Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadgerRat
Mar 7, 2017
I think I selected in the original thread but I'm planning to be an infantry commander.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

BadgerRat posted:

I think I selected in the original thread but I'm planning to be an infantry commander.

Alright, do you wanna stat up your own forces?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Woop, almost missed the player thread.

Someone mentioned about taking a bit of infantry. I'll take on some scouting cavalry if I can snag a preference and it sounds like that is an open niche.
I'll need help sorting out the numbers though, that's still a bit opaque.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

koolkevz666 posted:

Be aware my cavalry units don't have the Heavy Cavalry rule but I could drop their hand to hand to 8 and pick up the Heavy Cavalry rule.

For clarification Grey what does the Heavy Cavalry special rule do?

It gives a pretty good bonus to charging or counter-charging. Very offensive focused rule.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Bacarruda posted:

The norm was usually to have the battery be all one type of gun or a mix of guns and howitzers. For example, many armies in the Napoleonic Wars had 6 identical guns and 2 howitzers in a battery. So you might have six 12-pounders and two 6-inch howitzers in a heavy hitting corps reserve battery.

Ok, I'm not sure how to build this in terms of the game, but this sounds good, if we can afford some 8 gun batteries. The only question then is horse or foot.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

El Spamo posted:

Woop, almost missed the player thread.

Someone mentioned about taking a bit of infantry. I'll take on some scouting cavalry if I can snag a preference and it sounds like that is an open niche.
I'll need help sorting out the numbers though, that's still a bit opaque.

I was actually hoping you'd be willing to take the bulk of our scouting cavalry as your brigade, so that works perfectly!

For units, a Tiny cavalry unit with 4+ morale and hand-to-hand of 6 would be 24 points. Or, if I understand the rules correctly, you could take a Standard-sized unit, which would be 8 more points but break down into 3 separate Tiny units to move about independently. This seems to me like it would be the better option since it would give you 3 times the units to move about and scout with for only 25% more points. If anyone can confirm this s how it works, that'd be great.

Shoeless fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 2, 2020

BadgerRat
Mar 7, 2017

Shoeless posted:

Alright, do you wanna stat up your own forces?

Well I did stat up an infantry brigade in an earlier post but was looking for feedback as to whether it was suitable.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

BadgerRat posted:

Well I did stat up an infantry brigade in an earlier post but was looking for feedback as to whether it was suitable.

Oh look, it turns out I can't read. Sorry about that! Uh, it looks okay to me, but I have no idea what I'm doing soooo... what do you think Baccaruda?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
120eme Brigade d'Infanterie de Pays Fictiff

General de Brigade Jean Valjean l'Heureux - Level 7 - 70 points

14eme Bataillon de Guerre - Infanterie de Ligne - 36 points - Standard size infantry battalion

Smoothbore Musket
HTH - 6
SH - 3
Morale - 4+ (3 levels)
Stam - 3

Special rules:
Form Square (Form Square when charged by cavalry)

25eme Bataillon de Guerre - Infanterie de Ligne - 36 points - Standard size infantry battalion

Smoothbore Musket
HTH- 6
SH -3
Morale - 4+ (3 levels)
Stam 3

Form Square (Form Square when Charged by cavalry)

12eme Bataillon de Guerre - Infanterie de Ligne - 36 points - Standard size infantry battalion

Smoothbore Musket
HTH -6
SH- 3
Morale - 4+ (3 levels)
Stam 3

Form Square (Forms Square when charged by cavalry)

33eme Bataillon de Guerre - Vieille Garde 'Les Grognards' - 41 Points -Old Guard Grenadiers Standard size

Smoothbore Musket
HTH - 7
SH - 3
Morale - 3+ (4 levels)
Stam 3

Form Square (Can form square/Forms square when charged by cavalry)
Elite 4+ (Overcome disorder at a roll of 4+)
Reliable (+1 Command)

42eme Bataillon de Guarre - Infanterie Legere - 30 Points - Voltigeurs small size

Rifled Muskets
HTH - 4
SH - 2
Morale - 4+ (3 levels)
Stam - 2

Sharpshooters (Re-roll one missed shot)
Skirmishers (Can enter skirmish formation)

Total - 249 Points.

Let me know how this brigade works out.

