Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Because the infantry is the backbone of the army I feel safe taking a unit of infantry, but we should get some force composition direction from our leader to keep in mind as well. So that being said I am happy to come back to this to help adapt it to the Army's needs.

Purple Viper Brigade (Infantry)

Commander 8 80pts.

3 x Center Line Infantry Company 96pts. (companies: Blade Laser Blazer)
Standard Size 12pts.
Armed with Smooth-bore Muskets (18")
Shooting skill of 3 6pts. (2x3)
Morale of 5+ 8pts. (I think I calculated this correctly, a check of 5+ is two steps at 4 points per step?)
Hand to Hand of 6 6pts.

For a cost of 32pts. per company.

Commander + 3 Center companies 176pts.

If there are spare points I wouldn't mind a company of rifles to act as dedicated skirmishers

1 x Light Infantry Company 30pts. (company: Phaser)
Small Size 8pts.
Armed with Rifled Muskets (24")
Shooting skill of 4 12pts. (4*3)
Morale of 5+ 8pts. (again assuming I scored this one properly)
Hand to Hand of 2 2pts.

For a cost of 30pts. per company.

If the points are there for my light company 206pts.

VendoViper fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Not a problem for me. Happy to command more companies.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
I assumed 6 was the maximum for hand to hand? If it isn't yes I would like my center companies to be made up of the burliest curs we can find. So with the extra points available it sounds like having a light company with rifles shouldn't be a problem.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
So I think there is a slight error in your total, AtomiKkrab (with 4+ morale on the regular cav) is 156 points, Artillery at 220 and 5x of my Infantry Battalion design is 1030 points. That has us at 1406 points, which is 18.8 points per infantry battalion to buff them up.

Bumping the moral of each center company to 4+ is an idea, that would be 12 of the 18.8 points per battalion.
Giving the light companies the special rule of Crack Shot letting them re-roll any failed shots would bring us to 15 of the 18.8 points per battalion.
Then bumping each center companies HtH up to 7 is another 3 points, getting us to 18pts.

Proposed Infantry Battalion

Commander 8 80pts.

3x Center Company

Size: Standard 12pts.
Morale of 4+ 12pts.
Hand to Hand of 7 7pts.

For a cost of 37pts. per company.

1 x Light Infantry Company 30pts.
Small Size 8pts.
Morale of 5+ 8pts.
Hand to Hand of 2 2pts.
Special: Crack Shot (re-roll failed shots) 3pts.
For a cost of 33pts. per company.

Battalion Cost: 224pts.

With 5 of these battalions, AtomikKrab's horse and sullat's guns we are at 1496 points. I recommend that either the heavy horse or one of the guns take a special rule or slight HtH bump to eat up the last 4 points.

[e]Obviously all of our infantry are able to form square.

VendoViper fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 3, 2020

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

Jesenjin posted:

I am all for default battalion.
Got too little time to fine tune my units (although I would have loved to get a small skrmish or dragoon unit with maximum weapons just to harras enemies from afar)

If you are interested and command approves, I could take a crack at designing you a more mobile element of dragoons to fit inside the points of one of the infantry brigades, however I would caution against taking out too much of our army's beef.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Artillery:

Commander: 8 (80 points)
4 batteries (35 each)
16 pts range
HtH: 1
Size: 4 (8 pts)
Morale: 6 (10 pts)

Total: 220

Unit: 2nd Redlands Light Artillery
Type: Artillery
Armament: 48"
Hand-to-Hand: 1
Shooting: 3-2-1
Morale: 6+
Stamina: 4
Special: Very

Cavalry
Commander 8 = 80

1x:
Huge = 16
3+ morale =16
Heavy = 4
Melee 10 =20

56 points for an elite force

2x:
Huge =16
5+ morale =8
Melee 6 =12
12" carbines at 6 shooting = 6

for 42 points each for horse based scouts

Total of 220 points + general.

Dragoons
Commander = 7
3x:
Size: Standard = 12
Morale: 5+ = 8
HtH 3 = 3
Shooting (24") 3+ = 12
Special: Marauder = 5

Total 190

Infantry
4x Battalions

Battalion:
Commander 8 80pts.

3x Center Company

Size: Standard 12pts.
Morale of 4+ 12pts.
Hand to Hand of 7 7pts.

For a cost of 37pts. per company.

1 x Light Infantry Company 30pts.
Small Size 8pts.
Morale of 5+ 8pts.
Hand to Hand of 2 2pts.
Special: Crack Shot (re-roll failed shots) 3pts.
For a cost of 33pts. per company.

Battalion Cost: 224pts.

Grand Total: 1526
Artillery: 220
Cav: 220
Dragoons: 190
Infantry: 896

Not sure where to cut the fat, but my guess is we drop a light company from one of the battalions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
I agree with the initial plan of action, and that we should make sure to hold the river crossing as an important strategic location. I look forward to pinning the enemy in the center, and with the help of our battery of cannon smashing those dirty blues into paste.

1st infantry brigade will march in column formation lead by the light company and followed by 1 2 and 3 center companies down the road towards the village in the center [the branch that bends slightly to the west from the start line].

1st brigade will deploy at the village with 1 company occupying the forest to the west of the village, 2 company occupying the village itself and 3 company occupying the woods to the east. Light company will deploy between 2 and 3 company.

The commander of 1st brigade will set up a command post in the Inn in town.

Until we have more information on the enemies disposition we will assume a defensive posture.