Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Name: Bluco
Memory: Got Goat Medicine From the Witch In The Woods
HP: 5/5 remaining
Satiation: 6 > 7 (post) > 12 (Amelie's satiation won)
Bile: 0
Notes:
Items: Leather Armor +5, Bear Claw + 2, Shooty Thing

Bluco had found the others after sadly walking through the town. He was depressed after seeing a faceless fall. There was just something in Lobe's expression as he took up the reporter's mantle that showed defeat.

Bluco knew that sometimes a good goat farmer has to cull the herd so that the herd can grow healthier than ever. This herd of humans was bad and had to have its rotten priests, knights, leaders and witch-haters removed so that the rest of the humans would trust The Witch In the Woods again. Otherwise, the contagion would just keep spreading and flaring up from time to time.

Do Not Accept Surrender. "We must cull the herd, cobbolds"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 5/5
Memory: Hiding, When the Cleric Found my Farm
Satiation: 1 > 2
Bile: 6

Little Yip stepped up along-side Bluco, crouched and submissive but with a strange glare in his eyes.

"Trapsed Hunams food and soon-friends maybe, fighty hunams Yip and tear. No leave to blood h'olm or mother; no leave to tell of 'bold. No surrender. Only eat.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Name: Yeetus
Memory: Throwing (Using), The King's Proclamation. (Recharging)
Satiation: 6
Bile: 5

Slaan posted:

Do Not Accept Surrender. "We must cull the herd, cobbolds"

"Herd? These humans aren't dumb animals, and if we treat them like such they'll be even more likely to rebel, sure as hell if the shoe was on the other foot and they were gonna kill us no matter what we did I wouldn't wait around to be butchered like some kind of sheep. How are we gonna legitimise the idea of a Cobbold nation if treat other races like a bunch of cattle?"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

"Cattle? Of course humans are not cattle. Cattle are stupid beasts that are useful for little more than food products.

No, I speak of goats. Humans, like goats, are intelligent, willful & rambunctious creatures that live and love and fight in groups. They have many uses: food, of course, but also land clearance, heavy lifting, guarding and entertainment.

Goats are culled to maintain a balance. Cattle are slaughtered like beasts. We must treat the humans as adorable and intelligent goats that occasionally need pruning to maintain health. If we do not, we end up with situations like this which require even more drastic, terrible remedies."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"...I kind of feel like we're missing the treating Humans like they are some sort of animal point I was going for there. Okay fine if we treat the humans like they are some kind of goat and not a person we're gonna run into issue."

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

But goats are the highest form of animal there is!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

"In grim darkness of cobbold h'olm, there is only eat."

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #39 posted:

Face: A2

HP----------= 3/5
Satiation-= 07 > 08
Bile---------= 11 > 12
Memories--:

-Furious Trance [Charging!][Ready to go!] [Being used this turn!]
--"...Focus. Aim. Strike. Repeat. Again. Again. You are angry at me, yes? Good. Take your anger, aim, strike."
-- *crack*
--"There. Progress. The world is full of horrors, and there are far worse things you will face out there than my training. Now keep your anger heated and practice on the air while someone finds you a replacement dummy."

-My First Crop [Charging!][Ready to go!] [Being used this turn!]
--"Tyrone loved it when he had shown them his first crop, #39 thought. His eyes beamed with pride when they grew their grain. “We’re real farmers,” he had said, “We’ll finally be a family, one that was better than we had ever had before.” That statement resonated, they would be self sufficient. Sure the Taxman was cruel, but with these crops, they’d be able to fend for themselves, raise a family, and do right and give children an opportunity they never had."
--This memory itches.

Loot:

Special:
-Stars Swarming Heaven: [1] Free reroll, declare usage up front.
-Devil's Luck: [1] Free(?) 1d8, some strings attached.
-[+05] To Hospital Actions.
-[+10] To Workshop, but nothing there needs rolled for. Yet.
-Neat!: #39 isn't entirely sure what happened, but they seem to have a familiar now? :shrug:

"Yes."
"We should accept their surrender; the guards will provide sufficient fodder for study while the villagers may rebuild and resume farming."
"Of course, we will need to begin work on our railway afterwards lest the village get ideas about its occupation status."

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Don't forget you can ask Ceres and Neat there opinions, and also the Orcs have retreated, fighting in their one agreed skirmish, though they are still around to get advice from.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
~*~ An Argument Ensues ~*~

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
~*~ A Knight Commander sings his final song ~*~

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 26, 2020

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HP: 4/5 Satiation: 0 -> 1 Bile: 0 Memory: Finding, My First Hunt Alone, The Bet I Won, And How He Didn’t Pay

Whistler considered things carefully, but her heart - and her gullet - told her there was only one answer. The humans were their foes, and that's all there was to it.

> Do not accept surrender.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Memory: Cobbling
Equipment: Leather Armour (+5 to combat strategm rolls), Hyper Leaf (1 use, +75 for 1 turn, -50 for 2 turns after), Shooty Thing (Use upon death to avoid death/lethal damage)
Satiation: 21 -> 22

Cobb blew the smoke away from the barrel of the Shooty Thing. When news for the proferred surrender reached him, he said "We should accept their surrender. I doubt we have enough people to work this land ourselves without them."

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 5/5 HP
Memory: Blind Luck (using), My First Hunt with my Father (cooling)
Items: Warding Eye (Powered by Warding Demon: two-way, long-distance looking, speaking, and listening), Stabby Thing (+5), Shooty Thing (Defy Death, Loaded, 5 Satiation + ACT to reload)
Satiation: 25 -> 20 -> 21
Bile: 10 -> 11

"HISSSSSSS," Blek hissed for silence, once she'd returned to the rest of the Cobbolds who were assembled and debating the Farm's fate. Her tusked mouth was bubbling with the red of human blood.

"They will fight us," Blek snarled in her squeaky voice when she had their attention, "and they will keep coming back to fight us, and they will never not be our allies until we make them just like us. They will never accept us as we are."

"We refuse their surrender and we finish this," Blek announced, making her way to the Cobbolds' large gunpowder barrel along with a few faceless. "Decapitation strikes are a must."

"We need the demons' help for this last push." she intoned, in her pipsqueaky voice. "Help me in seeking their guidance."

"Oh, and, uh, Whistler - if they don't help us, then here: you must use this."

Blek turned her back to the group and regurgitated two handfuls of Satiation from her stomachs, then she gave the substance to Whistler for safekeeping.

"Now," Bleck squeaked, clapping her claws, "someone help me lift this powderkeg. If we're lucky the humans won't expect explosives while we're supposed to be considering their surrender!"

> Give +5 Satiation to Whistler.
> Refuse Surrender
> Vote: Ceres helps Evade Gunfire.
> Vote: Neat helps Burn Manor.
> :thermidor: Burn the manor: 1d100+20+10+5 129

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Woahwoahwoah hey, Blek, buddy, how about instead of deciding you know what's best for the entire horde and acting in our name when there's clearly a split decision on this, we Ask Mother Magdelene with one of the demons as our messenger?

She's clearly got more braincells than all of us put together, this was her plan in the first place, she should get the final vote.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Ceres and Neat watched the cobbold’s argued with rapt attention, it was the first time there was a split like this, and watching the politics of these tiny creatures filled them with amusement. They exchanged coin as the Bluco and Yeetus went back and forth, and tallied votes for the group as each Full faced Cobbold had it’s say. Some of the… Well they weren’t faceless anymore, but they didn’t seem quite full faced either, Ceres had call them Halfless. Some of the Halfless wanted a vote, and many of them were arguing that humans were bad, most memories of the Humans that remained were bad. That unlike Cobbolds humans hunted each other, Dwarves, Elves, and Orcs. Lobelia spoke up, “I want Kill humans. They should become deadened.”

There was a quiet noise, like wind on the leaves, it grew higher and higher pitched, and louder and louder, until.

Lux Animus posted:

"HISSSSSSS," Blek hissed for silence, once she'd returned to the rest of the Cobbolds who were assembled and debating the Farm's fate. Her tusked mouth was bubbling with the red of human blood.

"They will fight us," Blek snarled in her squeaky voice when she had their attention, "and they will keep coming back to fight us, and they will never not be our allies until we make them just like us. They will never accept us as we are."

"We refuse their surrender and we finish this," Blek announced, making her way to the Cobbolds' large gunpowder barrel along with a few faceless. "Decapitation strikes are a must."

"We need the demons' help for this last push." she intoned, in her pipsqueaky voice. "Help me in seeking their guidance."

"Now," Blek squeaked, clapping her claws, "someone help me lift this powderkeg. If we're lucky the humans won't expect explosives while we're supposed to be considering their surrender!"

Yeetus wanted to ask Mother Magdalene for her assistance, Ceres stepped in at this point, “The humans aren’t going to wait for us to get to Magdalene and back, and even if they did, I know her. She would want you to make this decision on your own. She’s very wise yes, and she’s very helpful, but she doesn’t want to be overbearing, and would instead be a gentle guide on your journey.”

Neat rolled her eye, “You have no way of knowing what Magdalene would have wanted. I think, if the cobbolds let her she would be quite keen on taking direct command of this little army.”

Liv chipped in as well, “Denying surrender would be better for you all I think. You can say that this land is yours, and you’ll have a much stronger claim if there is no-one living on it. It is how the humans came to these lands in the first place. It is their way to wipe out a people and place their own homesteads, and I think turnabout is fair play.”

P’Ark snapped at her, “It’s not our place to suggest anything, these are valued allies, they may be the size of children, but it would behoove you to not treat them as such.”

Liv’s eyes flashed with rage, “I appreciate your opinion captain but they are not versed in the matters of war quite yet, and I think it would behoove us to be as helpful as possible, considering we are planning to use them to fight our battles for us.”

Leif quietly cooed in the background “oooooooooooooooo.”

The cobbolds, orcs, and demons argued for a while, while Blek marched off with a handful of faceless and a wheelbarrow full of gunpowder. There’s more than one way to solve this problem she thought to herself. The city streets were quiet, most of the soldiers had fled when the wall blew, and even more were hiding behind the giant anti-calvary barriers they had set up in the fields, hoping to provide some cover from the cobbolds rifles, and their fury.