TLDR; 3 infantry battalions, 1 guard battalion, 1 rifle company. I can shave off an easy 10/20 points by adjusting Jean Valjean The Happy down a peg or two.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 2, 2020

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
How does morale work when pointing up? Does it start at 6+ and every 4 points means you down a number so from 6+ to 5+ for 4 points? Just I think I may have over priced my morale which could give me more points to spare?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

koolkevz666 posted:

How does morale work when pointing up? Does it start at 6+ and every 4 points means you down a number so from 6+ to 5+ for 4 points? Just I think I may have over priced my morale which could give me more points to spare?

Yes you're correct. You start at 6 which means when you roll for morale you only roll a 6 to succeed. Every step down is one level. So a morale of 3+ is 4 levels (3,4,5,6).

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Phi230 posted:

Yes you're correct. You start at 6 which means when you roll for morale you only roll a 6 to succeed. Every step down is one level. So a morale of 3+ is 4 levels (3,4,5,6).

And I priced my cavalry for 7 levels of morale so uh I think I have some points spare what's the lowest morale you can go to 1+?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

koolkevz666 posted:

And I priced my cavalry for 7 levels of morale so uh I think I have some points spare what's the lowest morale you can go to 1+?

Yes lowest is 1.

You should add some special rules - napoleonic stuff comes with special rules by default for free I think. Heavy Cavalry and Elite 4+ at least.

For the comedy option give one of your Heavy Cav units the Fanatic trait. It means you get reroll attacks during a charge and any unit you charge has to make a break roll. Meaning you can insta-destroy units if you're lucky.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

Phi230 posted:

Yes lowest is 1.

You should add some special rules - napoleonic stuff comes with special rules by default for free I think. Heavy Cavalry and Elite 4+ at least.

For the comedy option give one of your Heavy Cav units the Fanatic trait. It means you get reroll attacks during a charge and any unit you charge has to make a break roll. Meaning you can insta-destroy units if you're lucky.

Grey stated Heavy Cavalry would cost 4 points to be taken. Luckily with my slight over spending on morale I was able to keep my 1+ morale and have points left to buy the Heavy Cavalry rule, how do special rules work though do we have to pay points for them?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Shoeless posted:

I was actually hoping you'd be willing to take the bulk of our scouting cavalry as your brigade, so that works perfectly!

For units, a Tiny cavalry unit with 4+ morale and hand-to-hand of 6 would be 20 points. Or, if I understand the rules correctly, you could take a Standard-sized unit, which would be 8 more points but break down into 3 separate Tiny units to move about independently. This seems to me like it would be the better option since it would give you 3 times the units to move about and scout with for only 40% more points. If anyone can confirm this s how it works, that'd be great.

That sounds perfect. I'll put more thoughts in later, it's dinner time. I will do my best to scout and spot the opposing side.

What are fatigue rules like? Losing a unit to combat, or lose it to fatigue, but if it's the latter then the extra info may be worth it

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
So is there a resource people can use to help build their brigades without buying the gamebook?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Both of our infantry brigades so far (Phi230's 120th Brigade d'Infanterie BadgerRat's Definitely-Not-English Brigade) are mostly armed with smoothbore muskets. That's not in any way a problem, by the way.

However, it will make it harder to adopt the defensive strategy Shoeless is going for. If the other side has a decent number of rifles (which isn't unreasonable), they'll outrange us (24" vs. 18"), which will let them plink away at us and force us to advance, retreat, or get whittled away. Rifles also have defensive advantages. Infantry can move a max of 12" per move (assuming good dice rolls) and cavalry can move 18", so the 24" rifle range gives rifle-armed defenders more chances to whittle down the oncoming attackers and disorder or shake them. If an enemy gets disordered, they stop dead in their attacks, effictively preventing them from charging until they rally.

I don't think we need to give everyone a rifle, but something like a 1:1 or 2:1 rifle-smoothbore ratio would help us defensively.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
#for the record - heavy cav get +1D3 on a charge.

BadgerRat
Mar 7, 2017
I've frenched up this brigade, I'm afraid I'm not au fait with the special rules that are being mentioned;

5e Brigade d'Infanterie

Commander Jean-Louis Rosier - 80
30ème Régiment d'lnfanterie de Ligne - 37
51ème Régiment d'lnfanterie de Ligne - 37
4ème Battaillon Grenadiers à Pied - 54
3ème Compagnie d'Infanterie Légère (52e Régiment d'lnfanterie Légère) - 28

Total - 236

Régiment d'lnfanterie de Ligne;
Size - standard - 12
Weapon - smoothbore musket
Morale - 4 - 16
H2H - 3 - 3
Shooting - 3 - 6
Total - 37

Battaillon Grenadiers à Pied;
Size - standard - 12
Weapon - Rifled musket
Morale - 6 - 24
H2H - 6 - 6
Shooting - 4 - 12
Total - 54

Compagnie d'Infanterie Légère
Size - Tiny - 4
Weapon - Smoothbore musket
Morale - 3 - 12
H2H - 6 - 6
Shooting - 3 - 6
Total - 28

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Hippocrass posted:

So is there a resource people can use to help build their brigades without buying the gamebook?

