Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GD_American posted:

Big horrible war you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9MxWuAdBg0

(Dunno if it's NWS per se, but....uh....it's intense)

Wait did the kid get his head vaporized or did he duck inside his suit? Or is that another kid ducking inside his suit while his buddy got iced?

As for my contribution, here's the Warlord Battle Titan, specifically the Lucius Pattern:

Warhammer 40K is well known for having elaborate and baroque designs, and the currently available Mars Pattern Warlord is way more rounded and ornate than the Lucius. But I love how no-frills the Lucius is compared to any other titan the Imperium fields. It is a no nonsense, straight to the point machine designed solely for killing anything it comes across with no time to stand on ceremony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Midjack posted:

Kid got decapitated on screen.

Okay, I've seen the gif before but not the whole scene. The cut from the kid getting his head blown off to the other kid hiding deeper into his suit confuses me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Marsupial Ape posted:

GW actually has a beginner’s kit if 3 ultramarines and all the paint/brushes you need to paint them for 40 bucks. I’m having an internal conversation about how the first shot of heroine is always the cheapest.

You sure you didn't mean to respond to me in the gunpla thread?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Marsupial Ape posted:

No. I see Warhammer 4K, I have to publicly talk myself out of buying minis.

Save up and embrace Forge World prices.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can't believe I didn't see the Scopedog silhouette in the Atlas Battlemech. It has changed but that original lineart is a straight up trace.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you haven't played Iron Harvest you should. The 1920+ mechs look sooooo good in motion.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's lovely but the designs are cool and this is the cool mecha thread.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

IronicDongz posted:

Usually I'm able to suspend my disbelief wrt practicality of mechs(at least to an extent), but in the context of a world war setting the only thing I can think about is a shell from a bunker hundreds of yards away smashing into these needlessly high profile robot's flimsy midsections

This is why Orks are da Best. Their Gargant mechas all have armored aprons and skirts that protect the legs and tracks so they're more like giant artillery towers crossed with weapons zed cranes.