Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

lmfaoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

I have my finger on the pulse of youth because I am a pediatric nurse and I'm sorry to say they are dying and only through the power of newspaper funny pages can they be revived. I volunteer my services.

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

lmao

City of Glompton

hello classicist i would like to participate please thank you

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

altered angles is about a man traveling the psychoverse, ever changing from the man who trips he's a cat and the cat who imagines he's a man

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

posting smiling

this strip is having difficulty finding papers that will run it, but i'm fighting for it in every meeting i'm in. i'm saying "find me a paper that will run owlhawk's strip or i walk."

posting smiling

the new rex morgan is doing big numbers in initial focus testing groups. audiences cited his no-nonsense approach to medicine as one appealing aspect of the strip, and further went on to say "in these trying times".

posting smiling

cda posted:

I didn't intend to sign up but sometimes fate has plans for us that we know not of, so hit me with one

it's ok. i'm not asking for a big commitment from you. i just need you to adopt a wayward strip. graft it into your life like a new organ in your body. live it, breathe it, and produce 7 strips a week for the next 40 years. until your sense of humor, your worldview, and every wry observation on every day life that you have ever had have been wrung out of you 3 times over, seeping into the american subconcious like ink on newsprint. and at the end of it the nation will hate you. they will throw you on the trash pile with garfield and cathy. unwanted and unappreciated and put out to pasture like the last schmuck who wrote this strip. and the strip is sky masters by dave wood and jack kirby.

posting smiling

Finger Prince posted:

I have my finger on the pulse of youth because I am a pediatric nurse and I'm sorry to say they are dying and only through the power of newspaper funny pages can they be revived. I volunteer my services.

your can-do attitude has earned you a crack at young hobby club by cappy dick. very little is known about this strip, so don't expect this to be an easy nut to crack.

posting smiling

syndication just called me out of bed at 3 am for an emergency meeting. they're pulling you off of backbench. they said "it was a mistake to put manifisto on backbench. he's a wildcard, and a provacateur." they are reassigning you to the home front by frank adams.

posting smiling

City of Glompton posted:

hello classicist i would like to participate please thank you

you have been giving the exciting opportunity to work with the drago ip from burne hogarth.

posting smiling

Heather Papps posted:

altered angles is about a man traveling the psychoverse, ever changing from the man who trips he's a cat and the cat who imagines he's a man

this new direction for the strip is resonating with a number of high-value demographics. the animated strips are more expensive to print, but syndication told me "if these analytics are accurate, we don't care what it costs to print the drat thing." lol they love analytics over in syndication.

google THIS

That which has been vamped, I offer to vamp again

posting smiling

google THIS posted:

That which has been vamped, I offer to vamp again

you're being tasked with sweeney & son by al posen.

posting smiling
i'm down at the presses this morning to see that the first batch of funnies comes out a-ok. the presses are really howling and comics are up up up. everyone here is in good spirits. even some of the newspaper accountants in the little green visors, who are usually posessed of such a cloudy disposition had a smile on their face this morning. hear that? it's print news starting to heal.

nut

posting smiling

lol

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
I'm both hip and cool and modern, down with the gen-xrs. give me something old and stale

posting smiling

Fredrik1 posted:

I'm both hip and cool and modern, down with the gen-xrs. give me something old and stale

please take good care of peaches, queen of the universe by sam hurt

posting smiling
thank you for the sticky. tell all your friends about the work we are doing here.

Manifisto

posting smiling posted:

i'm down at the presses this morning to see that the first batch of funnies comes out a-ok. the presses are really howling and comics are up up up. everyone here is in good spirits. even some of the newspaper accountants in the little green visors, who are usually posessed of such a cloudy disposition had a smile on their face this morning. hear that? it's print news starting to heal.

lol

posting smiling posted:

syndication just called me out of bed at 3 am for an emergency meeting.

serves them right. I mean, come on, canada? why bother? (happy canada day :canada:)

ty nesamdoom!

alexandriao

posting smiling posted:

how it works: post itt to receive your assignment. i will choose a random comic strip and link you the wikipedia article. using what you learn in the article, modernize the strip concept. post an example strip itt. if you need to do a multi part story you can post multiple strips as long as you remember that nobody likes it when comic strips do that. if you post your strip on sunday it has to be in color.

i wasnt aware this was a place for..... "yewth", but i guess so huh

im in!!!