Forgot to answer this earlier, but not that I can find - and as you can guess I'm loath to copy large sections from a rule book. I'm sure I or someone else can help if you give a vauge idea what your aiming for.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So what country are we? Or are we just making one up?

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
A francophone one, maybe a tiny little alpine kingdom about to shake up the world (not swiss).

Ah, found it, it's somewhere tucked between Spain and France. G--- something or other. Found a pic of the current ruler.

El Spamo fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jul 2, 2020

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

Hippocrass posted:

Just getting home from work.

How specifically should we build our artillery batteries. If I'm reading the thread right, we have two batteries claimed. I have some experience with John Tiller's Napoleon games, so that's really my frame of reference. Do we want a wide variety of range classes, or only a select few. One configuration I had played around with in my head at work was a 6 gun battery of 4 medium range (36's) guns fore anti-personnel fire and two longer range guns, preferably breech-loading if that's available, for more versatility, targeting back line or counter-battery operations. I don't know how feasible this is though.

Any thoughts from those more familiar with how the system works, or how batteries were actually set up in period?

Bacarruda posted:

The norm was usually to have the battery be all one type of gun or a mix of guns and howitzers. For example, many armies in the Napoleonic Wars had 6 identical guns and 2 howitzers in a battery. So you might have six 12-pounders and two 6-inch howitzers in a heavy hitting corps reserve battery.

Hippocrass posted:

Ok, I'm not sure how to build this in terms of the game, but this sounds good, if we can afford some 8 gun batteries. The only question then is horse or foot.

So using this template, we should be able to build our two batteries. I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest any specific guns, and have no Idea about levels or anything, but this seems like a good starting point.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Shoeless posted:

Okay, so lemme put things down that have been picked so far.

koolkevz666- Heavy cavalry brigade
Phi230- Infantry
Hippocrass- Artillery

Generation Internet's agreed to go for artillery as well.

That leaves Jimmy4400nav, BadgerRat, and El Spamo who I don't think I've seen post here yet. With that in mind I'd like if two of them accepted infantry commands and one scouting cavalry.

Sorry, was away for work for a couple days, working on my infantry command now.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I'm mostly waiting to see how our cost/composition totals are shaping up before committing to a battery.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Whats the point cost of stamina? Is it 1:1 like the H2h skill or does it scale up like the morale or size point costs.

I volunteer to take the level commander to get an extra couple points to work a slightly buffed Chasseur unit in my company.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Stamina correlates to unit size. 2 for small, 3 for standard, 4 for large. It is "free"

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
9 Touffe d'Infanterie

Commander: 4 [40]

Brigadier Colonel-Major Rafael Röquefört had a humble upbringing as the 8th son of a 15 children family, living in his family's quaint 57 room countryside manor. Making due with a mere three servants, he scrapped and worked around the estates working to simply be a humble taster of the provincial goods produced for his family. Hungry for adventure, he saved every bullion bar he worked hard to be given from his meager allowance to purchase a commission of command in the local battalions. His magnificent poise and presence will surly motivate his men to victory!

5th Braconniers Royaux
Type: Chasseur
Size: Small [8]
Stamina: 2
Morale: 3+ [16]
H2H: 3 [3]
Shooting: 6 (Bolt Action Rifles) [36]
Special Rules: Scout/Skirmishers
Total Points: 63

Due to a long standing technicality in the rules regarding hunting on royal lands, no-one legally was allowed to hunt in noble designated forests, regardless of their station. Not wishing to resort to consuming provincial meats, the nobility of quickly began to outfit illegal hunting units to scour the woods for the finest of creatures to consume. However, given the limited supply and the status of having their poachers bring in bracers of food, the hunters quickly began to skirmish with one another, which resulted in them being outfitted with better and better weapons to assist in their hunts.

33rd Royal Fusiliers Syrah, 33rd Royal Fusiliers Le-Blanc, 33rd Royal Fusiliers Grenache
Type: Line
Size: Standard [12]
Stamina 3
Morale 4+ [12]
Shooting: 3 (Smoothbore Musket) [6]
Special Rules: Form Square
Total: 99 [33 each]

The Merlot brothers wanted to command a glorious infantry company to earn glory for themselves and their family. However, each one wanted to have their own battalion to be the 33rd due it being their favorite numbers. Since no-one was willing to give up the number, their dream of a company died, and instead three 33rd Royal Fusilier companies emerged.

