Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

admiraldennis posted:

"rona"

Just say COVID if you need a shorthand, it doesn't need a loving cutesy name

Ok this is a good one. Roni is worse.

Otoh I only see that poo poo coming from internet ppl

I usually go with plague,maybe I am part of the problem too but I like to treat it with the respect it deserves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Disgusting Coward posted:

"Unprecedented" is the one that boils my piss the most, purely because this situation has precedent out the wazoo. "Some new disease has appeared and is loving our poo poo up" is basically the most precented situation ever. There's black and white olde-time newspapers of people getting hosed up by disease. There's woodcuts of medieval peasant types getting their poo poo hosed up by disease. Half the Bible is some motherfucker talking smack to Jehovah and getting diseased in their big dumb face, and the other half is poo poo you shouldn't do cause you'll get some wacky disease from your livestock. poo poo's precedented, tell ya what.
It's pretty unprecedented, people haven't understood germ theory for all that long and the world has never been this interconnected. The fact that it has spread to the entire world in a matter of 8 or 9 months is unprecedented. The response in areas of the world that have managed to contain it is pretty unprecedented (at least on the scale of the response)

I mean sure if you boil it down to the most basic thing people have been getting sick forever, but that'd be like someone in WW2 going "y'know this is just like the Trojan War"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

♪soft piano music in every commercial♫

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020

Bronze Fonz posted:

No poo poo.
Started a waiter job juuuuust before the lockdown hit, 2 weeks later the place is closed. Got on the CERB. (that's the canadian rona $ relief)
The owner made the news recently where they were showcasing their approach to reopening and the chef was quoted saying "I'm surprised, I thought people were eager to go back to work." and this gem "I promise I will get you all off the CERB".

Why of course, we cannot wait to go back to making your business function for minimum wage* while you literally yell at all your staff constantly for no reason, all the time.

Eat a bankrupcy you awful c**t.

Thanks for listening.

*: this is a place where a table for 2 will leave with at least a 500$ bill.

I don’t follow. Are advocating for never going back to work or you think it’s too soon?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

BigSexy posted:

I don’t follow. Are advocating for never going back to work or you think it’s too soon?

the business owner doesnt care that theres a pandemic or that people have to subject themselves to exposure, meanwhile his business and lifestyle are propped up by struggling people making the literal lowest he can legally pay them

hes advocating against sociopathy

more than that hes surprised that his employees arent chomping at the bit to make the same wage for a significantly more dangerous job

"its unthinkable these ppl dont want to further my machine, dont worry ill keep thinking of ways to apply leverage from teh comfort of my homestead"

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Fat Albert in a can posted:

Ads expressing gratitude for their front line workers. You wanna say thanks? Nothing is sincere like cash. Funny thing, cash also helps keep the lights on and food on the table; your ads do neither.

Related: when you do say it in cash but, like the dimwits at Kroger, stop paying out the paltry "hero bonus" you made self-congratulatory ads about after, oh, two weeks.

Why yes, this disease is sticking around! Who knew?!

To their credit, they did subsequently reinstate the bonus after consumer outrage, but they're now quietly ending it again because it's much easier to just call your employees heroes and print up some signs than to pay your cashiers another $2 an hour.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Statutory Ape posted:

are these just lovely people you post with or do ytou know people that talk like this irl lol

I would probably attack someone who said those words in that sequence out loud to a other human being.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Dave Portnoy crying like a bitch pleading to reopen the economy

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I'm tired of all of it. I'm a nurse. I'm not a hero. Nobody gives a poo poo what I say when I'm just trying to do the right thing for everyone.

Now I'm just a numb automaton that churns out covid tests and results. When I do feel something, it's the hope that this kills off every single fucker that refuses to do even the absolute minimum to keep themselves and others safe.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
I'm sick of the people that make wearing a mask into some intrusion by big government. Shut the gently caress up, you self-important pissbabies! There should be bounties on people that won't wear a mask, double if they utter "MUH FREEDUMS!"

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I have to respectfully disagree with professor shark here and say grab the tomato and keep moving. It's not like one out of every 12 is filled with scorpions. Same with bread squeezers and "but I need my specific, favorite brand of x."

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Volcott posted:

I have to respectfully disagree with professor shark here and say grab the tomato and keep moving. It's not like one out of every 12 is filled with scorpions. Same with bread squeezers and "but I need my specific, favorite brand of x."

geting scorpions for free with your tomato sounds fuckin awesome `

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
The flu kills more people every year than Covid-19 has!!!

