Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Sandwolf posted:

are YOU saying you think nerox is scum? do YOU want JoseV to vote nerox?

No and no. I'd like JoseV to clarify his intentions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

Oh God deadline is in 3 hours?!

... Uh oh!

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Jose Valasquez posted:

Just dismissing stuff is wifom is the laziest thing in Mafia and I wish it would die.
It leads you down a path of infinite regress without any information to inform your reasoning, hence it's a waste of time to engage with

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

spacing in vienna posted:

Ok legit question. I don't know how to do this on mobile, and no one may care to put effort it, but: can we reconstruct what the votes were when?

I missed the crucial ten minutes at deadline when kashuno either was or wasn't viable, and a lot of the arguing today seems to be centered on that point.

T-16

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

DGK2000 (5): spacing in vienna, Retro Futurist, Jose Valasquez, GenericGirlName, DGK2000
Kashuno (2): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, nerox, DGK2000, JOHN CENA, DGK2000
Retro Futurist (1): Dead Cow, DGK2000, DGK2000
SalTheBard (1): Kashuno
Dead Cow (1): got off on a technicality, Kashuno, Kashuno
Spoonsy (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
spacing in vienna (0): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist
nerox (0): got off on a technicality, Dead Cow, got off on a technicality, Dead Cow
got off on a technicality (0): spacing in vienna, spacing in vienna
JOHN CENA (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Jose Valasquez (0): nerox, JOHN CENA, nerox, JOHN CENA

Not Voting (3): SalTheBard, Sandwolf, Spoonsy

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 08th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 16 minutes.
5-2

T-13

SalTheBard posted:

##vote Kashuno
5-3

T-12

Dead Cow posted:

I don’t want to no lunch today. I don’t like dgk as a vote but I detest self voting
##vote dgk2000
6-3

T-11

SalTheBard posted:

##vote DGK

I don't think this game is a lurk fest.
7-2 :redhammer:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is everyone seriously ignoring Spoonsy just not playing

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Not so wrong, it appears

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

got off on a technicality posted:

Not so wrong, it appears

Lmao

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Kashuno posted:

Is everyone seriously ignoring Spoonsy just not playing

Not Voting (7): GenericGirlName, Jose Valasquez, nerox, SalTheBard, Sandwolf, spacing in vienna, Spoonsy

There's quite a few who aren't

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I think the important thing here is that Sal was on Kash, so even with his vote Kash was only at 3 votes, 4 additional people would have needed to vote Kash. DGK had already self voted because he's lame and whiny.

Kash, got off, Sandwolf, Dead Cow, and Spoonsy were the votes not on Kash or DGK. Kash wasn't gonna vote for himself because he's not lame and whiny, so you need got off, Sand, DC, and Spoonsy to all show up and vote Kash in ~10 minutes (or 3 of them with DGK)

Seems pretty unlikely

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dead Cow posted:

Not Voting (7): GenericGirlName, Jose Valasquez, nerox, SalTheBard, Sandwolf, spacing in vienna, Spoonsy

Oh gently caress off, there is more to playing Mafia than dropping votes

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

You're not my Mafia dad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dead Cow posted:

are you kidding me

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Dead Cow posted:

The guy with the fewest posts in the game talkin about other people not playing :laffo:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
DC I don't even have two pages of posts but you can click the ? under my post to see why I would be highlighting Spoonsy not posting content

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
JoseV thank you for that.

I don't think getting up to -4 at ten minutes out is a strong argument for "viable" -- it was possible, but unlikely, and DC and Sal hopping on to hammer seems like they were trying to avoid a NL.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

have you ever wanted to vote for someone you think is town but is so dumb that their very existence in the game is probably harmful to town's chances

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

I don't see it. I don't see any reason scum Sal claims a Bizarro flavor if he doesn't actually have it. The only scum reason to claim it if he does have it would be to get out in front of a rolecop, and the rolecop has already flipped.