The road leading up to the manor was littered with cheval de frisse, and guard towers, though now they all laid empty. The village was nearly silent, and the only sound heard was the crunching of gravel beneath the cobbolds feet. When they reached the manor wall, it was intimidating, it loomed over them like a giant, almost as if to dare them to try and breach it. The cobbolds quickly scampered over the walls to the manor, and found themselves in what seemed to be a world that was completely separated from the rest of the village, it was quiet and serene.

All the lights were off, and on the front door was a single torch, that seemed to beckon them. Blek helped the faceless get the gunpowder over the wall and they quickly laid the barrels out around the perimeter of the building, being careful not to be seen. Blek tried to peer in through the windows, but they had all been magically blocked out, only a dim blue void shone. Blek couldn’t even see the door. Nonetheless she knew what needed to be done.

The fuse was lit, and it sparked and hissed as it raced towards the pile of explosives.

At the walls, the cobbolds, demons, and orcs were still arguing about whether or not to allow the humans to surrender. The humans themselves were getting antsy and a few were trying to sneak away, slowly creeping towards the forest on their bellies, crawling between the cheval de frise, hoping, praying that they weren’t seen by the cobbolds who were wrapped up in their discussion.

“Why don’t we ask Mother Magdalene like Yeetus said?!” Neat yelled over the discord and noise

“I’ve told you already 3 times! We can’t break the barriers to her wards without exposing her to danger, we can’t do anything until we’re sure the battle is over, and those soldiers are between us and them!” Ceres yelled back.

The faceless were confused, the dissonance in consensus on what to do filling them with little hope. Some tried to inotate an opinion of one kind or another, but all that came out were chitters and low hisses. Then something peculiar happened, one faceless hissed at the other and gave it a hard shove. The other, looked at it with it’s blank dull face, the hollow cavity where eyes should be squeezed slightly, as if the very skeleton of the faceless was annoyed. The annoyed faceless pushed the other one back harder. Then a third stepped in and tried to stop the fighting, shoving both of them, and soon the faceless behind the wall were fighting.

No blood was being spilled, and their were not bared, but the faceless themselves were pushing and shoving each other with the intensity of the argument.

The soldiers in the field noticed this, and decided to take their chance, if their choices were dealing with the forest, and dealing with the cobbolds, it was becoming an increasingly easy choice of which they would rather face.

There was a loud explosion, and the sky exploded with a red fireball and smoke that reached as high as the clouds. It was a gunshot to the world’s most dangerous track meet as every soldier started to sprint away from the town, full force. The faceless stopped fighting and with the sudden movement, dropped to all fours and bolted after the knights and riflemen, loping with ease across the field, and leapt onto their flanks, pulling full grown men to the ground. Their ragged screams filled the silent atmosphere with pleas for help.

Many men were killed, but a few were pulled back alive, the faceless and cobbolds, quick to gather them up, just like they had in the first siege before. They were dragged, kicking and screaming, to the place where the children and the priestess were hiding. There were so many of them that they didn’t all fit in the small storage room. The cobbolds had another idea, and moved them to the walled in area where the manor once stood, letting them stand among the destroyed debris. Faceless keeping guard to make sure no-one manages to hop the walls or get away.

When Jahira saw Cobb, he pulled out the sigil that he had drawn all over the storage room, “Sir? Sir! Please, I’m not like these other people, I’m not. My family used to talk to the witch, I visited her and she helped my family through some very hard times. She promised me she’d look after us, here I know her mark, look!” He handed a piece of paper with marks and squiggles. “Please, I know the humans of this village are awful. The mercenaries are even worse but many of us thought fighting against the wood was a bad idea and we don’t want to die. Please. I have information! I know when the Taxman is coming to check up on the village! I know where his castle is, I can draw you a map! We’re useful, please don’t kill us or eat us.”

Jahira was placed in the holding area with everyone else, but the word of the sigil soon flitted to the ears of every cobbold. They learned that the Taxman would be there within a short while (4 turns) and that the Sheriff lived with the Duke, and many of his deputies were scattered throughout the Duchy the Duke ruled over.

After the prisoners were sorted, Ceres walked over to the cobbolds, “I’m going to get Mother Magdalene, it’ll take me a little while to get to her, and get everything prepared so that I can cross into her home and let her know we won, so you can expect me to be gone for a bit.” He looked at Neat and gave her a wink, “Don’t do anything too crazy while I’m gone now.” And off he went into the forest.

P’Ark also wanted the cobbolds attention, “We should talk about our mission with the elves, now that you’ve conquered the Farm.”

The cobbolds met P’Ark over the desk where the Knight Commander and his men had been just a few hours ago, and when all of the Cobbolds were there, along with Neat, P’Ark started to get into the nitty gritty.

“First of all, I’d like to congratulate you on a successful siege. you managed to do a lot of work in a short amount of time and really put the screws to these villagers. You’ve shown you have a real knack for fighting and to be honest none of us expected you to be able to take the village so quickly.”

“It proves to me that you’re exactly what we need to take on the Elven encampment, but I think we should start from the beginning.”

“Long ago, there wasn’t these racially divided lands like they are now. Elves lived everywhere, Dwarves lived everywhere, Orcs lived everywhere. Humans though, they stuck to the plains for whatever reason. It was like that for a good long time, and everyone lived in peace. Then the humans got ideas, they had decided that the continent belonged to them and only them. The legend goes that they stole something from each of the races, Technology from the dwarves, Magic from the elves, and castles from the Orcs. You’ll notice a lot of the castles around here have doors much larger than the average human. Orcs are some of the best masonry workers anywhere, and we’re drat proud of the buildings that we make.”

“The humans started a campaign to wipe out the rest of us, forcing us out of the plains. Then, when the rest of the world had become over crowded the we ended up having to decide where to live. Dwarves were kind enough to let anyone live with them, but the elves had other ideas. There wasn’t enough space in the Dwarf home for everyone, and us Orcs had decided to just set up shop wherever we could. Soon the elves decided that they too wanted their own lands, and politely asked everyone who wasn’t an elf to leave the Marsh. They were angry that their magics which they considered precious and sacred had been taken from them in some sort of ritual.”

“The stories say that Elves used to have even more magical power then they do now, and that the humans had done permanent damage to their race. Us Orcs with nowhere else to go tried to settle our own lands. The plains weren’t as overcrowded with humans as they are now, so many of us had set up shop there. Orcs and Dwarves living in settlements all over the nation, with elves having their own private homes.”

“Everytime the humans over-bred and became crowded, they would march closer to the mountains and start wiping people out so they can set up their themselves. Most of the Orcs retreated past the mountains to the desert, the Dwarves had created huge machines that were capable of destroying earth and stone, and carved their own home into the mountains.”

“But now there’s a dispute over the land, the Elves magic is creating huge swampy messes on the mountain sides, and the liquid is seeping into the dwarven tunnels, flooding them with magic and black ichor. The dwarves tried to solve the problem themselves, they offered the Elves technology and secrets to give up their home on the mountain, but the Elves refused. Many of the Dwarven tsars on their coun-” P’Ark showed a flash on annoyance, as Frode cut across him to speak

Frode, the blue orc with spiralled hair interjected, “Dwarven’s don’t have a direct democracy like Cobbolds do. Instead they have 13 ‘Clans’ that each appoint a Czar that ultimately makes decisions for the entire nation. Each clan has it’s own way of appointing a Tsar. S-”

“They don’t need a civic’s class on Dwarven society Frode, anyways the Tsars are split, some want to offer more technology and secrets, Others want to just wipe them out completely. A compromise was called, we were called in to try and solve the situation, in any way we see fit. So first, we take these blueprints for a magic powered vehicle that was highly experimental, and could only be used with the Elves’ magic. It’s basically a giant balloon that floats on Air, I don’t really understand how it works, but the elves could travel over the trees quickly, faster than any creature could walk, or even the trains could fly, but they refused.”

“Next we tried to point out that by staying on the mountain they were risking war with the Dwarves. That they’re homes were being flooded, and that some of them were dying due to this. The Elves again refused us, apparently they’re having some sort of civil dispute, and many of them are being removed from their own homeland due to a schism in the Elven culture.”

“Now, we’ve made it clear what would happen if they didn’t leave. We made clear that due to the old alliances we have full authority to take any action we see fit to protect a community that’s being encroached upon by another. No-one wants a repeat of the Human’s behavior, and we’re all more wary because of it. The Elves responded by cursing our weapons, and slaughtering our warband until we were only 5 left. We managed to escape but just barely. Now the 5 of us need to retaliate. And we’re running out of time, we only have a few months (7 turns) before we have to return to Ironstrike. If we haven’t solved the Elven problem then the Elves and Dwarves will go to war.”

“So this is what we need your help with. Together I think we can create a large enough show of force and convince the elves that the best thing for them right now is to leave. If not, then we do what we can to make sure that the Dwarves home stops getting flooded. I’m extremely opposed to violence, but the Elves have left us little to no choice. So there you have it, the whole thing laid out. I have a personal stake in this as well, if we can solve this problem, than I will be eligible for a position as War Chief. Without getting into Orc politics” P’ark said with a dark look at Frode who seemed about to chime in again, “This would be a huge boon, and I would be in a position to offer your nation a great deal of help, and your people would have a home in the Glass Desert if you so choosed.”

“Any questions?” P’Ark asked the cobbolds.

Later after the Cobbolds and Orcs talked out their next plans, Neat approached the Orcs and the Cobbolds, “Hey ya’ll I’ve been looking at the Fields, and I can’t find anything wrong with them. There’s no curse that I can detect, though the fields are definitely barren, nothing grows in them. I thought maybe they screwed up the crop rotation, or they needed to create some fallow fields, but I don’t have any farmers left that I could ask. So I dug a little bit deeper.” She looked at the cobbolds and smiled, “I know crazy, so I start digging and I find this thing.”

“I don’t know what it is, but there’s tons of them, everywhere I was able to grab maybe, 20 or 30 just out of one hectare. I had to dig pretty deep to get to them, anyways, some of the farmland has been cleared out of these little things, and now that we know they’re there, we should be able to clean up the land and work the soil. I know how you little weirdos like to eat, so getting food production might be a good idea.”

And so, the Cobbolds discussed their future plans, and saw to what needed to be done.