Corona isn't that bad, my friend/son/daughter/inl-aw/cousin's friend/uncle on my mothers side's ex-wife got it and it was no big deal.

Masks don't stop you from getting sick so I'm not going to wear one!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I saw a guy with mask with TRUMP 2020 emblazoned across his mouth with a confederate flag behind it and I am just so tired of every single thing in the US becoming a political issue. I'm glad he was wearing the mask but jesus dude why do so many people let politicians live in their heads rent free??

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3J9jDoaTA

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

admiraldennis posted:

"rona"

COVID is the disease caused by the virus. :colbert:

I really hate when people call the virus itself COVID. I know it’s pedantic but it annoys me a ton.

I feel like anyone who writes or has written an article about dating right now and used the phrase “love in the time of coronavirus” should be fired and banned from being published anywhere until this is done.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Fister Roboto posted:

♪soft piano music in every commercial♫

♪slower sadder versions of songs that are already slow & sad♫

Jay_Zombie posted:

The flu kills more people every year than Covid-19 has!!!

Corona isn't that bad, my friend/son/daughter/inl-aw/cousin's friend/uncle on my mothers side's ex-wife got it and it was no big deal.

Masks don't stop you from getting sick so I'm not going to wear one!

A former acquaintance unironically said, in defense of his masklessness & his insistence that social distancing was bullshit, that he knew what was best for his body. I legit thought he was being sarcastic until I read the rest of his Facebook thread.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

admiraldennis posted:

"rona"

This really grinds my gears. I get it, it’s terrifying fighting an enemy that you can’t see that could kill you, and the less threatening name makes it... less threatening. On the other hand, we ABSOLUTELY should be scared of this, because until there is a vaccine it’s not going away.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

admiraldennis posted:

"rona"

Yeah, slangy bullshit is dumb as hell because it minimizes the dangers of the virus. I can't stand that stuff.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’m kind of tired of waking up every day and it’s still this poo poo.

The jerks across the street are gearing up for their annual block party blowout where they detonate fireworks directly over my house while a bunch of hipsters maybe with masks on, maybe not, stand in the middle of the street on Saturday like there’s not a loving plague still happening.

I loving hate them for not giving it a loving rest just this once. gently caress you and your explosions. gently caress celebrating the USA. Please don’t burn my roof off thanks.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Coolness Averted posted:

yes? Haven't you been paying attention? Hell my floor nurse Aunt (who also is a CHUD) was trying to organize a family BBQ this weekend. She should know better, hell half of her invitees would be in the most endangered age range or have medical conditions they'd need to worry about, including a diabetic smoker.

I guess I just have no issue at all communicating with people solely through text/email/facetime/phone call. As a goony rear end motherfucker I have no issues with people telling me I don't have to go out and see people because people are poo poo. I know not everyone gets to work from home like I do but I wish my boss would realize that we can do the same job remotely just as well and keep it like this.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
Everything in this topic but especially corporations soullessly pretending to care to get people to spend money on them.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Hambulance posted:

I'm sick of the people that make wearing a mask into some intrusion by big government. Shut the gently caress up, you self-important pissbabies! There should be bounties on people that won't wear a mask, double if they utter "MUH FREEDUMS!"

Literally posted on a dudes Twitter feed "masks aren't political, health safety isn't political" and he called me a troll and blocked me. This poo poo is loving stupid.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Fat Albert in a can posted:

we ABSOLUTELY should be scared of this, because until there is a vaccine it’s not going away.

This belief needs to spread more widely.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Random people saying "patrolling the Mojave sure makes you wish we were back in the Cool Zone." when I walk by them.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
You don't need to be scared if you understand the situation. The "corona-ism" I'm tired of is everyone acting like they're going to die.

1) Stay home as much as possible.
2) If you absolutely must leave, wear your mask and keep your distance.
3) Don't touch anything.
4) If you do catch caronavirus, it's incredibly unlikely you'll have lasting effects on your health.

Real tired of people calling it the "death plague". When an actual death plague appears, no one is going to take it seriously.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

central dogma posted:

You don't need to be scared if you understand the situation. The "corona-ism" I'm tired of is everyone acting like they're going to die.

1) Stay home as much as possible.
2) If you absolutely must leave, wear your mask and keep your distance.
3) Don't touch anything.
4) If you do catch caronavirus, it's incredibly unlikely you'll have lasting effects on your health.

Real tired of people calling it the "death plague". When an actual death plague appears, no one is going to take it seriously.

