Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
He'd seen such a man before, that is to say, a similar-looking man. Of course, they were all made eerily alike, humans. Terrans. Blank skin, no easy configurations of spots or ridges, feathers or scales, by which to discern identity. Still, the hue of this one, the color of his hair (and human hair could be so variable!), the warmth of his skin: more than sun-kissed. Sun-baked. The work of Cardassia's noon-sun, perhaps. He was slim, all long lines, and smiling. Yes, very similar... yet, not the same man. The smile gave it all away.

This smile was... reptilian, which was to say, very appealing.

"Are you Mr. Gul Dukat?" he asked.

Dukat answered with his own grin, one he fancied quite charming, though never lacking an edge. "'Gul' will do. The Cardassian language does not have such... quaintly gendered titles."

"Ah," the man said, with a slight bow. Polite. Perhaps mildly obsequious. "Well, you will have to excuse me, mine does. My name is Mr. Morden."

"Well, then, Mister Morden, how can I help you, precisely?" Dukat glanced over the figure. No uniform. No charming little 'pips' about the collar. Just... perfunctorily clad. He could appreciate the utility.

Mr. Morden's eager expression only broadened. "Oh, I wouldn't want to seem as though I were here to trouble you? Asking favors--how rude! No," he replied. "I'm here to make you an offer, actually."

Dukat straightened his back, pulling himself uniquely erect, the muscles of his neck gone taut. There were rumors about humans. (And he knew a thing or two about rumors like that.) "Oh?"

There was a glint in his eye, that of this "Morden". It was strange to see; so much else seemed to be in... shadow. Unnatural shadow. Nothing to fear, of course: low light was preferred to Cardassian eyes. And what a sight for keen blue eyes....

"I'm here to ask you a question. Just one little question," Morden said smoothly, leaning in. "What do you want?"

Humans! He loved this about humans.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pick fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I deny you your double post !