Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Rad-daddio posted:

Did Patton Oswalt's wife contribute anything to the investigation, or was she mostly a true crime writer who gave him a better name?

Didn't she theorize that he was in law enforcement before that was accepted more broadly, or is that just post-mortem aggrandizement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

LGD posted:

which given how much egregious lawbreaking cops get away with both then and now really raises some questions about what they might have known or suspected imo

the local DA announced out of the nowhere that they'd caught him via some ancestry DNA kit bullshit like 2 days after the police shot an unarmed black man and she was about to lose her job

they'd known for years who it was

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hell Yeah posted:

there's a new murderer out there he is known only as the Small Dicked Killer
he could have a small dick. or he could kill those with a small dick. or kill ladies who have been small-dicked
or if theres a comma after small he could be a really short guy with a massive wang

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

LabyaMynora posted:

Didn't she theorize that he was in law enforcement before that was accepted more broadly, or is that just post-mortem aggrandizement?

back in the 70s they theorized that he was in law enforcement, mostly because they couldn't ever find any forensic evidence to hit him with - he seemed to be very aware of what investigators would be looking for, and how to defeat evidence collection

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Salty Josh posted:

I still think Patty did it.

Never liked the thumb shaped rear end in a top hat.

Another goon had a story fro ma friend who used to work with Patton off and on and it was claimed that he was always throwing tantrums for minor stuff. Like sweeping en entire craft services table to the floor because filming was starting a little late.

Granted, it's like fourth hand info but I think other have said similar things about him

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The book is pretty great as far as true crime stuff goes. Its crazy how close law enforcement came to physically catching him multiple times.

Yeah it's an interesting book, and the memoir-ish stuff about McNamara's life doesnt detract from it imo. I do think some of the unfinished parts did though, like one chapter was just the transcript of an interview she had with someone (victim or detective maybe?)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Patton oswald has never wasted food and you know it

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

Another goon had a story fro ma friend who used to work with Patton off and on and it was claimed that he was always throwing tantrums for minor stuff. Like sweeping en entire craft services table to the floor because filming was starting a little late.

Granted, it's like fourth hand info but I think other have said similar things about him

I like Patton but he does seem like the type to turn into a giant pissbaby on a dime.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

the local DA announced out of the nowhere that they'd caught him via some ancestry DNA kit bullshit like 2 days after the police shot an unarmed black man and she was about to lose her job

they'd known for years who it was

Blog about it

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

A cop killing people? Doesn't add up imo

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
book em boys

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Salty Josh posted:

I still think Patty did it.

Never liked the thumb shaped rear end in a top hat.

same but how do you know that patton oswalt has a thumb shaped rear end in a top hat?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
When you really think about it, it's kind of sad that he got caught.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

The White Dragon posted:

same but how do you know that patton oswalt has a thumb shaped rear end in a top hat?

i havent met an rear end in a top hat i couldnt fit my thumb in

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
End of an era. I really hope the next season of Mindhunter is about failing to catch this dude.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

End of an era. I really hope the next season of Mindhunter is about failing to catch this dude.

Mindhunter is basically canceled. Everyone's been released from their contracts.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

"i don't want money, i want rape"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Why do people keep saying he has a small dick, I heard it was a totally average and normal 3"?

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
That’s unsettling.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
He had a tiny dick and smelled like poo poo lol

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

henkman posted:

He had a tiny dick and smelled like poo poo lol

lmao are we talking about the golden State Killer or lowtax boom

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

LabyaMynora posted:

Mindhunter is basically canceled. Everyone's been released from their contracts.

WHAT?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hes got time to be a full time mod here now

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

WHAT?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I honestly think David Fincher was only interested in it for the first season, and then it became a chore for him. Too bad, it could've been great.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I prefer the moniker East Area Rapist myself. :colbert:

sorry, i'm not calling you that

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Or the zodiac killer

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Uh Chief, we might have a problem

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Have there been any official studies on serial killers and penis size? It seems like it would be a thing. Like hundreds of years of studying forensics and psychology and all along it was mostly they just had li’l peepees.

Phrenology is a valid science after all - they were just studying the wrong heads.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Wizchine posted:

Phrenology is a valid science after all - they were just studying the wrong heads.

Penology lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sid Vicious posted:

Penology lol

lmao

all taking calipers to weiners, hmmming and ah, yes-ing over the contours

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Code Jockey posted:

lmao

all taking calipers to weiners, hmmming and ah, yes-ing over the contours

lmao zis bump does not belong here

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

do they have calipers that can measure a right angle? asking for a friend

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Statutory Ape posted:

do they have calipers that can measure a right angle? asking for a friend

lmao

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LabyaMynora posted:

That really sucks. Dang. Was David Fincher unable to reach a new deal with Netflix or did he lose his passion for the project? Season 2 was loving excellent.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

That really sucks. Dang. Was David Fincher unable to reach a new deal with Netflix or did he lose his passion for the project? Season 2 was loving excellent.

yeah :(

it just seems weird to abandon it, afaik it was well received and the selection of Rader as a framing device and some of the decisions they made in season 2 only really make sense in the context of a plan for a longer series

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

netflix is only interested in the first season to bring in new subscriptions, and sometimes I guess they are forced to make a second season and then they are allowed to cancel it.

Also, I hated the first episode of a documentary. I don't want to hear Patton Oswalt talk about his wife, I'm tired of hearing him talk in general.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Love the things my hometown is known for

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The book is pretty great as far as true crime stuff goes. Its crazy how close law enforcement came to physically catching him multiple times.

Haha yeah pretty nuts how cops came so close to catching this guy, a cop, so many times but he just managed to slip through their fingers haha darn!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

guy was literally an on-duty cop when he did all this poo poo. tells you all you need to know about police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I prefer the moniker East Area Rapist myself. :colbert:

East Bay Ray