[color=#1155cc]There was a tie, for info on how I broke it, click here! If you do not care, just continue on with the post!~[/color]

=====================================================================
Loot

Everyone May get one of the following
Knight’s Armor
Knight’s Sword
Shooty Things
Leather Armor

Roll for the following if you want it:
Knight Commander’s Armor x1
Magic Memory: Song of the Fallen x2
Magic Memory: Song of the Heroic x2
Memory: The Grease Job
Memory: Life in the Barracks
Memory: When I was promoted to knight
Memory: The village I grew up in
Memory: The Fletcher Job
Memory: When we robbed the elves
Memory: Dwarven Evictions
Memory: Raids on the Glass Desert
Memory: Life on the open sea
Memory: Banditry on the Plains
Memory: When the mayor hired our company

Cards get your cards here posted:

Infinite:

2 of each:

Only 1:

Downtime Information

Blood Flower
Does not take an action.

Take 1 damage and roll a d12-d4 in Orokos. Take the result in satiation. This will also empower a demon in the area as though you gave it satiation, based on the d4 roll. This building can not be improved. This building will also change as it gets fed, for the better or worse is for the fates to know.

Workshop
Does not take an action.

Replicate an item for it’s cost. Replicated Items have a Teal Box and Can Be Combined but Not Upgraded. State the combination, and I will give you a cost and the new value, you will then decide if you want to do it.
Make a new item for 5 Satiation. These can be upgraded.
Upgrade it for 5, then 10, 15, then 25. Item bonus increases from +1 / +5 / +10 / +15
At 25 Cost it gains a special ability, chat with me on Discord I do not have PMs.
An item with a specific use in mind, can be created for 10 satiation, but it will not give a bonus, or only give a bonus conditionally, state what you want and I’ll attach appropriate numbers to it. This item can be upgraded for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 satiation.

Healing
Cooking, Healing, entertaining or similar Memories can be used for a +10 bonus to restore HP. Healing is a Conflict between the healers and the wounded - their combined roll is rolled against d100 rolls representing the wounded. Success heals each wounded by 1 HP - and each 100 over heals an additional HP. Healing can only be performed in downtime while making camp. In situations in which SOME healing is possible, you’ll be provided a Closed Conflict - only enough time or resources to partially fix the wounded! The wounded never needs to roll themselves (I’ll do that).

Hospital Bonus 1: If your healing check failed, you or anyone may spend satiation to raise it, at a rate of 1 satiation per +5 to the heal check. Anyone can contribute satiation to your healing attempt

Scouting
The scout action can be used during down time to provide for the warren. Soldiers with stealth, trapping, scouting, cooking, hunting, foraging or similar type memories will get a plus 10. Each person scouting rolls a 1d100 based on their roll; they either have success or failure. 00 - 75 you find something that hurts you. This can be an animal, a person, or even just falling out of a tree, whatever happened you failed your check. 76 - 85 you find food, everyone in the warren gains +1 Satiation due to your excellent hunting skills 86 - 95 You find something useful, this will generally be an item of some sort, or a cache of items though sometimes it can lead to special events, or even new strategies. 96+ This will find you a high quality item, a lot of low quality items, or even possibly some magic (which is basically an item that costs satiation to use, but has huge effects.) This can also unlock Epic Strategies depending on when and where you are in the story when you find it. a natural 100 is considered a critical success, you will find something awesome. If you roll this message me on discord so we can chat about what you found. You have some say in this!

Total Cobbolds: 79
Total Beds: 150
Cobbold Workforce: 79d100

H’olm Prisoners: 0

Farm Prisoners: 103
Total Orphans: 20
Total Priests: 1
Total Knights: 55
Total Riflemen: 27

Orcs Must Return to Ironstrike (7 Turns)
The Taxman Comes (4 Turns)
Mother Magdalene Arrives (1 Turn)

Possible Sieges: (Majority must vote for one of these with their action, else we do another down time.)

• Attack the Castle

• Attack the Elves

• Raid another Village

Downtime Activities
  • Scout the Castle [10d100 Wounds 6]

• Scout the Elves [10d100 Wounds 10]

• Search for traders 25d100 Faceless Lethal 5

• >>> Guard the prisoners 30d100 Wounds 10 Faceless Lethal 3 Mandatory

• Escort Prisoners to H’olm 40d100

• Eat a Prisoner (Specify Kind) Difficulty 0 Gain More Memories

• Shifting Room - turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades. Difficulty 0 Can do 50 prisoners at once. Prisoners MUST be in H’olm

• Farm the fields Difficulty 20 Satiation 10 (Must be done 3x for a full harvest) Food can be used to get Satiation

• Raid The Village for loot Difficulty 5 Wounds 6

Expansions:
  • Convert the Village Homes into Cobbold Homes - Difficulty 10d100 Satiation 1
    Provides: 100 Beds

• Build a Level 1 Ritual Room at The Farm - Difficulty 20 Wounds 5 Satiation 10

• (Requires Ritual Room) Build a Shifting Room at The Farm - Difficulty 50 Satiation 50 Wounds 15 Faceless Lethal 10

• Upgrade the Dormitory - Difficulty 20d100 Satiation 10
    Currently Providing: 150 Beds
    Upgrade Will Provide: 300 Beds
    You’re going to need a bigger spot to hold all these cobbolds, Faceless work at Half efficiency when they don’t have a bed, you’ll need to make more beds to have more Cobbolds working around the Warren. This doesn’t affect Cobbolds on Stratagems. - Neat

• Upgrade the Hospital - Difficulty 25d100 Satiation 10 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: Spend satiation to raise healing rolls
    Upgrade Will Provide: Spend satiation to raise healing rolls even more, use satiation to heal multiple people with successful rolls.
    With a bigger hospital, we could make more efficient use of our satiation. Plus it would gives us access to more facilities, anything that gets me out of here faster I appreciate - Magdalene

• Upgrade the Ritual Room - Difficulty 30d100 Satiation 40 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: Level 1 Rituals, Cheaper Ritual Costs
    Upgrade Will Provide: Level 2 Rituals, Cheaper Ritual Costs, Combat modifications for Demons, Larger area of effect for demons
    We should make this bigger, it’ll give us access to more rituals, more demons, and when we’re big and strong, I can eat Ceres. - Neat

No-one is eating me, especially not this tiny runt, but yes more rituals are more better. Now could someone please get a stroller for this lost toddler. - Ceres

• Turn the workshop into an Engineering Office - Difficulty 50 Satiation 20 Wounds 10
    Currently Providing: More Buildings, Item Crafting
    Upgrade Will Provide: More buildings, Lowers or eliminates danger of all building Projects.
    The engineering office would allow the creation of siege tools, and items that take multiple Cobbolds to properly use. Ontop of this, it would allow the construction of major defenses to H’olm- P’ark

We won’t need this for a while to be honest, H’olm is much too small to be important, and the major constructions will require more cobbolds then we have at that moment - Mother Magdalene

• Expand the Prison - Difficulty 10 Satiation 10 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: 60 Prisoner Slots
    Upgrade Will Provide: 100 Prisoner Slots
    A little forward planning isn’t a bad idea, if we siege the farmstead like we plan too, we’re likely to take on much more prisoners. We should take care of them now, so we have a place to put them. - P’ark

• Expand the Shifting Room - Difficulty 100 Satiation 50 Wounds 10 Lethal 1 Faceless Lethal 10
    Currently Providing: Downtime strategy, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades.
    Downtime strategy, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 60% to turn, 30% to do nothing, %10 to kill
    Upgrade Will Provide: Downtime strategy turns, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 50% chans to turn, 40% to kill, 10% to not kill
    Expanding the Shifting Room is a good way to get more cobbolds, and make the shifting process more efficient! - Ceres

[list]
  • Build an Abattoir - Difficulty 25 Satiation 20 Wounds 10
    Will provide: Access to a Necromancer’s Table, a place to turn prisoners into bile, a place to turn multiple prisoners into satiation, a place to turn prisoners into a “Corpse” Resource.
    As we get stronger, and do more advanced rituals, we’re going to need bodies. This would be a great place to store them until it’s time to use them. It’s also the first step to necromancy, which brings it’s own fun and challenges. - Ceres

Necromancy isn’t the only use of an Abbatoir, dead bodies are used in rituals that live bodies are not. Plus if you want to feed us, this will make it easier to do so, so we don’t have to kill them in the ritual room and have a fight over it. - Neat

Meat can be good for healing, this may open an upgrade path to the hospital, that’ll make it more capable of healing then it is now. - P’ark

• Build a Hanging Garden - Difficulty 25 Satiation 20 Wounds 10
    Will provide: Free satiation with downtime, Free items with downtime
    Allows Cobbolds to grow their own food, a certain amount of free items will be generated for cobbolds every turn including free Bile - Mother Magdalene

An army that can feed itself, can sup on entire nations - P’ark

We could grow Hyperleaf Extract, Healberries, and even some food if we wanted, I think this is a good build - Neat

Honestly, what she said, but also we could grow the Skunkleaf that Mother Magdalene is quite fond of, don’t know what it does to cobbolds though - Ceres

• Build a Teleporter Room - Difficulty 30 Satiation 10 Wounds 10
    Will provide: Rituals wherever you build a Teleporter Room, access to all of H’olms upgrades and shops wherever you built a Teleporter Room. Will cost 1 satiation per 25 faceless to use during downtimes
    This building is our idea, when you get to The Farm, and get it under your control, it’s going to be a days walk between there and here. This room will let you use all of the amenities of H’olm while still being able to do work in the Farm. Not to mention that, each Teleporter room built increases our dominion, allowing us to operate everywhere you build one. You’d still need to build one in The Farm though. - Neat and Ceres

Be careful with teleporting magic, this is purely a demonic creation, and many have been known to fall in the space between worlds, and deep into the demon’s own realm - Mother Magdalene

We don’t mess with portals, none of the sentient races do. There’s no proof that you are still alive when you go through one, and much proof that you die, and merely a copy takes your place. There’s an old story of an Orc that was killed by his copy, after improperly summoning a portal, and making two of himself. His wife never knew whether she was laying with the original, or the doppelganger - P’ark

• Lay minetrack between H’olm and The Farm - Difficulty 50 Satiation 20 Wounds 5
    Will provide: Rituals wherever you build minetrack, access to all of H’olms upgrades and shops wherever you build a minetrack. Free to use
    This was our other idea, if you place runic engravings in the track, anywhere you lay track counts as part of H’olm, so we can travel around the tracks just as we would around H’olm. This would also let you travel between the two places in a matter of hours, instead of days. The teleporter would be easier, but you’d need to build tracks without getting caught. - Neat and Ceres

This would be much less dangerous than the teleporter, though it would not be instantaneous, and would require much more infrastructure to expand in the future - P’ark

I’ve always been fond of trains, in the City of Phoenicia, there is a train that runs all the way from the coast to the capital, and a section of track that connects each Duchy, allowing them to move their large amount of wealth quickly and safely - Mother Magdalene

Rituals

Demon poo poo
  • Expand Ceres Power - Difficulty 5 Satiation 5 Wounds 3

• Expand Neat’s Power - Difficulty 10 Satiation 20 Wounds 5

• Feed Ceres to Neat - Difficulty 25 Satiation 10 Wounds 5 Lethal 1 Faceless Lethal 5

• Feed Neat to Ceres - Difficulty 95 Satiation 10 Wounds 30 Lethal 15 Faceless Lethal 35

• Feed the 10 Farmers to Neat and Ceres - Difficulty 5 Farmers 10 Wounds 1

House Keeping
  • Demonic Scouting - Difficulty 10 Satiation 10 (Will find anyone still in the forest within the Demons Range.)

