Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Babold
HP: 5/5
Memory: Charging
Satiation: 10 -> 11

There were too many dying lazy Cobbolds!

Babold decided to go 'round prodding them with his pitch fork lance and tell them to get ready for the big charge and also maybe change their bandages or something.

Get the wounded ready!: 1d100+10+1 21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Yip

Memory: Hiding
Satiation: 10->11
Bile: 1 -> 0

To Yip it made perfect sense to build the hospital Mother Magdalene rather than risk injuring her by moving her around the trap filled warren. And since only Yip knew where she was hidden, naturally it fell to him to build it!

Build a Hospital: 1d100+10 = 101

offering up their precious 1 Bile in the process, the cowardly cobbold set to work furnishing the already pre-dug hiding cave with whatever he thought looked safe and sanitary.

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 14, 2020

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Radican

HP: 4/5
Memory: Itching (using)
Satiation: 9 -> 10
Treas: 1x Bonus “+200 poisoned claws” Can use one time during a combat

Yeah! Workshop time! Radican meets with Amelie to dig out a workshop space, then hesitates when she gets a good look at Amelie's neck. "Whoa, nobody's done anything about that? I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be able to see... Anyway, here. Pack this in the wound. And don't scratch at it. It'll itch like hell, but let it do its job and you won't have a..." Radican mimes slitting her throat. "That should go away."

Radican scrapes an unidentifiable olive-colored substance off her torso, packs it into a ball, and puts it in Amelie's hand. "Good luck! I gotta check on Vek, too."

Tending to the wounded
The itching means it's healing!: 1d100+10+9 60

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 17, 2020

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Name: Sproggle
Memory: Painting
Satiation: 8->9
Bile: 3->4
Affinities: Ritual Room +5

Sproggle eyed the orcs with wariness, trepidation, caution. They were big, yes, very big, very very big, much bigger than cobbolds. Much bigger than Sproggle. But they were here to help, to fight! But their weapons were broken, their armor was broken. They couldn't fight with broken tools, no-no. Fighting without armor was like painting without paint! He pondered this problem for a while. He wasn't an armorer, no-no, but being a painter was even better! He had ideas, yes-yes!

"Excuse me, yes-yes, but I am here to help with armor! No-no, not the armor you are wearing. Closer armor, armor on skin! Strong, powerful, colorful armor! Paint for fighting, battle, war. Protects and strengthens!"

Sproggle didn't particularly wait for an answer before going after Leif, who was presently sitting on a stump, well within reach of Sproggle's arms.

"Orange is a powerful color, yes-yes, strong and aggressive! Gives strength to arms, yes-yes! White is adding protection, white for warding, white for woading. Black is tough color, tough and sneaky and clever, black is keeping humans from seeing you until it is too late! Add color, yes-yes, color and more color, power and more power! Armor that is lighter than nothing!"

He stepped back to admire his handiwork.

Flawless. A perfect job. Leif was invincible now.

War Paint Painting!: 1d100+7+10 80 (This is intended to go towards their armor, but if you want to rule it as its own thing, that's also fine!)

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 15, 2020

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Name: Sadie
HP: 4/5
Memory: Recklessness (Recharge)
Satiation: 12 > 13
Bile: 3 > 4

I argued for this choice, so of course I had to go help with it. I was afraid I might break things, so I kept to the small tasks when clearing the area for the hospital. Except first I knocked over a pile of rocks that was supposed to be the start of a wall? And then I stumbled into the wood being used and broke a piece. And then I started coughing and everyone looked at me like I was getting infectious disease all over our hospital? Or maybe I just imagined them looking at me.

I ended up just standing there for awhile, until someone looked like they needed help. Surely I couldn't gently caress up carrying a heavy thing and following someone's lead? Except I could. Because I kept bumping into things we walked past, or not noticing they were stopping and ramming it into people. Or other stupid things. Yay for me. They probably would have been better off with anyone else?

Maybe I should have helped with healing, but I see others moving to play nurse and I bet I would have killed someone if I tried to help them.

Build that hospital: 1d100+12 49

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Basher

Memory: Breaking Things (In Use)
Satiation: 4 -> 5

Basher decided to help break rocks and help dig to build a healy-place. So he hit the wall with his head, and used his new war-axe thingy (the hoe) to bring down the broken rocks.

Breaking rocks....badly. (Build Hospital) 1d100+11 = 18

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hyde

Memory: Organization
Satiation: 10 -> 11
Bile: 0

The Hospital workshop was going well, but Hyde wanted to finish up the work on the Workshop he and others had started. He rolled up his sleeves and started working on putting it all together.

Building the Workshop: 1d100+10 14

It didn't go so well.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Vek
Health: 3/5 HP
Memory: Trapping (using)
Items: Pitchfork (+1)
Satiation: 12 -> 13
Bile: 1 -> 2

Vek had come out to the forests to meet with the Orc contingent when the Orcs' outriders had first visited the area. Since the trap-making Cobbold was in charge of Hol'm's heavily-trapped perimeter, it was important that Vek be present in the Cobbold-Orc meeting to instruct the Orcs in how to bypass Hol'm's current defensive setup.

It was while he was on this peacemaking mission that Vek first met with the Orc leader, P'ark. He was very tall, very wide, very wise, and very green, and he had a deep, guttural laugh that Vek liked to hear, because whenever he heard that laugh it meant to Vek that the Orcs weren't going to suddenly kill them all over nothing... That was when Vek decided that he would stay with the small team of Cobbolds whose sole responsibility was keeping P'ark entertained for the evening.

Later in the night, P'ark was drinking and eating elfmeats with his must trusted lieutenants and listening to Vek spin a hilarious story from wholecloth.

"- And see," Vek continued, "that's when - my neighbor - well he turn to me and he say, 'That not a bear in trap, that my wife!'"

:hek:

> Entertain P’ark for Elf Meats: 1d100+10+12+1 110
> Laying claim to 'When I killed my neighbor's wife' memory, or else calling 'dibs'.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Tine
Hp: 4/5 ; Satiation: 8>9 ; Bile: 1 ; Memories: Leather-working(using)

Workshop, make sure it's set up for leatherwork: 1d100+18 100

"Yeah, you're in a rush, I'd rather be shanking some losers too, but patience is a virtue, build now to shank later."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Faust
Satiation: 8 > 9
Bile: 1 > 2
Memories: Occultism (cooldown)
HP 5/5
Bonuses:
+5 to Ritual Room

"Of two Mothers are we."

