Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

spacing in vienna posted:

Except it seems like got off on a technicality .... Got off on a technicality.

Got off, mind telling us wtf?

do you think there would be a scum 1-shot lynchproof?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kashuno posted:

##vote Spoonsy

care to explain this?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sorry for my absence last game day, forgot this game had 2-day long days

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Exactly this.

Also cow went to Jose’s. Snitchin is bitchin!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Scum almost never has the ability to not die from being voted out because it’s incredibly broken, so I will not entertain the idea of voting GOoaT today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kashuno posted:

Scum almost never has the ability to not die from being voted out because it’s incredibly broken, so I will not entertain the idea of voting GOoaT today

I more or less agree with this.

Why Spoonsy tho?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

care to explain this?

Read my posts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

if you can't be bothered to sum up your own case on Spoonsy you're not even pretending to be persuasive!

(happy birthday!!)

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Sandwolf posted:

I've been one recently. So has John Cena

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

Yeah this has been going around as of late

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

I don't know. That seems overpowered. But there sure as hell could be a governor who commuted the lunch, or a third party with a one shot lunchproof. Or someone of any alignment who can't be lunched until/unless certain conditions are met. Why are you assuming with no other information that got off is necessarily town?

And if got off knew in advance that he had a shot of lunchproof, he should have warned us so we didn't waste our execution. Was he around while he was vote leader?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Hey Cow why did you visit me?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Without even asking him to explain?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoonsy posted:

Exactly this.

Wait were you watching Jose?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Wait were you watching Jose?

No I watched cow. Yes I know that’s what a tracker does. No it isn’t a standard tracker. I watch where someone goes on my big wall of screens because that’s what Sparks does best. Well that and make an assload of money.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jose Valasquez posted:

I don't know. That seems overpowered. But there sure as hell could be a governor who commuted the lunch, or a third party with a one shot lunchproof. Or someone of any alignment who can't be lunched until/unless certain conditions are met. Why are you assuming with no other information that got off is necessarily town?

And if got off knew in advance that he had a shot of lunchproof, he should have warned us so we didn't waste our execution. Was he around while he was vote leader?

all good points

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And yes I know this is a mix of roles but given that I’m lazy as gently caress, my roles lazy too.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Sorry, yesterday was a hell day from hell and I completely blanked on this game by evening.

My lack of familiarity with what counts as a strange role or not sure does make it hard for me to judge the townie-ness of a lunchproof.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GenericGirlName posted:

Sorry, yesterday was a hell day from hell and I completely blanked on this game by evening.

My lack of familiarity with what counts as a strange role or not sure does make it hard for me to judge the townie-ness of a lunchproof.

[unrelated mason chat] hope you are okay, Jedi hugs if you need them? [/umc]

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?

[unrelated mason chat] hope you are okay, Jedi hugs if you need them? [/umc]

[umc]thanks!! Yesterday was hell! I went into it a bit in the discord if ur curious. Ugghgghgggf[/umc]

On topic: gooat’s last post was about 2 hours before the lunch. I didn’t count posts/votes towards the deadline, but it didn’t feel like they purposefully bowed out of the convo to let the vote end on them.

Nerox made 1 post the previous game day, so that’s a clean night kill.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

:moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio::moonrio:

I think this might be the first time ever I've used an ability in mafia, so I am personally very gratified :)

I am one-shot vote-proof town, now simply VT. My flavor is a little unexpected: I am Master Shake, which apparently is related to Sealab in some way, and it gave me the (one-time) wherewithal to glitch the game. Having previously had no idea who or what Master Shake was, I did try to embody the narcissistic / impatient / ineffectual qualities of the character. Sandwolf I also am really very sorry, I did not mean it personally and hope you don't take it in that way :)

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

I am terribly sorry about this - I had a long drive through a national park with no reception and had planned to be able to post 20m prior to vote. However, we had hammered by then

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Interesting....interesting.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

Technically we weren't scum.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##vote Dead Cow

I only unvote in the event of Cow claiming.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Spoonsy posted:

Exactly this.

I need to confirm, you saw only Cow visit Jose?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You’re good, got off, I’m not offended.

