Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whos worse
george bush jr
trump
obama
View Results

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

the issue with libya is that it seems to have been forced by sarkozy when he was horrified that gadaffi would air some dirty laundry, so obama sort of went along with it rather than create it from basically nothing like bush did in iraq
obama isnt going to let you smell his feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

obama's casus belli for the libyan war was just as ridiculous as the pretext for the iraq war and the aftermath of the libyan invasion resulted in a failed state even worse off than iraq

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah but the thing with iraq is that it came out of nowhere, it was an entirely proactive move by bush and his crew to create an invasion and occupation out of nothing - libya was in a real sense everybody reacting to events playing out on the ground and scrambling. sure obama wanted to get rid of gadaffi (i went to ineffectively protest against my country's involvement in libya which really was basically decided by five dudes texting each other and then presenting a fait accompli to parliament) but the guy who was really pushing western involvement was sarkozy - obama sort of came along for the ride out of opportunism and hawkishness. this, and obama's alliance with reactionary dictators helping snuff out the arab spring, is really bad poo poo, but it's a different beast to a totally unprovoked invasion of a basically functioning state in order to plunder their riches

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

yeah but the thing with iraq is that it came out of nowhere, it was an entirely proactive move by bush and his crew to create an invasion and occupation out of nothing - libya was in a real sense everybody reacting to events playing out on the ground and scrambling. sure obama wanted to get rid of gadaffi (i went to ineffectively protest against my country's involvement in libya which really was basically decided by five dudes texting each other and then presenting a fait accompli to parliament) but the guy who was really pushing western involvement was sarkozy - obama sort of came along for the ride out of opportunism and hawkishness. this, and obama's alliance with reactionary dictators helping snuff out the arab spring, is really bad poo poo, but it's a different beast to a totally unprovoked invasion of a basically functioning state in order to plunder their riches
obama bombing libya, an african nation with one of the continent's highest standards of living, for over 6 months on a fabricated casus belli into a failed state still wracked by civil war and open air slave markets is a greater sin than not prosecuting the bush administration for war crimes hth

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

V. Illych L. posted:

it's a proven fact that nobody in the west actually knew what was reall happening on the ground in libya and the whole op was the french and the brits taking the opportunity to engage in some good ol' imperialism. obama went along because he and the dems wanted to engage in some good ol' tough guy posturing because the liberal mind is diseased and murderous

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if john mccain (or even bush jr) did the exact same things that obama did in bombing libya, you probably would not be defending him in a similar way that you are downplaying obama's actions here

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Donald Trump is worse than George W. Bush

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wrongo

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

The Muppets On PCP posted:

meanwhile jon stewart and stephen colbert openly mocked gay and trans people

oh my god i forgot about this

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We've got four and a half more years of Trump lmao

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
If Bush was president during corona the stimulus checks would have been nonrefundable tax credits

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

shovelbum posted:

trump, from any perspective, this isn't even a question and that's really saying something because bush slaughtered millions of civilians and destabilized an entire region

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TrixRabbi posted:

Trump has also undone every single environmental regulation you can possibly imagine for no reason other than gently caress you.

lots of people apparently have no idea what was going on with the EPA under bush the lesser

quote:

Johnson's stance on this and other issues was criticized in an editorial by the scientific journal Nature, which claimed he acted with "reckless disregard for law, science or the agency's own rules — or, it seems, the anguished protests of his own subordinates."

On February 29, 2008, four labor unions representing 10.000 of the EPA's 17.000 employees (ca. 60%) published an open letter to Johnson, complaining that he had ignored the EPA's official Principles of Scientific Integrity in advancing Bush Administration positions on water fluoridation, pesticide regulation, mercury emissions, and greenhouse gas control.

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 20:14 on Jul 12, 2020

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
America cannot be at peace as long as Kissinger lives.

But Bush 2 was way worse than Trump.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think it's Bush 2, and by think I mean definitely know

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ogibWCNKI

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

hmmm. not sure i agree with this op

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

obviously W is worse than trump, the real question is HW worse than W?

i think that, upon reflection of his entire life's work that yes, HW's role in the intelligence community's take over might be worse than W mere implementation of his father's designs.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

P is obviously going to be the worse of the lot

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

The Muppets On PCP posted:

meanwhile jon stewart and stephen colbert openly mocked gay and trans people

whats this referring to

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Peanut President posted:

whats this referring to
Chelsea Manning I assume is one of them.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Peanut President posted:

whats this referring to

Colbert:

quote:

"Folks, it’s just like when someone lies to you. Technically, they’re telling you the truth as long as you never find out it was a lie."
[Text on screen] "Or Notice Her Adam’s Apple."

Stewart:

quote:

“Here’s a general rule of thumb I have: if you don’t know whether you’ve made a particular mistake more or less than 50 times, that’s not really a mistake. At that point, it’s something you do.
For instance, how many times have I accidentally picked up a tranny hooker at a truck-stop? I want to say it’s in the 50s, but it could be higher. I guess what I’m saying is I’m nearsighted?”

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
no checkbox poll, no goku option

what the gently caress, OP

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Trabisnikof posted:

Colbert:
Stewart:

me reading that poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE1HriDzlJs

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Reagan was worse than both combined.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

docbeard posted:

Reagan was worse than both combined.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Algund Eenboom posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Algund Eenboom posted:

explain your reasoning so we can berate you you stupid idiot

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Most of Trump's actual sins as President are sins of incompetence or neglect, though you can't really discount the deliberate malice of some members of his administration that sails under the radar because everyone's paying attention to "Oh god did he really pose with cans of beans". Bush was actively malicious and knew what he was doing and made sure we knew it too.

In terms of body count, Bush is the clear loser. In terms of overall lasting harm to the United States and its standing in the world, it's probably a wash, honestly.

Trump probably has the worst cabinet, though it's close.

Trump has been awful to live through but the Bush Administration was a loving banal nightmare if you were old enough to be aware of anything that was going on. He was every bit as spiteful and as stupid as Trump, though he was substantially more charming, and Cheney was a psychopath on a level that Pence can only dream of being.

Trump is worse at being President. W Bush was a worse President.

But nothing either of them have done would have been possible if not for the deeply evil groundwork laid by Nixon and Reagan. They're the granddaddy fiends of the current age.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

this is what liberals actually believe

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

docbeard posted:

But nothing either of them have done would have been possible if not for the deeply evil groundwork laid by Carter and Clinton. They're the granddaddy fiends of the current age.

Fixed that for you.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's bad presidents all the way down.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
You know that aphorism that those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it? If you think Trump is worth than Dubya it's talking about you

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

lol at all the smug idiots itt still arguing about which president is worse

loving wankers

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

John DiFool posted:

lol at all the smug idiots itt still arguing about which president is worse

loving wankers

lol british people

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

whos worse. pitt 1 or lord palmerston

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
*slams mug down*

pitt

the

elder

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
They both suck rear end, the US has barely survived the last 12ish years of Republican presidents.

I guess I would say that Bush was worse in terms of foreign policy and Trump is worse in terms of domestic policy, but only because those were respectively the more visible parts of their presidencies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

fart simpson posted:

explain your reasoning so we can berate you you stupid idiot

I think the guy who's said a variation of that a dozen times in the thread might be doing a bit.