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 1, 2020

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

posting smiling

alexandriao posted:

i wasnt aware this was a place for..... "yewth", but i guess so huh

im in!!!

see if you can come up with anything for mandrake the magician by lee falk.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

posting smiling posted:

this strip is having difficulty finding papers that will run it, but i'm fighting for it in every meeting i'm in. i'm saying "find me a paper that will run owlhawk's strip or i walk."

i appreciate that. i'm proud to be working with you to help rejuvenate the funny pages. should we cast a wide net (give me another comic) or really mine this vein (adopt 'the in kids', graft it into my life like a new organ in my body, live it, breathe it, produce 7 strips a week for the next 40 years until my sense of humor, my worldview, and every wry observation on every day life that i have ever had have been wrung out of me 3 times over)

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

posting smiling

orwell has been thoroughly lampooned. syndication approves!

posting smiling

owlhawk911 posted:

i appreciate that. i'm proud to be working with you to help rejuvenate the funny pages. should we cast a wide net (give me another comic) or really mine this vein (adopt 'the in kids', graft it into my life like a new organ in my body, live it, breathe it, produce 7 strips a week for the next 40 years until my sense of humor, my worldview, and every wry observation on every day life that i have ever had have been wrung out of me 3 times over)

the choice is yours. in one hand i am offering you the "in" kids and all the burden that its knowledge will entail. but you can still back out. in the other hand i am offering tom and jerry, a simple two dimensional comic strip about a cartoon cat. the choice is yours. (red pill blue pill situation)

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher

please assign me a job boss!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

posting smiling

vanisher posted:

please assign me a job boss!

your aptitudes make you a perfect fit for professor phumble by bill yates.

The Voice of Labor

yeah why not I can make an unfunny property unfunny

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:

I know it's not technically the correct comic but I think we can rebrand the eyebeam character

vanisher

All I could find were endless comics that made the same joke about how women were inferior what a wild ride

e: actually now I'm going to rewrite one completely so it makes it seem the opposite

vanisher fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 1, 2020

google THIS

Guys I think I messed up I did the wrong strip by the same cartoonist and I'm not sure if this is the correct youth angle I forgot the assignment I'm sorry I hosed up

...or did I?

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

Guys I think I messed up I did the wrong strip by the same cartoonist and I'm not sure if this is the correct youth angle I forgot the assignment I'm sorry I hosed up

...or did I?

holy lol

ty nesamdoom!

posting smiling

Fredrik1 posted:

I know it's not technically the correct comic but I think we can rebrand the eyebeam character

google THIS posted:

...or did I?

whether or not something is the right comic or wrong comic is immaterial. all the people from back then are dead now. as for the content of the strips, the beer stuff is not being well received (seltzer is in this season). the fish blowjob on the other hand is a certified hit and is getting a lot of play in the alt weeklies.

posting smiling

vanisher posted:

All I could find were endless comics that made the same joke about how women were inferior what a wild ride

e: actually now I'm going to rewrite one completely so it makes it seem the opposite

that's a big part of the reason we've been asked to do this. bill yates got cancelled, as has every cartoonist circa 1909-1992.

Robot Made of Meat

vanisher posted:

All I could find were endless comics that made the same joke about how women were inferior

Umm. That's like 93% of all comics from the 1920s -1970s.

And the percentages don't go down a lot outside that range.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

this is right my alley so I will volunteer to help rejuvenate the funky pages but I most definitely won't be able to do it until the weekend

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"