"One grants us life."

"The other grants us wisdom."

"The Waxer's arts must abide, then, whilst we perform our filial duties."

Heal Magdalene: 1d100+9 75

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Syd
Memory: Metalworking(Using)
Satiation: 6>7

Syd really wanted to finally, finally get a proper workshop set up, but they didn't know when the villagers would attack, and sending in Orcs unarmed and unarmored would probably end any potential relationship with the Orcs. The least he could do was to patch up and mend their armor with whatever spare metal bits they had laying around.

But man, Syd was going to be very annoyed if this resulted in yet another failure at setting up the workshop...

Help fix the Orcs' armor: 1d100+16 54

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Memory: Cobbling
Satiation: 6 -> 7

The orcs were with them, at least for now. Time for Cobb to show the worth of the Cobbolds. He smiled as he inspected one of their armoured boots. So big! He'll defintely not mess these shoes up at all!

Helping repair orcs' armour: 1d100+10+7 68

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Walsh

HP: 5/5 Memory: Carving Satiation: 2 -> 3 Bile: 0 -> 1

Walsh had been... Distracted recently, but he couldn't let his allies down. He went to take a look at the orcs' weapons and clicked his tongue. "This won't do at all. Look, the haft of your spear is split. Tell you what; to grab me a bundle of wood, and I'll make you a new one. We'll affix the blade here, and even if we can't sharpen this one up a stout staff is much better than what you're working with. Here, I'll grab my tools..."

Repair Weapons: 1d100+2 82

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 16, 2020

Catalina
May 20, 2008

(New Cobbold coming through! Neither me or her know what we're doing, we're just copying everyone else)

Brocola
Satiation: 0 -> 1
Memory: Specialized Soapmaking Science

Brocola

In her human life, Brocola was an apprentice soapmaker. Soap is lovely and useful, yes? And it makes things so shiny, and pretty, and clean! When you pick it up, it's so simple and safe, right?

But Brocola knows a secret - soap actually involves...burning. So very much burning. First, you chop the trees and you burn them to ash. After you make the ash, you burn the firewood to heat the fats. Then you mix some water with the ash, then put that mixture in the heated fats. Be careful not to get the ash water on your skin, it will cause chemical burns! Be careful not to get the heated fat on your skin, it will cause thermal burns! Be careful when you mix the two mixtures together, it could get in your eyes and burn you blind!

And if you don't know how to make the soap juuust right, the soap can look like nice, normal soap; but it can cause burns, too! Right now, she really doesn't like the humans who are attacking! She's sure she can think of lots of ways to give them burns, and they won't even see it's coming! Especially if it gets in their eyes!

In the meantime, though...yes! A hospital! A hospital had so many things you could clean, and so many things you could burn to make things even cleaner! That had to be the best choice!

Help build that hospital: 1d100: 2

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The warren was alive with the sounds of work and creation. As creatures swarmed the orcs and started to take their armor and weapons, “Hey! Stop it,” P’ark said as he was swarmed by Cobbolds who tried to take off his chest plate. Vek tried to keep them entertained, “ Dis iss no need for concerns, iss good will be fixed like new. Sit by fire, I know funny joke.” The Orcs took off their gear the best they could, and felt eerily bare. As the cobbolds stood around the fire and started to work their hands over the metal easily mending the bends, scrapes, and dents, polishing it with their hands until it shone like new. Meanwhile, Vek continued his joke, though the Orcs mostly ignored him, keeping a sharp eye on their tools.

Walsh was quick to snatch the orcs weapons off the ground. Quickly explaining how to best care for the tools that they had, and ordering them to gather supplies to fix them. The orcs decided to humor the horned Cobbold, and quickly gathered wood. Walsh and the others were easily able to straighten the wood into straight lengths of wood, making what was once a gnarled branch a straight and sharp spear. The magic in a Cobbold shines most brightly with crafting, and it was quickly apparent to the Orcs that these Moonlings… No Cobbolds, were fae of some kind. To watch them work was mesmerizing they moved wood, metal, stone as though it were clay. Straightening it, pinching it and sealing it. Moving it about as though it were nothing.

When Vek got to the punchline of his jokes, the Orcs were barely paying attention. They pulled out the Elf meat, and started to cook it over the open fire. The smell caused the cobbolds to start to salivate, and the Orcs quickly took notice of the hungry look in their eyes. It took them a second to realize that just sitting with them there were… 10? No, 12 of them, and all of those eyes were locked onto their food. The Orcs shifted uneasily, as they realized just how bare the Cobbold’s had made them. They would be slaughtered if the creatures turned on them. They were so cute and crafty and happy seeming, they just now noticed the razor sharp teeth and claws of a predator. The protruding ribs of a creature not fed. Bright green saliva like acid, dripped from their mouths and small sizzling sounds were heard around the camp.

Uneasily, they slowly picked up the elf meat and put it back in the bag. “Easy now lads,” P’ark said concerned, the smell dissipated and the sounds of work quickly picked back up. Liv reached into her bag and pulled out a bit of meat and shared it with Vek, “I liked the joke,” she said with a wink. The meat itself was heavily spiced with… Something, and had been dried, pulverized, and mixed with fat to create a thick bar. It was a dark purple and had the unique nutty taste of something that fed on berries for most of its life. It was remarkably similar to the bear meat from earlier. Did Elves and Bears eat the same diet? To think the Bear was the least gamier of the two.

110 vs Entertainment (Difficulty): 5d100 277

Vek failed, but got meat for himself. No-one else gets meat because you’re freaks who can’t make your guests comfortable. Savages honestly. This will not do when we start entertaining more Regal Guests. We’ll work out manners later. -Ceres

Walsh and the other faceless cobbolds quickly returned the blades and weapons that they had taken from the Orcs, brand new. The weapons themselves shone like brand new. Blade re-attached to their hilts, spear heads newly lashed to shaft. In the moonlight they shined cruelly, as though they were thirsty. P’ark picked up his sword and slashed it through the air a few times, and it made a whistling sound as it sliced the air. He closely examined the blade where the Cobbolds had pinched the blade and saw that every knick had been removed, the blade itself was sharpened to the point where it no longer caught the light.