• Shifting Room - Difficulty 0 turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades. Can do all prisoners at once.

Future Stuff
  • Cobbolds Blessing - Difficulty 5 Satiation 9 Wounds 5 (+10 to all actions until next Downtime)

• Summon a fog - Difficulty 3 Satiation 5 (Subtracts -100 from stratagem difficulty that takes place in the forest.)

• Sow Chaos - Difficulty 6 Satiation 6 (Creates Special Stratagems for the next encounter.)

• Neat’s Combat Ritual - Difficulty 5 Satiation 3 (-25 from every combat stratagem in the next fight, costs 1 satiation to maintain)

• Ceres Combat Ritual - Difficulty 5 Satiation 5 (+3 bonus to every Cobbold, Faceless or otherwise costs 1 satiation to maintain)

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 27, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Please Post by Wednesday 11:59PM PST GMT-08:00

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #39 posted:

HP----------= 3/5
Satiation-= 08 > 09
Bile---------= 12 > 13
Memories--:

--"...Focus. Aim. Strike. Repeat. Again. Again. You are angry at me, yes? Good. Take your anger, aim, strike."
-- *crack*
--"There. Progress. The world is full of horrors, and there are far worse things you will face out there than my training. Now keep your anger heated and practice on the air while someone finds you a replacement dummy."

--"Tyrone loved it when he had shown them his first crop, #39 thought. His eyes beamed with pride when they grew their grain. “We’re real farmers,” he had said, “We’ll finally be a family, one that was better than we had ever had before.” That statement resonated, they would be self sufficient. Sure the Taxman was cruel, but with these crops, they’d be able to fend for themselves, raise a family, and do right and give children an opportunity they never had."
--This memory itches.

Loot:

Special:
-Neat!: #39 isn't entirely sure what happened, but they seem to have a familiar now? :shrug:

Lootin posted:

#39 looked around, shrugged, and started to take the knight commanders armor.
While it was odd such a nice piece of armor didn't get more interest, #39 wasn't one to turn down free loot.

Pre-emptively rolling for that nice knight armor: 1d100 4

While #39 was there, they figured they might as well take the sword too.

Flowerin posted:

#39 grimaced, and stuck their arm in the flower.
To their credit, they didn't flinch as much this time.
#39 sticks their arm in the Blood Flower [-1HP](again): 1d12-1d4 10
-1 HP, HP now at 02/05
+10 Satiation, Satiation now at 19
02 Satiation free for demon taking near the flower...

Plottin posted:

#39 counted their satiation... Six short of the purse.
Pity, but it could wait.
Right now, #39 had the time and the materials to perform the Work they were fascinated with.
--------

#39 looked at what they had to work with.
While #39 could try to spread the essence over the weapon entirely, that seemed inefficient.
Maybe if #39 wanted an evolving pseudo-demonic weapon delegated to vanity for how expensive it was, but as it stood that wouldn't do.
So where to apply it, then?

The barrel?
Demonic reinforcement would mean a stronger barrel, but it didn't seem prone to breaking in that manner already.

The scope?
Would be relying on the essence doing the aiming, what with not being able to see through the muck.

#39 leans in, pops off the crystal for a better look-

Oh.

Oh yes.

"Neat, Ceres, get over here."

"How much satiation will this essence need to bond with the crystal?"

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 5/5 > 4/5
Memory: Hiding, When the Cleric Found my Farm
Satiation: 2 > 3 + 4 = 7
Bile: 6

Loot:
Knight Armour
Knight Sword
Memory: When we robbed the elves: Rolling For Memories: 1d100 70

Free Actions:
Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 = 4

Downtime:
Scout the Elves: 1d100+5+15-5+1+7 97

Workshop:
5 satiation + 5 bile to upgrade Wand (at double cost) to level 2

Final Satiation: 2
Final Bile: 1

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Name: Carrick
HP: 4/5
Memory: Audacity (ready), First hunt with Father (ready)
Satiation: 13 > 14 > 0? + 9
Bile: 6 > 0
Bonuses: Hospital +1
Items:Shooty thing loaded.

"Let's build a railway. I'll commit six Bile and fourteen Satiation in that order unless anyone else chips in."

Blood tree satiation charging: 1d12-1d4 9

Rolling for Song of the Heroic: 1d100 86

"You lot, with me. We're going Hol'm on the trainline, and we're bringing Mother Magdalene back upon it."

Audacious rapid tracklaying back to Hol'm: 1d100+23 52

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Name: Yeetus
Memory: Throwing (Recharging), The King's Proclamation. (Ready)
Satiation: 6 > 7
Bile: 6 > 1

"Building railways? Hell yeah I'm down for some big project works let's go to it! Grab me that shovel I'll show you faceless boys how to dig!"

>Grab some Leather Armour and rolling on Memory: Dwarven Evictions 1d100 = 76
>Pay 5 Bile towards the Railroad
>Assist in the track-laying back to H'olm 7 Satiation, +1 from the Pitchfork 1d100 = 106

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 2, 2020

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Bolderdash
HP: 5/5 -> 4/5
Memory: Compressing (Using), When the Taxman broke my child's legs ()
Satiation: 13-> 14 (+5 & -10)

Bolderdash stared off into the distant north after the battle. Somewhere out there was the Taxman and the Sheriff and oh so many more things that he wanted to squeeze into... things. For reasons he didn't fully comprehend, but probably didn't need to. Squeezin' was its own reward.

He blinked, adjusted his glasses with a shrug and looked at the other cobbolds. First things first.

"Make debts and distance smol. Kill elves, lay track."

Vote to Attack the Elves.

Compressing railroad tracks to lay down: 1d100+13+10(memory) 73

Later he went to the forest and visited this flower thingsome of the cobbolds had been nattering about.

Blood flower: 1d12-1d4 5 (and 4 satiation for flower)

Somewhat pained, but considerably fuller in satiation, he returned to the Workshop and began on a special project of his own devising.

Spending 10 Satiation to craft a Special Use Item: Crude Clamping Corset

(Suggested effect: The Crude Clamping Corset does nothing... yet.)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Arcanuse posted:

While #39 could try to spread the essence over the weapon entirely, that seemed inefficient.
Maybe if #39 wanted an evolving pseudo-demonic weapon delegated to vanity for how expensive it was, but as it stood that wouldn't do.
So where to apply it, then?

The barrel?
Demonic reinforcement would mean a stronger barrel, but it didn't seem prone to breaking in that manner already.

The scope?
Would be relying on the essence doing the aiming, what with not being able to see through the muck.

#39 leans in, pops off the crystal for a better look-

Oh.

Oh yes.

"Neat, Ceres, get over here."

"How much satiation will this essence need to bond with the crystal?"

Ceres looked at the bit of essence, then at Neat, "You gave him this?"

Neat shrugged, "It seemed like a good idea at the time. Besides he's been loyal enough."

Ceres raised his eyebrows at her, "I'm not your sire or anything, but I th-"

Neat cut him off, "My boons are for me to give out and me alone, you are not going to lecture me on making these little cobbolds better."

Neat looked at #39, "I would say that the effect it would have we wouldn't know until you did it, but combining essence with an item is free, though be careful, it may radically change it from what it currently is."

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

HP:2/5
Satiation:19
Bile:13
=====

Workshoppin posted:

"Indeed? In that case I'll give the shooty-thing a little more oomph through normal means first."

Combine: Hyper-Leaf Extract + Shooty Thing = ???
SatCost: 10 Satiation, maybe? :shrug: [09] sat left. 03 Satiation, [16] sat left.

"Lining the inside of the barrel with hyper-leaf extract is, perhaps, not the wisest idea."
"But with what it can do for us, some of that potency might be retained in the shots."

Combine: ??? + Essence of Neat = ???
SatCost: Free

"Now I'll apply the essence, and let's see what happens."

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 1, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Memory: Cobbling
Equipment: Leather Armour (+5 to combat strategm rolls), Hyper Leaf (1 use, +75 for 1 turn, -50 for 2 turns after), Shooty Thing (Use upon death to avoid death/lethal damage), Knight's Sword (+1)
Satiation: 22 -> 23 -> 18

"A railway sounds like a great idea. Here's five satiation towards it. I'll use my shoes to walk and clear the track's path!"

Helping with the railroad: 1d100+18+10+1 82

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Memory: Got Goat Medicine From the Witch In The Woods (Using)
Satiation: 12 > 13 > 10 (item make)
Notes:
Items: Leather Armor +5, Bear Claw + 2, Shooty Thing, Knights Sword +1

Harrumph, the herd of humans should have been culled even farther. Now the headstrong beasts would surely try to rise up against their goatherds again. Well, that is a problem for another moon. For now, there was a pasture to prepare. Every good herd needs infrastructure and Bluco needed to help build it. He grabbed the nearest farming equipment from the sheds in the town and began to get to work. After a little snack, of course. Human shish kabob on its very own sword, roasted over a manor-fire. His favorite!

The Fletcher Job: 1d100 89

While he ate he walked over to the Orcs to offer them some of his yummy cooking. While chatting with Liv, he made it known that he was for Going to Siege the Elves immediately. They wouldn't expect a surprise attack! Every goatherd knows that the most effective wolf-attack on the herd is one done at dawn when the guard dogs were sleepy and the herder had yet to finish his chores.

