Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Name: Sadie
HP: 5/5
Face: A7
Body Type: Female
Memory: Recklessness (Using)
Satiation: 0 > 2

Even before I became a monster, I wasn't exactly happy. I don't know what it was, but I attracted bad luck like flowers do bees. Eventually after enough things go wrong, I just stopped worrying about stopping it. So I just kind of embraced life in my own way, I got real numb to risks, and did a lot of stupid things. I'm not saying I jumped into any meat grinders, but I did get into a fair share of scraps a smart person wouldn't.

Becoming a Cobbold wasn't too bad for me, unlike some people. I mean, I had to run away from a horrible place that hated me, but what's different about that? Honestly, Magdalene and the rest of the Warren are the closest thing I had to family in a long time. I mean, I'm in constant pain from having my spines hit my ears and what not, but it's still probably a better life than before? Maybe? Yeah. I wasn't fooling myself either.

Still, it's the best thing I've got. So when Magdalene calls on me, I just ball my fists as best I can, to put my spikes out as I stand behind the gate, and wait for the first attackers to come to me. Tears run down as I stab myself in doing that.

Throwing myself into the line: 1d100+10 82

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

HP: 5/5
Body Type: Female
Memory: Recklessness
Satiation: 2 > 4

I protected one of my siblings - I mean, fellow Cobbolds. I'm definitely not weird enough to call everyone my sibling. That would be weird and strange of me. No one's wounded that I can see, so when Mot- I mean, Magdalene got back to her hut, I had to be a little annoyed at the food disappearing. I mean, I would definitely not eat people, that would be horrible of me. But it would be nice to feed the others, if they wanted it. I definitely didn't want to be able to settle in and do nothing for a few hours but stare at a wall after that combat, while eating the people we killed.

Scouting: 1d100 43

I managed to find a little food, but more than that, I found the people who attacked us. I wasn't angry, exactly. I mean, I was a monster, of course I deserved death. But they did try to hurt us, so why wouldn't I try to hurt them? With my arms full of tasty treats to take home with everyone, I tried to climb through the bushes and pounce the wounded remnants, in hopes of killing them before they can get to their village.

Mother I crave violence (Attack the remnants): 1d100 3

As usual, everything was going wrong from the second I tried to jump out and fell flat on my face. Why do I try to do anything?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

HP: 4/5
Satiation: 4 > 9 > 10
Bile: 0 > 1

Ow, ow ow. I limp back to town after that disastrous attempt at battle and I'm not even feeling angry at the self righteous idiot 'protecting' those attempted murderers. I'm just lamenting that once again something went wrong for me. Why would some super powered idiot show up just to help them? Obviously it was my bad luck, and it screwed over everyone else this time too.

Everyone else was much more competent at everything than I was, so I hesitated at first before trying to claim equipment. But maybe if I took a hoe, I'd be able to be helpful to someone? Maybe I just needed change?

And maybe I just wanted something to call my own. Either way I tried to lay claim to my hoe.

Claim hoe: 1d100 86

As for my opinions on the plans? C seemed to be the best move, I mean, we're hated and going to be attacked and now they have a super powered weirdo on their side, so we better at least prepare for that.

And a tribute to our fallen comrade:

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 7, 2020

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Satiation: 10 > 11
Bile: 1 > 2(?)

Some people were heading to the ritual room, which would almost assuredly blow up and hurt everyone if I helped, some people were talking all about their cool trades they did and how it would get orcs to be our allies or something, and I'd surely offend them by using the wrong fork at dinner - or maybe by using a fork at all? There was Magdalene who needed to be watched over but clearly my bad luck shouldn't be anywhere near her when she's recovering. And the perimeter, well I could watch the perimeter, but whether I'd still get up to sound an alarm was a question. Sometimes I just get lost in the haze when I start staring somewhere.

So obviously the very best choice, most likely to injure me and least likely to hurt my family - I mean, friends, was to go out into the fields where traps belonged, and get to work on replacing the tripped traps and installing new ones. How, you might ask, did I expect to be able to figure out what traps were still active and not? Why, I had a hoe for a reason. So I simply went to the trap fields, and I started hoeing the best I could. I never knew it could be so relaxing to hoe, as I dug into the dirt, half sprung traps exploding in front of me. I was placing my traps just a little deeper using the lines from the hoing, because I thought it might trick them more! Or maybe the traps would stop working. Probably the latter.

I saw Vek setting up traps, and expertly moving around the ones still placed, while my hoe got stuck in its third bear trap of the day. He was so good at setting traps, I got a little discouraged. But I still waved at him because it would be rude not to, "Hope I'm not making a mess of your traps. Don't worry, I'll set 'em back up. And I'll make sure I'm the only one who gets hurt if it goes wrong." Ha. Ha. Ha. I forced a laugh. That was a joke after all. I totally wouldn't choose to do something that gets me hurt without caring.

Recklessly place my traps all over: 1d100+10+10+1 101

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Satiation: 11 > 12
Bile: 2 > 3

For once, I was feeling a little good about things. I mean, I managed to lay out traps, and Vek, the actual trap guy, thought I was doing an alright job. That's pretty good. That's better than I'd done in a long time. It was nice to know nothing went wrong. Things were chaotic now, so less things going wrong was bad.

At first, I didn't really have any opinions when the Hol'm residents were asking what we wanted to do with our times. But my mind kept going to Magdalene and I was getting worried about her health, so I actually forced myself to speak up. "G...guys... I think we uh. I think we should take some time, and expand Hol'm." But war was coming, obviously, I felt dumb as I tried to talk to a few people, "I-I mean, I really think we should uhm. We should make a hospital for Magdalene. I mean. And for the rest of us, in case more people get hurt."

I hated being the center of attention in a social situation. "I mean, Magdalene used her magic to protect us, and now she's collapsed. W...we should be helping her... A hospital w-will probably be good for that...?"

In case it's not clear, I'm voting A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Memory: Recklessness (Recharge)
Satiation: 12 > 13
Bile: 3 > 4

I argued for this choice, so of course I had to go help with it. I was afraid I might break things, so I kept to the small tasks when clearing the area for the hospital. Except first I knocked over a pile of rocks that was supposed to be the start of a wall? And then I stumbled into the wood being used and broke a piece. And then I started coughing and everyone looked at me like I was getting infectious disease all over our hospital? Or maybe I just imagined them looking at me.

I ended up just standing there for awhile, until someone looked like they needed help. Surely I couldn't gently caress up carrying a heavy thing and following someone's lead? Except I could. Because I kept bumping into things we walked past, or not noticing they were stopping and ramming it into people. Or other stupid things. Yay for me. They probably would have been better off with anyone else?

Maybe I should have helped with healing, but I see others moving to play nurse and I bet I would have killed someone if I tried to help them.

Build that hospital: 1d100+12 49