Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Effectively yes. He tried coming back from hernia surgery instead of resting for 2 weeks and that apparently really did long lasting damage. Meltzer said he's not been doing well the last 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8g19YbAcCY

If you've ever seen early ECW (I'm talking before Paul E took over as booker from Eddie Gilbert) Terry Funk is absolutely the standout of their TV week after week. He's so funny, so charismatic, so drat likeable. And I've seen a lot less of his NWA stuff but you read about his run in the 70s as NWA World Champ, you see his promos from the 80s as a heel, you see him promising to end Flair's career, you see him telling Flair he doesn't want his belt or his money he wants to take Flair's pride, lying on the ground yelling "my eye" after having his own cheap trick come back to hit him in the face against Lawler in Memphis. Whatever he was doing Terry Funk was always someone you couldn't take your eyes away from.

Legitimately one of the best ever.