369 vs Weapons (Difficulty): 5d100+50 258

It had taken longer to disrobe the Orcs, as they were not really comfortable taking off their armor in front of what could possibly be future combatants, but the insistence of the Cobbolds, the friendliness of Vek, and the promise of repaired gear had them ignore their better judgement. As they took off Liv’s leather cloak she stood over them menacingly, a sharp glint in her eye. She watched them as they pinched the leather over any holes, quickly making them disappear. They worked the fabric over and over, looking for frayed threads to be smoothed. Liv put an arm on one of Sproggle’s many shoulders, “Careful small one, that tunic has warded off more blows than you would guess. I’m rather fond of it.” She looked pointedly at Sproggle’s paints, “I’d like it returned more or less as I’ve given it to you.” A faceless Cobbold quickly ran over and took the leather tunic from Sproggle, while Cobb handed him the Metal Plate that had the straps coming off of it. Syd and the faceless were working on the rest of the armor while Liv watched them. Leif poked her in the back, “Come on if they were going to murder us they would have done it already.”

“Look what they did to your face?!” She snapped back.

“It looks good, you know it looks good, I know it looks good, plus it’s apparently a charm and will ward off violence.”

“Yeah because no-one wants to hit someone who looks that ridiculous.” Liv retorted.

“Rude. I look like a fierce kitty, raring to pounce on succulent prey.”

P’ark, Arne, and Frode started to laugh behind them, and Leif jumped on Liv knocking her to the ground. They started to wrestle, and Liv punched him hard in the throat, getting the upper hand quickly. She spun around and grabbed his arm quickly throwing him into an arm bar. Leif gasped in pain. “Tap” she grunted, pulling hard.

Syd and Cobb grabbed their gear and quickly skittered away from the rough housing orcs as they rolled around in the dirt.

Leif’s arm flexed and it looked like it was about to pop. Leif held in for a few more moments before he started tapping quickly as hard as he could.

“Why are you so strong.” He muttered as he got up, rubbing the sore appendage.

“Why aren’t you?” Liv shot back.

335 vs Armor (Difficulty): 5d100+50 268

Hyde, Amelie, Tine, and a couple of the faceless Cobbolds tried to work on the workshop once again. The space had already been dug out and most of the tools were still workable under all the rubble. They quickly got to work trying to shore up the walls better so that it would collapse on them again, they were careful not too stack too much satiation together as it had exploded the last time they had worked with it. They quickly got the workshop too a point where it wouldn’t seemingly fall apart. They were writing the runes for the magic that would allow them to create wondrous magical items, that would expand their natural abilities to the supernatural. Right as they were hanging the last sign, Tine held up a singular screw. “Is this… Needed for anything?” Hyde and Amelie stared at each other than at Tine. It was the pivotal piece of enchantment, the center piece that held it all together in fact Hyde grabbed the screw and ran in trying to quickly screw it in, Amelie chased after him trying to get him out it could collapse at any moment it cou-

There was a loud bang, the sound of crashing and falling rocks. Just like that, all of the creature's work was quickly undone. Tine opened the door and grimaced. It was once again, covered in rubble, exactly where they started. He grabbed what must have been Amelie’s legs and pulled hard, trying to dislodge her from the rocky mess. She was covered in small cuts and scrapes, and in her hands were Hyde’s legs. Together they pulled as hard as they could trying to get him out. It was difficult, but they managed it after a few minutes of pulling and wriggling.

Ceres floated by gently, and tsked gently at the workers, “You know you could take that energy you’re trying to put into this and use it more efficiently in the ritual room. Imagine if the five of you had spent your time and energy making me stronger, why I might have been able to save you from your own mistakes, you were soo close, to doing it perfectly, don’t you want to make sure you had every edge first?” He tittered gently and floated past.

152 + Workshop: 2d100 124 276 vs Workshop (Difficulty): 5d100 277

Seriously, what’s even the point of a workshop. Your energy should be spent on rituals, or possibly helping with the hospital. Spreading yourselves so thin will only get you into trouble. Hyde should have used his re-roll if you really wanted to get it done. - Ceres

Don’t listen to him, a workshop is a fine thing, with it you can turn your satiation into permanent bonuses. Remember you can only carry so much satiation with you, some of you are quickly reaching that maximum. - P’ark

Basher, Brocola, Sadie, Yip, Carrick, Chungus, #39, Hospital Success

Meanwhile, across the way, work on the Hospital was underway. Most of the warren had turned up to create the new hospital. They carved arcane sketchings and runes into the walls. They used the pile of satiation to turn the rock smooth and soft, like a down mattress. They quickly created a well where they could pull fresh water, and one of the cobbolds even helped make soap so they could easier clean wounds. The place was looking clean and glamorous, it shone with a gentle light as the smooth stone was polished so that there was no chance of infection.

They quickly moved Mother Magdalene into the hospital only she was nowhere to be found. Yip looked sheepish, and let the group to the hollow in the hospital he had hidden Mother Magdalene, they took her gently and the runes of the hospital glowed as she was placed inside it proper. The cobbolds were excited, as she had immediately had some color return to her as she was placed on her bed. They brought a wet piece of cool cloth and put it on her forehead, and her eyes gently opened. They brought her even more food and she unhinged her jaw and dropped it all in, plate included. There was the sound of porcelain breaking as her teeth broke it down, and she laid back comfortably. Faust ran over, and Ceres floated gently over his shoulder, “Now just like I showed you,” Faust gently split open his finger, and squeezed the blood into her mouth. Her tongue lashed out and grabbed his whole arm, pulling it into the soft froggy mouth. Faust could feel his energy leaving him as she fed on it, they were stuck like that for… How long? Time seemed to stretch in the hospital, had it been a minute? An hour? A day? It felt like an eternity as she fed on him.

