Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Name: Syd
HP: 5/5
Face: B5
Body Type: Male
Memory: Metalworking (Using)
Satiation: 0 > 1

Syd rubbed his beady eyes and groggily got out of bed. Enemies? Well, he'd already made some bear traps earlier just in case they were attacked, so doesn't that count as helping out with defending the Warren? So it'll be fine if he just stands at the back and occasionally yells out some encouragement to the others, right?

Trust that the make-shift bear traps will do their job: 1d100+10 41

Astus fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Face: B5
Body Type: Male
Memory: Metalworking (on cooldown)
Satiation: 1>2>0 [Workshop cost]

Syd groans as he realize he needs to do the tedious work of reseting all of his traps, and replacing the ones that broke because some dumb villager stepped on it too hard. "Maybe some day I'll figure out how to make a trap that can move into position and arm itself on its own. Sounds like magic though, which is a bit too much effort for me..."

Well, maybe one of the villagers dropped something useful when they ran away? Oh, that thing over there looked nice...

Scouting while replacing traps: 1d100 97

Once Syd got back to the Warren, he heard his fellow crafter Tine ask for assistance.

WereGoat posted:

"This wouldn't have happened if we had some nice hume-skin armour, we need a workshop!

Expand the Warren (Workshop): 1d100 34+1=35

"If People help me on this, I'll contribute 3 satiation of the 5 needed, we'll be done in no time."

"It's about time we finally get some proper tools to work with around here! Anyone who still has some sense inside their heads had better help us out with this, unless you like being naked, unarmed, and living in a hole in the ground with a flimsy wooden door for protection." Syd side-eyed Babold and Basher.

Help build the Workshop: 1d100 50
Spending both of my Satiation points to finish covering the cost of the Workshop.

Astus fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jul 3, 2020

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Memory: Metalworking
Satiation: 5
Bile: 0

The Workshop Disaster was a bit frustrating, especially since the Orcs seemed to be low on tools. It would've been a great trading opportunity if they had offered to repair or replace any of the Orcs' broken tools for other supplies. Regardless, right now they had a Human problem to worry about.

"As much as I'd like to finally get that drat Workshop up and running, the Humans probably won't give us enough time to make use of it. We need to focus on our defenses while we can."

Voting for C

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Memory: Metalworking(Using)
Satiation: 5>6

It seems the others were excited at the idea of summoning a demon to protect Hol'm. That seemed...incredibly dangerous to Syd, but whatever. Not like he'd be in the ritual room if things went wrong. In fact, maybe it'd be a good idea to just not be near Hol'm when the demon gets summoned.

"Okay, I'm going to head out to talk with the Orcs, for personal safety reasons and also because I actually know where they are. The Orcs have poor quality tools and lack the ability to mend or replace them, so I figure that's what we'll offer them in exchange for whatever help they can provide. We don't have a functional workshop yet, but they don't know that, so don't tell them. Anyone who can convince the Orcs you know how to help them with their broken tools, or else is just a good swindler, are welcome to join me."

Parley with the Orcs, using Metalworking to promise to mend/replace their tools: 1d100+15 51

Astus fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 8, 2020

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Memory: Metalworking(Using)
Satiation: 6>7

Syd really wanted to finally, finally get a proper workshop set up, but they didn't know when the villagers would attack, and sending in Orcs unarmed and unarmored would probably end any potential relationship with the Orcs. The least he could do was to patch up and mend their armor with whatever spare metal bits they had laying around.

But man, Syd was going to be very annoyed if this resulted in yet another failure at setting up the workshop...

Help fix the Orcs' armor: 1d100+16 54

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Memory: Metalworking(cooldown)
Satiation: 7>8

Syd stares blankly at some of the others. "Why would we want to challenge the humans in front of our traps? That's dumb. Even Babold thinks we should stay put and defend ourselves!"

Voting for C - Prepare Defenses. Might as well make use of our traps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Memory: Metalworking(cooldown?)
Satiation: 8>9

Syd volunteered to help with sabotaging the supplies carried by the traders, both to vent his frustrations about the Workshop fiasco, and also to see if maybe he could steal some junk from the humans. More metal scraps would be very handy for replacing traps, or perhaps he could use them to make weapons and armor for the other Cobbolds. You know, once he has a functioning Workshop.

It'd also be funny to see how the humans react after he stole all the metal bits in their wagons.

Sabotage the Supplies: 1d100+8 65