Total points [213]

I wanted to try and make just 2 line companies and have a 3rd be a melee only penitent battalion, but for stamina and morale it took too many points, and I didn't want to waste our precious points on a joke.

Jimmy4400nav fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 2, 2020

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy4400nav posted:

9 Touffe d'Infanterie

Commander: 4 [40]

Brigadier Colonel-Major Rafael Röquefört had a humble upbringing as the 8th son of a 15 children family, living in his family's quaint 57 room countryside manor. Making due with a mere three servants, he scrapped and worked around the estates working to simply be a humble taster of the provincial goods produced for his family. Hungry for adventure, he saved every bullion bar he worked hard to be given from his meager allowance to purchase a commission of command in the local battalions. His magnificent poise and presence will surly motivate his men to victory!

5th Braconniers Royaux
Type: Chasseur
Size: Small [8]
Stamina: 2
Morale: 4 [16]
Shooting: 6 (Bolt Action Rifles) [36]
Special Rules: Scout/Skirmishers
Total Points: 63

Due to a long standing technicality in the rules regarding hunting on royal lands, no-one legally was allowed to hunt in noble designated forests, regardless of their station. Not wishing to resort to consuming provincial meats, the nobility of quickly began to outfit illegal hunting units to scour the woods for the finest of creatures to consume. However, given the limited supply and the status of having their poachers bring in bracers of food, the hunters quickly began to skirmish with one another, which resulted in them being outfitted with better and better weapons to assist in their hunts.

33rd Royal Fusiliers Syrah, 33rd Royal Fusiliers Le-Blanc, 33rd Royal Fusiliers Grenache
Type: Line
Size: Standard [12]
Stamina 3
Morale 3 [12]
Shooting: 3 (Smoothbore Musket) [6]
Total: 99 [33 each]

The Merlot brothers wanted to command a glorious infantry company to earn glory for themselves and their family. However, each one wanted to have their own battalion to be the 33rd due it being their favorite numbers. Since no-one was willing to give up the number, their dream of a company died, and instead three 33rd Royal Fusilier companies emerged.

Total points [202]

I wanted to try and make just 2 line companies and have a 3rd be a melee only penitent battalion, but for stamina and morale it took too many points, and I didn't want to waste our precious points on a joke.

Good start but:

Your morale for the 33rd fusiliers should be 4+, and your morale for 5th Bracconiers should be 3+. Also, there isn't a Scout special rule. I would recommend Sharp-Shooter rule instead.

Also I would recommend ALL of our line infantry, division wide, have the Form Square special rule or else we are gonna get mulched by cavalry. I pray Redfor forgets this, and will be vulnerable to our heavy cavalry.

I'd also heavily remind our Heavy Cavalry commander to essentially use their cavalry like tanks - supported by infantry. Think of it more as combined arms, hammer and anvil style.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Also, in the event the enemy does bring Form Square infantry - this is to our advantage.

Our cavalry commanders can do false charges IIRC to force enemies to form square. The enemy then is extremely vulnerable to infantry attack. IF we stick to combined arms fighting this would be an excellent tactic.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Phi230 posted:

Good start but:

Your morale for the 33rd fusiliers should be 4+, and your morale for 5th Bracconiers should be 3+. Also, there isn't a Scout special rule. I would recommend Sharp-Shooter rule instead.

Also I would recommend ALL of our line infantry, division wide, have the Form Square special rule or else we are gonna get mulched by cavalry. I pray Redfor forgets this, and will be vulnerable to our heavy cavalry.

I'd also heavily remind our Heavy Cavalry commander to essentially use their cavalry like tanks - supported by infantry. Think of it more as combined arms, hammer and anvil style.

Edited my post, my point total went up to 213, so if you need me to shave off an extra ten, I can make my commander rank 3, it'd fit the character if nothing else.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Me: 8 (80)

Scout cavalry unit Alpha- 48
Size: Large (16)
Armament - Swords (are there options? costs?)
HtH - 8 (16)
Shooting - none
Morale - 3+ (16)
Stamina - 4
Special - TBD

Scout cavalry unit Beta- 48
HtH - 8 (16)
Shooting - none
Morale - 3+ (16)
Stamina - 4
Special - TBD

Total: 176

edit3: Getting there!
I have 24 points left to spend, I'll reserve that either for a commander bump, some stat bumps, special traits, or if all those are in good shape a buffer for others.