And then like that, the color had returned to her. “Very good, very good” She said gently as she sat up, “You have made great progress! H’olm is looking more and more like home each day.” She gently pushed herself up. Ceres swished around Mother Magdalene’s shoulders and seemed to gently be rubbing their back. “They are foolish, they built a ritual room before a hospital, I don’t think they care about you muchy. They tried to break into your cottage.” He said, “And they brought Orcs here.” His face was gleaming, and he started laughing. Mother Magdalene’s eyes shone brightly “Well they have been mighty industrious, to think we’ve actually got full faced Cobbolds, finally. It took years for them to emerge and already they’ve gotten so much done.”

Ceres seemed crestfallen, “You’re not mad?!”

“Why would I be mad, this is what I’ve been waiting for. Cobbold’s, full and brave, filled with initiative and actually doing things besides hiding in a hole waiting for me to dump food. Ceres you should know by now what this means for me. For us.”

“They’re not particularly bright,” he said, gesturing at Yip and Babbold who was trying to heal Vek by… Jamming satiation down his throat, Vek did not seem pleased with the particular treatment course chosen.

“They don’t have to be, they just need to have a drive to do something. Let’s go meet our guests.”

Radican had been bandaging up Amelie, and was able to use the magic in the hospital to quickly bind their wounds.

459 + Hospital: 13d100 620 vs Hospital (Difficulty): 18d100 957

Healing: 9d100 Vek 29, Amelie 39, Radican 42, Vek 48, Mother Magdalene 67, Needles 67, Amelie 81, #39 86, Sadie 88 547

Between now and the next vote, can spend 2 satiation to heal Vek. of 1 damage You can break it into two payments of 1 satiation split between two people if you want.

#39 get's a permanent +5 in the hospital. Carrick, Radican, and Yip get a permanent +1 to checks in the hospital

With a hospital, you can take satiation and use it to heal wounds. After a healing check is made, you will be asked if you want to spend 1 satiation for a +5 bonus to the check. You can spend as much satiation needed, and anyone can contribute. - Mother Magdalene

To think you almost let her die, then who would have lead you? I mean besides me - Ceres

A hospital is good, it immediately makes it easier to craft flesh like you do leather, iron, and wood. - P’ark

Magdalene leaned on Ceres, who took the form of a cane. She crept forward slowly, and then leaned on one of the Cobbolds, using both the cane and the cobbolds to hold herself up. She still wasn’t good enough to go walking around. She took a deep breath, grabbed a few stones of satiation off of the pile in the hospital, and swallowed. She right herself the best she could and used Ceres to push herself forward. She stood in the opening of the cave. “Welcome guests,” she said to the orcs, who had strapped themselves with their fully repaired armor and weapons. They looked formidable, and they gleamed happily.

P’ark bowed slightly, “Hello witch of the woods,” he said with a wave, “I assume these fascinating creatures belong to you.”

Mother Magdalene spat on the ground, a glob of blood hit the ground and mixed with the dirt, “They belong to no-one, they are free spirits of the land. I merely feed and clothe them, like I would anyone needing help.”

“Well we owe you all a great debt, our armaments had been cursed to disrepair, to no longer work and fall apart immediately. Yet your creatures not only were able to repair them, but to remove the curse entirely. If not for them, we’d be dead in the woods, with no way to get more food or more help.”

Arne and Leif looked worried, but Liv put out an arm to assuage them, “He wouldn’t say it if he didn’t have a plan.” She whispered gently, not knowing that there was no-one around who couldn’t hear her whispers.

“Well, I thank you for your kindness and your honesty. I hope you understand that this help does not come from the kindness of our own hearts. Since you have been honest with us, let us be honest with you. Humans come, if they aren’t here in the morning I will be surprised. They have a cleric, and I fear theirs is a war of extermination.”

The orc rubbed his chin, “We have a mission, we are to disrupt elves in the area, and figure out where they are re-supplying.”

“There is nothing around except for a few Cobbold warrens, an elven forest-home, and the village. If they’re re-supplying it’s from the farmers to the north. We have a shared objective Mr…”

“I’m P’ark, P’ark Neversteel” the orc said

“Well Mr. Neversteel” Magdalene felt dizzy, and the cobbolds saw her grip her cane more tightly, trying hard to keep herself upright. “You would benefit from allying with us, you could complete your mission and repay us for our kindness.”

He laughed, “You don’t mince words do you, cut right to the quick of it, when Orcs cut deals such as this, there’s normally a certain amount of drink and ceremony.”

“We do not have much out here in the woods, and you probably have more food and drink than we at this point. I apologize.” Mother Magdalene said, her words turning slightly bitter in her mouth.

“No no, I meant nothing by it, I prefer to be blunt. We will help you, in return you will lend your aid to raiding the town.” P’ark said.

“We will help you raid the town after the siege, and once that is done, you will help us regain our numbers.” Magdalene then lied, “Our warren was three times this size, but we’ve lost many to the farmers, we’d like to take our revenge on their numbers.”
P’ark looked confused, “The Blood Moon is many months off, how will you re-constitute your numbers?”

“Leave that to me.” Magdalene said. “I’d invite you inside, but we have no beds that would fit you.”

P’ark raised a hand, “If you’re expecting siege soon, we may want to camp elsewhere anyways,”

Magdalene reached into her robes, “Nearby here, south ontop of the hill you will find a cottage, use this charm to get past the gate, you will be safer there compared to anywhere else in the forest. You may drink from the well, but do not touch the door if you value your life. I have neither the time nor the inclination to remove my charms.” P’ark nodded, and they mounted their wolves.

“We thank you for your hospitality Ms…”

“Magdalene, Mother Magdalene.”

“Ms. Magdalene.” P’ark said, and the group was off.

H’olm Vote

A.) Take another downtime. The humans are a days march away as long as they’re on foot (Cobbolds can walk this distance in half a day or if they full on sprint, can reach there in a couple of hours.) There’s a chance you could spend more time to prepare for the next siege, as long as no-one else is in the area to attack you. You have parlayed with the Orcs, and they are agreeable to helping you, you just have to hammer out the details of the deal in this next Horde Vote Phase. You will be at a disadvantage if the humans reach you during your down time.