I think got off is scum. He just claimed Master Shake. There was a lorecop. If someone else is a non-Sealab character and town please claim just that fact, no role related stuff.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

got off on a technicality posted:

I think this might be the first time ever I've used an ability in mafia, so I am personally very gratified :)

I am one-shot vote-proof town, now simply VT. My flavor is a little unexpected: I am Master Shake, which apparently is related to Sealab in some way, and it gave me the (one-time) wherewithal to glitch the game. Having previously had no idea who or what Master Shake was, I did try to embody the narcissistic / impatient / ineffectual qualities of the character. Sandwolf I also am really very sorry, I did not mean it personally and hope you don't take it in that way :)

At one point, one of the characters in Sealab (Murphy?) starts flipping channels and watches a few seconds each of a few different Adult Swim shows. One of the shows was Aqua Teen Hunger Force. So this makes sense.

Do you know why the flavor mentioned sandwolf, then? Was that your decision?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

I need to confirm, you saw only Cow visit Jose?

I was only looking for Cow so that’s all I saw

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t think the flavor mentioned me SiV I think they were just apologizing for the thing Andy pointed at.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

got off on a technicality posted:

I’m sorry but between the one shot lunchproof and being not from the show* (yes I know they were in an episode) this feels like a scum role. And as was pointed out by others, it feels like this is what a lore cop was for. Wouldn’t be surprised if there was Harvey Birdman or Home Movies at play as well since they round out the [adult swim] first four.

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Do you know why the flavor mentioned sandwolf, then? Was that your decision?
The flavor did not mention sandwolf

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JOHN CENA posted:

##vote Dead Cow

I only unvote in the event of Cow claiming.

I’d buy this. DC seems bad

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

JOHN CENA posted:

Interesting....interesting.

Did you target me N1? No hard feelings if you did

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I think JV is town and I wanted to protect him from the night kill

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dead Cow posted:

I think JV is town and I wanted to protect him from the night kill

I believe this

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Just reaching back since I never addressed this

JOHN CENA posted:

I'm lost on the context, who are you claiming is rolefishing and baiting here, me or sal? I don't see it happening in either of our posts
I was referring to Sal re: the whole bizzaro thing though I do now get what siv is saying per the below

Sal didn't do that, though. He claimed his own flavor to correct a common misconception that town has. Or if you're right that he's scum, he claimed his legit flavor as a pseudo-miller play. Neither move makes what he's doing role fishing.
This is obviously moot because I've full-claimed, but in general I don't like the idea of getting people to talk about their flavor early in the game. Then again I am completely out of touch with the meta

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CapnAndy posted:

In the broom closet, everyone was a little more tense.

Spoonsy was being particularly quiet. Every time someone else prodded him, he stirred awake to tell a joke, but over time it seemed like less and less people thought he was funny. There were starting to be grumbles that maybe he ought to be thrown to the zombies, but he plied the crowd with drugs and credit cards until they liked him again.

"What about gooat?", people said. "He's been extremely rude." He had been extremely rude, so with that they threw him out to the -----

--ghzzkgkgjk--

---- and gooat and Sandwolf embraced as dear friends, while the crew of Sealab danced merrily in the backdrop. Someone even did a sweet drop kick, just to show off their karate skills.

This is what I meant about flavor mentioning Sandwolf. I missed that it was probably a reference to them arguing earlier and then making up.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

GenericGirlName posted:

[umc]thanks!! Yesterday was hell! I went into it a bit in the discord if ur curious. Ugghgghgggf[/umc]

On topic: gooat’s last post was about 2 hours before the lunch. I didn’t count posts/votes towards the deadline, but it didn’t feel like they purposefully bowed out of the convo to let the vote end on them.

Nerox made 1 post the previous game day, so that’s a clean night kill.

[Umc] I haven't checked the discord in ages so I'll either page back and try to find it or just hit you up when this game is over [/umc]

I forgot that got off wasn't posting near deadline, and that we hammered early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

Did you target me N1? No hard feelings if you did

I'll come clean and admit, yes I did, and you know why. Interestingly, me coming to finish the job n2 is what made me extremely suspicious of Dead Cow.