Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Lookin out the window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

So if anyone isn't up on banana history before the 50s the kind of bananas imported were Gros Michel or "Big Mike". Then what's known as Panama Disease wiped them out, it's a fungal disease that rotted the plants from the inside out. Since bananas are all genetically identical they were almost entirely wiped out. The ones we get now are known as Cavendish and are immune to the disease so far.

The Gros Michel ones are supposed to taste like candy, literally. It's the artificial flavor in taffy, runts, etc if you ever wondered why those taste nothing like the Cavendish that we are used to.

I eat a lot of bananas, they are my favorite. Once I found out about the Gros Michel I had to try them. I found a place in Florida that grows them last year but they were out of season. Now they are so I ordered some and just got them today. They are still green and I'm dying for them to ripen. I got 10lbs of them and I'll share some of them to friends and family but I'll probably end up eating most of the 10lbs. I'm so excited.

Also started leash training the squeaker yesterday and she does pretty good! Getting the harness on was not as smooth but otherwise she took right to it. When the tail is up and s-shaped that's coati body language for being happy, she loves exploring outside so I try to walk her almost every day.

https://streamable.com/5gx1w1

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

I just ordered some Gros Michel bananas and some yellow dragonfruit, thanks for the heads up. The prices seemed really high until I realized they included shipping (but it's still a lot more money than getting local fruit). My wife goes through an insane amount of bananas, I hope these aren't TOO good or I'll be fearing for my bank account.

Nice! I want to try the dragonfruit sometime too. The shipping is free over $100 and it's super fast. I ordered them on Saturday they sent them on Tuesday and I got them this morning in CT. They have tons of fruits that I want to try along with all those other kinds of bananas. Next I'm going to get one of the variety boxes with all kinds of different fruits and sometime later in the year the same thing with the banana variety box when more of them are in season.

I'm afraid the same thing might happen as your wife if they are that good I'm going to go broke getting potassium poisoning. I also looked that up but you'd have to eat 43 bananas in a short time for that to happen

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

She's not quite at that level thankfully, but she likes to freeze them then blend them and it feels like I'm always picking up 3 bunches at the store

Hah sounds like me, I try to buy as many as I can before people ask questions. One time I was stocking up for a weekend trip and the lady behind me asked if I was making banana bread and I said no I just really like bananas. 3 is the max, 4 raises questions

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

A Small Car posted:

I'm so glad you posted this, I ordered some bananas from them yesterday to give these a whirl.

Right on, I'm glad a few of you are going to try them out as well. First thing I did this morning was check the box but they are still really green, I'm dying to try one but it might not be until next week

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Stormy likes to be eyeballs deep in my nose

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

She stole my airplane before I got to play with it

https://streamable.com/alir48

She just now started eating her kibble, I'm so happy. The formula and few fruits that she was eating weren't enough nutrition for her growing as fast as she is. She was also really hungry pretty soon after the bottle and the kibble should stick around longer. It's good stuff too only 6 ingredients

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Fuckin Geico, I have good credit, one speeding ticket in 24 years of driving that was 7 years ago and no at fault accidents and it still gets more expensive every 6 months. It's definitely time to shop around again.

I can't believe how fast baby is getting bigger, her head isn't too big for her body anymore. She's going to be not a baby anymore pretty soon

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Man I so wish I got better video of this cause it was funny as poo poo. I wanted to see if Stormy wanted to play with the water but instead she started getting angry at it and ran onto my shoulder to huff at it from there. It was so hard to video but that ripping canvas sound is her huffing at the water and I was trying so hard not to laugh

https://streamable.com/gjiy7n

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

A couple weeks ago there was a bad accident in town with ambulances and closed off roads so it was a bad one. Just found out it was 2 of the people that live in a house down the street that I mow. The guy died and his wife is still in the hospital. He was splitting lanes on his motorcycle going way too fast over a hill and a car on the other side that couldn't see pulled right out in front of them from a parking lot. Crazy how fast poo poo can go bad when you gently caress around, I feel so bad for his wife :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

I enjoy Hoovie bit also resent him for being such a huge dork and having more money than I'll ever make in my life

I used to watch him but he plays everything up way too much anymore and what used to be funny is stale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

I got called Dad a lot on Grindr so I deleted it cause ew weird and lol the new title that's legendary