Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Out of curiosity, I searched my own Facebook messages for references to "virus", "corona", or "covid" from before the lockdowns started and it was obviously going to get bad. Here are some highlights, I feel like it makes an interesting personal timeline of the crisis escalating. What kind of messages did you write about the novel coronavirus before mid-March?

Jan 21: The Chinese virus is probably an animal virus that jumped to humanity, animal agriculture breeds tons of disease

Feb 28: poo poo is hosed
Not like civil war sideways. Definitely thousands of needless deaths sideways

Mar 6: We're currently asking if anyone involved with the sport has been exposed to coronavirus or is showing symptoms. We're going off of Health Canada's recommendations for events, which so far doesn't involve cancelling sports tournaments

Mar 11: The league is telling everyone not to share water bottles and not to put their mouthguard in their collar or bra strap. The buffet at Nationals will be replaced with individually wrapped food

Mar 12: Nationals have been cancelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU