Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
O
HO
N
im more into the miniature buildings than the trains actually
this thread is a trainwreck OP!!! :D
Friendly Pocket Watch Wearin' Goku Conductor
View Results

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

do you have a wife who gets her "beauty sleep" with a cucumber mask and hair rollers and who owns a rolling pin? that's part of the Model Train Lifestyle

i used to have a big sheet of wood in my bedroom with HO scale stuff on it because i was a spoiled only child, i think i enjoyed constructing the buildings more than the actual trains though, like the little faller fairground attractions with motors inside. i even had a tax office that was on fire, with flickering lights and a small bath of oil fed by an electrified wire that would produce smoke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Rutibex posted:

my grandfather build and played with a large elaborate model train set. it was in a private room in the basement and when he died we found his stash of whiskey bottles. he mostly used the train set as an excuse to avoid grandma and drink whiskey alone in his room

did he mutter "choo choo bitch" to himself as he drank whiskey

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i bought a-train pc classic in the steam sale

my wife has a funny way of introducing me to people: "this is my husband, he likes videogames and dinosaurs and trains"

i don't even like dinosaurs and trains that much

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

isnt there also something called Z gauge which is really tiny?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i was never a train guy who was into switches and stuff. i didnt care about the actual rails except insofar as they are what lets the train go choo choo through a tunnel. i liked crashing my high speed expensive TGV into a playmobil figurine tied to the rails and id laugh like a deranged gremlin

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

my model train set was also just extremely ghetto and i hung a not-to-scale B52 bomber by revell over my quaint german town, which also had one of those elephant robots from star wars walking around the streets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Captain Rufus posted:

I'd only make trains if I could have my sweet Transformers set again. That thing owned.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Electric_Train_and_Battle_Set

this reminds me of a cool train i had: it had a normal looking track but it was magnetized, so you could make it go on a ramp up against the wall, make it do a half circle and back down again. it was a model train that could go vertical