B.) Siege the humans, you can together gather up all of your forces and march on the humans. This will start a strategy phase, in which you divide your forces and try your best to burn their lovely horrific little town to the ground. The humans will be at a disadvantage if you meet them on their way to your camp, but your traps won't help

C.) Prepare defences, you take watch and instead of taking down time to improve the warren and heal, you work together to create a slew of defenses so that if the humans do siege with you, they’ll walk into a pile of traps and creations. This will also start a strategy phase. You can take another crack at Mother Magdalene’s home, cast another ritual, or possibly find new strategies

AJ_Impy posted:

D: Split into two shifts, one on uptime activities, one on downtime activities.

E.) This could be a cunning plan, or maybe just a clarification on rules. Whatever it is, if it changes or is something instead of the first 3, it’ll go here.

Current Advisors:
P’ark, leader of a mercenary band of Orcs. Clever, strong, and seemingly kind to cobbolds. +25 to combat actions

Ceres, a lesser demon summoned by the Cobbolds. Snarky, Arcane, and willing to help teach the Cobbolds new possible magics. +25 to magic actions

Mother Magdalene, a witch of the forest, and one to feed, house, and cloth the Cobbold’s of H’olm. +25 to magic, +25 to combat, +15 to rituals, +10 to all downtime activities

Don’t forget what you’ve done so far! posted:

New Siege Stratagem: More Traps? Too many traps maybe.
New 1x Bonus “+200 poisoned claws” Can use one time during a combat
New Siege Stratagem “Sabotage the Supplies”
Orcs Help +15d100 Can use one time on a single stratagem
Permanent +5 to all healing checks, thanks to Hyde keeping the place tidy.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 18, 2020

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Name: Carrick
Memory: Audacity (Recharge)
Satiation: 13 > 14
Bile: 1
Bonuses: Hospital +1

Hmm. A new approach was needed. The warren had to be improved, but they could not risk being taken by surprise by the humans. So, the audacious step was to do both: Split into two shifts, one on uptime, one on downtime, half the Cobbolds to secure the Warren, the other half to expand it.

D: Split into two shifts, one on uptime activities, one on downtime activities.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 18, 2020

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Boba Pearl posted:

“Why would I be mad, this is what I’ve been waiting for. Cobbold’s, full and brave, filled with initiative and actually doing things besides hiding in a hole waiting for me to dump food. Ceres you should know by now what this means for me. For us.”

“They’re not particularly bright,” he said, gesturing at Yip and Babbold who was trying to heal Vek by… Jamming satiation down his throat, Vek did not seem pleased with the particular treatment course chosen.

“They don’t have to be, they just need to have a drive to do something. Let’s go meet our guests.”

Aww...even after inadvertently hurting her, she loves us for what we are: dumb as rocks, both figuratively and literally.

Brocola
Satiation: 1 -> 2
Memory: Specialized Soapmaking Science

C. The humans are getting close, and why waste all those lovely traps?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Name: Amelie
Memory: Yellow Journalism (CD)
HP 3/5
Satiation: 11 > 12
Bile: 2
Notes: +1 Ritual Room use
Items: Bear Claw+1

Every good Journalist knows you don't let stories come to you. You go out and get the story. This analogizes well to combat too, Amelie bet.

B

Slaan fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 19, 2020

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Yip

Satiation: 11->12

Even Yip knew that you could only hide for so long before it didn't really count as hiding any more. You also had to hide FROM something, otherwise what were you doing with your life?
Thus, when the ballot-bag rolled by his hiding place, he voted to C: take the fight to the hunams.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Babold
Memory: Charging
Satiation: 11 -> 12

Yet again temptation reared its beautiful v-formation head, but Babold had said it before and he'd say it again.

"SHYARGE FROM AMBUSH!"

C

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Hyde

Memory: Organization
Satiation: 11 -> 12

"We need to go out and fight the enemy! We're ready and healthy. We can do this!"

Voting for B.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
By the way, anyone between now and the next vote, can spend 1 satiation to heal Vek of 1 damage.

#39 get's a permanent +5 in the hospital. Carrick, Radican, and Yip get a permanent +1 to checks in the hospital

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 18, 2020

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Boba Pearl posted:

By the way, anyone between now and the next vote, can spend 2 satiation to heal Vek. of 1 damage You can break it into two payments of 1 satiation split between two people if you want.

You also get a +5 always for healing checks thanks to Hyde's clean-up roll.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

Name: Chungus
Memory: Lifting
Satiation: 4 > 5

"WHAT'S THIS? We are considering going on the defensive and letting the Humans come to us?"

"Why yes we could do that... But why don't we got slap them and take all their stuff, the longer we wait the more time they shall prepare if they catch wind of what we are doing here!"

Voting B

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Memory: Metalworking(cooldown)
Satiation: 7>8

Syd stares blankly at some of the others. "Why would we want to challenge the humans in front of our traps? That's dumb. Even Babold thinks we should stay put and defend ourselves!"

Voting for C - Prepare Defenses. Might as well make use of our traps.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Cobbold #39 posted:

Face: A2

HP----------= 4/5
Satiation-= 08 > 09
Bile---------= 00 > 01
Memories--:

-Furious Trance [Charging!][Ready to go!] [Being used this turn!]
--"...Focus. Aim. Strike. Repeat. Again. Again. You are angry at me, yes? Good. Take your anger, aim, strike."
-- *crack*
--"There. Progress. The world is full of horrors, and there are far worse things you will face out there than my training. Now keep your anger heated and practice on the air while someone finds you a replacement dummy."

Special:
-Stars Swarming Heaven: [1] Free reroll, declare usage up front.
--"Courtesy of a certain mission to decommission. Good results not guaranteed."

-Devil's Luck: [1] Free(?) 1d8, some strings attached.
--"Courtesy of a certain mission to decommission. Somehow you know using this will come back to haunt you."

-+5 To Hospital Actions.

C. "We've prepared defenses and the humans have to be on their way by now. It's time to make any final preperations for the fight ahead."

@ Ceres: "You must have missed me before, so I'll ask you again. Do you think you could possess one of these vacant-"
#39 taps on the head of a nearby drooling cobbold.
"- cobbolds? I'm sure if they ever come to their senses afterwards any temporary posession won't have lingering consequences for them."

