Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

How incompetent should I be? I BOUGHT my way to this position folks and I expect to be RESPECTED!

Grey you might want to give a little more detail on the forces so we understand construction better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

what makes an infantry unit cost its cost for example, a breakdown in detail

Mostly because my math doesn't add up to the points cost doing by hand

Nm I think I got it

Cav:

12 points = size 3
12 points = morale 4
16 points = melee 8
4 points = heavy cav

44 total

Infantry is wrong though
12 for size
12 for morale
6 for melee 6
3 for gun 12" 3

Total is 33 not 36, maybe infantry has gun range 2?

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 30, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I propose to lead a single huge regiment of horsemen using our best weapons and men.

That is to say

16 points for size
20 for morale 2+
20 for melee 10
50 points for bolt action rifles 10
4 points for heavy cav

THEY WILL BE GODS ON THE BATTLEFIELD

ignore me being a skill 4 general for 40 points!

In more realistic terms I feel one elite unit of melee cav and two ranged scout units with more competent leadership will be a better overall mix.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

A more realistic cavalry unit

1x:
Huge = 16
3+ morale =16
Heavy = 4
Melee 10 =20

56 points for an elite force

2x

Huge =16
5+ morale =8
Melee 6 =12
12" carbines at 6 shooting = 6

for 42 points each for horse based scouts

Total of 140 points + general.

Likely will with experienced leadership be more points than the 187 average but then again, horsemen are the glorious representation of our nobles contribution to the battle.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I could use more morale for my scout cav. 8 points to get them to 4+

Though I will note our morale is kinda weak across the board on the infantry.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Our high command hasn't even posted in this thread.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I will command the Cav.

I would like to I guess have the heavy horse in a column, one unit of the light in a second column and the third unit advanced seperated into 4(3?) units to scout ahead of my force as we head for the river crossing. I would take the far left? deployment spot to do so.

Or is like being in the woods terrible for horsemans? if so I guess the far right deployment is best?

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 7, 2020

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

This is my proposed unit path for set up.

Commander will embed with the heavy unit to prepare for the GLORIOUS CHARGE. Heavy unit itself will stick behind the forested hill until we have a better grasp of our enemies path.

Light unit 1 will break into a skirmishing posture and take the top of the high hill to scout the land.

Light unit 2 will form up for best movement speed and come around the side of the hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think I will keep my orders as before

Cav will enter Road 4 with the heavy unit leading followed by the two scout units at 6 am

Heavy will continue down the road in ?column? or whichever is the best speed towards the village at the intersection of roads 3 and 4 and stay behind the cover of the trees and hills.

Light 1 will disperse into smaller units and head to the top of the hill to gain survey of the surrounding region for future plans.

Light two will head around the hill at best speed and take up position as was marked.

Commander will embed with the heavy cav.