.

Sending forth a blinding array of color from his eyes to enhance his speech now that the sky had turned a deep violet dusk, Seraphi addressed the Jaaskir:

“You, who have summoned me, I’ve heard your calls. I’ve heard the lamentations of grieving parents and the cries of orphaned children. i've seen you cower against the onslaught of the night and the pain of hunger.

But I have come to awnser those prayers,” As he continues he punctuates each sentence by reeling in one of his shadow tentacles from over the wall and throwing the mangled monster corpses on the ground in front of them:

“I am your god.” Thud.
“I am your guidance.” Thwack, two bodies at once.
“I am your king”, spoken in Dar’s own voice as three more land on the parched earth.
“And, more than all else, I am your savior.” Six more bodies join the pile, stacked trophies at their feet.
“ my actions, you see, are louder than words. These… creatures will no longer be of concern to you. You may eat to your heart's content.”

And, again in Dar’s booming voice, “And we shall drive the humans from their fortresses and reclaim our righteous place, as masters of the forests and guardians of the hills.”

“So I ask of you. Will you bind your souls to me?”

Use Moonlight +2 to spread an array of colors to emphasize the speech, use +2 shadows to make the visceral display. If the shadows do not work, then the speech continues as is without props, but regardless use +2 shadows to make an enthralling choreographed display of power in and of themselves

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi- Refugee Village of Corinth

Seraphi can feel Dar's anger and sense of betrayal at the elders,as they turn their backs on the only power that might save them. In the recesses of the warriors mind Seraphi could hear him growling that a quick swipe, a single blast into one of them would quickly make the rest fall in line, but at this the spirit quickly rebuked him.

"These Art mine Children, Warrior Priest. Verily, would you strike your child down and kill them when they pout and rebel against you? No, this is no more than a tantrum. A test of our resolve. And we shall answer it."

"CHILDREN," his voice boomed over the din of the nocturnal forest, "AS YOUR BENEVOLENT RULER I SHALL PROVE TO YOU MY POWER. AT MIDNIGHT, WE SHALL HUNT UNTIL WE BRING ENOUGH FOOD BACK TO ELIMINATE EVERYONES HUNGER, AND ENOUGH PELTS TO KEEP WARM THE BRITTLEST OF SOULS. THOUGH AT THE MOMENT YOU STAND DIVIDED, TONIGHT YOU WILL SEE OUR DEDICATION."

Amongst the gathered people, Seraphi chooses the nine strongest hunters to join him, and though they would not be fully poseesed, he would try to enhance them, that they may be a team that would etch the first stanza of the young gods epic. That of the Hunt of Birthing. For not only would they raid the forest, but the forest roadways as well.

Use moonlight +2 to enhance the eyesight and spatial awareness of the nine hunters, as well as shadow +2 to form protective armors and deadly weapons for them to wield as they enter the forest to hunt and gather supplies.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi- In the refugee Village of Corinth

Seraphi paced the village outskirts, Car’s frustration beginning to bleed across into his own thoughts. This simply wouldn’t do, not when there were hoards of humans that needed to be wiped away so his people could thrive. Seraphi headed back to the center of the village and announced to his hunters that he would teach them the waves of war, and that the 10 best would be rewarded as his vanguard.

Months pass as he trains and tests his people, slowly reworking their frail forms each night with speeches and sparring; using muscle memory and psychological training in an attempt to shift them away from frightened mewling kits into resilient Feline hunter-warriors, Seraphi slowly built his forces.

While this is all being attempted, Seraphi’s nightly hunts refill the village larder, and his shadows act as a deterrent for any ambush that may occur, giving the elderly solid proof of protection and goodwill in an attempt to lessen their staunch conservatism and fear.

Using moonlight +2 to assist in the psychological reconditioning, similar to an intense boot camp dynamic, and shadows +2 to help them learn fighting techniques. All training will be held in the dark, in order to increase effectiveness.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

SERAPHI- Village of Corinth New Throne room

From his vantage point on Dar's throne in the center square, Seraphi looked on, troubled, even as his people become better, faster, stronger. Not only was it true that the village was in need of expansion and goods that could not be provided within the confines of the clearing, but their prey seemingly had no end. Suddenly as he watched the guards haul up the gates and hike up shields to cover the walls, an idea popped into existence.

"If they can not do this alone, I must provide protection myself. I shall manifest in our greatest warriors, my priest, and together we shall create a hunting party to gathered the required magics to purge these creatures from our lands. We will need the essence of the leader of each monstrous being; the Kraken that swimeth, The serpent which lashes, the plants that strangle, and the beast which stalks the caves. Once we have gathered these, I can prepare a ritual that will repel and end the blight upon this cursed forest that we may make our triumphant return to our homes of ages past."