------
#39 looked towards the other cobbolds.
Sure, a great many of them had recovered enough memory to be full-fledged Cobbolds, but these clods are only good at following.
Didn't Magdalene mention something about that?

Pfeh, #39 could worry about it later.
For now, #39 was going to see if they could at least be trained.
How so?
Well, #39's memory is a bit hazy, something about the hospital needing one more unit of satiation kept gnawing every time they tried to think about it.
But from what they could remember, 'training' involved picking up a big stick and hitting straw dummies.
...Which while cobbolds weren't straw, a number of them could be considered dummies.
It would take some doing, but getting them to spar and practice fighting would be a good start.

They didn't strictly need a room for this, but setting up a training room would mean cobbolds practicing their fighting abilities wouldn't get in the way of the rest of the cobbold pack. Perhaps the advisors would have some suggestions on what such a room would entail?...

#39 Proposes plans for a training room are made; somewhere cobbolds can practice their fighting ability with other cobbolds.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Name: Sproggle
Memory: Painting
Satiation: 9->10
Bile: 4->5
Affinities: Ritual Room +5

"No."

"Yes-yes!"

"No."

"But-but--"

"No, I will not let you paint me to look like a lovely cat."

"Come on, Liv, I think it looks good!"

"What is cat?"

"A cat's a--you have to know what a cat is, you painted Leif like one! Badly!"

Sproggle clicked angrily.

"That is not a cat, that is pattern for protecting, shielding, defending! Using power of colors!"

"The power of nonsense"

"You are protecting warren! Important that you are protected for protecting warren!"

"Liv, he's not going to give up on this until he gets his way. Just go with it so he's not going to end up getting squished trying to paint you in the middle of the night. We can't really afford to lose the work."

"...Fine. But this better not be some stupid cat face."

"No-no, yes-yes! Sproggle has many patterns. If you are not wanting protection, I am using different pattern. Last of blue woading, for strength! Red for speed! Swiftness for victory! And black for power, for tying colors, keeping separate and strong."

"Just get it over with."

C

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Cobb
Memory: Cobbling
Satiation: 7 -> 8

Astus posted:

Memory: Metalworking(cooldown)
Satiation: 7>8

Syd stares blankly at some of the others. "Why would we want to challenge the humans in front of our traps? That's dumb. Even Babold thinks we should stay put and defend ourselves!"

Voting for C - Prepare Defenses. Might as well make use of our traps.

As soon as Syd sits down, Cobb stands up and adds his voice to the voting discussion.

“Cobb agrees with Syd!” C.

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jul 19, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Vek
Health: 3 -> 4/5 HP
Memory: Trapping (cooling), When I killed my neighbor's wife (ready)
Items: Pitchfork (+1)
Satiation: 13 -> 14
Bile: 2 -> 1 -> 2

One of P'ark's lieutenants, Liv, had tossed Vek a haunch of curious meat from the orcs' food stores, and Vek - being both hungry and not wanting to be a rude host - tucked right in.

The bird-beaked Cobbold took the meat and some Bile and went out to the woods by himself to eat.

Something strange happened as Vek ate the bizarre flesh. Vek was suddenly overcome with the powers of his Memory, but something was distinctly different.

The jokey story Vek had told the orcs just moments before - the one about his neighbor's wife stuck in a bear trap - it wasn't just a joke. It was real... only... it was from back in the before-times, long before Vek ever became a Cobbold and shed his old name.

His mind swam as details of his Memory came flooding into his mind from the contact with the elfmeat. A bear had been getting into his locked work shed and destroying all the furs, so he'd set up a trap laced with poisons to knock the bear out so he could finish it off when it came back next time. In the middle of the night, he'd been roused by a horrible noise of something large growling and moaning in anguish. He'd grabbed his crossbow and fired it upon the rabid creature when it charged at him. What he hadn't expected was that - once he'd gotten a torch and investigated the scene of his with the rest of his curious neighborhood - he hadn't shot and killed a bear, he'd shot a neighbor's wife who'd been turned into a roaring maniac by a poisoned bear trap.

According to the town council, the woman had been caught in the middle of trying to destroy his pelts, and so they had declined to sentence human-Vek to exile, but he was ostracized by most of the civil townspeople afterward anyway. It was partially due to this perceived ostracization by his neighbors that human-Vek was out in the wilderness during the Blood Moon in the first place.

Vek stuffed his gob with meat and Bile and pondered the meaning of all this.

When another Cobbold came by and asked Vek what he thought the Cobbolds should do about about the inbound humans, Vek said that they had to have faith in Hol'm's traps - and that if they didn't, they should build more!

> Spending 1 Bile to Heal Vek 1 HP
> Voting C

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Arcanuse posted:

@ Ceres: "You must have missed me before, so I'll ask you again. Do you think you could possess one of these vacant-"
#39 taps on the head of a nearby drooling cobbold.
"- cobbolds? I'm sure if they ever come to their senses afterwards any temporary possession won't have lingering consequences for them."

"I could, the faceless are all basically empty vessels. The thing is why would I want to be a gross cobbold, when there's full faced Cobbolds, bodies of Orcs, Men in the forests, and even sweet Mother Magdalene. If I was a bit more powerful, I could rip through the enemy, feel their blood drip from my claws, or finger nails, or whatever you gross meat sacks have."

Mother Magdalene entered the room, "We don't let him do that, he has a problem controlling himself when he gets around... Body chemistry. I bound his ability to possess others years ago, after one too many rituals being postponed by his love for pipe-leaf."

Ceres growled, "If you didn't want people smoking it, why were you growing it?!"

Mother Magdalene scoffed and rolled her yes, "It's medicinal. You’re supposed to cook it into a paste and eat it with tea or pastries."

Ceres snickered, "Right medicinal hyper-leaf, for when you really really really need to start a nosebleed right this instant. You know, for easy blood letting. Keeping your humors in line, too much red bile."

Mother Magdalene grabbed her staff and struck him with it, "Don't teach the Cobbolds things, they aren't ready for that kind of information."