And lucky thing Bluco did walk over there, for on the way he noticed a small herd of goats baaing in a farm shed, scared from the flames and noises. Bluco used his goatherd instincts to calm down the creatures and drive them towards the outskirts of The Farm. They would help clear the way of brush and grass so Bluco and the others could more easily lay magical track.

Using goats to clear the railroad's way (memory, satiation, claw): 1d100+10+12+2 115

---------

Upon return to H'olm Bluco headed to the workshop for a quick stop. He liked the bear claw he found on Amelie's delicious corpse and he saw uses for the sword, but neither was his style. Bluco was a goatherd, moon drat it, and he needed a goatherd's pokingstaff. Goats needed prodding sometimes and wolfs needed bonking. Combining the sword and bearclaw into a metal proddy-stick would do him much good.

Wanting to lose +2 Bear Claw and +1 Sword to make +3 Poking Stick (or better), please let me know how much Satiation this will cost.

3 satiation to make +5 per discord

Slaan fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 1, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

HP:2/5
Satiation:16
Bile:13
=====

Healin posted:

While the other cobbolds were getting to work on the new rail, #39 had more pressing issues.
-----
1d100: Base.
+16: Satiation.
+5: Hospital bonus.
-----
#39 tries to patch up their wounds. [Healing]: 1d100+16+5 121

Hot drat.

While #39 wasn't entirely sure where, why, or how they knew to treat wounds correctly, they weren't going to turn it down.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 5 -> 3/5 HP
Memory: Blind Luck (cooling), My First Hunt with my Father (using)
Items: Warding Eye (Powered by Warding Demon: two-way, long-distance looking, speaking, and listening), Stabby Thing (+5), Shooty Thing (Defy Death, Loaded, 5 Satiation + ACT to reload)
Satiation: 21 -> 25 -> 17 -> 7
Bile: 11 -> 12 -> 0

Blek went back to H'olm with the others of her kind, disappointment full in her Cobbold heart. Hadn't she made a good case for converting the majority of them and blowing up their manor? So many of her folk had perished in the attack against the Farm...

While the others made their plans to create an over-engineered metal monstrosity, Blek focused instead on creating clay and amassing soil for creating "green" architecture. There needed to be plentiful sources of light and water to grow food for H'olm, which took the most brainstorming in particular.

> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 0 +0 Satiation to Blek, -1HP, +4 Satiation to Demon
> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 4 +4 Satiation to Blek, -1HP, +2 Satiation to Demon
> Memory: Banditry on the Plains: 1d100 99
> Build a Hanging Garden: 1d100+10+25+5 125
> Blek spends 12 Bile and 8 Satiation to Build a Hanging Garden.
> Claim Leather Armor.
> Workshop: Upgrade Leather Armor with 10 Satiation.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Radican

HP: 4/5
Memory: Itching (in use)
Satiation: 12->13

"Huh? Wh-"

Radican rouses from her stupor under a pile of dirt. Unidentified seedlings tumble off her, roots clinging to clods. "Well, can't let these go to waste," she yawns, and drops them into planters.

Investing in Hanging Gardens
bedding to garden, put those seedlings in the Hanging Gardens: 1d100+23 52

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

HP: 4 -> 1 -> 5 -> 2/5 Satiation: 6 -> 7 -> 32(?) Bile: 0 Memory: Finding, My First Hunt Alone, The Bet I Won, And How He Didn’t Pay

The Blood Flower was a fascinating thing. Such power in such a small package. Whistler wanted some of it for herself. She watched the others touch the flower, giving of themselves to it in exchange for a flicker of unholy fire. But she wanted all of it. She seized it, driving its thorns into her palms.
> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 5 Satiation, -1 HP, and 1 Satiation for Flower
> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 -2 Satiation, -1 HP, and 3 Satiation for Flower
> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 8 Satiation, -1 HP, and 4 Satiation for Flower
She panted in exhaustion and shook with blood loss. It wasn't enough. Gritting her teeth, she hauled the cork off her healing potion, downed it, and kept going!
> Health Potion to Full Health
> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 3 Satiation, -1 HP, and 4 Satiation for Flower
> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 2 Satiation, -1 HP, and 1 Satiation for Flower
> Blood Flower: 1d12-1d4 9 Satiation, -1 HP, and 3 Satiation for Flower
Enough, enough! She couldn't take any more. But she felt the Satiation boiling in her gut, and felt an echo of it in the flower. She stroked its petals gently. So beautiful. So harsh.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

Name: Dilly
Memory: Brewing (in use)
Satiation: 0 > 1
Notes:
None

Dilly woke up from his "slumber" when a beer mug fell off of a cupboard, bonking him in the head, and then handily hanging itself from his horn. In his stupor of awakening, he just assumed it belonged there, so didn't bother to remove the thing. Then Dilly emerged from the dormitories, took a quick look at his surroundings, saw the other cobbolds and their tasks and immediately went to help with the hanging gardens. "Let me help with that! Need to grow me some plants for... personal use. Maybe get something that can turn into a decent drink!"

Building a hanging garden: 1d100+11 81

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Carrick, Yeetus, Cobb, and Bluco went with Ceres to go tell Mother Magdalene the good news. They quickly marched through the forest, and as they did so, they found that some of the human knights had gotten trapped when they were fleeing through the forest. The forest was dark, and dingy, and the smell of old blood hang in the air like aerosolized pennies. As they walked through, they noticed there were no birds singing, no crickets chirping. It was as if the forest itself had gone quiet to mourn the passing of the Farm, or maybe it was in awe of the Cobbold’s resounding victory. Cobb and Yeetus were quick to mark a clear trail from the forest to H’olm, and Bluco followed behind with his goats, making sure the grass was cut low, and that they would stay out of the way.

When they got to H’olm, the cobbolds broke off from Ceres to grab materials for the rail road, and quickly started to lay track, meanwhile Ceres flew to the wards. He started to tap gently on the bubble that surrounded her cottage, a clear ephemeral thing that flash a mottled grey when touched. A hatch on Mother Magdalene’s cottage’s door flew open, and a long snake came crawling out, it pointed one eye, as large as a bowling ball at Ceres.

“You didn’t die.” Sizzer said, hissing slightly with annoyance.

“No, I didn’t.” Ceres said smugly.

“So I guess that means it worked then.”

“The cobbolds not only took the farm, but wiped out the Company of Song.” Ceres said with a smile.

“What do you mean wiped out?!” The snake rolled back in shock, tightening its body like a giant coil.

“I mean Commander Morrison is dead. The company has been scattered to the winds. All 200 knights are either dead or fleeing. The town is taken, and it’s empty. Go tell Magdalene, everything went much better than was expected, and the horde eagerly awaits her return.”

The snake looked at Ceres in shocked silence, and then huffed, “Of course you are, you know some day her luck is going to run out Ceres. When it does, you should really check to see what side you’re on.”

“I don’t pick sides Sizzer, I simply do as I’m asked, and collect my payment when it’s due.”

The snake retreated back into the hole in the cottage, and a few moments later Mother Magdalene appeared. She was looking better than she had in months. She was standing tall, and her eyes shone brightly. Ceres was smiling when her laughing face appeared on the front lawn. She moved her hands in complicated motions, and quickly the ward popped. She ran up and hugged Ceres.

“Sizzer told me everything, I could not be more pleased.” Magdalene said, “How did they do? Did we lose anyone?”

“Vek is dead, so is Amelie, and almost 2 dozen faceless.” Ceres tallied off

“So few casualties! Excellent, excellent. Are they mourning?” Mother Magdalene smiled even wider.

“They don’t really seem to care all that much to be honest,” Ceres shrugged

“Good, good, I wouldn’t want them to be cross with me, not at this pivotal juncture.” Mother Magdalene tied off her robe and walked towards H’olm.

“A group of cobbolds have arrived to escort you to the town, though they want to lay railroad tracks while they do so.”

Carrick and Yeetus scouted ahead, while Bluco led his goats away from danger, and Cobb used his shoes to stamp down the grass, making it more level. Mother Magdalene walked beside, and looked at the cobbolds. She placed a hand gently on Carrick’s and Yeetus’ shoulder, her cold fingers seemed to ooze ice, and his shoulder immediately chilled at her touch. “You have done so well,” she said quietly. “This victory is just what we needed.” She merrily pushed a small cart down the track that the cobbold’s were laying down

One of Bluco’s goats started to bay quickly, and Bluco looked around. There was the loud crack of a rifle, and Carrick’s shoulder exploded in pain and gore as a fist sized hole was shot through it. Mother Magdalene kicked over the mining cart she was pushing, and crawled underneath in a moment. All around the Cobbolds the ground seemed to be exploding, as rifle shot cracked.

Cobb and Bluco were rushed by knights. Their blades were coated in some slick substances that made them glow gently in the shady trees. Bluco rolled backwards as they swung their blades, the cut was shallow, and barely bled, but soon it started to bubble and blister, and Bluco’s whole body was wracked with pain. He fell backwards and Cobb caught him, placing him gently on the ground, he rushed the knight with his own sword, and swung it hard, catching the knight in the leg, and nearly removing the offending appendage, the knight when down. Cobb listened for a moment. He heard a rustling in the trees, and threw his blade. There was a loud gurgling yelp, a moment later Cobb’s leg exploded in pain. The Knight he had taken down was still alive, and had stabbed him with a small dagger. Cobb used his fancy shoes to quickly remove the creature’s head.

Carrick rushed the trees, and got his hands on the Riflemen, and used his claws to tear him apart. A knight charged at him, swinging his blade and connecting with Carrick’s back. Hot blood spilled to the ground, as the blade sunk deep. Carrick pushed himself backwards into the blade until it poked out his other side. He snapped it easily with his hands, and flipped around jamming the jagged bit of metal into the knight’s eye visor, the Knight screamed with pain. Yeetus ran forward as a group of Knight’s tried to surround Carrick.

Cobb rushed the knights in the trees that were attacking Carrick and grabbed his sword out of the neck of a dead Rifleman, and quickly spun with it out and cut down two knights, bisecting them in an explosion of blood and organs. Carrick ran back to Mother Magdalene, and quickly turned over the minecart. The team abandoned the train, and rushed to the town, worried about another ambush in the forest. Ceres transformed into a shield, and wrapped himself around Mother Magdalene, a thick black substance covered her head to toe.

