Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

As an idea to drive up community engagement, we would like to do a rotating monthly IK that can do things like hand out comedy sixers and other such silly things. HOWEVER, I don't want to leave that entirely up to me and reignofevil's decision, and as a way to get a lot of participation and generate content how about this?

We're doing contests each month, and whoever wins will be IK for the month. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if you're not a regular in sci-fi wi-fi. It'll be a different contest each month, and we'll try to get a bunch of different kinds of themes. This month's theme: Redraw any scene from Star Wars!

Me, reignofevil, and Pennywise the Frown will be your judges. We each have our tastes, and the best, or worst, of you will have to appeal to them for victory.

The first contest will last until July 10th, at which point a winner will be chosen, and will be IK from July 10th to August 10th. We'll be running the next contest during that time!

To all participants, good luck, and remember, the winner will probably probe all the losers :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Error 404 posted:

Suggestion: it should be Idiot Master.

"Grant you the rank of Master, we shall. But a seat on the Idiot Council you shall not have."

:hmmyes:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Let's pick one you want judged, but you can still post the other two for fun

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

lmao

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Last day before the cut off

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

FunkyAI is the winner

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

New contest for the month will be to write a slashfic, however, it must be a crossover. That means one character from one franchise in a relationship with a character from another franchise.

So get to writing Optimus x Spock, Luke x the bondage guy from Farscape, and Jim Raynor x Picard!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

josh04 posted:

Does Dexter Jettster x Maz Kanata count, asking for a friend?

(Also wtf I just realised they basically named that character "max cantina")

Error 404 posted:

Bill and Ted do a double date with Lursa and B'etor, the Duras sisters.

No, no, no. It's a slashfic, so it has to be gay.

Some Goon posted:

Word count?

Let's go for 1000

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Cease to Hope posted:

Is saying that William Shatner can go gently caress himself technically a slashfic

Maybe if William Shatner fucks Captain Kirk.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm waiting for an admin to hit the buttons, but the winner this month is Musluk

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Here is this month's IK contest:

1) Pick a sci fi thing

2) Get a picture of the sci fi thing

3) Make it into a cookie

4) Show us the cookie and show us the picture

You have until September 21st to get your submission in.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Some Goon posted:

Ah gently caress I meant to do this one.

You have twenty days to do it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's CainFortea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

For the October contest, I want to see your sci-fi pumpkin carvings