Very much agreed, and corona nearly put me in the hospital and had me crippled for weeks. People talking about how it’ll kill you are just making it easy for idiots to not take it seriously because the death rate is... well, it’s high for something that contagious, but it’s still fairly low. What it’s more likely to do is make you insanely miserable for a week followed by a few weeks of being tired and winded all the time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I read one account of a coronavirus survivor in which she describes waking up one morning nearly unable to breathe, with a feeling like she had a cactus inside each of her lungs, and that (in addition to basic consideration for myself & the people around me) was enough for me to go about avoiding catching/spreading it as much as humanly possible.

Also, I don't know which is the biggest "gently caress you" -- not wearing a mask inside a "no mask, no service" place, wearing a mask under your chin inside a "no mask, no service" place, or providing service to maskless people as a proprietor of a "no mask, no service" place.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, I don't know which is the biggest "gently caress you" -- not wearing a mask inside a "no mask, no service" place, wearing a mask under your chin inside a "no mask, no service" place, or providing service to maskless people as a proprietor of a "no mask, no service" place.

Nah, the biggest gently caress you is the stuff circulating Facebook telling people that if they don't want to wear a mask inside, just say they have a medical condition/disability, because then those dang employees can't make you do it! The sad thing is, most places really wouldn't touch that out of fear of being sued.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
White people: "Well if they didn't want to get shot they should have just complied."

The same white people: "WEARING A MASK IS GOVERNMENT TYRANNY AND I WILL NOT COMPLY!"

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

I can't stand watching news anchors adjust their mask every 20 seconds. Get a mask that fits, stop touching it with your dirty rear end hands.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Every single way in which boomers have responded to this pandemic, despite being at a higher risk than younger people, is infuriating

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pinus Porcus posted:

Nah, the biggest gently caress you is the stuff circulating Facebook telling people that if they don't want to wear a mask inside, just say they have a medical condition/disability, because then those dang employees can't make you do it! The sad thing is, most places really wouldn't touch that out of fear of being sued.

Wow, that is some serious bullshit. I'm really appalled by how most people are reacting to this crisis.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Very much agreed, and corona nearly put me in the hospital and had me crippled for weeks. People talking about how it’ll kill you are just making it easy for idiots to not take it seriously because the death rate is... well, it’s high for something that contagious, but it’s still fairly low. What it’s more likely to do is make you insanely miserable for a week followed by a few weeks of being tired and winded all the time.

drat, sorry for the hospital visit. Seems you have a good perspective on things, though.
Again, not saying to not take it seriously (everyone should)! Calling it the death plague is exaggerating, though.

I'm wondering, was it possible to catch this late November/early December in the US last year. Me and several office workers got pretty sick with "something" going around, one after another. We all had flu shots already. I was hospitalized because I had kidney complications, but only for a couple days. Back in March we were wondering if it was actually coronavirus. Probably not, but :tinfoil:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

central dogma posted:

drat, sorry for the hospital visit. Seems you have a good perspective on things, though.
Again, not saying to not take it seriously (everyone should)! Calling it the death plague is exaggerating, though.

I'm wondering, was it possible to catch this late November/early December in the US last year. Me and several office workers got pretty sick with "something" going around, one after another. We all had flu shots already. I was hospitalized because I had kidney complications, but only for a couple days. Back in March we were wondering if it was actually coronavirus. Probably not, but :tinfoil:

It's highly unlikely. 99% of the people who think "Well, I may have had it back in X" didn't. There's tons of stuff that has crossover symptoms, and you almost certainally had one of those.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
"well your surgery was successful but we're going to recommend that you wear a mask on the way out of the hospital"

loving tired of hearing it!

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer
I'm loving all the retail businesses pitching endless sales to shill for my CARES Act Money but of course I'm sitting on it until August when the Desperation Sales kick in.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Michael Corleone posted:

Random people saying "patrolling the Mojave sure makes you wish we were back in the Cool Zone." when I walk by them.

Getting sick of hearing about that dude's big iron on his hip too

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Slippery posted:

If you wanna waste ten bucks just send it to me dude

Ehy? is mocking girlfirends now eillegsl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Ralph Hurley posted:

I’m kind of tired of waking up every day and it’s still this poo poo.

The jerks across the street are gearing up for their annual block party blowout where they detonate fireworks directly over my house while a bunch of hipsters maybe with masks on, maybe not, stand in the middle of the street on Saturday like there’s not a loving plague still happening.

I loving hate them for not giving it a loving rest just this once. gently caress you and your explosions. gently caress celebrating the USA. Please don’t burn my roof off thanks.

In my xity soeniens been shoiting off firwarks evary dey for lkke months now