Carrick, Yeetus, Cobb, Bluco Railroad Railroad: 43d100+52+74+82+115 2589 vs Railroad Difficulty: 50d100 2739

Carrick -2 hp
Yeetus -1 hp
Cobb -1 hp
Bluco -1 hp

Mother Magdalene walked through the village, touching the doorways gently, and looked at all the bodies, and the faceless that flitted between the narrow roads and alleyways. She climbed one of the towers effortlessly, and watched over the town. From her vantage point she could see everything, and looked out over the houses and buildings to see what used to be the Mayor’s house, now a pile of splinters with over a hundred people. She was surprised that the faceless had given them tents and sleeping bags, but shrugged. She waited calmly at the commander’s table for all the other full faced cobbolds to show up. The humans seemed placated enough, and with food and a place to sleep were better off than they had hoped.

Prison Guarding: 10d100 559 vs Prison Difficulty: 10d100 341

Yip was curious and quiet. He knew of the elves from the Orc’s stories, and got directions from Liv. The elves lived deep in the forest, even deeper then H’olm. In the wet rainy jungle, where the sun never touches. A contingent of faceless followed as they ran throughout the forest. As he walked deeper into the forest, he noticed the trees changed, and a dank mist covered the forest floor. Soon it became hard to march, as the ground turned from hard packed dirt to slippery mud. He quickly climbed a tree and started to swing from vine to vine.

It took him a while to reach Elves encampment, Twice the distance from Village to H’olm. Yip was tired as hell, and he watched the encampment carefully. The elven encampment was built out of what looked like large ornate towers, that stood like trees in the forest. The area surrounding these spires was wet. There was a network of ladders, and bridges that wrapped around the trees and spires, none of the elves were walking on the ground, instead using the complex network of bridges to travel around. There were also lines of wire stretched from tree to tree.

An elf grabbed one of the wires, and it flung him across nearly the entire encampment placing him on a spire. There was, in the center a spire that was taller than any other. Yip climbed his tree even higher, trying to get a good view inside of the tower, but it was so far away and so high up. When Yip tried to pierce the barrier it gently shocked him. A stern warning of the danger to come if he were to trip the barrier. He caught the vision of an elf who left the tallest point of the spire, and when she did, the two who were keeping guard at the door kneeled in front of her until she saluted them.

As she walked through the elven village, many of the elves would kneel. She had on her hip a fencing sabre thin and sharp. Yip watched her as she walked around the town, taking notes of where she went and the people who kneeled to her. There seemed to be some sort of hierarchy as not everyone bowed, some merely saluted to her presence.

After a few hours, he smelled raw meat and blood. He tried to figure out where it was, and saw that there was a group of Elven hunters who were returning from a hunt. They had between them a cart of wild boars that had been hunted, gutted, and cleaned. Yip creeped a bit closer, and watched as they held out a ring and touched the barrier, it dropped for a moment, and they were able to cross with their gear. Yip was excited, this was excellent news, and quickly ran back to H’olm with his faceless cohort.

Elven Leader Located!
Learned about the barrier!
New Downtime Strats!

Yip Scouting the Elves (10, W10) Scouting the Elves: 97+9d100 482 vs Scouting th Elves: 10d100 420

Radican and Blek had travelled back to H’olm, and dug out a large chamber. They placed satiation into the ceiling, and the room was filled with a deep purple light that made everything glow. Their leylines shined even brighter in the dim purple lighting. They quickly started planting plants, using satiation to craft tiny seeds that they put in the hanging pots. Blek carved runes into the hanging pots, making sure to let the satiation guide her hand. Soon the room was complete, and it was only a few days later before it was producing fruits and berries. Thick vines with glowing fruits hung just within reach, and the entire construction group feasted on fruit. It was one of the sweetest things they had ever eaten, and they nearly picked the room clean gorging themselves.

They brought back a basket of fruit for the rest of the Cobbolds to eat and choose from.

Radican, Blek Hanging Garden Hanging Garden: 20d100+121+52 1212 vs Hangin Garden: 25d100 1076

The blood flower gorged itself on Cobbolds, they kept feeding and feeding it, and the thing kept getting bigger and bigger, Whistler in particular became one of it’s favorite meals as it grew. It’s petals slowly peeled back revealing an angry row of sharp teeth. It’s tongue reached out and tried to grab Whistler’s arm for another bite, but the cobbold was too quick for it and dashed away. The tongue was faster then it was before, and the last time Whistler fed it, it was hard to get it to stop. The creature was becoming stronger, and no-one was sure what that meant for H’olm. Magdalene sternly warned the cobbolds to be careful around the flower. It’s ravenous appetite might not be sated with just a nibble of Cobbold flesh. The flower let out a low growl.

“Come here little cobbold,” it whispered at whistler, “Push your luck, come give me another nibble.” The flower whispered, it’s eyes locked on Whistler it licked it’s lips and a deep green ichor flowed from the corner of it’s mouth. “Feed me, I’m so hungry.”

+5 bile, if during your post you give Mother Magdalene, a story about your heroism or bravery.

Afterwards, she wanted to have a tour of the town, together the full faced cobbolds and Magdalene walked the streets. Bodies were being piled up high in the town square, and being stripped of their armor and weapons. Faceless stood in small groups refitting the armor so that they and others could wear it. They went to the old church where the Knights had hid their weapons and villagers. She looked around, and her eyes grew wide as she saw the marking on every wall and door handle. “Curious…” she mumbled to herself, she gently touched it, and it glew a bright green that filled the room with light. It was almost blinding to stare directly at it, and many of the faceless hissed when the light hit their eyes.

She then went out to the fields, and looked around, Neat brought her one of the tiny bugs that she had been plucking out of the ground. Magdalene gave it a quick glance, and picked it up. She openned her great gaping maw, and quickly downed the tiny creature. There was a loud crunch like glass being crushed under a boot and in a few moments she swallowed. “This is interesting, I will have to study these more, I wonder if these creatures are showing up all over Phoenicia. I will need time to study this, and I could use an assistant” She mused on the subject for a bit, before she took her procession down to see the Prison.

The faceless stood guard ontop of the hedge wall that surrounded the Mayor’s property. Knight’s in tunics were sitting around, or sleeping in their tents that had been brought over. She looked at them all, and smiled when she saw the other priestess. She walked with her cobbolds over to see her, and was smiling wide.

“Hello Genevieve,” Magdalene said, looking at the priest, who towered over the cobbolds and Mother Magdalene as she spoke. “I see you’re a high priestess now, congratulations.”

Genevieve looked at Magdalene and her mouth was agape, then she spat at Mother Magdalene. Libelia, the half-face, growled, “Mother Magdalene, do you want us to get rid of her?” Magdalene simply laughed.

“Mother Magdalene?” Genevieve said shocked, “You still call yourself a mother after what you did? You’ve destroyed this town. You’ve poisoned our crops and murdered our people. You turned your back on the Old Gods.”

“Just because I do not worship to be in the Great Chorus, does not mean I’ve turned my back on the clergy quite yet. I have found new Gods, and new ways of doing things, and their blessings have brought me quite the congregation.” Mother Magdalene made a sweeping gesture over the cobbolds, “I’m still a priestess.”

“Look at you, your form has become twisted and unnatural, are you still even human?” Genevieve said, changing the subject.

“No, thank god. I’ve had the cruelty of humanity removed from me when I signed my pact. Besides, I’m not here to see you.”

Jahira and Janesh ran up, waving their arms trying to get Mother Magdalene’s attention. Libelia growled loudly and went bounding after them, “STOP!” Magdalene called, and Libelia came to a screeching halt, her feet creating deep tracks in the soft earth that used to be the manor’s front lawn. Jahira pushed past the cobbold who growled even louder at him, and cried out, “Mother Magdalene, Mother! Please, our family has been loyal too you for years. You’ve helped us when no-one else would. I remember when my Mother had been sick, it was one of your potions that revived her. I used to, when I was a child crawl through the woods and see you. You promised me, years ago that the forest would never hurt me while I wore it. Me and Janesh, we’re wearing your symbol, please let us free.”

Mother Magdalene looked at the young teenager for a moment. His skin was dark, and his hair was short and had been twisted into small spirals, He was lean, even for a teen, and stood nearly 6 feet tall. He rolled up his sleeve, and showed Mother Magdalene where he had drawn the symbol on himself. She continued to study him and then turned to look at Janesh.

“And this woman is..?” She asked Jahira. Janesh was shorter then Jahira, by a couple of inches, she had long black hair that cascaded down to her back. She was a bit older then Jahira was, looking nearly 15 or 16 years old. She was just as lanky and awkward as Jahira, but she had a fire in her eyes that told a story of preservation and steely wits. Around her neck she wore an iron necklace with a tiny heart pendant on it.

“This is my… Partner. She’s the only family I have left, my mother and father were hung for demonology. They were just trying to get more help with the farm, someone had killed our Oxen, and we wouldn’t have been able to work the fields without one. I had to move in with Janesh’s parents because there was no-one to take care of me in our house, and the field itself became barren. Please, I know you can fix this, take me with you. I hate these people.”Mother Magdalene smiled, and gave him a big hug, her arms reaching around his waist.

He fell to his knees and begged her, “Please. I can be useful.”

“I’m sorry, these cobbolds are not creatures of the forest, they’re something more, a sapient, that is they’re people with all of the goodies and problems that come with that. I will ask them, but I can’t promise you they will agree. They could be very upset that you all grabbed the knights and, honestly, you killed nearly 20 or 30 cobbolds. If you had surrendered when they first showed up, maybe…” She looked at him. “Would you join us, if you had the option?”

“You’ve always looked out for me, Miss Magdalene. You saved my mom, you took care of our family, for generations. I trust you. Besides, where would I go?” He said, “But please also take Janesh, I can’t leave her here, she’s the only person left who is important to me.”

“Well, I will ask them.” She turned to the faceless, “Make sure nothing happens to these two, I don’t want the knights to get ideas, or decide to take their frustrations out on the 2 smartest humans in the village.”

The cobbolds, demons, orcs, and magdalene all sat around a table where the Knight Commander had been sitting, and discussed their next move.

“So first thing’s first, there’s two prisoners that I think could be quite useful. Jahira and Janesh. I think having human’s on our side to convince other humans to surrender would be useful, and in matters of diplomacy it will help if they had a friendly face to converse with. Besides, we can always kill them if they get crazy.” She smiled.

