Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whos worse
george bush jr
trump
obama
View Results

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Would trump dodge the shoe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Or would Trump have made Bin Laden so unimportant that nobody would have given a poo poo about Obama killing Bin Laden?

Trick question, nobody gave a poo poo about Obama killing Bin Laden.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Would trump dodge the shoe?

we just went over this. we wouldn’t have been in iraq

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Would trump accomplish the mission?

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Xaris posted:

dubya and this isnt even a question and anyone who thinks trumo is worse is a loving lib. close thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i remember the biggest drama of the bush admin before 9/11 being about steel tariffs and that missing intern for gary condit, chandra levy

1995-2001 was an incredibly boring time for politics, it was essentially one long monica lewinsky joke

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Trump is doing everything in his power to accelerate the demise of the Amerikkklan empire and is therefore less bad than dubya.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

fart simpson posted:

if trump won in 2000 we wouldn’t have gone into iraq

I’ll tell you one thing, Trump didn’t do 9/11.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
bush probably killed more people (so far) but I'm pretty sure trump ruined whatever slim chance there may have been for me to have kids who grew up in a world where they didn't starve to death so I have to pick the latter unfortunately

the revisionist succ fawning over the dubya years is disgusting however

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Depends on how many human lives a norm is worth, OP.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

bush probably killed more people (so far) but I'm pretty sure trump ruined whatever slim chance there may have been for me to have kids who grew up in a world where they didn't starve to death so I have to pick the latter unfortunately

the revisionist succ fawning over the dubya years is disgusting however

Capitalism ruined that chance. Policy-wise Trump is just bog-standard republican, the only thing he does that other presidents didn't/wouldn't do is shitpost on twitter.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm of the opinion that Trump is one of the better American presidents in modern history because he's too incompetent to get as many horrible things done, as opposed to the psychopaths like Obama who can do most of the same poo poo that he does except they don't say the quiet part out loud so the liberals never notice it.

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Uhh that would have happened even if Clinton won or if Obama got a third term or if Kucinich won the primary and then Clinton died of pneumonia in October and he somehow won.

Classon Ave. Robot has issued a correction as of 09:58 on Jun 30, 2020

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

i say swears online posted:

i remember the biggest drama of the bush admin before 9/11 being about steel tariffs and that missing intern for gary condit, chandra levy

1995-2001 was an incredibly boring time for politics, it was essentially one long monica lewinsky joke

yeah that part where he literally stole the 2000 election was a real snoozefest

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

they're both p bad op

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Trump. The 2008 financial crisis was a wet fart compared to the depression going on right now.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Chuka Umana posted:

Trump. The 2008 financial crisis was a wet fart compared to the depression going on right now.

But the response has been virtually identical to Obama's in 2008.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

Stringent posted:

But the response has been virtually identical to Obama's in 2008.

Obama wasn't President in 2008?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

trump personally bioengineered coronavirus to wipe out the american economy

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Chuka Umana posted:

Obama wasn't President in 2008?

point stands

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

trump thus far is less worse than obama and bush jr. iraq, afghanistan, and libya are some of the worst crimes of the modern US empire, and they were accomplished in the first term.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

carter is arguably worse than trump. trump is continuing obama's genocide in yemen, but the concentrated bloodshed in east timor carter militarily supported probably had far higher concentrated bloodshed

clinton is arguably worse than trump. the iraqi sanctions alone may have killed over a million people. clinton supplied more arms to turkey to ethnically cleanse kurds within nato borders than the amount of arms turkey received from the US in the entire preceding cold war period.

edit: fixed typo

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 13:03 on Jun 30, 2020

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

gwb is obviously the worst how is there even debate?

trump decided not to attack iran based on the us military's estimates of iranian civilian deaths, can anyone itf actually imagine gwb or obama giving a single gently caress about another country's civilian deaths?

plus this is underappreciated and hella true:

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

I'm of the opinion that Trump is one of the better American presidents in modern history because he's too incompetent to get as many horrible things done, as opposed to the psychopaths like Obama who can do most of the same poo poo that he does except they don't say the quiet part out loud so the liberals never notice it.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

comedyblissoption posted:

carter is arguably worse than trump. trump is continuing obama's genocide in yemen, but the concentrated bloodshed in east timor carter militarily supported probably had far higher concentrated bloodshed

clinton is arguably worse than trump. the iraqi sanctions alone may have killed over a million people. clinton supplied more arms to turkey to ethnically cleanse turks within nato borders than the amount of arms turkey received from the US in the entire preceding cold war period.

Don't forget NAFTA and the crime bills. There's a strong case to be made for Clinton being an even worse president than Reagan domestically.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also roni could kill 2 million people in the US by the end of the year and obama's libya or bush's iraq/afghanistan are still far worse crimes

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

also getting your own people killed by massively bungling domestic handling of a pandemic is nowhere near the scale of crime as invading and killing people or militarily supporting a genocide

roni could kill 2 million people in the US by the end of the year and obama's libya or bush's iraq/afghanistan are far worse crimes

You would think this would be too obvious to be worth stating, yet here we are.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

also roni could kill 2 million people in the US by the end of the year and obama's libya or bush's iraq/afghanistan are still far worse crimes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Stringent posted:

yeah that part where he literally stole the 2000 election was a real snoozefest

a nonideological fight between two neoliberal parties? edge of my seat

(i still have a newspaper i saved from mid-november then, the ads are cute)

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

i say swears online posted:

a nonideological fight between two neoliberal parties? edge of my seat

(i still have a newspaper i saved from mid-november then, the ads are cute)

i admit gore sucked, but calling that nonideological is throwing the baby out with the bathwater

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The engineered famine could kill a hundred million

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hillary clinton

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Bush is good now because Obama said so. Close thread, thanks for posting.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

hillary clinton

:hai:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Chuka Umana posted:

honestly I don’t think any mainstream R or D would have handled the situation any better

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Xaris posted:

dubya and this isnt even a question and anyone who thinks trumo is worse is a loving lib. close thread

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Stringent posted:

Don't forget NAFTA and the crime bills. There's a strong case to be made for Clinton being an even worse president than Reagan domestically.

You know what yeah

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BeefThief posted:

up until this year the answer was definitely george bush although with 130-190k dead americans (and counting) i think trumpy boi gets the belt or ring or whatever

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's real close. bush did far more damage over the long term but holy poo poo trump and moreover his admin really hosed poo poo up bad w/covid so i think you have blame the whole group really

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

obama was really bad, and up until this year trump was basically just carrying over most of the poo poo with the obviously hosed up policies like travel bans and the wall, etc., but for most of americans their lives were just as lovely from 2017 up until 2020 as they were during 2008-2016

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

in summary, presidents are a land of contrasts, but all of those contrasts are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm clearly swimming against the current here, but i'm gonna say that the president who doesn't give a single poo poo about the country and only cares about enriching himself and gaining unearned adulation is the worse president, even if he hasn't killed as many people as of yet

the president who is incapable of even understanding domestic or foreign policy is the worse president

the president who is deliberately and openly destroying what's left of american democratic institutions is the worse president

the president who takes foreign orders is the worse president