El Spamo fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 2, 2020

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Edited my post, my point total went up to 213, so if you need me to shave off an extra ten, I can make my commander rank 3, it'd fit the character if nothing else.

No you still misunderstand. 3 levels of morale, at 12 points, is a stat of 4+. 4 levels of morale, at 16 points, is a stat of 3+.

You also should really, really not take a rank 4 commander. On a 2d6 that means you will only be able to issue orders about less than 20% of the time.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Phi230 posted:

No you still misunderstand. 3 levels of morale, at 12 points, is a stat of 4+. 4 levels of morale, at 16 points, is a stat of 3+.

You also should really, really not take a rank 4 commander. On a 2d6 that means you will only be able to issue orders about less than 20% of the time.

Gotcha, fixed again.

I can try and bump my commander up a bit if we have spare points left in the budget.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm reading the scenario lists for Black Powder 2nd edition and French do get access to Mamelukes

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Phi230 posted:

I'm reading the scenario lists for Black Powder 2nd edition and French do get access to Mamelukes

Do camels realistically spook horses, and can we use this to our advantage?

El Spamo posted:

Me: 8 (80)

Scout cavalry unit - 48
HtH - 8 (16)
Shooting - none
Morale - 4+ (16)
Stamina - 4
Special - good eyes(is there any special TO take?)

That's 128 points, I think.

I have no idea if I did this right, there's been a couple of different posts about how to put points together so here's a try. I'm going to need someone to review it, I'm positive I missed a couple things.

edit: what's my point budget anyway? Should I have more than one unit?
edit2: Ok, I looked at some other folks' stuff and updated.

That looks good, everyone has 200 points so you could easily fit in another one of those scout cavalry units and have 24 points left over. You could use those either to boost your commander's score, upgrade your units, or leave it as extra wiggle room for other brigades that have gone over.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Again a morale of 4+ is only 12 points. A morale of 4+ is only 3 levels of morale. Your scout cavalry is wasting 4 points!

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Hm?
Sorry, the guides posted so far don't give any insight on how morale works, so assumed it starts at 0 and it's 4 points per level up from there. The fact that it's 4+ seems to mean that it's a roll-over vs. roll-under, but 'average' is 5+ so maybe it starts at 6 and goes down. That's if is it a d6 that is used for morale and it's a roll-over value kinda like how armor checks work in warhammer? But if 4+ morale is only three levels then that means that the lowest morale is either 7+ or (for a d6) "no" morale which means that the 6+ level isn't free.

In short, sure I'm wasting points but I don't know if putting them somewhere else is good, bad, or neutral. Do I want 4+? Should I adjust the value for points spent to be 3+/5+?

Also, Grey, can you update the first post with some of these clarifications? It's spread out all over the place.
Edit: Ok, Phi I found where you talked about morale. To reiterate though, ^^^

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

El Spamo posted:

Hm?
Sorry, the guides posted so far don't give any insight on how morale works, so assumed it starts at 0 and it's 4 points per level up from there. The fact that it's 4+ seems to mean that it's a roll-over vs. roll-under, but 'average' is 5+ so maybe it starts at 6 and goes down. That's if is it a d6 that is used for morale and it's a roll-over value kinda like how armor checks work in warhammer? But if 4+ morale is only three levels then that means that the lowest morale is either 7+ or (for a d6) "no" morale which means that the 6+ level isn't free.

In short, sure I'm wasting points but I don't know if putting them somewhere else is good, bad, or neutral. Do I want 4+? Should I adjust the value for points spent to be 3+/5+?

Also, Grey, can you update the first post with some of these clarifications? It's spread out all over the place.

Morale is our hit-save. When we take casualties, we roll morale to negate casualties. It is a roll-over with 1d6. So the worst value is 6, with the exception of a value of 0, which means no morale save is allowed at all. So realistically speaking we'll all wanna spend the base 4 points on getting 6 morale at the very least.

Average morale is 4+ meaning on a roll of 4, 5, or 6 we negate a hit.

You asked about special rules: I'll post some suggestions:

Superbly Drilled is a rule that lets your units move even if you failed a command roll. I think this is useful for scout cavalry.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
With that 16 points I'm quite tempted to make those cav scouts some real ice-cold motherfuckers with a 3+ morale.
Getting shot? Yeah so what we stick our dicks in hornet nests to train for this job. Jimmy knew the risks.