“Next, I want to discuss the crops. I think we should do our best to get them growing again. It will be much faster with as many hands, and magic that we possess. From what I understand, the Taxman doesn’t care who lives in the village as long as he gets his food. We could cement ourselves as the food provider for the duchy, which would offer a certain amount of protection. Of course doing so would cut us horribly close to our Orc friends deadline. If our group was larger, we might be able to split up, leaving a small contingent to handle taking care of the crops, while the rest of us go to do the Orc’s job. I’m not sure what the right decision is.

Mother Magdalene recommends taking care of the crops so that they have something to barter with when the taxman comes for food.

:siren;:siren::siren: H’OLM VOTE :siren:

A.) Free Jahira
B.) Free Jahira and Janesh
C.) Free Everyone
D.) Keep everyone prisoner

Memories

Bluco The Fletcher Job Memory

There were only 5 of us. That poor old man. We had too, if any of us didn’t the Commander would take our armor and sword. What’s a knight without his tools. Oh god, the screams of his family. Eventually though, he agreed to make us weapons. I just wish he had gotten the clue sooner. So much bloodshed.

Blek Banditry on the Plains

Plenty of merchants pass through the great plains, bringing food and wares from the outer villages to the empire. And honestly, a farmer’s life isn’t worth much to begin with. The men are hungry, and there’s only so much food to go around. It’s only right, we’re knights we defend the realm!

Yip When we robbed the elves (Memory)

We found a group of Elves asking for clemency, to join up with the towns in exchange for food and lodging. We slaughtered them and took what we wanted. They had plenty to last them the trip, and we managed to fill our own coffers.

Yeetus Memory: Dwarven Evictions

The smell of burning dwarf meat was sickening, but they had dug one of their subterranean tunnels through our fort. We had to fill it with pitch and light it on fire, otherwise we’d have Dwarves pouring out into our home. The screams still haunt me, sometimes I feel like we may not be the paragons of virtue we purport ourselves to be.

Possible Sieges:
(Majority must vote for one of these with their action, else we do another down time.)
  • Attack the Castle

• Attack the Elves

• Attack the Elves, while leaving behind a group to manage the Farm (-30 cobbolds)

• Raid another Village

Items, Memories, and Healing

Healing
#39 heals 1 (121 vs Healing: 1d100 98)

Items

Bolderdash

Blek

Loot

There were no conflicts when looting, everyone gets the item(s) that they rolled for, the following is still available.

Roll for the following if you want it:
Magic Memory: Song of the Fallen x2
Magic Memory: Song of the Heroic x1
Memory: The Grease Job
Memory: Life in the Barracks
Memory: When I was promoted to knight
Memory: The village I grew up in
Memory: Raids on the Glass Desert
Memory: Life on the open sea
Memory: When the mayor hired our company

Buildings

Hanging Gardens

Everyone who posts this downtime will receive 1 free satiation, and may choose one of the following fruits. This happens EVERY downtime.

Blood Flower :siren::siren::siren::siren: HAS BEEN CHANGED
Does not take an action.

Take 1d3 damage and roll a d12-d4 in Orokos. Take the result in satiation. This will also empower a demon in the area as though you gave it satiation, based on the d4 roll. This building can not be improved. This building will also change as it gets fed, for the better or worse is for the fates to know.

Workshop
Does not take an action.

Replicate an item for it’s cost. Replicated Items have a Teal Box and Can Be Combined but Not Upgraded. State the combination, and I will give you a cost and the new value, you will then decide if you want to do it.
Make a new item for 5 Satiation. These can be upgraded.
Upgrade it for 10, then 15, 20, then 25. Item bonus increases from +5 / +10 / +15 / +20
At 25 Cost it gains a special ability, chat with me on Discord I do not have PMs.
An item with a specific use in mind, can be created for 10 satiation, but it will not give a bonus, or only give a bonus conditionally, state what you want and I’ll attach appropriate numbers to it. This item can be upgraded for 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 satiation.

Downtime

Healing
Cooking, Healing, entertaining or similar Memories can be used for a +10 bonus to restore HP. Healing is a Conflict between the healers and the wounded - their combined roll is rolled against d100 rolls representing the wounded. Success heals each wounded by 1 HP - and each 100 over heals an additional HP. Healing can only be performed in downtime while making camp. In situations in which SOME healing is possible, you’ll be provided a Closed Conflict - only enough time or resources to partially fix the wounded! The wounded never needs to roll themselves (I’ll do that).

Hospital Bonus 1: If your healing check failed, you or anyone may spend satiation to raise it, at a rate of 1 satiation per +5 to the heal check. Anyone can contribute satiation to your healing attempt

Scouting
The scout action can be used during down time to provide for the warren. Soldiers with stealth, trapping, scouting, cooking, hunting, foraging or similar type memories will get a plus 10. Each person scouting rolls a 1d100 based on their roll; they either have success or failure. 00 - 75 you find something that hurts you. This can be an animal, a person, or even just falling out of a tree, whatever happened you failed your check. 76 - 85 you find food, everyone in the warren gains +1 Satiation due to your excellent hunting skills 86 - 95 You find something useful, this will generally be an item of some sort, or a cache of items though sometimes it can lead to special events, or even new strategies. 96+ This will find you a high quality item, a lot of low quality items, or even possibly some magic (which is basically an item that costs satiation to use, but has huge effects.) This can also unlock Epic Strategies depending on when and where you are in the story when you find it. a natural 100 is considered a critical success, you will find something awesome. If you roll this message me on discord so we can chat about what you found. You have some say in this!

Total Cobbolds: 79
Total Beds: 150
Cobbold Workforce: 79d100

Prisoners: 103
Total Orphans: 20
Total Priests: 1
Total Knights: 55
Total Riflemen: 27

Orcs Must Return to Ironstrike (6 Turns)
The Taxman Comes (3 Turns)

Downtime Activities
  • Scout the Castle [10d100 Wounds 6]

• Scout the Elves [10d100 Wounds 10]

• EPIC - Find Hunters to steal their charms [10d100 + 100 Wounds 12]

• Search for traders 25d100 Faceless Lethal 5

• >>> Guard the prisoners 30d100 Wounds 10 Faceless Lethal 3 Mandatory

• Escort Prisoners to H’olm 40d100

• Eat a Prisoner (Specify Kind) Difficulty 0 Gain More Memories

• Shifting Room - turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades. Difficulty 0 Can do 50 prisoners at once. Prisoners MUST be in H’olm

• Farm the fields Difficulty 20 Satiation 10 (Must be done 3x for a full harvest) Food can be used to get Satiation

• Raid The Village for loot Difficulty 5 Wounds 6

Downtime Expansions

• Upgrade the Dormitory - Difficulty 20d100 Satiation 10
    Currently Providing: 150 Beds
    Upgrade Will Provide: 300 Beds
    You’re going to need a bigger spot to hold all these cobbolds, Faceless work at Half efficiency when they don’t have a bed, you’ll need to make more beds to have more Cobbolds working around the Warren. This doesn’t affect Cobbolds on Stratagems. - Neat

• Upgrade the Hospital - Difficulty 25d100 Satiation 10 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: Spend satiation to raise healing rolls
    Upgrade Will Provide: Spend satiation to raise healing rolls even more, use satiation to heal multiple people with successful rolls.
    With a bigger hospital, we could make more efficient use of our satiation. Plus it would gives us access to more facilities, anything that gets me out of here faster I appreciate - Magdalene

• Upgrade the Ritual Room - Difficulty 30d100 Satiation 40 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: Level 1 Rituals, Cheaper Ritual Costs
    Upgrade Will Provide: Level 2 Rituals, Cheaper Ritual Costs, Combat modifications for Demons, Larger area of effect for demons
    We should make this bigger, it’ll give us access to more rituals, more demons, and when we’re big and strong, I can eat Ceres. - Neat

No-one is eating me, especially not this tiny runt, but yes more rituals are more better. Now could someone please get a stroller for this lost toddler. - Ceres

• Turn the workshop into an Engineering Office - Difficulty 50 Satiation 20 Wounds 10
    Currently Providing: More Buildings, Item Crafting
    Upgrade Will Provide: More buildings, Lowers or eliminates danger of all building Projects.
    The engineering office would allow the creation of siege tools, and items that take multiple Cobbolds to properly use. Ontop of this, it would allow the construction of major defenses to H’olm- P’ark

We won’t need this for a while to be honest, H’olm is much too small to be important, and the major constructions will require more cobbolds then we have at that moment - Mother Magdalene

• Expand the Prison - Difficulty 10 Satiation 10 Wounds 5
    Currently Providing: 60 Prisoner Slots
    Upgrade Will Provide: 100 Prisoner Slots
    A little forward planning isn’t a bad idea, if we siege the farmstead like we plan too, we’re likely to take on much more prisoners. We should take care of them now, so we have a place to put them. - P’ark

• Expand the Shifting Room - Difficulty 100 Satiation 50 Wounds 10 Lethal 1 Faceless Lethal 10
    Currently Providing: Downtime strategy, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades.
    Downtime strategy, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 60% to turn, 30% to do nothing, %10 to kill
    Upgrade Will Provide: Downtime strategy turns, turns sapiens into cobbolds, 50% chans to turn, 40% to kill, 10% to not kill
    Oooh, I love the idea of this, it’s so nifty, you put a human, orc, elf, bear, whatever really, and out pops a shiny new Cobbold. This one is one of my designs! - Neat

Mother Magdalene used a spell I didn’t think we were ready yet. With a shifter room we could do this on a more regular basis, giving us a reason to keep around a healthy… Livestock hehehe. What do you mean this is Neat’s Room? I knew how to make one, I just didn’t think you were ready! - Ceres

[list]
  • Build an Abattoir - Difficulty 25 Satiation 20 Wounds 10
    Will provide: Access to a Necromancer’s Table, a place to turn prisoners into bile, a place to turn multiple prisoners into satiation, a place to turn prisoners into a “Corpse” Resource.
    As we get stronger, and do more advanced rituals, we’re going to need bodies. This would be a great place to store them until it’s time to use them. It’s also the first step to necromancy, which brings it’s own fun and challenges. - Ceres

Necromancy isn’t the only use of an Abbatoir, dead bodies are used in rituals that live bodies are not. Plus if you want to feed us, this will make it easier to do so, so we don’t have to kill them in the ritual room and have a fight over it. - Neat