Seraphi knew thatthe only way to defeat these monsters was to drive them away, and this was the only way he knew how.

So Seraphi and Dar gathered their vanguard of 4 of the best hunters in the village at midnight by the gate and spoke gravely as they kneeled before them.

"Though you have faught hard, children, dedication alone will not be enough. I will have to create a permanent, intensive version of your weaponry and skills for each of you. Alas, I cannot move within each of you as we are now, and I require new conviction. To do so, I require you all to take an oath, a vow of loyalty and become my hands. I shall grant your truest desires, and in return you shall serve me even unto the dark of the ever after. Will you, then, take me as your savior, and allow me to bring salvation to our people?"

if possible, Using Moonlight +2 and shadows +2, present each of the four, (Daniel, Deb, Liza, and Farin) with the choice to become vessels for Seraphi. [Seraphi can control enhance them beyond their normal limits, similarly to Dar, but not as finely tuned (think a good step below Dar) but only as long as they are within very close proximity. this range will decrease as daylight brightens, to an area of about a small house at smallest to several hundred feet at darkest, allowing for limited telepathy between hosts. Otherwise the shadows within them slumber weakening them back to a normal state until they're back in range.] Then, using Shadows +2, prepare new gear for them and get ready to head out to hunt down the 4 beasts.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi- Refugee village of Corinth

Before they can begin their hunt, Seraphi knows they must be well equipped. Simple shadow weapons won’t do, however. No, they must be more... tangible.

Using Dar’s powerful arms, Seraphi begins to tend monster flesh from the latest quarry, ripping away strips and shards as Seraphi begins crafting the gear that would forever be known as the Blades of shadow.

While he works, deftly and quickly, His new vanguard begin chanting in ancient tongues, their eyes aglow as Seraphi whispers the words in their ears. From each of the four comes a pillar of milky light, coalescing on the light leather armors lined up against the wall.

Yes... these are the armaments of the true Jaaskir warriors.

Use Moonlight +2 to form cloaks of moon, permanent armor that grants passive bonuses tied to guile and charm, and shadows +2 to craft monster Imbued weaponry that are extremely strong and grant poison-like qualities by injecting the victim With bits of shadow from Seraphi himself.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi- Forbidden Forest Cave

As Seraphis vanguard approached the yawning mouth of the cave, the final vestiges of daylight began to burn away, leaving only black to fall over the beaten path. Awakening their new sense of moonlight guidance they could see as if it were midday despite the inky gloom.

“Here,” Dar spoke, his voice resonating with Seraphi’s influence, “ is the cave where we shall find the hardiest beast. If you are truly my flock of warriors, seal the cave behind us with large boulders, and douse your torches.”

More than a test of will, Seraphi needed it to be as dark as possible to fend off the drones within the twisting tunnels, and to pierce the thick carapace of the razor fang queen. The team must be both supple and pliable enough to be easily manipulated around the battlefield, while also firm enough from training and enhancement to carry forth their holy mission.

In particular, Seraphi could read Dars thoughts of fear, muted though still present, and would use his innate sense of danger to pinpoint the creatures that can blend in to the dark. But of course, so could Seraphi. The core stone within the Queens belly would certainly be within their grasp.

Using Moonlight +2 navigate the caves infrastructure and fend off minor drone attacks with the vanguard before entering battle with the deadly Queen. Use Dar specifically and shadow +2 as razor sharp tentacles to war with the Queen upon locating her, with the vanguard as support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Seraphi- Forbiiden Forest

Dar screamed in bloody victory, his roar piercing the air a ringing out through the entire forest.

Seraphi felt almost elated by the amount of endorphins he was feeling pulse through his warriors. But he could not rest.

Reaching into the shredded carcass of the Queen, he pulled out a globular yellow crystal. It throbbed with warmth, and as Dar gave it to the vanguard they began to chant, eyes aglow.

"THROUGH DARKEST SHADOW MAY TRUTHS LIGHT SHINE, AND FROM THIS STONE WE BANISH THINE KIND"

Seraphi channeled the ancient tongue through them all as the forest shook and a wind whipped the canopy outside the cave.

It was through this spell he would banish the creatures from their hunting grounds, clearing a safe swath of passage in and out of the village itself and to the roads. but importantly, it should keep out intruders as well who will instead fall prey to the monsters that had plagued them for so long.

"Now my children, it is time to hunt properly. let us begin our crusade in my most holy name, and begin reclaiming our lands!"

using moonlight +2 use the pheremone magic to purge the monsters from the areas surrounding the village, pushing them more toward the main roads and previously safe territories. Using Shadows+2 attempt to locate any human camps nearby.