Also, Bizarro Quinn is a freak of nature hatched from an egg. If you still haven't seen the show:

bizarro they'll kill me

He actively kills off one of his own team members (Bizarro Sparks) completely by accident.

Yeah that is sort of where I'm at too. Bizzaro Quinn isn't actively evil compared to the other Bizzaros.

JoseV thank you for that.

I don't think getting up to -4 at ten minutes out is a strong argument for "viable" -- it was possible, but unlikely, and DC and Sal hopping on to hammer seems like they were trying to avoid a NL.

Also like I said I was focused on the Immunity challenge coming up in Awful Survivor so I wasn't really giving this my full attention. I think if I had been more focused here I would've realized that DGk was at -1 and not hammered.

BIZZARO I LOVE YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

JOHN CENA posted:

have you ever wanted to vote for someone you think is town but is so dumb that their very existence in the game is probably harmful to town's chances

Please don't vote for me :(

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Jose Valasquez posted:

The guy with the fewest posts in the game talkin about other people not playing :laffo:

Well excuse me for not posting a bunch of jokes posts during joke phase.

Kashuno posted:

DC I don't even have two pages of posts but you can click the ? under my post to see why I would be highlighting Spoonsy not posting content

You said Spoonsy's post said nothing. Then repeated the same point. You didn't even lay that out when you MADE the vote.

Nerox has about the same amount of game content as Spoonsy.

GGN has asked a question or two

Sandwolf literally hasn't voted all game

There's nothing wrong with me saying there's quite a few who aren't playing

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SalTheBard posted:

Yeah that is sort of where I'm at too. Bizzaro Quinn isn't actively evil compared to the other Bizzaros.

Also like I said I was focused on the Immunity challenge coming up in Awful Survivor so I wasn't really giving this my full attention. I think if I had been more focused here I would've realized that DGk was at -1 and not hammered.

BIZZARO I LOVE YOU

I don't think it's bad that you hammered. Ten minutes out isn't cutting off discussion.

YOU LIKEY LIKEY LIKEY

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JOHN CENA posted:

I have in fact considered this in the past. Usually less for stupidity and more "if this person doesn't stop tunneling we'll never actually get anywhere."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dead Cow posted:

Well excuse me for not posting a bunch of jokes posts during joke phase.

You said Spoonsy's post said nothing. Then repeated the same point. You didn't even lay that out when you MADE the vote.

Nerox has about the same amount of game content as Spoonsy.

GGN has asked a question or two

Sandwolf literally hasn't voted all game

There's nothing wrong with me saying there's quite a few who aren't playing

Yes I woudl agree that there are a few peoople not playing but that we shouldn't focus on them right now because lurker mechanics will take over and solve that problem for us.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Meanwhile 5 out of their 6 posts since saying they should actually play have been joke posts.

Oh wait here I'll update it. SEVEN OUT OF EIGHT and not a single solid read in any of them.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

Oh I was also thinking if maybe a massclaim would solve the game lol

Flipping back I don't like this post. The dead rolecop said flavor matters, and I'm inclined to trust him.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'd be cool with a got off launch

This smells like bad scum distancing from each other to me:

Nerox's post read like a throwaway joke to me

Your post on the other hand strikes me as scummy. It's your use of 'if... then...' and 'may'

##unvote
##vote Dead Cow

Dead Cow posted:

If I made that comment with certainty then y'all would be calling me scum for being too sure of myself.

And apparently other people thought the same thing.

Here's a comment with certainty: nope, unambiguous communication is a big plus :)

This is such a weird thing to say

Not great choices here but I'm ok with that

Does some Mafia Dad-ing

I don't see how discussing flavor in depth when we're early in the game and there's a massive information advantage to the scum team is helpful to us

Are you saying you think nerox is scum

Would you like to vote for nerox?

