Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Hello.

I would like to bring on an IK for DIY. Basically a probationary mod, to improve timezone coverage and have input into the running of the place from someone other than me. The role gives you mod buttons, but no access to reports or to the mod forums, and you don't get a blue star.

There's lots of DIY I don't spend much time in, so it'd be good to get ideas from the gamut.

If you would like to volunteer or recommend someone, please post and/or discuss it in this thread, or contact me privately (PM, discord, or jaded.burnout69@gmail.com).

Required:
- Level headed
- Interested in keeping DIY vibrant
- Not an rear end in a top hat
- DIY member in good standing

Not required (but also not forbidden):
- One of my posting mates
- Agrees with me on everything
- Sycophantic toady

Nobody will be made an IK without their enthusiastic consent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Platystemon posted:

I think I’ve seen two posts in DIY, in the last year and a half, that warranted and received moderator action, so I’m either reading the right threads or the wrong threads, depending on the perspective.

It's definitely going to be a light load, that's for sure, but moderation can be proactive too :)

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Rapulum_Dei posted:

You mean you missed the openscad wars in the 3d printing thread. That was a Bloodbath!

By DIY standards

I'm constantly amused and/or baffled at how the 3D printing thread is the second most contentious thread in here.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Gasmask posted:

I nominate Grover

you shut your goddamn mouth

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Interior Design almost certainly.

:hmmyes:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Some good volunteers and recs so far, keep 'em coming.

I'm going to say probs best if the person is away from GMT, just for coverage's sake.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Thanks for volunteering, nerds. I've submitted your names for security checks, ain't none of ya forum felons, are you?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

peanut posted:

I emptypost and one-word post very often but no mod has had the COURAGE to probate me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

As you may or may not have noticed, forums user corgski is now DIY's newest IK!

There were some great other candidates that we'll keep in our back pockets in case we need more help later, but corgski had multiple mods immediately calling them out as a good poster worthy of the position, so either they're a great fit for the role or they've been busy bribing folks.

Please welcome them to the cold, lonely, and impersonal world of 4th tier pseudo-authority!