Meat can be good for healing, this may open an upgrade path to the hospital, that’ll make it more capable of healing then it is now. - P’ark

• Upgrade a Hanging Garden - Difficulty 50 Satiation 40 Wounds 15
    Currently Providing: 1 Free Item, 1 Free satiation per DownTime
    Upgrade Will provide: More Item Choices
    A bigger garden will be able to provide a larger bounty, and more useful items - Magdalene

• Build a Teleporter Room - Difficulty 30 Satiation 10 Wounds 10
    Will provide: Rituals wherever you build a Teleporter Room, access to all of H’olms upgrades and shops wherever you built a Teleporter Room. Will cost 1 satiation per 25 faceless to use during downtimes
    This building is our idea, when you get to The Farm, and get it under your control, it’s going to be a days walk between there and here. This room will let you use all of the amenities of H’olm while still being able to do work in the Farm. Not to mention that, each Teleporter room built increases our dominion, allowing us to operate everywhere you build one. You’d still need to build one in The Farm though. - Neat and Ceres

Be careful with teleporting magic, this is purely a demonic creation, and many have been known to fall in the space between worlds, and deep into the demon’s own realm - Mother Magdalene

We don’t mess with portals, none of the sentient races do. There’s no proof that you are still alive when you go through one, and much proof that you die, and merely a copy takes your place. There’s an old story of an Orc that was killed by his copy, after improperly summoning a portal, and making two of himself. His wife never knew whether she was laying with the original, or the doppelganger - P’ark

• Lay minetrack between H’olm and The Farm - Difficulty 40Wounds 5
    Will provide: Rituals wherever you build minetrack, access to all of H’olms upgrades and shops wherever you build a minetrack. Free to use
    This was our other idea, if you place runic engravings in the track, anywhere you lay track counts as part of H’olm, so we can travel around the tracks just as we would around H’olm. This would also let you travel between the two places in a matter of hours, instead of days. The teleporter would be easier, but you’d need to build tracks without getting caught. - Neat and Ceres

This would be much less dangerous than the teleporter, though it would not be instantaneous, and would require much more infrastructure to expand in the future - P’ark

I’ve always been fond of trains, in the City of Phoenicia, there is a train that runs all the way from the coast to the capital, and a section of track that connects each Duchy, allowing them to move their large amount of wealth quickly and safely - Mother Magdalene

Rituals

Demon poo poo
  • Expand Ceres Power - Difficulty 5 Satiation 5 Wounds 3

• Expand Neat’s Power - Difficulty 10 Satiation 20 Wounds 5

• Feed Ceres to Neat - Difficulty 25 Satiation 10 Wounds 5 Lethal 1 Faceless Lethal 5

• Feed Neat to Ceres - Difficulty 95 Satiation 10 Wounds 30 Lethal 15 Faceless Lethal 35

• Feed the 10 Farmers to Neat and Ceres - Difficulty 5 Farmers 10 Wounds 1

House Keeping
  • Demonic Scouting - Difficulty 10 Satiation 10 (Will find anyone still in the forest within the Demons Range.)

• Shifting Room - Difficulty 0 turns sapiens into cobbolds, 40% chance to turn, 60% chance to kill, improves with upgrades. Can do all prisoners at once.

Future Stuff
  • Cobbolds Blessing - Difficulty 5 Satiation 9 Wounds 5 (+10 to all actions until next Downtime)

• Summon a fog - Difficulty 3 Satiation 5 (Subtracts -100 from stratagem difficulty that takes place in the forest.)

• Sow Chaos - Difficulty 6 Satiation 6 (Creates Special Stratagems for the next encounter.)

• Neat’s Combat Ritual - Difficulty 5 Satiation 3 (-25 from every combat stratagem in the next fight, costs 1 satiation to maintain)

• Ceres Combat Ritual - Difficulty 5 Satiation 5 (+3 bonus to every Cobbold, Faceless or otherwise costs 1 satiation to maintain)

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 5, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Posting Deadline is Monday at 4AM PST GMT-08:00

You can post after that, but that's when I start writing my post.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Cards I forgot

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Moving the posting date to Wednesday 10/7/20 6:00 AM PST GMT -08:00

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HP: 4/5 -> 2/5
Memory: Hiding, When the Cleric Found my Farm, When we Robbed the Elves
Satiation:2+6+1+2 = 11
Bile: 1+5= 6

Bookkeeping:
Blood Flower lvl 2 - damage taken: 1d3 = 2
Blood Flower lvl 2 - satiation gained: 1d12-1d4 6
Hanging Gardens: +1 Satiation, Flesh Fruit Eaten, +2 satiation
+5 bile, if during your post you give Mother Magdalene, a story about your heroism or bravery.
H’OLM VOTE: Eat Everyone

---

Yip got a crazed look in his eyes as he lugged his new Knight Armour and sword to the workshop, but after checking all his pocketses and even the hidden nook for saved satiation, he came up short for the project he had in mind. Even the bloodflower or the new hanging gardens were of little help, only bringing him a few more scraps closer to his goal, but leaving him drained and woozy. Or maybe the wooziness was just his natural state, with Yip, it was hard to tell.

At one point he bumped into Mother Magdalene as she was villainously monologuing in front of the demons - somehow, even dragging the clunky suit of armour behind him, she didn't notice him approach, and neither did Yip see her above all his new gear - and after the dust had settled and profuse, confused apologized were gushed in her general direction and a soothing froggy paw scruffed his hedgehog spikes to indicate that everything was alright - the little cobbold sat down dutifully as Mother Magdalene asked him to tell her a tale of battle, as she had missed out on most of the fighting.

"Ohs! Yip was sneaksing, foundem hidey spot for boomers and tasty hunams, but they talk and sing and sing and talk and some draw but with old, boring colours until Yip leave. Saw big fightman though. Later, Yip saw tall Elvis in damp trees, many bow, many bow, also big circle wardy thing but symbol make it pop! Anyway, when is eats? Can we eats all Hunams? Can we eats Elvis?"

--

Long after he was done talking to Mother Magdalene, he noticed she had left his spikes full of bile. What a thoughtful gift! Rushing with his new fortune to the workshop, Yip began work on his masterpiece, the Silverfish Armour Mk2.

Combining Silverfish Suit and Knight Armour for 10 satiation and 5 bile.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 5, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Memory: Got Goat Medicine From the Witch In The Woods (Cooldown), Fletcher Job (using)
HP: 4/5 remaining
Satiation: 10 > 11 > 12 (free satiation) > 14 (eating flesh fruit) > 4 (All satiation for Farm the Fields)
Bile: 0 > 5
Notes:
Items: Leather Armor +5, Goat Stick + 5, Shooty Thing

D- "Humans are like goats. Willful, stupid, and funny-looking but hard workers that are surprisingly funny and wily. Like goats, we can use them for farmin'." He spit out a Flesh Fruit seed at the ground as he savored its flavor. "Ayep, let them go and work for us with some real careful-like go-.. human-herding."

And well, speaking of farmin'. We needed to get over to them Elves for the good Orc buddy's stuff, but we can't leave the Farm not farmin' right? Goats 'n humans would just run rampant and eat n' destroy EVERYTHING if they weren't carefully watched. Bluco gave out a vote that they should Go to the Elves, leave some Cobbolds behind for the next action they took. Better to act quick 'n dirty or the Elves will end up just as fortified as these goa- humans' barn had been strongified up!

Well, now that the braying and challengin' like a ruttin' goat about what to do was over, Bluco had a job to do. He had the memory and the skills to round up dumb goats and humans to make them do what he wanted to and he wanted them to farm. Just a bit of poking and proddin' was all they needed for them to do what Bluco wanted. Shame about the Fletcher's fingers, really. Bluco gathered up some faceless and got them humans to work.

Farm the Fields (satiation, stick, Fletcher job): 1d100+4+5+10 97
Giving all 10 Satiation for action

----------

Bluco saw Mother Magdelene enter the town as he was guiding more prisoners into the fields with his Goat Pokin' stick. He called out to her and went over to introduce himself. He had only been Faced for a short time and she needed to see the real him.

"Mother Magdelene! Howdy, I'm Bluco. You probably knew me as a human goat herder before I got all transmogrified into this more goat-like body I got here by that room of yours. Thankee much for your help before with my herd. I always knew it weren't yer fault that things went bad around here. It was them damned taxmans and clerics and rot. They just couldn' leave us well enough alone." He spit in the general direction of the mayor's house.

"Anyways, I wanted to let ya know that I am standin' up for the faceless and half-faced around here. Didn' see much action as a faced Cobbold in this here fight, only got my face after that weird Amelie gal got herself offed like a goose what won't lay eggs. I stood up to them more pacifistic fellers that wanted to accept surrender of these evil taxman-lovin' blokes. Don't they know that the faceless gotta eat and the human's gotta be all domesticated? I lost that particular fight, but I won't keep standing up for my little brothers and sisters. That kindly lil' half-faced Lobelia, for instance, I've taken a shine to. I'll make sure to be a good goatherd and get these cute, willful folks to where they need to be in the future."

He held out his horn in a salute. "Nice to meet you finally, M'arm"

Slaan fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #39 posted:

HP:[03/05]+[05/05]?=08/010
Satiation:16+1=17
Bile:13+1=14
Memories--:
-- *crack*

--This memory itches.

Loot:
(Unloaded? Hungry. Demands to be used.)

Special:

#39 looked at the new shooty thing, experimentally lifting it in the air, practicing the aim.
It was not yet alive.
But beneath the surface, it thrummed with energy flowing through its metallic veins.
This shooty-thing... No, this boomstick, was going to be a very, very good friend.
------
#39 browsed the garden-
+01 Satiation, 18 Satiation
-and ate a healberry.
+01 HP, 09/10 HP
Sweet, yet dreamlike.
Cottony?
#39 would have to try more things in the future, learn more adjectives for this.
------
#39, having finished their trip around H'olm, finally returned to the hospital.
The knight commander's armor was something special, and #39 was in better health, but the Doomslayer shotgun was demanding.
So #39 returned to treat their wounds further.

#39 Healing posted:

:1d100
:+18 (Satiation)
:+1 (Pitchfork)
:+1 (Knight Sword
:+5 (Doomslayer Shotgun)

#39 patchs up their wounds. [Healing]: 1d100+18+1+1+5 82 87
:+5 Hospital bonus.