“Hey they summoned me Explicitly to teach them things they’re not ready for.” Ceres started to mock sniffle and dabbed at his eye as though he had been crying, “Poor Cobbolds, being sent to die in a war they didn’t ask for, before even getting to taste pipe-leaf.”

Do not.” Mother Magdalene said shaking her walking stick at him threateningly.

“You can’t stop me” Ceres responded, he pulled on his eye and stuck out his tongue.

Do not take anything he gives you.” Mother Magdalene said to the cobbolds sternly, leaving the room back for the hospital.

Ceres slammed the door to the hospital with a wicked grin, “You might need an extra boost during the next fight, so ignore goody-goody two shoes mom, and listen to me. Things start to look a little… Grim in the next battle, you start chewing on some of this” He handed out little sachets of crushed herbs to the cobbolds, “I wouldn’t take it at the beginning, when you start to come down off of these, you’re gonna be less than useless.”

New 1x Bonus posted:

Hyper Leaf - Cobbold Stimulant, gives +75 bonus on first roll, and a -50 malus on the next 2 after that each Cobbold chooses when they take the stimulant. Each Cobbold has one use.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Faust
Satiation: 9 > 10
Bile: 2 > 3
Memories: Occultism (cooldown)
HP 5/5
Bonuses:
+5 to Ritual Room
1x Legacy Reroll
1x Hyper Leaf

"A scarlet drop upon an infinite void is our Mother Moon."

"So must we emulate our parentage."

"Let us be unencroachable, infinite, indestructable."

"Let us pool the blood of these humans in a pool during the darkest night."

"A paultry imitation."

"But one that shall suffice."

Voting C

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Yip's eyes grew wide, and then wider still, as the lesser demon Ceres passed around the Hyperleaf to the gathered, innocent Cobbolds.
Coughing up bile, Yip took a handful of leaf and stuffed into a tiny satchel that quickly disappeared amongst the spikes and fur and odd-angles of the stealthy, cowardly creature.

Ceres couldn't help but think he might have made a mistake.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Tine
Hp: 4/5 ; Satiation: 9>10 ; Bile: 1 ; Memories: Leather-working(cooling)

Vote C

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Walsh

HP: 5/5 Memory: Carving Satiation: 3 -> 4 Bile: 1

Walsh walked around their fortifications, such as they were, and shook his head quietly. "We should keep building ourselves up." And without another word, he got to work carving some of the more slipshod lumberworks into such that their pieces fit together seamlessly, grumbling under his breath.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It was dawn but it was hard to tell in the darkness of the forest. The canopy was so thick that no light touched down to the ground. The air was crisp and clear, and there was a down wind from the mountains and the farmstead. In the early morning the Cobbolds could smell man flesh miles away. The faceless started to salivate and uneasily pace around the camp as the smell approached. Their hunger clear on their face, there was a loud crack, and a sharp blast of light lit up the forest for just a moment, the light of it spreading shadows on the walls behind them. “It begins,” Ceres said quietly, “Watch the master at work,” he said, turning to Carrick, Faust, and Vek, and some of the other faced Cobbolds, “This is her specialty.”

“Everything you made will end up broken.” There was a clear voice that seemed to reverberate between every tree, the voice carried on the breeze, and it reached the cobbolds who were entrenching themselves for the upcoming battle. “Turn over the witch, her magics are useless to you. The forest has been purified all around you. You must have noticed when you tried to cast your spell last time” Ceres looked concerned at Mother Magdalene who gave a slight nod, “Don’t worry… Oh don’t worry.” She reached down and petted Yip gently behind the ear. “I won’t be using any magic this battle anyways, you’ve proven yourselves strong enough to handle it on your own.” She pointed at one of the faceless, “Run and get the Orcs.”

Mother Magdalene put a finger to her mouth and croaked loudly, “You will die for your arrogance, and your false sense of immunity. You had the forest purified the last time you came, and then what happened? Scores of men died to purple fog, their bodies turned into sustenance for my children. Your cleric so bombastic with her claims, fled leaving the rest of you to fend for yourself. So here is my counter offer, give us the cleric, tear down your charms, and I will not turn you into one of my precious children. You will be allowed to return to your homes, there will be no war.”

“The might of the king stands behind me witch, do you plan to take all of Phoenicia. Just you and a handful of imps.” Mother Magdalene smiled widely, they don’t know about the orcs.

“No dear, but this has been my land since time immemorial. I have hunted in these forests, helped my share of farmers with their paltry problems, don’t forget before the church came it was I who healed you, ungrateful bastards. When the church had deemed this farmstead too far to be worth protecting, it was I who used magic to keep your livestock in place. Your families fed, and protected your worthless hides from the vicious claws of the night. If you raise arms against me I will consider our compact done, and there will be nothing to protect you from the harsh darkness. Go home Cleric, your gods have no place here. This is the land of moon and darkness, and you have no idea what the forest has in store for you.”

“This farmstead is precious to Phoenicia, every citizen no matter how far or how destitute deserves our protection, I will not turn my backs on these people.” The Cleric was angry, and her voice sounded as though it had been bitten through gritted teeth.

“Oh yes, so precious you left it alone, sent these poor settler too far beyond your reach, to try and farm land next to a witch, and a dark forest that steals their children, kills their livestock, and poisons their crops, all while making them pay tribute after tribute to the king. You have never cared for these people as I have. Besides, what crime have I committed? You come in the dark of night to burn my home, but don’t even tell me, a citizen of the king myself, what exactly my transgressions were.”

“Don’t be an idiot, dark magic is forbidden by Phoeni-” The Cleric was cut-off

“I did not commit any dark magics in Phoenicia, it is in fact why I moved to this forest which belongs to the elves of forest home, if it belongs to anyone at all.”

“You poisoned the minds o-” The cleric yelled.

“I merely offered the people help, in a time of concern and need.”

“You stole their souls to lengthen your own life.” The cleric screamed in retort. There was a loud bang as she struck a tree with her mace.