The awkward DC exchange early and this:

At this point I'm leaning Sandwolf and Sal. Not because of the hammer in Sal's case, but because both of their posts are curiously safe and neutral on D1. Then on D2 Sandwolf starts this pointless and distracting flavor convo and Sal jumps in so that it can meander all over the place and generate meaningless "content"

##vote sal
Are the only scum hunting he's done.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Flipping back I don't like this post. The dead rolecop said flavor matters, and I'm inclined to trust him.

I get what Sandwolf is saying here, there was a town flavor cop so knowing flavor is advantageous to the town in some way

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

At this point I'm leaning Sandwolf and Sal. Not because of the hammer in Sal's case, but because both of their posts are curiously safe and neutral on D1. Then on D2 Sandwolf starts this pointless and distracting flavor convo and Sal jumps in so that it can meander all over the place and generate meaningless "content"

##vote sal

Flipping back still: I get where got off was coming from here, but I think Sal's claim answered that pretty solidly. He wasn't openly speculating, he was trying to warn people not to take flavor as confirmation.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

SalTheBard posted:

Yes I woudl agree that there are a few peoople not playing but that we shouldn't focus on them right now because lurker mechanics will take over and solve that problem for us.

I don't know what makes Spoonsy more of a problem than the rest of these people, and I'd like if Kash explained it more than just saying the same over and over without explaining it. And I don't appreciate JV saying that it's laffo that I'm making a point about other people not playing when the reason I don't have as many posts as others is because I didn't spam a bunch of joke posts.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dead Cow posted:

I don't know what makes Spoonsy more of a problem than the rest of these people, and I'd like if Kash explained it more than just saying the same over and over without explaining it. And I don't appreciate JV saying that it's laffo that I'm making a point about other people not playing when the reason I don't have as many posts as others is because I didn't spam a bunch of joke posts.

The problem is Spoonsy said they should start reading the game and actually playing, and then all posts but one since that post have been shitposts.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Oh wait here I'll update it. SEVEN OUT OF EIGHT and not a single solid read in any of them.

Ok, that does explain it more

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

The problem is Spoonsy said they should start reading the game and actually playing, and then all posts but one since that post have been shitposts.

I'll be honest I'm actually sad that I've stopped poo poo posting. This is Sealab mafia, we're a bunch of dumbass failures, we should be arguing about robot wars while the station explodes.

... I recognize this is Unhelpful, yes

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
His heart is in the right place, but his head is up his (the actual quote doesn’t say rear end but we all know it’s rear end)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Are you saying you think nerox is scum

Would you like to vote for nerox?

Really not liking this. Half the reason JoseV drew that analogy was to show nerox was potentially being hypocritical. Then nerox responds, or doesn't. I don't think it's inherently scummy to call something out and not immediately vote.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress off shitbird

Okay yeah

##vote got off

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'd be cool with a got off launch

This smells like bad scum distancing from each other to me:

This is such a weird thing to say

Does some Mafia Dad-ing

The awkward DC exchange early and this:

Are the only scum hunting he's done.

Offing got off and we can all have X-ray vision with Cow?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The reasoning on the first bit is pure wifom. On the second why bother speculating about setup? This game has clearly been designed to be a bit non-standard. Maybe Sal is a third party. Who knows? It's simple enough to say that role fishing and baiting claims doesn't help town

Sal didn't do that, though. He claimed his own flavor to correct a common misconception that town has. Or if you're right that he's scum, he claimed his legit flavor as a pseudo-miller play. Neither move makes what he's doing role fishing.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Spoonsy posted:

Offing got off and we can all have X-ray vision with Cow?

Look I'm fine with you poo poo posting but if you're trying to indicate something about alignment here, it's not really working, is all.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Kashuno posted:

At this point I'm wondering if Spoonsy is actually a jester

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jose Valasquez posted:

At this point I'm wondering if Spoonsy is actually a jester

same but if there is a jester who's gonna just shitpost all game I'd rather it just be over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Valasquez posted:

I get what Sandwolf is saying here, there was a town flavor cop so knowing flavor is advantageous to the town in some way

Fair enough. I always worry about mass claiming too early, but there's probably a point at which it's a better idea than not.