“Those were given willingly. Such was the price they were willing to pay, it is not my fault that your religion did not teach them the worth of such things. A fool is to deal with a witch and try to cheat her. So I say my deal still stands, when things are looking at their darkest, when your men have fallen, your bones have been blackened, and all of you are looking upon the absolute savagery of the forest. Give me the Cleric, and all will be forgiven. Well mostly...” She snickered darkly, and her laughter echoed unnaturally long among the trees. “These are my lands, I have claimed them in the name of H’olm. And if you’re not careful they will consume you. Your candle is nothing against the dark. And to those traders who met you along the way, they will not be spared. Unless they leave, right now.”

There was a roar from all around the forest as man charged, and then those screams turned to agony as all around different traps started to spring. There was the clanging of metal, the sproing of springs, and thuds as logs and pitfalls met with bruised pulped flesh. The smell of blood started to spread through the forest, and all of the cobbolds started to chitter Their voices echoing in the darkness.

Stratagems - Round 1

Don’t forget what you’ve done so far! posted:

New 1x Bonus “+200 poisoned claws” Can use one time on a single stratagem. Done with majority vote (If 1 person votes to use it, and no-one says no, it gets used.)
Orcs Help +15d100 Can use one time on a single stratagem Even if it would pass the hard cap for that stratagem. Done with majority vote (If 1 person votes to use it, and no-one says no, it gets used.)
Permanent +5 to all healing checks, thanks to Hyde keeping the place tidy.

• [Follow the trader’s scent, and sabotage the Supplies Difficulty 5 +50 -50] (Subtracts from Stand Strong if Successful) Threat 1

• More Traps? Too many traps maybe Difficulty 1 -25 (Subtracts from Stand Strong if Successful)

• Flank them in the forest Difficulty 5 +100-50 (Subtracts from Stand Strong if Successful) Threat 3

• [Assassinate the Cleric Difficulty 10 + 500 -50] (Subtracts from Stand Strong if Successful) Lethal 2 Threat 5 Multiple

• >>>Stand strong! Difficulty 35 - 1,000 -50 (Traps) Threat 5 Faceless Lethal 1 Mandatory Repeating.

Rituals:

• Sow Chaos - Ceres uses your worship and goes out and causes a panic among creatures and beings in the forest - Difficulty 6 -65 Satiation 6 (Adds specials stratagems to the next round. Special/Bonus Stratagems are easier, and more rewarding then normal Stratagems)

• Summon a fog - Difficulty 3 -65 Satiation 5 (adds +100 to combat encounters in the fog.)

• Cobbold’s Blessing - (+10 to all actions until the next Downtime) Difficulty 3 -65 Satiation 7 Threat 3

Current Advisors: Advisor Bonuses have already been applied to the above.
P’ark, leader of a mercenary band of Orcs. Clever, strong, and seemingly kind to cobbolds. +25 to combat actions

Ceres, a lesser demon summoned by the Cobbolds. Snarky, Arcane, and willing to help teach the Cobbolds new possible magics. +25 to magic actions

Mother Magdalene, a witch of the forest, and one to feed, house, and cloth the Cobbold’s of H’olm. +25 to magic, +25 to combat, +15 to rituals, +10 to all downtime activities

New Tag Faceless Lethal - Faceless lethal is like regular lethal, except it kills faceless lessening your over-all power, while not killing Full Faced Cobbolds.

New Tag >>> … Mandatory - Mandatory actions will happen no matter what. If it has a lethal tag, and no full faced Cobbolds attempted it, it will kill Faceless instead, threat kills faceless Cobbold’s if no full faced Cobbold’s take the action, threat damage will only be applied to full faced cobbolds. 1 Player Character, and 6 faceless means the 1 player character will take 5 damage, and the faceless will not die. Alternatively, no player character and 6 faceless, means that 6 faceless will die.

New Tag Repeating - Repeating actions are actions that will definitely show up in the next round. Not every stratagem will be guaranteed to show up in every round, but Rituals, and Repeating stratagems are guaranteed to show up again each round, every round.

New Tag Multiple Tags with multiple will take multiple attempts to succeed, succeeding at it once makes it easier next time, it will also provide a little bit of a reward, with a larger reward at the end which will be marked with END. Attempting a multiple action does not lock you into to that action, if you attempt a Multiple Action, you will still be free to do something else the next round.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 23, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Everyone has one of these.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 22, 2020

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Name: Amelie
Memory: Yellow Journalism (Using)
HP 3/5
Satiation: 12 > 13 > 10 (-3 for ritual)
Bile: 2 > 3
Notes: +1 Ritual Room use
Items: Bear Claw+1

Hoohoo, Amelie ran to the presses. This was her favorite sort of reporting: War reporting! She needed to make a new edition immediately.

No, not AN edition, two new editions! One for the cobbolds, showing how glorious their present and future would be, and another propaganda leaflet to disperse amongst the hideous, unmutated humans to scare them into laying down to die, be eaten and/or turn into a masterwork of Mother's grace, a cobbold like Amelie herself. Sowing chaos throughout the human ranks would be so fun and is exactly what her pen-claw was made for!

Sow Chaos, Journalism, satiation, bear claw, ritual room bonus: 1d100+10+10+1+1 62

3 satiation to Sow Chaos ritual

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Walsh

HP: 5/5 Memory: Carving Satiation: 4 -> 5 Bile: 1

Walsh considered their options, but one thing was clear: the Cleric had to die. He sharpened his Scythe, carved the haft with good luck charms, and went to his bloody work.

[Assassinate the Cleric Difficulty 10 + 500 -50] (Subtracts from Stand Strong if Successful) Lethal 2 Threat 5: 1d100+10+4+1 64

Also, voting to use 1x Bonus “+200 poisoned claws” on stratagem "Assassinate the Cleric"

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Yip

Satiation: 12-13

Was it time? It was time! Time for hiding the body, yesyes, time for hiding it forever!!

Little yip took his hyper leaf and ripped it apart with his beak, letting the fragrant fragile foliage fragments rain down into his throat. Within seconds, Yip was a vibrating blur, his already diminutive form blurring at the edges, to the point where it was hard to keep track where he was even when he wasn't hiding.

With a tiny yelp, the little cobbold vanished, heading off to bury its claws deep into the Clerics neck.

Hiding to sneak attack the Cleric: 1d100+12+75 = 181